• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
does the set reducing ring only drop from act 1 caches? someone said act 1 and im confused on why it wouldnt drop from any act cache

Wolfie5

It is designed to only drop in Act 1*.

http://www.diablohub.com/database/sorting/bounty-bags

(*All cache items can drop in Act 4 bags, but it's obviously better to focus on the Act which has the items that you want to get.)

What the...? and here I was hoping to get one on rift runs...

Act 1 bounties it is then. Thank you.

EDIT:
On my 4th try and a pretty good roll :)
QK0nAMT.jpg

EDIT 2: And got a Ramaladni's Gift. A good day today.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
It's hard to plan ahead knowing there will probably be some more changes in the final patch. Hopefully we get to try it out in PTR first.

Leaning toward a HOTA or SS barb right now.

There are a lot of interesting little rings floating around out there. I can't wait for the new patch so I can get some of these effects passively. Being locked into BiS gear sucks sometimes because you don't get to play with some of the other cool stuff that gets released.

Also, I now have all of the single element immunity amulets.... and every single one of them has terrible rolls :)

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
farming the ring with a geared friend (cause I cant do torment 6 alone yet), no luck. 5 amulets (lol) and the shoulders

Jrmint

There are a lot of interesting little rings floating around out there. I can't wait for the new patch so I can get some of these effects passively. Being locked into BiS gear sucks sometimes because you don't get to play with some of the other cool stuff that gets released.

Also, I now have all of the single element immunity amulets.... and every single one of them has terrible rolls :)
My thoughts exactly, I can't wait to cube the Unity for greater rifting.

Nitsuj23

Are power leveling requests allowed here?

I haven't played season 3, but have reached max level in the first 2 seasons. The thought of not getting the S3 transmog gear is making my OCD go mad. I think I'll log in tonight for the first time since season 2 and try to level up quickly. If anyone wants to let a lowbie leech XP I'd be appreciative! Sorry if this doesn't go here, I can delete.

Battle tag is JooseBox#1358 if anyone is interested. Can return the favor once maxed if you need a character leveled.

Edit: Forgot to say I'm on NA servers.

Rhaknar

the grind for the set ring is starting to get to me. Ive gotten multipe of every other legendary in the loot table (amulet I got like 6 lol) and still no ring. Between a bunch of torment 6 runs with a friend and solo torment 3 runs, its making me sad (especially when I have 5p zuni and just want my 245% pet dmg increase)

nature of the beast I know. To make matters worse (not really I actually laughed) another friend joined my party just as I finished a bounty, he got the cache for it and got the ring lol. At least im confortable doing torment 3 now even without the 6p bonus

Lain

the grind for the set ring is starting to get to me. Ive gotten multipe of every other legendary in the loot table (amulet I got like 6 lol) and still no ring. Between a bunch of torment 6 runs with a friend and solo torment 3 runs, its making me sad (especially when I have 5p zuni and just want my 245% pet dmg increase)

nature of the beast I know. To make matters worse (not really I actually laughed) another friend joined my party just as I finished a bounty, he got the cache for it and got the ring lol. At least im confortable doing torment 3 now even without the 6p bonus

You in Europe right? If you want to do some act 1 on t6 for caches hit me up.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Would anyone be kind enough to powerlevel me on the US servers now? I'm currently lvl 25.

[EDIT] My Battletag is Beru#1678

Jrmint

My buddy is waiting for Gaf account activation, could he get an invite to the Gaf clan?

His battle tag is Vanz#1302

He is part of my 4 man group and the other 3 of us are in the clan.

ZenaxPure

It's hard to plan ahead knowing there will probably be some more changes in the final patch. Hopefully we get to try it out in PTR first.

Leaning toward a HOTA or SS barb right now.

Saw a post a few weeks ago on the barbarian reddit where a guy cleared GR 63 with a HoTA build (and this was before the IK buff) so I think I am going to focus on that in seasons solo play as HoTA was my favorite skill in vanilla D3 before WW took over (the built in crit chance to HoTA has always been a really cool mechanic).

Probably still going to play a bunch of WW outside of seasons though, the current seasonal WW build is almost as fun mechanically as it was in vanilla so it's a hard build for me to just not play constantly.

mileS

Not sure what I want to do this season. I like to plan ahead so I should get at it soon. I'm leaning more towards Monk because Barb was my main last season.

Monk still looking good on the PTR? haven't been following lately. Last time I played one it was the SWK bell/torch spec. I loved that, but from what I seen it doesn't compare to the new set bonus stuff.

NeoCross

Excited to jump back in with D3GAF for S4. All these changes look glorious, especially the cube. Now if only Blizzard would announce the return of Runewords along with the next expansion already!

Rhaknar

Reading the ptr patch notes and saw Zunimasa 2p set bonus now also reduces the cooldown of fetish army by 80%... why? It's not like the things die anyway :p

I guess it helps when you die and come back, or maybe ambush becomes much better?

Fularu

Banned
I'll be happy to help people PL once I'm stronk enough to do so. Just don't join my games expecting a carry though; ask first lol
Can I ask right now to be placed in the plvl queue? :p When I start playing you're always already plvl 300+ (and I only start like 5 days late)

ElyrionX

Going to be back once patch hits. But will probably only play non season as usual.

Question, how expensive is it to reroll rares to legendaries woth the cube? Will I finally have a decent chance of picking up a Krider for my DH alt?

Dahbomb

Going to be back once patch hits. But will probably only play non season as usual.

Question, how expensive is it to reroll rares to legendaries woth the cube? Will I finally have a decent chance of picking up a Krider for my DH alt?
Last time I checked it was relatively inexpensive. Especially compared to re-rolling a Legendary which IMO is a bit expensive (50 forgotten souls) and also time consuming (need to get 5 of each mats from a Bounty full clear).

The rare to Legendary re-roll only requires craft mats (like 50 each not including Forgotten Souls) which is about as expensive as crafting most Legendary items through the Blacksmith. So yeah it's pretty inexpensive when you think of it like that.

The main bottleneck is going to be Death's Breath... those 25 Death's Breath each re-roll gets used up real quick and they are used for other recipes as well.

mileS

Death's Breath has been the bottleneck for the past 2 seasons anyway. You reach a certain point where souls don't matter much and you have to farm Death's Breath. Why they aren't auto-pickup I have no idea...

RS4-

Death's Breath has been the bottleneck for the past 2 seasons anyway. You reach a certain point where souls don't matter much and you have to farm Death's Breath. Why they aren't auto-pickup I have no idea...

Seriously, I don't get why things like that aren't auto pickup. Game needs options for gems too, like don't auto loot anything below x-star gem.

I'm going to come back over from POE for a bit when S4 comes out, but I am having a hard time finding out good information for HC builds from people playing on the PTR. Are the Diablo class subreddits the best resource for this?

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Seriously, I don't get why things like that aren't auto pickup. Game needs options for gems too, like don't auto loot anything below x-star gem.

auto pick up should have been in for day 1 for gems/mats. its stupid not to have it in.

Rhaknar

finally got my set reducing ring, and also got a stone of jordan from the vendor lady, thats rare right?

ZenaxPure

Kinda lame that they are using the same Transmog from Season 1 as a reward.

The real question is why do they keep taking junk legendaries out of the loot pool and redesigning them if they are just going to keep adding more junk legendaries to the game. Barbarians are 0 for 3 for good seasonal legendaries and I haven't seen anything positive about the season 4 one yet. I'd settle for one with a niche use at this point, cause the others weren't really useful by the time you reach Torment 2.

Dahbomb

The real question is why do they keep taking junk legendaries out of the loot pool and redesigning them if they are just going to keep adding more junk legendaries to the game. Barbarians are 0 for 3 for good seasonal legendaries and I haven't seen anything positive about the season 4 one yet. I'd settle for one with a niche use at this point, cause the others weren't really useful by the time you reach Torment 2.
They kinda have to do both really (add brand new Legendaries and redesign old ones). In theory there isn't anything wrong with it, it's actually for the best to keep the game interesting the problem is in the execution. Sometimes the items aren't as good as Blizzard planned them to be.

For the Monks though all of their new items including redesigned old ones have been very good for this patch. Shenlongs are insane now and the Lion's Fist + Belt are basically best in slot items for the Uliana's. Uliana also retroactively makes some unusable items very good now like Madstone and Flow of Eternity.

ZenaxPure

For the Monks though all of their new items including redesigned old ones have been very good for this patch. Shenlongs are insane now and the Lion's Fist + Belt are basically best in slot items for the Uliana's. Uliana also retroactively makes some unusable items very good now like Madstone and Flow of Eternity.

Well my problems are with barbarian where blizzard seems to have no focused vision for items. They keep adding/redesigning items that effect one of our generators but they haven't bothered to make a set to give generators a real power boost (not even sure barb generator only builds can do T6 rifts in a respectable amount of time currently). Also why did they redesign one of our weapons to be a HoTA weapon? The season 1 item was a HoTA weapon and instead of redesigning that weapon to be good they just redesigned a completely different useless weapon? Now we have 2 HoTA weapons and you can't even dual wield them because the good one is a 2h weapon.

I mean obviously they can make these items good eventually with new sets but it still bugs me they add items like this new cleave weapon instead of say adding a WW specific item when the current WW build uses 0 class specific legendary items in non-set slots because nothing exists in those slots.

Dahbomb

You can put the 2H weapon in the cube (or the 1h and equip the 2h). I don't see the problem here.

WW has that Ring though. Yea it's not that good but it exists.

I think the main problem with D3 is that everyone is just being funneled into builds that Blizzard wants us to use with very specific items. The Archon Wizard and Uliana's set are perfect example of this. Uliana is essentially a 10-12 piece set. Even with the cube there is hardly any wiggle room when the items that Blizzard wants us to use are so powerful.

ZenaxPure

You can put the 2H weapon in the cube (or the 1h and equip the 2h). I don't see the problem here.

Can't realistically cube the 2h weapon because it has +40% HoTA skill damage on it (cube only applies to legendary effects).

Also that is really beside the point. What I was getting at is why on earth did they redesign a random weapon to be a HoTA weapon when we already had a really terrible HoTA weapon in the game? Why not simply redesign the terrible HoTA weapon and make it good? Makes absolutely no sense.

The Archon Wizard and Uliana's set are perfect example of this. Uliana is essentially a 10-12 piece set. Even with the cube there is hardly any wiggle room when the items that Blizzard wants us to use are so powerful.

Nats Demon Hunter. You have wiggle room with your offhand, shoulders, and amulet. But apparently pauldrons of the skeleton king are the only sensible shoulders for Grifting.

And I think the build itself is exhausting and sadly not all that fun.

I'd like to try that multishot build but that really requires that quiver I think.... which is seasonal. So I'll try it in season 4 maybe.

WW has that Ring though. Yea it's not that good but it exists.

I think the main problem with D3 is that everyone is just being funneled into builds that Blizzard wants us to use with very specific items. The Archon Wizard and Uliana's set are perfect example of this. Uliana is essentially a 10-12 piece set. Even with the cube there is hardly any wiggle room when the items that Blizzard wants us to use are so powerful.

My biggest complaints so far, they're just winging it all unfortunately because the system they have in place is utter shit and everything needs to have their own rules. Hopefully some consistency in the next expansion or whatever is planned while they just do what they are doing now, make 10+ items that focus on one skill.

That said, I'm probably going with Multishot DH (dat yang's recurve) first to farm gear and mats fast before rolling a monk. There is going to be a LOT of bounty farming for mats to extract legendaries. 5 acts = 6 extracted legendaries atm (if you follow the bonus). That takes a really long time.

So I'm still pending joining the NeoGAF clan. :( Why will no one accept me.

Oh, yeah. If there's room, I wouldn't mind being invited as well.

jim2point0#1220

I'll be playing well into season 4 I think. There's not a whole lot of other games on the horizon that will pull me away :)

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Just so people know, inviting by battletag still doesn't work. They added a button for it in 2.3 but it's failed every time I've tried in PTR.

For now, you need to go to the clan search in game, look for NeoGAF and then request an invitation there. After that just post to let us know it's there. We get a few random join requests every day from people spamming clan join requests, so this step's necessary to let us know which one you are. If the invite button's working in 2.3 then we can streamline this a bit by turning off public invites.

The clan's been full for ages, so we've just been removing the people who have been idle the longest as new requests come in.

I sent a request in to join the Gaf clan (Ryu#1778), returning to the PC version after playing console for awhile. The exploited items have become pretty widespread and has pushed me away from the console version.

ElyrionX

Last time I checked it was relatively inexpensive. Especially compared to re-rolling a Legendary which IMO is a bit expensive (50 forgotten souls) and also time consuming (need to get 5 of each mats from a Bounty full clear).

The rare to Legendary re-roll only requires craft mats (like 50 each not including Forgotten Souls) which is about as expensive as crafting most Legendary items through the Blacksmith. So yeah it's pretty inexpensive when you think of it like that.

The main bottleneck is going to be Death's Breath... those 25 Death's Breath each re-roll gets used up real quick and they are used for other recipes as well.

Hmm I haven't played since S3 launched but I have a huge amount of Death Breath in my stash.

Hmm I haven't played since S3 launched but I have a huge amount of Death Breath in my stash.

I have something like 3700 of them. I have no idea what to use them for. I suspect people in seasons are having more problems because they are crafting legendaries so they have stuff to use until they drop the good stuff?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom