• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeMartin

Yeah skullgrasp is useless. WW itself does almost no damage, all of it comes from dust devils (whose damage is not affected by skull grasp).

Addnan

If I use a gift on a weapon and then re-roll it in the cube do I keep the socket?

Probably not, but why would you gift a weapon you don't intend to keep for a while if you have a shortage of weapons. Just find another of the same weapon and reroll that if it isn't good.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
So you know how my build was constantly shooting lighting at every enemy on the screen all the time multiple times a second? Well, I found a very special ring...

w9QmzvG.jpg

CAJdLBm.gif

Been tearing through T6 like a boss. I have to play kind of differently, in a more... rhythmic way... with my tempest rush. Especially as I got another ring that lowers my cooldowns by 1 second whenever I hit with a spender. I think Focus/Restraint is the only thing that will be able to pull me away from these.

At the end of a normal rift just now the rift guardian came out as I was fighting 4 gold mobs at once. That was pretty intense.

Maybe it has to do with me not having any decent gear yet but so far I'm kinda regretting going Monk this season.

I want my DH back :(. Not gonna give up on my Monk until I can get like gr40 though.

The gameplay is also much less exhausting compared to other builds we were used to
3 hit generator > SSS > dash > mantra, repeat

I remember playing that build where you had to spam all your consumers to get rid of your spirit to do damage... geez

ZenaxPure

Plus you want to use Lamentation in the cube if you are using Wastes and care at all about Rend damage. But it looks like some builds are even leaving Rend off the bar and instead going full on Whirlwind, with Skull Grasp and everything. That sounds like you could possibly use Fury of the Ancients in the cube armor slot, at that point.

Pretty much no one running 6 wastes uses Rend because the damage of Rend is pretty bad without the damage modifiers of F/R AND IK6 which obviously you can't use alongside 6 piece wastes. Without F/R and IK6 Rend is a negligible 1320% weapon damage per second which is poop when you consider you are shooting out multiple tornadoes per second (based on attack speed) that hit for 2500% weapon damage. Also anytime you stop using WW to cast Rend you take 40% more damage which can lead to instant death sometimes on higher difficulties.

And yeah like mentioned before Skull Grasp is terrible. It doesn't effect dust devils which is where all your damage comes from, but, it's also just additive damage. So it turns WW into at most a 800% weapon damage attack (if you use the fire rune) which is pretty much shit-tier in the current game.

Dice

So I was just taking my sweet time on a greater rift killing absolutely everything and then this timer comes up with definitely not enough time to finish out. I didn't know there was a hard clock on it. I just thought you had to beat the guardian within a certain time after it activated.

I was also fighting a gold mob and he put up walls to trap me but I just happened to be leaving so he actually trapped himself in a box up next to the wall lmao.

Dahbomb

I've never been a fan of monks, but apparently this patch lets them roflstomp with the new set.
Barbs still have higher DPS overall but Monks trash clearing power in this patch is ridiculous. Not only is it potent but it's also really easy and relaxing to play as well.

It's like old school Diablo 3 playstyle. You hit a few times with your generator then you used you big spender once to deal damage (as usually you didn't really have enough resources to spam your spender). Simple game play, no spender spamming and the SSS defensive attributes makes it easy to play in a lag intensive environment. Of course there are plenty of nuances to the set and playstyle but compared to previous Monk playstyles it's definitely less demanding and hella fun.

Firemind

It's more to do with the aesthetics than anything. Just think it looks silly it doesn't use its weapons for most of his or her skills. Should have been proficient with spears or something to go with the martial arts. Also that east-european accent yuck.

The dodge mechanic of old was also completely useless but that's been thankfully rectified.

Nokterian

It's also nice on your follower with a thunderfury

Having Kormac equipped with thunderfury,stone of johan and his follower can't die relic it works so damn well.

The gameplay is also much less exhausting compared to other builds we were used to
3 hit generator > SSS > dash > mantra, repeat

I remember playing that build where you had to spam all your consumers to get rid of your spirit to do damage... geez

Sunwuko build yeah before it was changed i had numlock + a number to get constant sweeping wind so glad that is over now. I am having tons and tons of fun with SSS + Exploding Palm.

Nymerio

Having Kormac equipped with thunderfury,stone of johan and his follower can't die relic it works so damn well.

Sunwuko build yeah before it was changed i had numlock + a number to get constant sweeping wind so glad that is over now. I am having tons and tons of fun with SSS + Exploding Palm.

Yeah, johan is godlike though it sometimes happens that he pulls mobs away from me. Even better than Thunderfury and is the dagger that freezes enemies below 20% when attacking them. You can keep rift guardians almost perma stunned when they get below the threshold.

I've never been a fan of monks, but apparently this patch lets them roflstomp with the new set.

Man, this is my fifth of sixth monk. It's my favourite class, can't fathom why anyone couldn't like it :)

Ingeniero

Hi all.
So I'm back to the game. Just started my seasonal barb, It looks a lot of fun.

Any chance I can be added to clan again?

I'm in Americas US server.

GR 60 solo done after finally rolling an acceptable hellfire and changing my build a bit. With a god hellfire I could probably do a little higher. 61 might be doable now, but getting 60 itself took a few different rifts. Arcane Enchanted and Frozen Pulse are literally the only dangerous things. That and mallet lords. Dear god fuck mallet lords.

Nymerio

Pretty happy with my gear after a week of playing. Got to try getting a better hellfire without the crit chance and hopefully a good passive. I already have 7 of each machine stashed away so I'll get on this in the next couple days.

Profile: Splatbang

Nokterian

Yeah, johan is godlike though it sometimes happens that he pulls mobs away from me. Even better than Thunderfury and is the dagger that freezes enemies below 20% when attacking them. You can keep rift guardians almost perma stunned when they get below the threshold.

Man, this is my fifth of sixth monk. It's my favourite class, can't fathom why anyone couldn't like it :)

Also my dunno fifth monk i like the class...i am going to do WD also but first i need to make my monk ultimate.

Nymerio

I use Nem Bracers all the time in regular Rifts. I have it in my inventory and just equip it when near a Shrine.

I wish it weren't so clunky. Stopping to switch bracers, activate the shrine and switching back sucks. They should just make it something that you can unlock or make it something like a charm in your inventory like they had in D2.

Also my dunno fifth monk i like the class...i am going to do WD also but first i need to make my monk ultimate.

Yeah, so far nothing could beat the monk gameplay. Not sure what else I'll try this season though. Demon Hunter maybe.

I wish it weren't so clunky. Stopping to switch bracers, activate the shrine and switching back sucks. They should just make it something that you can unlock or make it something like a charm in your inventory like they had in D2.

Yeah, so far nothing could beat the monk gameplay. Not sure what else I'll try this season though. Demon Hunter maybe.

You can cube them but it's really not worth it since most builds need something actually useful there.

Dice

Doing amazing speed run of greater rift.

Reach final pack before rift guardian.

Can you guess what happens?

Yeah...
Oh, but if I'm seeing that, it means it actually unfroze instead of disconnecting me, right?

Well yeah, but then when the rift guardian was at 30% it froze again, and it didn't even have the courtesy of giving me a disconnection error this time, it just eventually jumped to the opening screen of the game.

GET YOUR SHIT FIXED BLIZZARD

JoeMartin

I mean, except that they're no. 1 on the ladder right now, sure.

I care when they join my group because my ping instantly goes to 1k.

Did the Torment X Boss Rush conquest tonight with a few other guys in clan. Was gud.

Now if my stupid cube achievement wasn't buggy, I'd be on the 6th? part of the journey. The cube is the most annoying thing cause you gotta save useless shit you wouldn't normally use just for the purpose of collecting.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
I got a Focus (already had Restraint) and a Furnace in the same rift right before going to bed yesterday, which was great !...

... Only, Archon doesn't work with F+R. Not even the primary attack buff procs :/. Oh well, I'll keep the set for other builds I guess. Still happy about the Furnace.

Dahbomb

Did the Torment X Boss Rush conquest tonight with a few other guys in clan. Was gud.

Now if my stupid cube achievement wasn't buggy, I'd be on the 6th? part of the journey. The cube is the most annoying thing cause you gotta save useless shit you wouldn't normally use just for the purpose of collecting.
I got mine to work today for some reason. Just keep cubing stuff and it seems to eventually unlock. At least mine didn't ask for more than 100 for the 100 one.

Radec

When a friend is inside a GR and I entered his game, does the monsters gets stronger when I entered his game but not inside the GR(not even possible since I won't be able to go inside his GR anyway) ? or it stays the same as a 1-player GR?

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
hey guys, I send a request to the european NeoGaf Clan.

Just started playing again, my first season ever and just hit 59.

Dahbomb

Man if we had done that boss conquest yesterday we would've gotten into the top 1000 for it.

Oh well.

And LMAO fucking Alkaizer did that shit alone and was the first one to do it too.

Yeah Witch Doctor is a top 3 class. Right now Monks and Barbs are kings of the season with WD being 3rd.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
That feeling of killing a goblin and seeing the portal to vault open. =D

Guess I'll be leveling up Boon of the Hoarder a bit. =p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom