• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

LOLCats

Banned
jeeeeesus how did you farm so many? On lower difficulty?

edit: ahh you just answered

Yes, its so fast, only way to go if you want the ring. Also its super fun opening so many at one time. I got prolly 6 legs today from caches, not to mention a half dozen randoms from mobs

the chris

I'm at level 11 and am at act 1, is the reason why I'm not getting anyone joining my games is because I'm not at that high a level, or could it be that I'm playing it on normal difficulty, or some other reason?

Drame

Decided to play with my DH yesterday. After a couple hours of playing I was in T3'ish gear. RNGods be praised. Hadn't seen that many set drops with my barb or crusader in such short period of time.

Funny thing that got barb set gloves and WD leg neck while playing with my DH, but I don't really mind as I can send those to my other toons. All in all Chakrams and Sentry's get the job done. Not to forget the ridiculous wolf companion. Evasive Fire's also good. Some defensive moves with pretty nifty aoe dmg? Sign me up.

I'm at level 11 and am at act 1, is the reason why I'm not getting anyone joining my games is because I'm not at that high a level, or could it be that I'm playing it on normal difficulty, or some other reason?

Possibly. Some people might have started on Hard, since Normal is really easy. Also. check your in game network settings (R3 button on PS4). Maybe your games are not set as "Open to Public." But beware, there are a lot of people using hacked items, and they may join your game. I dunno if that's something you wouldn't want happening.

Vire

Grimløck;128245265 said:
it really annoys me when i get legendaries and set pieces for classes i'm not even using.

I've stashed three Marauder pieces in my chest, maybe someday I'll get around to playing Demon Hunter...

nowai

Looking to trade Immortal King helm, belt and Raekor helm for Might helm/gloves, Raekor chest/boots or Bul-Kathos' Solemn Vow.

PS4 - sunvsthemoon

Also up for split bounties and/or rifts.

HORRORSHØW

You can always send the wizard stuff my way ; )

just got a "tiklandian visage" for wd. seems kinda crap but you can have it if you want.

and got this sweet daibo for my monk. too bad it's cold damage and low dex.

Bwlhyz5CAAArBp2.jpg:large

AshamanX

Neo Member
Looking for Gloves Tasker and Theo, preferably with Intellect. I've spent 1000+ Bloodshards and no luck.

I have various items in bank, might be able to fulfill different requests.

PS4 - AshamanX

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Finally found a load out that works for my Demon Hunter. Even though I had 400k DPS I couldn't solo Torment 1 and was getting really frustrated. Tweaked my skills and now it's like night and day. Now all I need is a Dex-based RoRG and some more pieces for my Marauder set and I'll be on my way. If anyone has either they'd like to sell or trade, let me know. :)

Psn: OldKingKratos

Goon

How fun is this game on console? Seems like it would kinda play like gauntlet but without an awesome announcer.

I still blame those that cheat. If they were not cheating, it would not be a problem. No one forced them to, and they should be punished for doing it.

If blizzard did not allow any transfering of saves there would have been an impact on sales. I don't know how much of an impact, but it would have been there.

Yes ultimately it's cheaters fault but when you live in neighbourhood where many thefts happen you don't leave open windows.

Ideally 4 people get together and everyone does a different bounty. You still get the rewards and the cache at the end. It's the fastest way to get the achievement/trophy for 500 bounties too.

But what happens if legendary/set items drop for one player at the bounty done by another player, they go to waste, don't they?

Sephon

Beware of system updates.
I started playing yesterday while my system was downloading the latest system update, but after downloading it appearently started to prepare the install too.
Which made Diablo 3 stutter like hell, freezing up to a few seconds and then speeding up the game to catch up, which was extremely terrifying since I was playing hardcore.

So don't fear the reaper, fear the updates.

Ran for an hour and a half with two mages and a demon hunter who melted anything they looked at in tormet one. I'm assuming they where just farming keys as they never opened a rift, just bounty to bounty.

I felt more and more awful as time went on. It feels impossible to get to that DPS level.
It is so frustrating.

Orca

Got the final key off Xah'Rith (I think) and made my first Infernal Machine of War.

Trying it out is a job for tomorrow though. Too tired to keep playing tonight.

got my witch doctor to paragon lv. 81 yesterday.
found a grin reaper mask and i have to say it's a ton of fun to use that thing.
those mimics are just awesome and you never know what's gonna happen next.
doing almost 700k dmg now and torment 3 is no problem anymore, exept a few encounters.

So a few questions

Farming caches for the first time. If I collect a bunch of them, can I invite other players to my game and everyone would get their own loot when I open them? And second, should I up the difficulty level when I open them? Or does it not matter?

Beware of system updates.
I started playing yesterday while my system was downloading the latest system update, but after downloading it appearently started to prepare the install too.
Which made Diablo 3 stutter like hell, freezing up to a few seconds and then speeding up the game to catch up, which was extremely terrifying since I was playing hardcore.

So don't fear the reaper, fear the updates.

Heh, same thing happend to me and at first I thought multiple Nemesis might show up together cause the audio was going berserk :p

OmegaDL50

Worst T2 rifting group just now. I opened the gate for them, only one guy jumped into the gate with me. The other two went idle in town, and as we finished off the guardian and began map cleanup, one of the idlers closed the portal on us.

Was this a room with Gaffers or a random room?

Well on PC they patched my favorite WD exploit using the zombie dog passive and switching out of it once I have dogs. Now they disappear on PC when I switch out the passive.

I hope they doesn't get patched on console. I like my free dogs.

Oh really? That was my trick too. I do have a homunculus now but I've been using the mojo that makes spirit walk last forever when you're more than 30yds from any enemies.

The Sentinel

Neo Member
Some gaffer gifted me about 500 MILLION and a legendary item, unfortunately I didn't notice his name because I was pressing (X) constantly to get through a long list of gifts from friends.

I just want to say THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOOO MUCH!!

I don't even think "thank you" is enough for his generous but I hope he get my massage. :"D

edit: if anyone want some money just PM me your ID and I'll be happy to give you some. :D

darkwing

OK, Quickmatch in this game is officially ruined by now. Every room I enter is full of duped or hacked items, ridiculous amounts of damage and people messing with the difficulty.

I thought this wouldn't happen on a next gen system.

some guy I saw was running with rings with 3 slots each lol

David___

Banned
Between Wizard and Witch Doctor, which one is best suited for hardcore? Planning on running through hc for the remaining trophies I need during the weekend.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Any suggestions on the break 50 items trophy? I saw a video but it was in german and he was in act 2 somewhere, but I couldnt figure it out.

Here's a sure fire way: In Caldeum, the fountain room that's first in the area on the way to Belial (where you enter the sewers the first time). There are exactly 50 objects littered around the edges and around the middle fountain. If you destroy them methodically you'll get the trophy.

Got my monk to 63 last night so not long to go. A lot of fun playing monk again learning what I did about the class on PC version. Also paragon lvls and gems really help. Played master solidly apart from a bounty to kill malthael and dropped it to expert because I died on master lol.

Also RRoG dropped. When he was lvl 59 lol. Oh well it might still have a use.

derwalde

Between Wizard and Witch Doctor, which one is best suited for hardcore? Planning on running through hc for the remaining trophies I need during the weekend.

my guess (ive not played HC but i have a SC 70 wiz and wd) would be WD because of his pets. i would choose the crusader, with a good shield he is extremely beefy and hard to kill.

Atkison04

So, I finished story mode last night with my level 67(ish) wizard. Jumped right into adventure mode and did 5 bounties on Act 1. I attempted to play on Torment 1, but I was getting chased around and dying way too much. Had to bump it down to the difficulty right below Torment 1. What's recommended stats for a character before you venture in the Torment difficulties?

ldcommando

Banned
edit: if anyone want some money just PM me your ID and I'll be happy to give you some. :D

Sent you a pm. Spread the wealth. :)

Edit: let me get all the begging out of the way in one post. I got this wizard, about to get lvl 70 and if anyone want to dump some old garbage legendaries, hit me up. Ldcommando is the psn id. Thanks a bunch.

ldcommando

Banned
So, I finished story mode last night with my level 67(ish) wizard. Jumped right into adventure mode and did 5 bounties on Act 1. I attempted to play on Torment 1, but I was getting chased around and dying way too much. Had to bump it down to the difficulty right below Torment 1. What's recommended stats for a character before you venture in the Torment difficulties?

I have about 150k unbuffed I think and I am on torment 1. Its manageable but sometimes I will get fucked by a asshole elite mob. Lvl 69 btw.

Aiii

So not worth it
All I need to do now for Platinum is get 3 more classes to 70, one of them Hardcore and kill a few more treasure goblins (should be close on that one I suppose).

PS3 Diablo 3 platinum was easier to get, but a lot more of a grind (because of the "loot 5,000,000 gold from monsters" trophy which was a lot more work at 60 than at 70).

Atkison04

I have about 150k unbuffed I think and I am on torment 1. Its manageable but sometimes I will get fucked by a asshole elite mob. Lvl 69 btw.

Thanks, I think off the top of my head that my character is in the 120k range. I rolling with the best gear that I have found so far. I guess just keep grinding for better weapons and gear and for lvl 70.

Top Bottom