• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreavus

Oh man, getting hyped for Season 4 reading those previews. The one tiny thing that sucks is the cosemetic rewards are mostly repeats! It's good for people who missed it though.

With the changes to the Hellfire stuff I may actually spend the time to make a few this time.

Trainman

Neo Member
Hey folks!

Just picked up Reaper of Souls after taking a many years break from the Diablo 3 base game. I have a relatively low-level monk at some early point in Act II, would it be worth making a new character to try out the crusader? Also are there any big changes to the core act of playing that I should know about?

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Hey folks!

Just picked up Reaper of Souls after taking a many years break from the Diablo 3 base game. I have a relatively low-level monk at some early point in Act II, would it be worth making a new character to try out the crusader? Also are there any big changes to the core act of playing that I should know about?

if thats what you want to play, sure, why not?

not really as far as the act system goes. i think you need to finish the game once to unlock Adventure Mode. Adventure Mode is a lot more fun to level up in and stuff since you dont deal with the story. so once youre done with the story on whatever difficulty you do, go into Adventure Mode and just play that

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
I'm pretty excited to jump back in to S4

I hope that this season doesn't follow in my usual cycle of:

Make seasonal character
Get decent gear
Clear GR50
Never log back in again

Put in my request to the GAF clan. jim2point0#1220

I'm pretty excited to jump back in to S4

I hope that this season doesn't follow in my usual cycle of:

Make seasonal character
Get decent gear
Clear GR50
Never log back in again

I still haven't cleared GR50 on my non-season character. I tried 49 last night, but I encountered a pack with reflect damage, shielding, jailer..... and just rage quit. That combo is fucking brutal when you have strafe on auto-cast. I gotta get in as much damage as possible when the shield is down, and then reflect damage comes up and auto kills me when I cast Rain of Vengeance.....

Celegus

If anyone is doing some good ol' power leveling before the season ends, can I get on that boat? Celegus#1599 or check the GAF guild, I've been there forever.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
I still haven't cleared GR50 on my non-season character. I tried 49 last night, but I encountered a pack with reflect damage, shielding, jailer..... and just rage quit. That combo is fucking brutal when you have strafe on auto-cast. I gotta get in as much damage as possible when the shield is down, and then reflect damage comes up and auto kills me when I cast Rain of Vengeance.....

Lol my non season characters just live in total neglect now, they're relics of an old age basically. I cleared GR50 on my DH using the UH6 set multishot build, basically it required me to farm about 20 GR50 stones in a group where we could blast through it and then I just soloed it until I got lucky with density, pylons and elite packs.

I think it took about 16 attempts or so?

aborath

Neo Member
Hey Witch Doctors, I'm just jumping back in after a long absence. Anything buff/nerf-wise I should know, as far as WD is concerned?

Hey Witch Doctors, I'm just jumping back in after a long absence. Anything buff/nerf-wise I should know, as far as WD is concerned?

Overall, the class has gotten MUCH better. If you like pets, this will do, if you like a challenge and using unique indirect nukes, Helltooth has you covered. The only nerf is spirit walk cooldown starting at the end of the ability BUT they added like 50% dmg mitigation on sets so it's fine. Overall, WD is good, it's just different and might not be enjoyable or direct as say a Multishot DH with Yang's Recurve, just point and shoot, the screen of mobs just die.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
As far as I understand rift fragments become vendor trash in the patch and trial keys become whatever you use for greater rifts correct?

I've been basically just doing normal rifts to convert those fragments to keys because of that

Is it possible to buy just the expansion on psn instead of the full deluxe game? I'm really enjoying it right now, just started up nightmare mode with my monk.

Wolfie5

As far as I understand rift fragments become vendor trash in the patch and trial keys become whatever you use for greater rifts correct?

I've been basically just doing normal rifts to convert those fragments to keys because of that

That is correct.

I have a few questions about Kanai's Cube if anyone can answer.
I have a legacy Witching Hour (lvl 60), can i reroll it?

Can I reroll Helltooth set items I have now to the new Helltooth set that comes in 2.3?

I read somewhere that you could create a portal with puzzle ring. Does that still work in PTR or has that been removed?

People have touched on the new stuff, but if you mean long long absence, then a bunch more stuff might have changed. For example Jade is pretty crappy nowadays, if you used to play that, mostly due to the nerf to spirit walk. Still overall the class is much better, a lot of stuff is nice especially after the 2.3 patch. I think best improvements to the class is you get a bunch of movespeed passives and crap, it used to be so slow on WD if there weren't packs constantly to refresh spiritwalk duration.

That is correct.

Can I reroll Helltooth set items I have now to the new Helltooth set that comes in 2.3?

I read somewhere that you could create a portal with puzzle ring. Does that still work in PTR or has that been remived?

Pretty sure the portals still work, puzzle ring gives the vault, bovine axe gives cow level.

Set items get changed to the new sets when they're patched due to how their system work, at least it was like that last time I checked, so any Helltooth you have now would be good, although it wouldn't get any new guaranteed rolls and what not. Rerolling them should give the new versions. No idea about legacy, I'd assume you could, but it'd roll the current version.

Wolfie5

Pretty sure the portals still work, puzzle ring gives the vault, bovine axe gives cow level.

Set items get changed to the new sets when they're patched due to how their system work, at least it was like that last time I checked, so any Helltooth you have now would be good, although it wouldn't get any new guaranteed rolls and what not. Rerolling them should give the new versions. No idea about legacy, I'd assume you could, but it'd roll the current version.

Ok, thanks. Guess I'll find out about the legacy when the patch comes out. Can't believe I still haven't found a better dps belt than my lvl 60 Witching hour.

Just to make sure, when you say cow lvl do you mean the rainbow lvl or is there an actual cow lvl now?

Ok, thanks. Guess I'll find out about the legacy when the patch comes out. Can't believe I still haven't found a better dps belt than my lvl 60 Witching hour.

Just to make sure, when you say cow lvl do you mean the rainbow lvl or is there an actual cow lvl now?

There's a cow level now, they added it as a rare rift back when they added rifts, so I guess for RoS.

Wolfie5

There's a cow level now, they added it as a rare rift back when they added rifts, so I guess for RoS.

Nice, did not know that. Hopefully I have a bovine axe in my stash. Will have to check when I get home.

Edit:
My battletag wolfie5#2907

I requested an invite to Neogaf clan in EU a few days ago.

Syntek

That is correct.

You can, but you won't want to. That 9% ASI will reroll with 7% as max. Legacy weapons with 100% CD rolls will reroll to 35% max. Some legacy items with minus cost/cooldown affixes lose those when rerolled with Kanai's cube. Even worse, you don't gain any new affix to replace the lost ones either. And you still can't use the Miriam to reroll after parsing legacy items through Kanai's.

aborath

Neo Member
Overall, the class has gotten MUCH better. If you like pets, this will do, if you like a challenge and using unique indirect nukes, Helltooth has you covered. The only nerf is spirit walk cooldown starting at the end of the ability BUT they added like 50% dmg mitigation on sets so it's fine. Overall, WD is good, it's just different and might not be enjoyable or direct as say a Multishot DH with Yang's Recurve, just point and shoot, the screen of mobs just die.

Haven't played since RoS was released. That's good news about Helltooth; it was the only set it I multiple pieces of (for WD). Guess I'll start running rifts to try for the rest. Guess I'll check out the patch notes.

Thanks for the responses.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Is it possible to buy just the expansion on psn instead of the full deluxe game? I'm really enjoying it right now, just started up nightmare mode with my monk.

No, the expansion doesn't actually exist as an individual product for consoles. You either have the vanilla version or ultimate evil edition, it isn't treated as DLC.

Wolfie5

You can, but you won't want to. That 9% ASI will reroll with 7% as max. Legacy weapons with 100% CD rolls will reroll to 35% max. Some legacy items with minus cost/cooldown affixes lose those when rerolled with Kanai's cube. Even worse, you don't gain any new affix to replace the lost ones either. And you still can't use the Miriam to reroll after parsing legacy items through Kanai's.

Oh, might not reroll after all. So they nerfed witching hour. Too bad

Haven't played since RoS was released. That's good news about Helltooth; it was the only set it I multiple pieces of (for WD). Guess I'll start running rifts to try for the rest. Guess I'll check out the patch notes.

Thanks for the responses.

You are like I was 2 weeks ago. Hadn't played for a year either.

Big news:
*Items roll Anchient version (better stats).

*There are legendary gems you can get by playing Greater Rifts. These gems can be socketed into your rings and amulet only. You will want to have all three jewelry socketed with legendary gems as they are pretty good.

*You can upgrade legendary gems by playing more GR which will make the gems even better. At least level these up to rank 25 as it will unlock secondary affix.

*Hellfire amulet rolls a passive skill. But wait until patch 2.3 before doing any hellfire runs. Keywardens will drop infernal machines instead of keys. Keys you have now will be converted to infernal machines, so don't use those keys.

*There is an item called Ramaladni's Gift. It will give a socket to your weapon. If you already have a weapon with socket, reroll socket to %dmg and than add socket with ramaladni.

*Most wanted weapons as WD is Star metal kukri and Dagger of Darts. If you can't get those try getting a weapon that is anchient, to increase your DPS. DoD is only good if you have a Carnevil helmet, which makes all your fetishes shoot darts.

*As for skills, read up on patch notes. There has been some changes. Overall I felt stronger with my pet build after a year absence, meaning either monsters got weaker or WD got some buffs.

My current build:
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/wolfie5-2907/hero/63364470

Wolfie5

A new Witching hour will more than make up for a 2% IAS difference.

Will a reroll be enough, you think? Since Miriam doesn't apparently reroll legacy items that has been rerolled in cube? Meaning I could potentially only get 5% IAS.
Though, I can always reroll in cube again...

Or do you just mean a new one? They seem to be very rare. Gotten a lot of belts, but no witching hour... Is it easier to get one if I gamble with a different class than WD?

Firemind

•Chantodo's Resolve
•Has been redesigned

•(2) Set Bonus
•Every second while in Archon form you expel a Wave of Destruction, dealing 350% weapon damage to enemies within 30 yards
•Every time you hit with an attack while not in Archon form, 350% weapon damage is added to the Wave of Destruction, stacking up to 20 times
I've been reading this for a good five minutes and I still don't know what it means.

•Vyr's Amazing Arcana
•Has been redesigned

•(2) Set Bonus
•Archon gains the effect of every rune

•(4) Set Bonus
•Archon stacks also increase your Attack Speed, Armor and resistances by 1%

•(6) Set Bonus
•You also gain Archon stacks when you hit with an Archon ability
This reads like you can gain stacks twice from every enemy: one from hitting and one from killing. That said, eh. Doesn't want to make me roll wizard.

aborath

Neo Member
Oh, might not reroll after all. So they nerfed witching hour. Too bad

You are like I was 2 weeks ago. Hadn't played for a year either.

Big news:
*Items roll Anchient version (better stats).

*There are legendary gems you can get by playing Greater Rifts. These gems can be socketed into your rings and amulet only. You will want to have all three jewelry socketed with legendary gems as they are pretty good.

*You can upgrade legendary gems by playing more GR which will make the gems even better. At least level these up to rank 25 as it will unlock secondary affix.

*Hellfire amulet rolls a passive skill. But wait until patch 2.3 before doing any hellfire runs. Keywardens will drop infernal machines instead of keys. Keys you have now will be converted to infernal machines, so don't use those keys.

*There is an item called Ramaladni's Gift. It will give a socket to your weapon. If you already have a weapon with socket, reroll socket to %dmg and than add socket with ramaladni.

*Most wanted weapons as WD is Star metal kukri and Dagger of Darts. If you can't get those try getting a weapon that is anchient, to increase your DPS. DoD is only good if you have a Carnevil helmet, which makes all your fetishes shoot darts.

*As for skills, read up on patch notes. There has been some changes. Overall I felt stronger with my pet build after a year absence, meaning either monsters got weaker or WD got some buffs.

My current build:
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/wolfie5-2907/hero/63364470

My Fetish/Gargantua WD is currently wearing a Carnevil and using Snake to the Face--it's pretty funny.... too bad the new patch nerfs the item down to a max of 5 Fetishes. I realize that SttF probably isn't the ideal rune choice, so I'm going to try other stuff, but I'd like to keep the Fetishes. I don't know... still learning what's-what.

BTW, what are the Greater Rifts?

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
My Fetish/Gargantua WD is currently wearing a Carnevil and using Snake to the Face--it's pretty funny.... too bad the new patch nerfs the item down to a max of 5 Fetishes.

The damage from each fetish dart is increased so the overall damage is the same. This was done to cut down the load on the server with the dart spam.

I guess that multishot quiver really makes a difference for the UE build. Without it, I can't even clear GR43. My nats build was doing GR49.

Just seems silly to start a seasonal character right now so mabye I'll just use UE for farming up some keystones until S4 starts.

Wolfie5

My Fetish/Gargantua WD is currently wearing a Carnevil and using Snake to the Face--it's pretty funny.... too bad the new patch nerfs the item down to a max of 5 Fetishes. I realize that SttF probably isn't the ideal rune choice, so I'm going to try other stuff, but I'd like to keep the Fetishes. I don't know... still learning what's-what.

BTW, what are the Greater Rifts?

Greater Rift is an end game thing. The higher GR level you play, the more difficult the rift gets. Diffuculty goes way higher than Torment. It was added in patch 2.1 a few months after RoS.

You can get to a Greater Rift by using Keystone of Trials, which is dropped only by the Rift Guardian in the regular Rifts. Monsters don´t drop loot. You race against time and progress only by killing monsters.You only get loot from the GR guardian(legendary gems are guarenteed) and if you kill the guardian in time you can choose to upgrade your gem or go to a higher difficulty.

More at link:
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/blog/15317478/

Sober

I've been reading this for a good five minutes and I still don't know what it means.

This reads like you can gain stacks twice from every enemy: one from hitting and one from killing. That said, eh. Doesn't want to make me roll wizard.
When you have 2pc Chantodo's (wand and source), you gain an ability in wizard form and archon form. As a wizard, when you hit with an attack, you gain a stacking buff for wave of destruction. When in archon form, you gain wave of destruction, which is like a PBAoE around you (think explosive blast). Basically the time you spend in wizard form doesn't go to waste because it's supposed to pay off in Archon form.

6pc Vyr's works with Archon stacks based on the actual archon ability. When you are in Archon form, every kill you make adds a stack to Archon which increases your damage. The set bonus changes it so you also gain a stack on hit instead of on kill. This is a big change because you're no longer flailing in the wind against bosses vs. trash.

Akai XIII

I guess that multishot quiver really makes a difference for the UE build. Without it, I can't even clear GR43. My nats build was doing GR49.

Just seems silly to start a seasonal character right now so mabye I'll just use UE for farming up some keystones until S4 starts.
I just spent blood shards on quivers whilst playing on my seasonal crusader to get it.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Less than 2 weeks from now.

It's actually just over 2 weeks from now. The patch hits in less than two weeks, but the season doesn't start until the following Friday.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Would anyone do me a tiny favor (shouldn't take more than 10 minutes)?

I need to finish Act 4 and 5 to access Adventure mode. Technically I think I only need to kill Diablo and Malthael, so all you would need to do is create a game at the end of Act 4, kill Diablo with me, then do the same with Act 5.

Anyone? My tag is Beru#1678, US servers.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Really could use the patch right now, very much into this atm

JoeMartin

Mmm seems as tho carnevil doc is still best doc. New helm enables perma slam dance since extra fetishes can reset cooldown, you can use FnR, and you can use MoJ.

DPS got fucken real.

Rhaknar

What new helm? I've been hunting the dagger that reduces the voodoo cooldown, there's a helm now too?

Picked up the game again today to get the S3 stuff done, going pretty well so far, got powerlvled to 70, already on Torment IV, just need like 1 piece of IK and wastes that don't overlap and farm a rorg(or just use the lvl 16 int one I got from one of the 4bounties I did on my own before getting powerlvled, doesn't even really matter) and I should probably be fine for T6 at decent speed and clear all that stuff at once.

Don't really like barb but picked it since I saw people saying it was the easiest to gear up to do T6 and seems that was definitely the case, since you can basically go 6pc wastes or 6pc IK or a mix and be fine since the 2 sets buff the same playstyle, while for most other classes it's a bit more annoying as you need one specific set.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom