• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
It got to half a million per enchant attempt so I decided just to build a new helm and I got the socket I wanted.
Fair enough trade. I think I'll trade the armor for dexterity or a percentage increase on exploding palm or tempest rush. Health/regen stuff is dumb at this point because I can pretty much stand in death forever without a scratch AND have a hold break/invulnerability/free movement/heal skill if I get trapped AND have a get out of death free every 60 seconds passive.

I also have Lion's Claws and Shenlong's Fist of Legend and Sunwuko's Paws so... yay for presently-useless first parts of sets? Oh, and I'm wearing Blackthorne's Surcoat.

Heads up, magic find only applies 10% of its listed value for Legendary items, so that gem isn't doing as much for you as it claims. (they should really mention that in the tooltip)

Probably better off with a diamond or ruby.

Even if people did bother checking the game guide, it's pretty out of date. I don't think that detail is documented anywhere other than the release notes for loot 2.0.

Topaz and emerald in helmet are pure trash, don't bother, they should change them tbh

Death's breath drop increase and crafting mat drop increase ?

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Oh, okay. Another fine example of them not properly explaining anything.

Does paragon level increase your reward chances and that's why ruby is better?

Anyway I just got a passive that makes picking up gold grant xp, so that's nice.

Dice

more importantly, crafting set legendaries is a waste of resources when you can get better legs or even yellows by doing anything else.
The legendaries I have crafted have made me 5x better than I was, so I'm only now comfy just doing runs to farm good stuff. I'm sure if you play with others it's different, but I don't because the only people I know on who are awake are a bazillion lightyears ahead because they play 24/7 and that's not fun.

Firemind

I play solo.

I actually did it too when RoS came out because the sets weren't as good as they are right now, but now there's no real reason to get them when Kadala, rifts, greater rifts and the cube hand out legs like candy.

I play solo.

I actually did it too when RoS came out because the sets weren't as good as they are right now, but now there's no real reason to get them when Kadala, rifts, greater rifts and the cube hand out legs like candy.

I'd agree, though it's still a lot faster to spam crafts to get an ancient weapon than to get one from the other ways. Eventually, you'd want to cube upgrade a rare into an ancient of the specific type you want, but with the high DB cost it's not like you can really afford to spam it until you get an ancient early on, while you can definitely spam crafts since all it takes is like 2bounty runs on T1 to get 12mats to craft them. Aughild isn't too bad if you have a RoRG too until you complete your sets. Oh and obviously, Reapers's Wrap are still BiS for certain builds, or at least best until you reach X to solve any ressource issues. And I think some Barb or Monk build uses Born.

Been progressing GRs a bit now that I got a new weapon, got to 55 without much effort and 5+ minutes left on the timer(without fishing, I actually did 53 in 6mins cause it had crazy density and crappy mobs so fairly sure I could do much better). Pretty sure I can push to 60 if I fix a few things with my gear. Not sure if it's worth using Unity over Convention of Elements in the cube though. While obviously Unity makes me a lot tankier, I haven't had too many issues with dying, and CoE is crazy damage if I pay attention to it and unload fire walls during fire.

Main issue now is doing the other challenges, like cubing 100 things. I have a ton of stuff left to cube in my stash but I need to farm bounties and hope the achievement isn't bugged too hard so I can actually finish. And I need to do stupid conquests, not looking forward to these, other than the kill every boss in 30mins, that sounds kinda fun.

Baliis

well, the first one you tried to enchant has terrible rolls.

more importantly, crafting set legendaries is a waste of resources when you can get better legs or even yellows by doing anything else.

They aren't all that terrible for if you don't have a class set yet, CDR on borns and crimson, elite damage on aughilds are both decent perks if you have nothing else, and they aren't too costly to make really if you have the mats to spare.

Should def look up some stat priorities though so you know what you're looking for in a roll though. That second helm isn't too bad, but that first one is garbage, total waste of time to try rolling.

Dice

I play solo.

On the right is the kind of candy it has been dropping.
l5aVXWS.jpg
On the left is the kind of thing I have been getting from Kadala. A bunch of things little better than rares unless you have the set. I'd rather have synergy until I have a whole set of nice things. That synergy was made possible by crafting and enchanting. It let me jump from Expert to Torment without a sweat.

Edit: A keywarden dropped an infernal machine of evil. Only took 8 tries... on a 25% drop rate, apparently.

Sober

Still missing recipes, does the recipe flood stop at 70 or something? I'm missing stuff like Aughalid's for 70 and stuff. Not that I need them anymore, but just odd that bounty boxes don't drop recipes at all now but I'm not done with the list yet.

This game. I can do T5-T6 pretty easily now, but can't find a fucking RRoG or decent set pieces to save my life right now. I've found two furnaces though. Two. I've only found one in my entire playtime up to this season. lol

I have a four day weekend coming up with a floating holiday. My wife works friday too so I should be able to get some good leveling in outside of my normal evenings.

Firemind

Goldskin is actually insane if you have Goldwrap, Boon of the Hoarder and some pickup radius.

Oh and obviously, Reapers's Wrap are still BiS for certain builds, or at least best until you reach X to solve any ressource issues. And I think some Barb or Monk build uses Born.
Oh yeah, I forgot about this. Thanks for reminding me to get the recipe. :lol

Dice

5 gloves and 4 1H weapons but no legendaries from Kadala. :( Come on, bae. Hook me up.

I wonder if you started the game in a really high torment level but only used it for Kadala if it'd give you better chances...

5 gloves and 4 1H weapons but no legendaries from Kadala. :( Come on, bae. Hook me up.

I wonder if you started the game in a really high torment level but only used it for Kadala if it'd give you better chances...

It doesn't.

---

You know what's been among the best changes this patch? That the (now all legendary) crafting recipes don't drop normally but exclusively from bounty caches and the Odious Collector goblins. Also Blackthorns appears to be as common as every other set item now, so you don't get it much more frequently. That means WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY less super frustrating false legendary drops.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
I just saw this thing that says life steal doesn't work at level 70 so that means all the heal-on-hit things in my armor doesn't even work? If that's the case why would it even exist on level 70 equipment?

Oh, that's what you mean. But she got me my sweet ass spear!

Life steal is different than life on hit.

Life steal was removed from the game because it was too over powered, but it's still there if your old 60 pieces had it, they just won't work at 70. Imagine even having 1% life steal when you're criting for 2 billion damage? That's more health than you could ever have.

There were level 60 mighty belts for barbs that came with about 2% life steal and that shit was basically required because it was so broken. The reason skorn was the best 2 hander in the game at 60 was because it could roll an additional 200% crit damage AND life steal.

Yeah LS weapons were the only way to combat the stupid reflect damage they had in the game though. Even then Exploding Palm would still one shot me occasionally.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Oh man, I just read that the experience bonus from the Gem of Ease is shared groupwide now too. Along with the implications for support characters, that's going to make power leveling ridiculously quick.

JoeMartin

Double DB Drops / Elites Killed

8 / 12
8 / 9
6 / 11
7 / 10
9 / 12

In my last 5 solo TX rifts. I'm gonna disagree with diablowiki's numbers.

Made the barb leaderboard. GR 51. Gonna try and push for 52, but I think I have to get a bit lucky to make it. Pretty much perfect build now except for a good hellfire amulet.

Jrmint

I gotta ask, are others having horrible semi-unplayable lag the past few nights? This game, more than most others, really suffers with bad lag. Sometimes it's been a half second for an ability to trigger after I hit the button.

I gotta ask, are others having horrible semi-unplayable lag the past few nights? This game, more than most others, really suffers with bad lag. Sometimes it's been a half second for an ability to trigger after I hit the button.

I've gotten bad lag at some point every day this season. Seems to be stabilizing though after the initial weekend rush.

And I did hit grift 52 after a few unsuccessful attempts. At ~900.

Since I ran out of DBs again, decided to go back to the drawing board with the WD farming set and I think I got a much better setup now.

Gave up entirely on Zuni and instead just focused on getting good carnevil stuff. I went Mask of Jeram+Carnevil in cube, SMK in the cube to make sure I can summon fetishes/voodoo every fight, Krelm belt to run fast, F+R to do good damage, Chest+Legs Helltooth for additional dot and damage increase, Nemesis Bracers to spawn more bosses, Dagger of Darts so I can just click wherever on the screen and everything dies and Thing of the Deep+Profane Pauldrons for stupid large pick up radius, good for tankiness(swampland attunement).

I run with both Soul Harvest Soul to Waste(25%speed and 15%int) and Fierce Loyalty(15%movespeed, 30% if out of combat) and I just skip all trash and focus on elites and champions, using Gizzard to generate a shield+high regen so I don't need healing. I use Acid Rain as the last spell to proc Helltooth and F+R, it has a nice aoe, is cheap and has no cooldown.

With the changes, I can actually run T8 at a pretty good pace, which makes the farming really efficient.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
I finally get to play again tonight! Haven't been able to put in time since Friday night. Real-life gets in the way.

Xeteh

~40 fists crafted and still no fist of az'turrasq. Game doesn't even have the decency to give me an ancient Lion's Claw for my troubles. I'm PL296 and I honestly thought that fist would be one of the easier pieces to get. Its the last thing I need before I worry about just upgrading the pieces I have.

Lanrutcon

~40 fists crafted and still no fist of az'turrasq. Game doesn't even have the decency to give me an ancient Lion's Claw for my troubles. I'm PL296 and I honestly thought that fist would be one of the easier pieces to get. Its the last thing I need before I worry about just upgrading the pieces I have.

Thought I had it bad. Took me around 21 crafts to get my Az. Had found 4 Lions by then.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
couple days in im at t6, maybe t7 level on my barb. my damage is very low, funnily enough -- only about 500k sheet damage

i keep getting pieces that supplement a particular spec, it revolves mostly around the seismic slam bracer legendary power, and the immortal kings 2 set and the shoulders that have the fury-generating rune for call of the ancients. I have infinite fury and can't spam it fast enough. and then last night i got the 2hander mighty weapon that increases seismic slam damage and decreases its cost

its a very immobile spec and kind of boring actually lol

i'll take it for now until i get enough gear to do something else.

I feel like the reforge legendary recipe is way overcosted. 50 souls is a fuckload.

I'm kinda indifferent on it. If you're very unlucky to get your weapon of choice and you finally get one absolutely terribly rolled, it may be worth to reforge once.

Other than that it'll rather be used as "upgrade to ancient" which, with a 10% chance would cost 500 souls and 50 mats on average. That IS ridiculously expensive - however, upgrading to ancient is also pretty much the final step of itemization. And with how quickly people can farm these days, full ancient would be, I'd argue, too easily doable if it cost say just 25 souls.

JoeMartin

I feel like the reforge legendary recipe is way overcosted. 50 souls is a fuckload.

Yes and no. It's basically "pay 50 souls for a 10% chance to make this item ancient." Which is phenomenal chances given that it doesn't consume the item. May seem like a lot when you trying to reroll everything right now, but I had thousands of souls at the end of last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom