• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The M6 build is starting to get a bit outdated. Here is my solo setup from last season http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Addnan-2643/hero/55389699 The missing rings are rorg and soj. Right now if running M6 it would be the full 6 piece with Focus and Restraint.

These two are closer to what you should be aiming for though. UE DH for speed running http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Addnan-2643/hero/58685800 Natalya's for solo play http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Addnan-2643/hero/60799816

Thanks!

Got Nat's pants last night as well as the crashing rain belt from Kadala. So now I can join the modern world with my Demon Hunter :)

I still have to use RoRG until I get Nat's Gloves. So I'll start begging Kadala for the gloves. Once I get them, I'll have to roll for a Restraint. I have a Focus, but it's pointless to use without Restraint. So for now I'll stick with Unity + RoRG.

Sadly I have no ancient items, so I doubt I'll be able to go very far into the GRifts. The highest level I've completed is 40 (with the old sentry setup). Should be interesting to see if the new build lets me go further.

Kind of let down with Crusader on the PTR currently. Hammers are fun but I feel like it's lacking compared to Barb and Monk. I wish they buffed Rolands some, because I actually like Sweep Attack and would love for S.Bash to be viable (some small tweaks could make it go far)

Hopefully they announce the end of Season 3 here soon.

Wolfie5

Yes, also another tip. If you manage to get one, reroll the socket as soon as you can only ONCE, no matter what other stat you get as long as you get rid of the socket. Then use the Ramaladni to get the socket again and only THEN start the rerolling process until you get 10% incr dmg.
This way you'll do it faster (and cheaper) because the chance of getting a socket will be automatically excluded due to it being already present on the weapon.

Thanks, will remember that.

Addnan

Thanks!

Got Nat's pants last night as well as the crashing rain belt from Kadala. So now I can join the modern world with my Demon Hunter :)

I still have to use RoRG until I get Nat's Gloves. So I'll start begging Kadala for the gloves. Once I get them, I'll have to roll for a Restraint. I have a Focus, but it's pointless to use without Restraint. So for now I'll stick with Unity + RoRG.

Sadly I have no ancient items, so I doubt I'll be able to go very far into the GRifts. The highest level I've completed is 40 (with the old sentry setup). Should be interesting to see if the new build lets me go further.
Just remember that cooldown reduction is king in the nats setup. You want cdr pretty much everywhere. Read up on the rain of vengeance breakpoints if you want to gear properly for that.

Just remember that cooldown reduction is king in the nats setup. You want cdr pretty much everywhere. Read up on the rain of vengeance breakpoints if you want to gear properly for that.

It's going to be tricky. I think you just have to get really lucky with rings to get cooldown + socket + crit.

How much does the dmg on your offhand weapon matter? I can roll the %dmg off my offhand and get cooldown there.

Addnan

It's going to be tricky. I think you just have to get really lucky with rings to get cooldown + socket + crit.

How much does the dmg on your offhand weapon matter? I can roll the %dmg off my offhand and get cooldown there.

Offhand doesn't matter with rov. It scaled completely of the main hand. Many people roll off the damage range. Wouldn't recommend that to you because it requires a lot of mats, but yeah you should roll of the %damage from off hand

Jedi2016

Got the Fire immune amulet tonight, first one I've ever seen in over 1000 hours played. Pretty cool I think.

It rolled like crap, but at least I'll be able to cube it.
MrRogersFYou.gif

Offhand doesn't matter with rov. It scaled completely of the main hand. Many people roll off the damage range. Wouldn't recommend that to you because it requires a lot of mats, but yeah you should roll of the %damage from off hand

There's no reason that Nat's has to be the main hand, right? It would be a lot cheaper to roll the dmg off my Nat's than my Calamity (1.3 mil per roll right now).

Syntek

There's no reason that Nat's has to be the main hand, right? It would be a lot cheaper to roll the dmg off my Nat's than my Calamity (1.3 mil per roll right now).

