• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

Matriox

So is it just me, or are bows extremely hard to come by on this? I hate the look of crossbows on my DH and want to stick with regular bows, but it's like crossbow-city.

Yep. Tons of crossbows/hand crossbows. I have to craft legendary bows if I want to use them, and theyre never as good as what I've got with my hand crossbow :S

anddo0

Tied to the level you received them. However, if you got them on a level 60 demon hunter then opened one with a 40 witch doctor, you would get level 60 witch doctor gear (if that makes sense).

EDIT: For clarity, from the Diablo Wiki:

EDIT EDIT: This explanation wasn't super helpful because it doesnt specify level of the character rather level of difficult received, but from a Q&A that Blizzard had about the subject:

Pretty sure they scale to the level of the character opening them.

EDIT. Well it appears I am wrong. My mistake.

Thanks for the help. I'll read the link in a sec.

I'd been hording them in hopes that it worked like Borderlands.

hydruxo

I read a little bit about Key Wardens, seems like a lot of work. Are they worth it?

I don't know if they're worth it but I've heard that the 4th key is glitched on PS4 (and maybe XB1) so I don't think it's even possible to get all the keys right now

Audioboxer

Guys I've just finished ROS on expert. Finished at level 67.

Never done adventure mode. Should I just start it on expert till I hit 70 and then think about master?

Mirroball + Magic Missile + Fireskill is godlike. Doing 6 million per hit, shooting 3 missiles out at once. So roughly 18 million damage every second or so.

Combo that with Dynamo + Meteor for 80 million crits and I'm tearing through T6.

If I could only work on the survivability aspect though... at 12 million defense and it still doesn't feel like it's enough.

Sets are your friend. Auglids and Blackthorne help, as does one the Amulets to make you immune. Also, make sure your have on Prismatic Armor.

I have more Toughness than that, though, so you might need a bit more mitigation.

And to the poster above, all classes are different. If you aren't feeling it, try another.
And Wiz definitely does not need Archon to stay viable.

Korosenai

Finally got a Sun Keeper and boom, no socket. I tried to roll one into it and 5 mil gold later still no luck. Game really hates me lately, not a single Stone of Jordan but hey, at least I have 10 Tall Man's Fingers lol
Someone just gave me one of those about an hour ago... You giving them away on the Xbox One? Lol

quest

Not Banned from OT
anybody playing local co-op having issues with loot?

My wife and I are playing local co-op through the story, currently in Act III. I am listed as the "main" player with the little crown and she is in my game. We are finding that more often than not, when a treasure goblin spawns and we kill it, I am receiving 100% of the loot. We are also finding the same thing with many chests. I will either receive 100% of the loot or the vast majority. It's much more uncommon for the loot to be spread evenly. Legendary drops so far have been pretty even, and she has actually received more mailed gifts than I have. But in game loot.... at least the last couple of days it seems to be heavily weighted in my favor.

Anybody else having this issue?

It is just RNG being RNG to be honest. It is just extremely streaky even in D3 vanilla it was streaky. I might go 2-3 hours no legendary's then in 10 minutes get 3. It is like grouping with Dog$. One dungeon he gets a ton of loot a few later I get a ton and he gets not much.

OsirisBlack

Banned
Nothing else on PS4 is quite as fun as having your buds over for a few beers and taking your Torment IV geared Crusader and tossing their asses in Master only to watch them run around trying not to die while you stand there laughing.

They made me make a new character but it was worth it.

"Oh no you get a stat boost because of my level you'll be fine."

Bwahahahaha

Matriox

Guys I've just finished ROS on expert. Finished at level 67.

Never done adventure mode. Should I just start it on expert till I hit 70 and then think about master?

Whatever you can handle, higher difficulties mean more XP but if you can't kill them very fast or effeciently then move back to expert IMO

Audioboxer

Whatever you can handle, higher difficulties mean more XP but if you can't kill them very fast or effeciently then move back to expert IMO

Higher chance for legendaries on Master? Think I'll go for it and try my best with the bounties in act 1. Not sure what rifts are yet, should find out soon as I need a rift key first :)

Matriox

Higher chance for legendaries on Master? Think I'll go for it and try my best with the bounties in act 1. Not sure what rifts are yet, should find out soon as I need a rift key first :)

Yeah in general you will have a higher chance for legendaries on Master while exploring and killing mobs, however, the Horadric Cache's loot will have the same chance for legendaries until Torment 2, then it increases from there.

quest

Not Banned from OT

Save you keys till you can do torment. Use adventure mode to get some paragon levels, money and to pick up yellows to either salvage for materials or enchant to improve character. The legendary drop rate is lower on adventure mode but that does not mean good ones can't drop. I got 2 of my 5 set pieces doing bounties.

Late Flag

You guys all know this already, but holy shit are rifts hard compared to bounties. I've been running bounties at T1 with my mid-60s (now 70) WD, and while some of the bosses and elites have been slow-going, I haven't had any serious problems. Then I tried running my first solo T1 rift and got my ass handed to me over and over again. I even struggled in spots when I turned the difficulty down to master.

Later I joined a random master rift and the four of us sailed through it without issue.

Clearly I need to work on my gear and spend more time in co-op.

Audioboxer

Yeah in general you will have a higher chance for legendaries on Master while exploring and killing mobs, however, the Horadric Cache's loot will have the same chance for legendaries until Torment 2, then it increases from there.

Save you keys till you can do torment. Use adventure mode to get some paragon levels, money and to pick up yellows to either salvage for materials or enchant to improve character. The legendary drop rate is lower on adventure mode but that does not mean good ones can't drop. I got 2 of my 5 set pieces doing bounties.

Thanks for the advice.

When you say lower in adventure mode you mean versus campaign mode? Wonder why they made that choice?

quest

Not Banned from OT
Thanks for the advice.

When you say lower in adventure mode you mean versus campaign mode? Wonder why they made that choice?

Rifts they have higher drop rate than adventure mode bounties. Once you can do torment and get a chance at the torment only class sets is it worth doing rifts IMO. Money, levels and Materials will come quick in adventure mode where you can upgrade your gear and move up to torment.

Where should I reasonably be at the start of act V as a crusader? I'm level 56 with 18k damage.

It seems ok, it is not really the Act but the level. If you're not needing to use potions to stay alive and rarely have to retreat, it seems you're more than appropriately equipped for the entire level, end-boss as well. But as you get up to the mid to late 60s there can be some step-changes that require equipment adjustments.

Rizzi

10636411_10152699817186797_7436088065611394589_o.jpg
:|

Bread

Banned
It seems ok, it is not really the Act but the level. If you're not needing to use potions to stay alive and rarely have to retreat, it seems you're more than appropriately equipped for the entire level, end-boss as well. But as you get up to the mid to late 60s there can be some step-changes that require equipment adjustments.
Alright cool thanks. I jumped from 8k to 18k with a legendary 2 handed sword near the end of act 4 and have been near invincible since then.

Audioboxer

Rifts they have higher drop rate than adventure mode bounties. Once you can do torment and get a chance at the torment only class sets is it worth doing rifts IMO. Money, levels and Materials will come quick in adventure mode where you can upgrade your gear and move up to torment.

Thanks!

And by the way I made a mistake saying rift keys, its shards I'm getting just now.

quest

Not Banned from OT
It was so close to being perfect. ;_;

Just par for the course to be honest. Every piece of gear I have used has been enchanted. Either to replace a junk stat or to improve a low roll stat. Don't get hung up on getting perfect rolls on gear. It will just drive you crazy and never get upgrades. Just get used to using the re-roll system. I just use a system in my head if an item has 2 junk stats I won't waste souls to re-roll. The exception was some yellows early on like a ring had good crit chance and primary. I would re-roll one of the junk stats to crit damage to speed up moving up to torment. Also look into aughilds crafted gear they have good set bonus and can roll well. Reaper wraps are also great if you are resource starved.

Admodieus

Got my fifth piece of Marauder's today, which means with RoRG I have my full set bonus. Instantly propelled me from Torment III to Torment V, but I find it kinda boring to play now.

KJRage

I finally got my wizard to 70 but I really can't seem to find any decent builds for those who don't have a lot of the set/rare items. Anyone able to give me a general build or 2? appreciate any help.

I finally got my wizard to 70 but I really can't seem to find any decent builds for those who don't have a lot of the set/rare items. Anyone able to give me a general build or 2? appreciate any help.

I ran into a similar issue. I got my DPS up into the 600k range, but it seems harder to get stat increases at this point. I think next time I pick up the game, I'm going to start a new game as a Crusader.

-PXG-

kSeBEX9.jpg

Yesterday's shenanigans... Single digit frame rate. Shit was hilarious.

3ogHSa9.jpg

And earlier tonight... Like what the fuck Blizzard? We walked in here AFTER we killed the guardian. This place was massive.

Matriox

kSeBEX9.jpg

Yesterday's shenanigans... Single digit frame rate. Shit was hilarious.

3ogHSa9.jpg

And earlier tonight... Like what the fuck Blizzard? We walked in here AFTER we killed the guardian. This place was massive.

Lol, that massive map is pretty sick, both times I've gotten it I've found 3-4 legendaries in it. I keep getting your invites but I've been at work all weekend :mad:

Question-

Do the character saves automatically go to the cloud on Xbox One? My friend and I are playing local co-op on his XB1 at this house, but want to move to my house and XB1.. can we resume our respective profiles?

Your level doesn't matter. Enemies level with you.

That's sucks and it explains why I'm dealing with the same easy bland difficulty on Expert.

Seriously did not know that thanks.

I just want the whole fucking demon horde to come at my Witch Doctor and kick his ass so I can finally take this game seriously.

Can't wait to finish this run threw and move on the next step in this game.

Lima

Question-

Do the character saves automatically go to the cloud on Xbox One? My friend and I are playing local co-op on his XB1 at this house, but want to move to my house and XB1.. can we resume our respective profiles?

Yes. They are synced every couple minutes.

Lol, that massive map is pretty sick, both times I've gotten it I've found 3-4 legendaries in it. I keep getting your invites but I've been at work all weekend :mad:

That map is great.

Ok, I'm running for about an hour, then dinner, then running a long, long time.
I'll set it to friends, just hop in, will probably do around T2-T4 so everyone can contribute.

Also, we should probably start a chat room for the PS4.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Is there a trick to getting a witch doctor's pets to attack? Mine will just stand there most of the time. Or they will attack once then stop for the rest of the encounter. Really annoying since they are most of my DPS.

zou

love elem dmg boosts. 850k sheet dps, 1.2MM with elem bonus, for a cool 1.5MM dmg with multi shot and almost 2MM against elites.

so yeah, sheet dps is beyond useless.

edit: the dmg inflation is hilarious. my monk on pc had around 22k when I hit Inferno Act 1.

Matriox

How did some of ya'll get to torment 3 and higher already, is it skill or getting good drops?

I guess both? Luck with drops helps for sure, but you need to have a build that makes sense and can put up the Dps you need. The rest is either survivability or high enough defence that you can withstand it. I'd say gear has more of a say though personally.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Is there a trick to getting a witch doctor's pets to attack? Mine will just stand there most of the time. Or they will attack once then stop for the rest of the encounter. Really annoying since they are most of my DPS.

Nevermind, it's a known issue and apparently fixed in 2.1. Well that's annoying.

any idea why my character randomly ignores my controller input and just goes off and does whatever he wants randomly for a few seconds?

happened all morning while playing with my wife. drove me insane. at first i just assumed that i had confused her character for mine, but it happened over and over and i would pay careful attention to my guy.

quest

Not Banned from OT
any idea why my character randomly ignores my controller input and just goes off and does whatever he wants randomly for a few seconds?

happened all morning while playing with my wife. drove me insane. at first i just assumed that i had confused her character for mine, but it happened over and over and i would pay careful attention to my guy.

Happens to me to I assumed it was my dual shock sucking. My R1 is already so sticky it is hard to play with. Figured rest of the controller was acting up.

Top Bottom