• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

hydruxo

I feel like Destiny is coming out at exactly the right time. I'm still going to be playing D3 regularly but I've slowed down a bit since hitting paragon 70 or so on my crusader. Just gonna keep grinding to get full Akkhan + FotF + RoRG

Atkison04

Complete bounties. You get extra for doing all 5 in one act the talking to tyreal.

Is that a guaranteed thing? I completed all 5 in act 1 last night and talked to tyreal and I didn't notice any. Maybe I just didn't know where to look. I'll try again tonight. Thanks for the replies.

X-Frame

Grimløck;128245748 said:
just got a "tiklandian visage" for wd. seems kinda crap but you can have it if you want.

and got this sweet daibo for my monk. too bad it's cold damage and low dex.

Bwlhyz5CAAArBp2.jpg:large

What armor is that for your Monk? I may have to roll Monk next after my Crusader as well.

Aiii

So not worth it
Is that a guaranteed thing? I completed all 5 in act 1 last night and talked to tyreal and I didn't notice any. Maybe I just didn't know where to look. I'll try again tonight. Thanks for the replies.

Did you open the Horadric Cache he gave you?

hydruxo

When he gives you the horadric cache, open it and there are almost always a few rift keys in there. Also, when you do bounties you often get rift keys as well, but unlike the caches they won't drop for you to pick them up. They'll just automatically go to your inventory, so just keep checking while doing bounties to see if your keys are going up.

Ah, ok, I did not open that. I was going to wait and earn a few of those before I started opening them. Thanks a ton guys!

They will be in you inventory. Can't remember which but one of the 4 item sections (the ones under the bag symbol). Bounty's get put straight in there on completion (not all give you a key but at least half will). Can't remember if ones from cache drop or go in automatically.

iso135

Did a couple sets of Act 1 bounties trying to get an RoRG. I failed.

But, on my last few blood shards I got the fourth and final Vyr set piece.

That makes it all four Vyr pieces in about 3 to 4 hours of play. I couldn't be happier.

Llyrwenne

Unconfirmed Member
Is the double Blood Shard bonus always tied to Act I and II or is that a glitch? It's always I and II for me, and Act II is uhm... not that great. )-;

I'll be streaming bounties and Rifts on my Crusader again tonight. T3 super solo (no follower) with my Blessed Shield build testing out my new 5pc Akkhan set I finished in Yesterday's stream.

I can carry my 2 hander and swap spec to Wrath management if anyone wants to see how its done without Gyrfalcon's Foote. Very good uptime at a loss of only a tad bit of DPS.

Monk is pretty fun. The skill that stands out to me so far is Mantra of Healing, that active shield is great. I can facetank and spam the shield to absorb damage waiting for SSS. Inner Sanctuary if it's too crazy.

Surge

Back to a lvl 59 Crusader on HC again

I went with much more of a defensive build this time around which is what I should have done to begin with.

OmegaDL50

I just killed Belial on my Hardcore WD.

Just starting Act III now at level 38.

I have not yet gotten into any situation which my WD lost more then 50% of his lifebar.

Actually the Belial fight was kind of a joke. It lasted not even 20 seconds with all of the Raining Toads and my Minions dealing so much damage at once.

I expect to clear Act III later day. If things go well, I'll have finished my HC run to 70 by Friday or Saturday.

What do you guys and gals keep in your stash?

I just keep legendaries for future characters or to send to friends.

I keep all my crafting materials and Gems, that way all of my characters have access to the cache of gems and crafting mats at all times.

I generally don't save any Legendaries especially since most of the main stats on them are different. Case in point my Level 67 softcore WD would have no use of my Crusader Legendaries with Strength on them.

I think it's a waste of an enchant to re-roll a primary stat to fix this when it would be better off putting something like Critical Hit Chance or Crit Damage % to maximize DPS.

Wizard is done. Mirrorball, Serpent Sparker and Tal Rasha's 4 piece. EVentually I'll find a SoJ, but I don't exactly need it. Everything dies badly.

Also have the Firebird set for the patch. Good times.

LogicStep

I started upgrading gems and just spammed X a whole bunch, made a a red royal and a green one and then I noticed I went from like 5 million gold to 90k. lol

I started upgrading gems and just spammed X a whole bunch, made a a red royal and a green one and then I noticed I went from like 5 million gold to 90k. lol

Shit. I need to be careful when I do that. I was spamming gems yesterday and didn't bother to look at my gold.

Atkison04

Wizard is done. Mirrorball, Serpent Sparker and Tal Rasha's 4 piece. EVentually I'll find a SoJ, but I don't exactly need it. Everything dies badly.

Also have the Firebird set for the patch. Good times.

What's a mirrorball? I've read that a couple times now. I imagine an off hand item that's awesome?

funkypie

Banned
Have all end game build weapons for crusader. Will trade some for akkrat set pieces or marauder pieces.

My sheet DPS for is 750k but I do no where near the damage my crusader does who sits at around 470k.

What's a good element for haven't stacked any % yet.

Late Flag

How random are bloodshards? I did all five bounties in Act I last night and only netted ~20 shards. It seems like I used to get quite a bit more than that, but I'm still new to this and may be mis-remembering.

Kyoufu

How random are bloodshards? I did all five bounties in Act I last night and only netted ~20 shards. It seems like I used to get quite a bit more than that, but I'm still new to this and may be mis-remembering.

You get a ton more on Torment difficulty Rifts.

yamo

I did see someone mention a fast way to level up characters involving doing bounties on T6. Anyone remember which bounties those are?

Atkison04

It's off-hand.

4uapwvt.png

Thanks for that Persona. I appreciate it!

So, I'm still trying to get the hang of what makes most sense in this game. I'm running a wizard, but I think it makes more sense to have a character with spells that all do a certain type of damage? For example, I use magic missile (version that travels thru multiple targets), incinerate (the final rune for that spell-I forget atm), Hydra (giant hydra-last rune as well for that spell), Black hole (with fire damage rune), the "snow glob" spell that slows enemies and increases damage and lastly, blizzard (with rune that increases damage and is active longer)

I guess my question is wouldn't I benefit to trade out the blizzard spell with the meteor spell, since that would likely have fire damage like most of my other spells? Also, I don't currently have anything active that buffs fire damage, but that would apply to any of the above spells that use fire period, right? Seems logical to me but I'm bored at work and wanted to ask.

Lima

You are using way too many active skills that cost arcane power. Pick one main attack and a generator if you are out of power. The rest should be made up with defensive and passive abilities. If you are using too many active skills you are not all using them efficiently which means you wasted an ability slot. Also Archon is a must for a Wizard.

Thanks for that Persona. I appreciate it!

So, I'm still trying to get the hang of what makes most sense in this game. I'm running a wizard, but I think it makes more sense to have a character with spells that all do a certain type of damage? For example, I use magic missile (version that travels thru multiple targets), incinerate (the final rune for that spell-I forget atm), Hydra (giant hydra-last rune as well for that spell), Black hole (with fire damage rune), the "snow glob" spell that slows enemies and increases damage and lastly, blizzard (with rune that increases damage and is active longer)

I guess my question is wouldn't I benefit to trade out the blizzard spell with the meteor spell, since that would likely have fire damage like most of my other spells? Also, I don't currently have anything active that buffs fire damage, but that would apply to any of the above spells that use fire period, right? Seems logical to me but I'm bored at work and wanted to ask.

It's best to run as a single elemental wizard, as stacking elemental damage can result in huge damage. I run a fire build and do 80million+ damage on my Meteor crits. If you have Tal Rasha's full set, it would be better to go quad elemental to proc its full set bonus ( summon a meteor when doing elemental damage).

If you want to stick with fire but also slow enemies down, you can replace "Snow glob" (Do you mean Arcane Orb with the Frozen Orb rune?) with Slow Time. Try to get cooldown reduction on your gear and use the Evocation passive so you can spam Black Hole and Slow Time more often. Also, clones from Mirror Image will cast the same spells as you (but with only 10% damage). However, they always cast Slow Time and Black Hole if you have them equipped; it's great crowd control!

A good fire build with crowd control would be:

Magic Missile (Conflagrate)
Meteor (Molten Impact)
Black Hole (Blazar)
Mirror Image (Duplicates)
Magic Weapon (Force Weapon)
Energy Armor (Prismatic Armor if you have high resistances, otherwise Force Armor)

Passives: Glass Cannon, Evocation, Conflagration, and Illusionist (a must if you run both Mirror Image and Slow Time) or anything else you'd like.

Magic Weapon helps improve DPS and Energy Armor with Prismatic is a must for surviving higher Torment levels. If you want to focus purely on crowd control and you're playing in a party, I'd switch out Magic Weapon for Slow Time (Point of No Return).

Saganator

Could use some GAF friends who play at around this time (10AM - 2PM EST). I have new shifts which means I'm up pretty early on my days off, I also get home from work pretty early in the afternoon. Pretty much no one online on my friends list right now. Add me (PSN Trucido-) if you are playing right around now (currently 11AM EST).

Atkison04

It's best to run as a single elemental wizard, as stacking elemental damage can result in huge damage. I run a fire build and do 80million+ damage on my crits. If you have Tal Rasha's full set, it would be better to go quad elemental to proc its full set bonus ( summon a meteor when doing elemental damage).

If you want to stick with fire but also slow enemies down, you can replace blizzard with Slow Time. Try to get cooldown reduction on your gear and use the Evocation passive so you can spam Black Hole and Slow Time more often. Also, clones from Mirror Image will cast the same spells as you (but with only 10% damage). However, they always cast Slow Time and Black Hole if you have them equipped; it's great crowd control!

Great info Super-Fam! Yes, Slow Time is what I meant when I stated "snow globe" above (horrible description on my part). I guess I'm trying to transcend from the "oh, that spell looks boss" to the part that actually has everything start to work together and make sense. So, I currently have some gear that adds +15% damage on Hydra. If I had other gear that also added a fire buff, would my hydra that does fire damage do 15% plus whatever that fire buff was also? If it came down between the two (hydra or fire), I imagine fire damage boost would be the choice due to other spells getting buffed in the process and not just the hydra? My gear is really all over the place with buffs for spells that I don't roll with. I just go with whatever I pick up that adds to my dps.

Mr.Fresh

Could use some GAF friends who play at around this time (10AM - 2PM EST). I have new shifts which means I'm up pretty early on my days off, I also get home from work pretty early in the afternoon. Pretty much no one online on my friends list right now. Add me (PSN Trucido-) if you are playing right around now (currently 11AM EST).

I can play right now... I'll add you right now.

Atkison04

A good fire build with crowd control would be:

Magic Missile (Conflagrate)
Meteor (Molten Impact)
Black Hole (Blazar)
Mirror Image (Duplicates)
Magic Weapon (Force Weapon)
Energy Armor (Prismatic Armor if you have high resistances, otherwise Force Armor)

Passives: Glass Cannon, Evocation, Conflagration, and Illusionist (a must if you run both Mirror Image and Slow Time) or anything else you'd like.

Magic Weapon helps improve DPS and Energy Armor with Prismatic is a must for surviving higher Torment levels. If you want to focus purely on crowd control and you're playing in a party, I'd switch out Magic Weapon for Slow Time (Point of No Return).

^Thanks for that, copied and pasted in an email to myself to refer to later on.

Top Bottom