Nats Slayer comes with +%dmg rolled in as one of the primaries. Putting Nat's Slayer in the off-hand essentially means you now have two useless primaries: dmg range and +%dmg. Whichever you choose to roll away, you'd still end up with one wasted affix. Calamity as an off-hand doesn't have this problem, since it doesn't come with fixed rolls.

Izayoi

Banned
Well... I think I'm burned out already. Is there anything to focus on after you can solo T6 reliably other than the Greater Rifts? It seems like I'm not going to progress much there without completing at least one set...

I think part of it is that I have been playing with my girl and I have watched her complete THREE sets (including a full Whirlwind set, and four of them are Ancient). Meanwhile, I am scraping by with poverty gear. I'm getting nothing but dupes (three pairs of Inna's boots, four Raiment gloves) and shit (Invoker :lol) for greens.

I basically can't even do anything in online groups (or even locally now) other than keep an aura up. I tried a support build and was somehow even more worthless than I was in a DPS role... really not feeling it at all.

Grampasso

Well... I think I'm burned out already. Is there anything to focus on after you can solo T6 reliably other than the Greater Rifts? It seems like I'm not going to progress much there without completing at least one set...

I think part of it is that I have been playing with my girl and I have watched her complete THREE sets (including a full Whirlwind set, and four of them are Ancient). Meanwhile, I am scraping by with poverty gear. I'm getting nothing but dupes (three pairs of Inna's boots, four Raiment gloves) and shit (Invoker :lol) for greens.

I basically can't even do anything in online groups (or even locally now) other than keep an aura up. I tried a support build and was somehow even more worthless than I was in a DPS role... really not feeling it at all.
I know, "RNG gonna RNG". Keep playing if you can, the pieces will come, and probably all at once. And remember that in 2.3 you'll be able to swap a set piece with another one in the same set (random) thanks to Kanai's cube. If you can play with your GF (assuming you don't have to take turns) you'll be able to drop more!

Wolfie5

So apparently you won't need to craft infernal machines when patch 2.3 releases.
Infernal machines will instead drop from the keywardens and hellfire amulet will always roll with a socket.

http://www.diablofans.com

Good thing I didn't waste to much time trying to get those keys recently.

Addnan

So apparently you won't need to craft infernal machines when patch 2.3 releases.
Infernal machines will instead drop from the keywardens and hellfire amulet will always roll with a socket.

http://www.diablofans.com

Good thing I didn't waste to much time trying to get those keys recently.

If you play off season you can still collect the keys, they will turn into infernal machines once the patch hits.

So bounty caches will now drop at least 2 recipes per cache until your recipe collection is complete. With ~190 craftable items, why even bother with such a completely pointless mechanic, just unlock all the crafting recipes for everyone. I mean what, providing you've never collected a crafting recipe before in the entire game, that's 95 caches to unlock every crafting recipe. On normal, you can do 5 caches in 10-15 minutes, 20 at a stretch, meaning a pointless 3-4 hours maximum to unlock every single recipe.

I get that they're trying to make this patch look as big as possible, but making out that this is some huge change to bounty caches (especially with the re-working of crafting materials) seems like a case of them running out of ideas for things to do.

Dahbomb

Data mining's started for the next PTR patch: http://www.diablofans.com/news/48486-diablo-ptr-2-3-0-patch-2

Seven-sided strike changed to start its cooldown when the skill ends.

No other changes to the cooldowns on the runes yet... they'll need to change something there or the leaderboard will be all generator monks.
Expected. Should've happened a long time ago but it took the move to be good again for Blizzard to realize that it used the same invincibility mechanic as other skills.

Still this makes it much weaker overall as a skill with no other compensation.

They also nerfed Tempest Rush Cold rune..... wut.

Dahbomb

There might be some mechanic changes that aren't in the datamined changes. The stacks might build up faster than before or something.

Also the Fist of Az stats are supposed to change in this patch as well along with IK getting buffed. So definitely not the end of the datamine list.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Yeah, the Lion's Claw affix shows up, although it's not clear what's changing. Maybe they're buffing the number of extra hits to compensate.

The1Ski

I was trying to think of a new class for a future expansion pack and I had kind of a goofy but potentially (in my opinion) fun idea.

The Time Traveler / Space Marine. Character is warped back in time from a future battlefield by evil magic or something. His skills are firearm and grenade based. Sort of like Raynor from StarCraft, something along those lines.

I know it would be a little out of place but it would basically be the premise of the space marine in Doom. I think there could be some really cool skills and abilities similar to what you have with the demon hunter and wizard. Combined with the toughness of the Barb and crusader.

I don't know, my mind wonders at work and my imagination took off on me. What do y'all think?

Raticus79

I was trying to think of a new class for a future expansion pack and I had kind of a goofy but potentially (in my opinion) fun idea.

The Time Traveler / Space Marine. Character is warped back in time from a future battlefield by evil magic or something. His skills are firearm and grenade based. Sort of like Raynor from StarCraft, something along those lines.

I know it would be a little out of place but it would basically be the premise of the space marine in Doom. I think there could be some really cool skills and abilities similar to what you have with the demon hunter and wizard. Combined with the toughness of the Barb and crusader.

I don't know, my mind wonders at work and my imagination took off on me. What do y'all think?

Sounds like Heroes of the Storm would be good for you.

Are rift trials going away in the next patch? I thought I read that somewhere. I find them to be very, very tedious.

Yup. Trials are replaced by a dropdown selection box. Entering a GR consumes a generic GR keystone which drops in regular rifts.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/19802338/patch-230-ptr-preview-6-23-2015#adventure
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/19817367/patch-230-preview-kanais-cube-7-28-2015
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/19842936/patch-230-preview-adventure-mode-8-4-2015

Immortal King's Call - [6 Pieces] - Now increases damage by 250% (up from 100%)

Very happy about this. Also WD's seems to have gotten a lot of love.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
since they're getting rid of normal rift stones, should we use them up ASAP? i'm curious if they still have the same bonus XP amount when you complete a rift.

i'm trying to get my rift keys down to about 10 or so, i have a very large surplus.

Jedi2016

since they're getting rid of normal rift stones, should we use them up ASAP? i'm curious if they still have the same bonus XP amount when you complete a rift.

i'm trying to get my rift keys down to about 10 or so, i have a very large surplus.
I burned through all mine. I imagine they'll turn into some kind of sellable item with no other value.

What about Grift keystones? I've got a ton of those. I imagine they'll just turn into the new style Grift stones?

The M6 build is starting to get a bit outdated.

I logged in and played my M6 DH for the first time in months a few nights ago...and outdated is exactly how my build felt. I'm not going to change anything with it for now, but when the next season rolls around, it will be fun to play around with new/different builds.

I logged in and played my M6 DH for the first time in months a few nights ago...and outdated is exactly how my build felt. I'm not going to change anything with it for now, but when the next season rolls around, it will be fun to play around with new/different builds.

The new sentry style is actually interesting. I used it to farm for my Natalya pieces. When you have 5 turrets out all shooting cluster arrow at the same pack of enemies, the damage bust is very satisfying. And I think it's more fun than strafe + RoV. I just wish the damage output could compete. Problem is I found myself starved for hatred all the time.

With RoV, I feel like I'm on auto-pilot. Constantly strafing, constantly stutter stepping with evasive fire, and RoV when it's up. There's very little room for actual thought. Just trying to optimize every single second to get the most damage out.

I feel like the UE multishot build would be more fun, but I lack the pieces and apparently it's not as good as a solo build.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
I burned through all mine. I imagine they'll turn into some kind of sellable item with no other value.

What about Grift keystones? I've got a ton of those. I imagine they'll just turn into the new style Grift stones?

yes, i believe those are converting. they didnt specifically say whats happening to the normal ones other than they will not be required. which means they are unusable or sellable.

but if someone knows if on the PTR if they complete a normal rift without the stone, do you still get the bonus xp/gold?

Out of crit chance, crit dmg, and cooldown reduction, which one should I reroll attack speed into?

Current stats:

F8HKbiv.png

Losing the attack speed will keep me above the 1.88 attacks per second required for the 2nd strafe breakpoint. I'm nowhere near the 3rd so I don't mind losing the attack speed.

Grampasso

Out of crit chance, crit dmg, and cooldown reduction, which one should I reroll attack speed into?

Current stats:

F8HKbiv.png

Losing the attack speed will keep me above the 1.88 attacks per second required for the 2nd strafe breakpoint. I'm nowhere near the 3rd so I don't mind losing the attack speed.
What are you replacing?

Grampasso

Oh, those are the stats WITH the ring on, then I'd say definitely go for CHC (so you'll be near the 1/10 rate) or CDR if you're low on that. I'm assuming you're a DH using the NAT build (high CHC)?

Oh, those are the stats WITH the ring on, then I'd say definitely go for CHC (so you'll be near the 1/10 rate) or CDR if you're low on that. I'm assuming you're a DH using the NAT build (high CHC)?

Yup. And those are the stats with the ring on. I still haven't rolled off the attack speed. I'm just not sure if I have enough cooldown rate to start focusing on my crit chance a little.

Last night I got an ancient nat's slayer + that restraint. So throwing on the weapon + those 2 rings all at the same time made a huge difference in damage. The downside is finally saying goodbye to my zoo since taking off the RoRG meant I had to replace Mara gloves with Nats gloves. Having all those pets really was nice...

Tonight I should finally be able to beat Rift level 40 for the first time. I'm really loving the added blood shard capacity. Good idea there, Blizz.

Addnan

Yup. And those are the stats with the ring on. I still haven't rolled off the attack speed. I'm just not sure if I have enough cooldown rate to start focusing on my crit chance a little.

Last night I got an ancient nat's slayer + that restraint. So throwing on the weapon + those 2 rings all at the same time made a huge difference in damage. The downside is finally saying goodbye to my zoo since taking off the RoRG meant I had to replace Mara gloves with Nats gloves. Having all those pets really was nice...

Have you checked out Philos' video on breakpoints? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxxZ0ZixcT0 There's a very specific cdr required for 2:1 rotation.

Have you checked out Philos' video on breakpoints? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxxZ0ZixcT0 There's a very specific cdr required for 2:1 rotation.

Not yet.

So at 44.5% cooldown, I'm just shy of 45% required for 3:1. That's good to know. I can make up that difference by rerolling 1-2 items. According to the guide, it's pointless for me to increase CDR beyond that unless I can hit the 2:1, which I can't. I'd need a new Focus... unless I should give up a socket for CDR.

Currently I have:

10% from paragon
10% from mainhand
10% from offhand
7% shoulders
7% from gloves

I can trade 7% attack speed for 8% on 1 ring
I can trade a socket for 8% on my other ring.

That would put me at 60% but I won't have enough attack speed so wouldn't it be pointless?

Raticus79

So which is better now... Uliana's or Generator or R6 build?

The latest data mining (from the Korean side) doesn't show anything changing with Lion's Claw, so Rainment may have taken the lead again.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/3g0g2d/23_ptr_patch_2_updated_legs_and_sets/

I've been leaning toward generator with Inna's to be group-friendly.
Grin Reaper WD's looking good now too - should be easy to keep 100% uptime usnig any skill to trigger the mimics:

The Grin Reaper
(Retroactive) Legendary Power
Tooltip clarified: Chance when attacking to summon horrific Mimics that cast some of your equipped skills when attacking.
Proc chance increased from 20% to 50%
Mimic lifespan increased from 5 seconds to 10 seconds
Mimic life increased from 25% of player to 100% of player

Barbs are still in surprisingly good shape.

Addnan

Not yet.

So at 44.5% cooldown, I'm just shy of 45% required for 3:1. That's good to know. I can make up that difference by rerolling 1-2 items. According to the guide, it's pointless for me to increase CDR beyond that unless I can hit the 2:1, which I can't. I'd need a new Focus... unless I should give up a socket for CDR.

Currently I have:

10% from paragon
10% from mainhand
10% from offhand
7% shoulders
7% from gloves

I can trade 7% attack speed for 8% on 1 ring
I can trade a socket for 8% on my other ring.

That would put me at 60% but I won't have enough attack speed so wouldn't it be pointless?
never drop socket. Getting 60% cdr you need gogok. Just gonna copy paste old thing. Link your profile. Attack speed on gear is never good for this build

I'm just gonna describe the two different breakpoints. With perfect CDR you will have 54.3%. CDR is mutliplicative, so adding more won't show up on sheet the same way.

With gogok of swiftness at 15 stacks perfect CDR is 61.13% and perfects the attack speed.

To be able to do this you need to have 4.6% attack speed in your paragons.

If you don't have perfect CDR then you want 3:1 rotation. For this you need 46% sheet CDR. You don't use gogok with this. Put 2.2% attack speed into your paragons.

My dude right now:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/jim2point0-1220/hero/42736492

So without the ability to get cooldown on both of my rings (until I drop a focus with a socket), it's pointless to go for the 2:1. I should just aim for 3:1 and 1.88 aps.

Also, is the balefire really better than a Calamity? I'm not sure how fire dmg scales compared to the extra damage from MFD.

I also need to swap out bane of the trapped. That was really meant for my cold sentry build. I'd probably be better off with the stone of vengeance.

Addnan

My dude right now:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/jim2point0-1220/hero/42736492

So without the ability to get cooldown on both of my rings (until I drop a focus with a socket), it's pointless to go for the 2:1. I should just aim for 3:1 and 1.88 aps.

Also, is the balefire really better than a Calamity? I'm not sure how fire dmg scales compared to the extra damage from MFD.

I also need to swap out bane of the trapped. That was really meant for my cold sentry build. I'd probably be better off with the stone of vengeance.

You haven't rolled anything on your focus? You realise how gg that ring is right? D: Get rid of dexterity and roll on 8 CDR. Then on the restraint attack speed to cdr. Sort our your gloves and shoulder you have yourself 2:1 rotation. A balefire is better. Elemental damage is additive to less things, I'm not sure the exact maths. In short Balefire is better.

You haven't rolled anything on your focus? You realise how gg that ring is right? D: Get rid of dexterity and roll on 8 CDR. Then on the restraint attack speed to cdr. Sort our your gloves and shoulder you have yourself 2:1 rotation.

The BNET profile doesn't show the reroll icon if you've rolled a stocket onto an item. They need to fix that. But yeah, I've already rolled a socket onto that Focus. That's what I mean. I need a new one with a socket already on it to get CDR.

Is it really worth it to drop that much dex for CDR? I would have thought attack speed would be better to drop. But I'm not going to do that until I get a new focus anyways.

Addnan

The BNET page is wrong... as it usually is. I've already rolled a socket onto that Focus. That's what I mean. I need a new one with a socket already on it to get CDR.

Is it really worth it to drop that much dex for CDR? I would have thought attack speed would be better to drop. But I'm not going to do that until I get a new focus anyways.

Ah ok, you got that ring before the update so no socket. For now yeah, drop attacks speed on the restraint and turn that to cdr for 3:1. Otherwise your attacks speed will be too high to maintain hatred. If you check my focus here, it's the dream ring every DH wants. http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Addnan-2643/hero/60799816

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom