• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pepto

Banned
Mmm seems as tho carnevil doc is still best doc. New helm enables perma slam dance since extra fetishes can reset cooldown, you can use FnR, and you can use MoJ.

DPS got fucken real.

Still the worst class though...

there might be a zdp buff build but I'm not keeping my hopes up...

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Ive hit a dps / greater rift wall, I can do 29s barely, but I always miss the timer on 30s. I feel like just like 1 week ago when the 6p would make a huge difference (and it did), I really need to find a Starmetal Kukri now.

Having a permanent slam dance (i assume since the fetiches are always hitting shit) will boost my dps imensely, as the defference in killing elite packs with the voodoo totem and without is night and day.

The pet dmg helm would be nice too but I think the weapon would be the biggest boost, for my spec at least :)

Insaniac

Ive hit a dps / greater rift wall, I can do 29s barely, but I always miss the timer on 30s. I feel like just like 1 week ago when the 6p would make a huge difference (and it did), I really need to find a Starmetal Kukri now.

Having a permanent slam dance (i assume since the fetiches are always hitting shit) will boost my dps imensely, as the defference in killing elite packs with the voodoo totem and without is night and day.

The pet dmg helm would be nice too but I think the weapon would be the biggest boost, for my spec at least :)

I think the helmet would probably be a bigger DPS boost, it gives you anywhere from 80% to 100% more pet damage, where as slam dance is, what? 15% ias and 30% Damage? (don't usually play WD)

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I think the helmet would probably be a bigger DPS boost, it gives you anywhere from 80% to 100% more pet damage, where as slam dance is, what? 15% ias and 30% Damage? (don't usually play WD)

20% attack speed and 30% dmg. Like I said, the difference in elite packs with and without the voodoo is ridiculous. the fetish belt so I could free the passive would be nice also

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
It's actually pretty close. Dart-firing fetishes benefit from attack speed twice. Your attack speed is factored into their base damage, and then they fire a dart when you do. So, that 20% damage boost from attack speed becomes 44%, and then the 30% damage brings that to 87%.

Rhaknar

It's actually pretty close. Dart-firing fetishes benefit from attack speed twice. Your attack speed is factored into their base damage, and then they fire a dart when you do. So, that 20% damage boost from attack speed becomes 44%, and then the 30% damage brings that to 87%.

they are fixing / nerfing that in the patch aparently. the double attack speed that is. and im not using poison dart anyway, I dont have the thing to make them fire when I do

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
they are fixing / nerfing that in the patch aparently. the double attack speed that is. and im not using poison dart anyway, I dont have the thing to make them fire when I do

"Big Bad Voodoo
Pets no longer gain double the benefit of the 20% attack speed bonus"
I think the implementation of that was to make it so the attack speed of melee pets isn't increased by Big Bad Voodoo, which would only affect melee fetishes, dogs and gargantuan. Dagger of Darts has a different mechanism.

Rhaknar

"Big Bad Voodoo
Pets no longer gain double the benefit of the 20% attack speed bonus"
I think the implementation of that was to make it so the attack speed of melee pets isn't increased by Big Bad Voodoo, which would only affect melee fetishes, dogs and gargantuan. Dagger of Darts has a different mechanism.

I see

JoeMartin

What new helm? I've been hunting the dagger that reduces the voodoo cooldown, there's a helm now too?

He probably meant new cube.

Can't wait for the new patch either.

Carnevil helm was changed to make only the five closest fetishes shoot darts (which is what I meant by new - same name, tweaked effect), so all 18 of your other fetishes are punching things in the face to reduce slam dance cd (assuming you've SMK Kanai'd).

And yeah WD still the worst class, but still easily my favorite. And because I have a bananas carnevildoc already I won't need to roll another this season.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
my WD has the best gear, and earlier today i just got an acient 2800 dps Thunderfury...

my monk might be able to survive better though

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
I'm late to this game but Christ it's addictive (not 'addicting'. Stop it!) I couldn't stop smiling when I reached level 70 and realised I was now levelling up for a different reason. I have a question or two though:

I've been through a portal to a weird place with flowers, dancing clouds, viscous teddy bears and stampeding horses, but is there any other places like that? I could have sworn the developers said something about clickers for the PS4 version. I know there are also rifts, which I'm assuming are different to portals, but when do you get those? I have ONE item that's green ... is that better than legendary? I have so much to learn. Can you continue with the same character and level in adventure mode? I'm also assuming there's a new game plus (there better be!).

edit: WOW, I thought I was bumping this thread from obscurity and then I looked UP.

And done with S3 stuff. Took 12hours-ish total, which was pretty fast. Probably could have ended earlier but I wanted to get either 4pc IK or 6pc WW before I got all the stuff done, so it wasn't painful as hell. Eventually got the IK weapon and cleared all the stuff at once, did 3 trials for lvl 25 rift stones plus the 2 lvl 10 I had from slow rolling, upgraded 3 gems to 5 and upgraded one of the 25 to lvl 30 rift which I then cleared pretty easily and finally went and cleared the act bosses on torment V which gave me enough(had some points from doing a torment VI normal rift too from when I was leveling).

Bombless

And done with S3 stuff. Took 12hours-ish total, which was pretty fast. Probably could have ended earlier but I wanted to get either 4pc IK or 6pc WW before I got all the stuff done, so it wasn't painful as hell. Eventually got the IK weapon and cleared all the stuff at once, did 3 trials for lvl 25 rift stones plus the 2 lvl 10 I had from slow rolling, upgraded 3 gems to 5 and upgraded one of the 25 to lvl 30 rift which I then cleared pretty easily and finally went and cleared the act bosses on torment V which gave me enough(had some points from doing a torment VI normal rift too from when I was leveling).

Where can you see the season goals? I think I've done all tjat is required but I want to make sure.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Huge patch is about to hit, this thread is gonna get real busy again soon.

What does it bring? One other thing: I started on normal and seem to be slicing the enemies up like they're make of butter. Should I have started on hard and if so, when I get to NG+ can I up it to hard without having to start again? And, Christ, I've got two other modes to battle thought yet. This is SO daunting.

Bombless

What does it bring? One other thing: I started on normal and seem to be slicing the enemies up like they're make of butter. Should I have started on hard and if so, when I get to NG+ can I up it to hard without having to start again? And, Christ, I've got two other modes to battle thought yet. This is SO daunting.

NG+? What? Normal is extremely easy. You're better off playing in Master difficulty to start with.

New patch brings a new area (Secheron) and a new version of the horadrim cube allowing for tons of crazy stuff to be made (like taking legendary effects off items and adding them to other items).

Also I just checked my season Barb and I already unlocked all the rewards. Oh well ^_^;;

Wolfie5

Yay, finally got a Witching Hour to replace legacy one I had for so long. Had to reroll a Wizard skill(into Int) that rolled for some reason even though I am a WD. Dropped from a GR guardian :)

HfNQVEY.jpg

Also, I got this interesting weapon. Legendary affix seems to do a lot of dmg. I will test this in the cube and see if it is any good.

Jrmint

I'm late to this game but Christ it's addictive (not 'addicting'. Stop it!) I couldn't stop smiling when I reached level 70 and realised I was now levelling up for a different reason. I have a question or two though:

I've been through a portal to a weird place with flowers, dancing clouds, viscous teddy bears and stampeding horses, but is there any other places like that? I could have sworn the developers said something about clickers for the PS4 version. I know there are also rifts, which I'm assuming are different to portals, but when do you get those? I have ONE item that's green ... is that better than legendary? I have so much to learn. Can you continue with the same character and level in adventure mode? I'm also assuming there's a new game plus (there better be!).

edit: WOW, I thought I was bumping this thread from obscurity and then I looked UP.
The rifts are randomly generated areas and monsters, so each time you go in you have a chance to fight against anything in the game. That area you described is a one off but those enemy types have a chance to show up in rifts.

I believe in the PS4 version TLOU monsters also have a chance to show up in rifts, but I don't think there is a Last of Us area.

Adventure Mode is basically your new game plus. You could play through the story again at 70 but there is no reason to since the rewards you get in adventure mode are much better.

I hope that answered everything.

Addnan

Oh, no need to keep it in my stash then. Is there a list of what you can cube?

List you can't cube.

Weapon

Blood-Magic Edge (Dagger)
Corrupted Ashbringer (2H Sword)
Pig Sticker (Dagger)
The Paddle (Daibo)

Jewelry

Ancestors' Grace (Amulet)
Haunt of Vaxo (Amulet)
Hellfire Amulet (Amulet)

Where can you see the season goals? I think I've done all tjat is required but I want to make sure.

Achievements is what you need to look at, you need 400points to unlock the last thing, and it has an achievement for it(something something portrait or whatever, it unlocks the portrait). Open them, click on seasons and check you have 400 or more.

You get most of it from lvling to 70(70points iirc) and killing act bosses on torment equivalent to the act they're from(so T1 for butcher, T5 for malthael, uber diablo is T6 but that's annoying to do, 40points each so 200 for these), as well as running a normal rift on T6(10points per torment so 60). After that you only need a few points which can be done from easy G rift stuff like upgrading a bunch of gems to 5 and clearing GR25 or so.

Rhaknar

so in theory, the cube recipe to turn yellows into legendaries should turn it into the same kind correct?

like a yellow ceremonial knife should turn into a random legendary ceremonial knife? Im stocking up on yellows now in hopes of turning one into that goddamn kukri, assuming the recipe is affordable :p

Celegus

How long until the guild is back to 4 people online at night though? It's a fun game and all, but when there's nobody online at all to talk to, it's a little depressing.

Eh it's bound to happen eventually. Especially with all the new releases coming out at the end of the year. Usually I play a ton every patch until they detail the next one, then it feels a bit pointless until then and I take a break. Skipped last season so I was pretty much on my own the entire time, the rest of GAF was playing season so I'll be joining in on this one.

Eh it's bound to happen eventually. Especially with all the new releases coming out at the end of the year. Usually I play a ton every patch until they detail the next one, then it feels a bit pointless until then and I take a break. Skipped last season so I was pretty much on my own the entire time, the rest of GAF was playing season so I'll be joining in on this one.

It is really hard to log on and play knowing there's a patch right around the corner that's going to make the game so much better. In the meantime.... Rocket League :)

Jedi2016

It is really hard to log on and play knowing there's a patch right around the corner that's going to make the game so much better.
While this is true, I've also been farming for specific items to stuff into the Cube later. So far I've got one out of the three that I want. And I need a better neck.. The one I have is amazing, but has no socket (already rerolled for Crit, which is why it's as ridiculous as it is for +damage). I really wish they'd let you use the Gift on anything, not just weapons.

QP3

Picked up RoS yesterday. Haven't played since 2013. What does power leveling entail? I keep seeing it mentioned.

JoeMartin

Having now put together highly functioning sets of all WD gear (3200 dps DOD, 3150 dps Scrim, 4300 dps Diviner), the only thing that comes close to Carnevildoc is Scrimdoc or Divinerdoc.

Scrimdoc requires a much higher degree of risk to deal consistent downfield damage; consistency is a problem regardless with the horrendous zombie bear ai - I actually had better luck with point blank polar bears - but WD doesn't have the DR to pull that off above GR50. It definitely can work, but is far less pliable as it necessitates a much more selective range of mob and map sets.

Divinerdoc deals good downfield damage at range and can aoe much harder, but it lacks the absolute trainwreck single target that carnevil doc can effortlessly deal.

I just don't think there's a replacement for being able to down GR60+ rift guardians in under a minute, and the AOE isn't particularly bad, it just requires a more coördinated finesse to corral enemies into your narrower AOE.

As ever, the plight of WD regardless of build is piss poor mobility; we are unable to select fights or move past undesirable mob packs; every build is forever tied to spirit walk, and spirit walk CD is necessarily held for survivability purposes; this is the largest contributing factor to our lack of survivabillity at higher GR.

Yuuichi

Picked up RoS yesterday. Haven't played since 2013. What does power leveling entail? I keep seeing it mentioned.

Someone with a cap character drags you through high torment difficulty rifts, and with the exp multiplier it only takes a few minutes to get from 1 - 60.

While this is true, I've also been farming for specific items to stuff into the Cube later. So far I've got one out of the three that I want. And I need a better neck.. The one I have is amazing, but has no socket (already rerolled for Crit, which is why it's as ridiculous as it is for +damage). I really wish they'd let you use the Gift on anything, not just weapons.

I haven't dropped a gift since returning to the damn game. They seem extreeeeeemely rare.

Addnan

What the hell. Why can't I drop any at all? =(

I have about 400 hours on this DH, in that time dropped about 50 gifts and took many more than people just drop in town. First gift of season dropped around para 200. What's your play time? They are rareish, but time brings everything.

TSM

I have about 400 hours on this DH, in that time dropped about 50 gifts and took many more than people just drop in town. First gift of season dropped around para 200. What's your play time? They are rareish, but time brings everything.

I used to give them to gaffers as I seemed to be the lucky guy that got all the gifts. Usually when I get them they drop 2 or 3 within a couple hours.

Celegus

Got to para 300 in Season 2 and didn't find a single one. Got maybe 20 in total non season which I have played a ton of. They're definitely super rare for me.

Got a question for higher end players that I'd greatly appreciate if explained!

Me and my wife been playing this with new characters (I'm a witch doctor she is a wizard), we are max level paragon 89 and playing torment 3. I almost have full Zunimassa(?) set, have about 3 pieces. I been looking online for good builds and a lot of them start out saying, "having a full zunimassa set is good ect"

But what is the point? Is there better gear out there then a full zunimassa? Are there like super legendaries? Like why care about your build when you have all the best stuff? You are essentially done... What is the point of finding new gear?

Tldr: is there ultimate gear in the game? What is the point of continuing if you already have good stuff?

Thanks!

TSM

Got a question for higher end players that I'd greatly appreciate if explained!

Me and my wife been playing this with new characters (I'm a witch doctor she is a wizard), we are max level paragon 89 and playing torment 3. I almost have full Zunimassa(?) set, have about 3 pieces. I been looking online for good builds and a lot of them start out saying, "having a full zunimassa set is good ect"

But what is the point? Is there better gear out there then a full zunimassa? Are there like super legendaries? Like why care about your build when you have all the best stuff? You are essentially done... What is the point of finding new gear?

Tldr: is there ultimate gear in the game? What is the point of continuing if you already have good stuff?

Thanks!

It's a loot game. If seeking progressively smaller upgrades isn't interesting to you and you are bored with the content already then there isn't much left for you. If you still find the game entertaining then you can either keep trying to push up to torment 10, which is coming shortly, or see how high a greater rift you can complete. Short of the campaign mode there is no "ending" to aim for.

Jedi2016

Yeah, the Gifts are rare, no doubt. I went forever without seeing on, right now I'm sitting on, I think seven or eight. Not really needed right now.. WW Barb, and I think the BK weapons always roll with a socket.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom