• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Addnan

No idea. In PTR he was ok, seemed pretty balanced. On live he is obviously broken, half the health of all the other RGs.

TSM

I've started up D3 several times and stared at the PTR option, but I'm trying to stay strong and wait for the new season.

Dahbomb

RIP IN PEPPERONI STONEBOY!

Thorns damage is now increased by 100% of your primary stat damage bonus
Area Damage can now be triggered by pet attacks
Also interesting stuff here.

Exploding Palm
Skill Rune - Essence Burn
The DoT effect applied by the on death explosion now stacks
Finally may not be an absolutely useless rune.

This explains that Tempest Rush nerf:

Tempest Rush
Attack speed will no longer cause Tempest Rush to attack faster; instead the resource cost and damage will scale with attack speed
Skill Rune - Flurry
The weapon damage bonus granted now scales with attack speed
Damage bonus per stack reduced to 90% weapon damage

They nerfed Bane of Stricken again.

The patch on PTR is looking good for WD, wasn't excited before with the new sets but with some of the changes to grin reaper, Carnevil, area dmg and pet dmg including corpse spider + spider from arachnyr and possibly more, it'll be interesting!

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness

Wolfie5

Tested SMK last night, (that had dropped for me 4-5 days ago) after seeing people talking about in forums. Didn't care for it much as the dps was 2200 and I had anchient Thunderfury 2700 dps and anchient Dagger of darts 2900 dps(will try this when I get a Carnevil).

Anyway, SMK felt much better in dps output since I could pretty much have BBV on all the time thanks to my 20+ fetishes. I could have 2 BBV out, though they don't stack.
And now fetishes get some buff too in area dmg and fetish army dmg bonus, which means my build will do even better. Release the patch already :)

Edit: Very curious about the corpse spider getting pet dmg increase. Been a while since I used it.

Also, just realised I can put my SMK in the cube, since its dps is low and use Thunderfury/Dagger of darts as my main...
Will probably put my mask of jeram there as well. Don't know about jewelry though.
Damn all these buffs that are coming with the patch. I wonder what level GR I will be able to do with my current gear.

MrDaravon

So much for the 30-day notification on end of Seasons lol.

I'm at work and my GPU died so I haven't been on for a while, can anyone who has me on their list see what Paragon Level I am this season? Didn't realize there was a portrait for 400. Haven't been on for a while because of the laptop dying, going to build a PC on my next check though.

Xanathus

So much for the 30-day notification on end of Seasons lol.

I'm at work and my GPU died so I haven't been on for a while, can anyone who has me on their list see what Paragon Level I am this season? Didn't realize there was a portrait for 400. Haven't been on for a while because of the laptop dying, going to build a PC on my next check though.

If anyone wants help getting their 400 cheevo points you can just add me for NA (quote to see battle tag)

Raticus79

Yeah, they shortened it to 2 weeks. Here are the dates:

"Season 3 will be ending at the following dates and times for each region:
North America: Sunday, August 23 @ 5:00 p.m. PDT
Europe: Sunday, August 23 @ 5:00 p.m. CEST
Asia: Sunday, August 23 @ 5:00 p.m. KST

Season 4 will be starting shortly after at the following dates and times for each region:
North America: Friday, August 28 @ 5:00 p.m. PDT
Europe: Friday, August 28 @ 5:00 p.m. CEST
Asia: Friday, August 28 @ 5:00 p.m. KST"

So that puts the patch at about Tuesday the 25th.

MrDaravon

What 30-day notification? They've been saying 2-week notification for season end since season 2, and that is what they gave us.

I could have sworn they had said they were going to do 30-day heads up, that obviously changed at some point. I'm all for it though, 2 weeks is more than enough IMO, and Season 3 needed to end forever ago.

With how fast you can level and hit endgame content I'd normally say Seasons should be 3 months max, but I haven't been following the game since the PTR went up so I'm not sure how much the new Torment levels and other changes have potentially changed things.

I wish it were practical for me to play in seasons. Seems like it would be fun starting from scratch again.... but I've JUST hit paragon level 500 on my non-season character =(

Hey guys, I love the hell out of those Lara Croft games (Temple of Osiris on PS4)...

Does Diablo III have any puzzles at all?

I can play the game for the weapons and combat and loot and all that, but I truly enjoy the puzzle solving in Lara Croft. I know they are different games, but I was sort of hoping to know if Diablo was more than combat with tons of weapons

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Hey guys, I love the hell out of those Lara Croft games (Temple of Osiris on PS4)...

I can play the game for the weapons and combat and loot and all that, but I truly enjoy the puzzle solving in Lara Croft. I know they are different games, but I was sort of hoping to know if Diablo was more than combat with tons of weapons

no puzzle solving.

Celegus

Diablo is click on monsters until things shiny things with better numbers than your own pop out. Lots of theorycrafting and different builds, but the gameplay is pretty mindless. Certainly no puzzles. Great for podcasts though!

neoism

lol why does everyone release shit at the same times its nice to know when season 4 is starting but I really wanted this month... only got 4 days with it smh... ol well the weened before MGS5 will go quick....

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member

Yes the puzzle is what combination of gear and stats makes my numbers go the highest. You kind of have to make your own puzzle, it's fun!

Raticus79

Here's a nice very detailed guide to leveling up quickly for the season 4 start:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/3g81kb/updated_23_season_4_fastest_leveling_guide_full/

There are three methods of leveling that I’m going to go over.
The fastest is going to be Cursed Bounties and Halls of Agony farming
The next fastest is doing select bounties or completing all act 1 bounties or chain completing the bonus acts
Finally, still quick by any means is running pure rifts.

ZWdMdmP.jpg

Xanathus

I prefer the faster leveling method of waiting one week and getting powerlevelled to 70 in an hour or two :p Though I'll probably play season on day one.

Baliis

Cant decide if I wanna do Crusader or Monk to start this season. Haven't done a crusader yet in seasons, but monk is looking really good if they don't eat another nerf.

Also, who wants to level with me? Dunno if my normal buddies are coming back this season =/

Yeah, they shortened it to 2 weeks. Here are the dates:

"Season 3 will be ending at the following dates and times for each region:
North America: Sunday, August 23 @ 5:00 p.m. PDT
Europe: Sunday, August 23 @ 5:00 p.m. CEST
Asia: Sunday, August 23 @ 5:00 p.m. KST

Season 4 will be starting shortly after at the following dates and times for each region:
North America: Friday, August 28 @ 5:00 p.m. PDT
Europe: Friday, August 28 @ 5:00 p.m. CEST
Asia: Friday, August 28 @ 5:00 p.m. KST"

So that puts the patch at about Tuesday the 25th.

Sweet ...

I prefer the faster leveling method of waiting one week and getting powerlevelled to 70 in an hour or two :p

Thanks again Eek lol

Dahbomb

The new Fire Exploding Palm is legitimately broken currently.

No way it goes into live in its current form. It stacks up infinitely with no cap.

Left the Neogaf clan months ago to make room for more active players. With 2.3 looming around, I feel like getting back into it. Is there space available in the NA clan?

eek5

I'll be happy to help people PL once I'm stronk enough to do so. Just don't join my games expecting a carry though; ask first lol

Jrmint

Finally got my Calamity tonight after about 600 hours of Demon Hunter play time.

Really excited to start using it with my Nats set.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
how is the crusader thinking doing a cru or wizard, blessed hammer isnt my type of playstyle but im sure cru has other options

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
PTR has WD pet buffs? I recently got back to this and I'm having fun but WD pet army build is the only thing I want to play even if the dps isn't the best :)

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
PTR has WD pet buffs? I recently got back to this and I'm having fun but WD pet army build is the only thing I want to play even if the dps isn't the best :)

I know they did a change to carnevil/dart builds specifically, where instead of having 15 fetishes shoot when you do, only 5 of them do (for like 4x damage) and the rest of the fetishes melee as normal.

IceMarker

Left the Neogaf clan months ago to make room for more active players. With 2.3 looming around, I feel like getting back into it. Is there space available in the NA clan?

Yes, there's a couple spots. If I don't get to the list before other officers do, I'll add you back in.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
how is the crusader thinking doing a cru or wizard, blessed hammer isnt my type of playstyle but im sure cru has other options

Has very strong options, Condemn build is still viable I'm sure, and Roland's is based around Shield Bash now.

strafer

So I've been out of the loop for a while. Reinstalled the game in preparation for the new patch. Really looking forward to explore the new area and get my hands on that cube.

Is there a separate thread for consoles (Xbox one)? Just started playing this and was looking for others from gaf. Destiny has been eating away my game time and thought now is a good time to a start another game. Played a ton of D2 so looking forward to getting done with the story missions.

Was also reading about all the modding and am thinking I should have picked up the pc version. But that can be solved by playing with the right people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom