• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

I see these two quests being mentioned a lot. Excuse my ignorance, but what's so unique about these two?

You don't have to attack/kill any enemies to complete those quests; just run past enemies and maybe do some kiting. Perfect for Level 1 characters doing the quests in T6. In fact, completing Miner's Gold in T6 once will get you from Level 1 to Level 5.

edit-

Atkinson, you can also replace Meteor with Hydra (Mammoth Hydra) for good results. This way, when enemies are stunned/stuck in Black Hole, they'll most likely be taking the Hydra damage more often.

funkypie

Banned
Is akkran set overrated? Got the full set bonus now but I've lost aloy of damage. About 45% fire damage and 25 % first of heaven damage plus resist all some parts.

Some set items don't have roll some shit in them. 2 slots for more xp and globe pick up, no thanks.

Atkison04

You are using way too many active skills that cost arcane power. Pick one main attack and a generator if you are out of power. The rest should be made up with defensive and passive abilities. If you are using too many active skills you are not all using them efficiently which means you wasted an ability slot. Also Archon is a must for a Wizard.

Wow man, didn't think about it like that. All of mine are active skills except the slow time. I need to look back into it. Thanks for the input Lima.

Is akkran set overrated? Got the full set bonus now but I've lost aloy of damage. About 45% fire damage and 25 % first of heaven damage plus resist all some parts.

Some set items don't have roll some shit in them. 2 slots for more xp and globe pick up, no thanks.
The idea is to get CDR so you live in Akarat's Champion almost full time, stack crit above 50% and crit damage above 500%. Then pop AC on cooldown and profit. Works well as a wrath generator with Holy Shotgun buid and Fate of the Fell since Heaven's Fury is nuts on Wrath. Can't wait for my FotF to drop.

The idea is to get CDR so you live in Akarat's Champion almost full time, stack crit above 50% and crit damage above 500%. Then pop AC on cooldown and profit. Works well as a wrath generator with Holy Shotgun buid and Fate of the Fell since Heaven's Fury is nuts on Wrath. Can't wait for my FotF to drop.

Holy Shotgun is amazing.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I'm playing Hardcore on XB1 if anyone wants to join. I'm in the very beginning of Act III and I'm at level 33.

Edit : I hate the male Crusader's voice so much. Way too cocky and smarmy for the character. Would be better for the Scoundrel or Demon Hunter or something.

A good fire build with crowd control would be:

Magic Missile (Conflagrate)
Meteor (Molten Impact)
Black Hole (Blazar)
Mirror Image (Duplicates)
Magic Weapon (Force Weapon)
Energy Armor (Prismatic Armor if you have high resistances, otherwise Force Armor)

Passives: Glass Cannon, Evocation, Conflagration, and Illusionist (a must if you run both Mirror Image and Slow Time) or anything else you'd like.

Magic Weapon helps improve DPS and Energy Armor with Prismatic is a must for surviving higher Torment levels. If you want to focus purely on crowd control and you're playing in a party, I'd switch out Magic Weapon for Slow Time (Point of No Return).

^Thanks for that, copied and pasted in an email to myself to refer to later on.

I can't run my wizard build without Archon, I feel naked in T4 and higher.

I'm playing Hardcore on XB1 if anyone wants to join. I'm in the very beginning of Act III and I'm at level 33.

Edit : I hate the male Crusader's voice so much. Way too cocky and smarmy for the character. Would be better for the Scoundrel or Demon Hunter or something.
He sounds like Jason Statham.

LogicStep

What are some good Crusader builds? Right now I'm using Smite with the healing rune and Hammers with the last rune so they follow me. My abilities are Avatar with the armor buff rune, the shield glare with the rune that makes enemies turn and fight themselves, the attack speed aura with the low cost rune, and Heavens Fury with the bigger meaner beam rune. Seems to work for Torment 2 although when the Nemesis shows up me and my friend get fucked over.

He sounds like Jason Statham.

I said that to my friend last night lol

quest

Not Banned from OT
Holy Shotgun is amazing.

Sure if you can get basically 8-10 pieces of perfect gear. It is the most gear intensive build in the game. If a person has an amazing shotgun build there is a 98% chance they used exploits to get it at this point. If you don't have that gear it is a sub par build to be honest. Runs out of wrath way to fast with out that perfect gear. I am paragon 270 something over 120 hours played and still see 1 piece of that perfect gear. Its a great build but very few people will ever get it right legitimately. Sure there is that 2% who have win the lotto twice luck. For the rest of us it is going to take 100s of hours to get there.

Sure if you can get basically 8-10 pieces of perfect gear. It is the most gear intensive build in the game. If a person has an amazing shotgun build there is a 98% chance they used exploits to get it at this point. If you don't have that gear it is a sub par build to be honest. Runs out of wrath way to fast with out that perfect gear. I am paragon 270 something over 120 hours played and still see 1 piece of that perfect gear. Its a great build but very few people will ever get it right legitimately. Sure there is that 2% who have win the lotto twice luck. For the rest of us it is going to take 100s of hours to get there.

I have full Akkhan's but the stats on most of the pieces are not very good. I'm like a slightly tougher glass cannon. My Thunder Hammer build actually tanks way better.

funkypie

Banned

I have got CDR too it is pretty much at 100% just that I've taken a big damage drop. You make it sound so easy though. With akarats awful magic rolls its hard to get cdr, critical rate and critical damage as high as you state. Rate is 44 and DMG rate is 314. I got the dark light and was using fire build.

I already got fate of fell so might try shotgun but again will be hard to get skill increase and elemental damage.

TehPabz

You don't have to attack/kill any enemies to complete those quests; just run past enemies and maybe do some kiting. Perfect for Level 1 characters doing the quests in T6. In fact, completing Miner's Gold in T6 once will get you from Level 1 to Level 5.

edit-

Atkinson, you can also replace Meteor with Hydra (Mammoth Hydra) for good results. This way, when enemies are stunned/stuck in Black Hole, they'll most likely be taking the Hydra damage more often.
dude I find a miners gold a waste of time because the mobs keep killing me = lol so I never get the exp am I missing something? A misers will is way better lol.

dude I find a miners gold a waste of time because the mobs keep killing me = lol so I never get the exp am I missing something? A misers will is way better lol.

After you talk to the miner, run down the left side stairs and wait down there. You don't have to move at all. Sometimes enemy mobs will be there, in that case run around the perimeter of the hill and kite. You might die once or twice, though. Miser's Will is way better, but that bounty spawns so rarely for me, compared to Miner's Gold.

TehPabz

After you talk to the miner, run down the left side stairs and wait down there. You don't have to move at all. Sometimes enemy mobs will be there, in that case run around the perimeter of the hill and kite. You might die once or twice, though. Miser's Will is way better, but that bounty spawns so rarely for me, compared to Miner's Gold.
Ok I'm gonna try that thanks! Also what's your psn so I can add you so we can play sometime.

Lima

Jsut got a Mask of Jeram from Kadala. I was flipping my shit because I need it for my pet doctor then I noticed it's a green set item and way worse...

Are you even trying Blizzard?
chansub-global-emoticnip1v.png

if anyone is on Xbox One and wants it let me know.

Stats are

+724 Int
+585 Armor
+5.5% CC
+150 Poison resist
+ignores durability loss

Part of the helltooth set (never heard of it)

...and first boss on normal dropped a legendary shield. Damn this game.

Everyone gets it.

cakely

Jsut got a Mask of Jeram from Kadala. I was flipping my shit because I need it for my pet doctor then I noticed it's a green set item and way worse...

Are you even trying Blizzard? http://abload.de/img/chansub-global-emoticnip1v.png

if anyone is on Xbox One and wants it let me know.

Stats are

+724 Int
+585 Armor
+5.5% CC
+150 Poison resist
+ignores durability loss

Part of the telltooth set (never heard of it)

Everyone gets it.

Hah! I had the same thing happen to me last night, but mine had good enough rolls on it that I kept it.

The name of that item gets fixed in the 2.1 patch on PC.

Lima

Hah! I had the same thing happen to me last night, but mine had good enough rolls on it that I kept it.

The name of that item gets fixed in the 2.1 patch on PC.

I mean it's better than my current helm but I want that legendary Mask of Jeram.

Haines

Banned
Finally farming rifts on torment but I'm having a hard time.finding a witch doctor build.I really enjoy.

I have like 30% poison skill DMG.

My 2 handed weapon has 1700 fire dmg.

I'm just using poison skills.

I have 440k but don't feel that strong really.

We've been getting drops all morning but most suck. Are plans anything to get excited about or is not worth trying to craft. Every time I try I pretty much just waste.materials.

Evil Beaver

How do I get strength enchanted weapons for my Templar as a Monk? 95% of drops are dex based. I've had 0 luck with getting strength stats with the mystic.

Dreaver

Finished Act I this morning at leve 32. First time Diablo ever, playing on expert.

My wizard is a beast right now. I'm absolutely destroying everything. Just killed
Magda
without moving at all and simply nuking.

Thrown Blade + Grasping Chilld (Blizzard) + Froze Mist (Frost Nova) + Raging Storm (Energy Twister) is insane.

Loving the game so far.

ZeroAKA

What exactly do those Blacksmith training rewards do? Also, is there a way to use characters from the same PSN account in local multiplayer?

So if I pick one reward, will I not be able to craft the other rewards?

This has been confusing a lot of people. When you level the Blacksmith up, he learns how to craft everything on that list. You don't choose one, even though you can move the cursor up and down to look at the different items.

ZeroAKA

No, you will be able to craft them all. You're paying for the level, not the specific item. It's confusing.
Are you talking about when leveling him up? You get all of it.
This has been confusing a lot of people. When you level the Blacksmith up, he learns how to craft everything on that list. You don't choose one, even though you can move the cursor up and down to look at the different items.
Thanks, that makes sense.

njean777

So what should I be going for with a crusader? I looked at some builds on http://diablo.somepage.com/popular/crusader#builds and am confused about some things.

The first think I am confused about is what they use for their normal attack? I mean I use slash a lot but none of these builds have any of the normal attacks on them when looking at the top builds. Do these people just not use any normal attacks at all?

The second thing I am confused about is what I should be going for gear wise? I want the Akkahn set, but do I get this just from running rifts and bounties? I run on Torment one btw. I have a Blade of Prophecy for my Crusader, but have a much better weapon called Burst of Wrath I think, but reading on this website it says that the Blade of Prophecy is better and is one of the top 4 weapons. I am confused by this because the weapon I hold "Burst of Wrath" does way more damage.

So I guess the thing I am asking is wtf should I be doing with a crusader? Should I care about more armor or more damage?

Chesskid1

Banned
ive been playing diablo 3 vanilla for ps3 for a while now

when i get diablo ros should i just make a new character or export my current character? i worry if i import it'll add all the new features at once and it'll be overwhelming, i should add my one and only character is lvl 50 something so i'm still quite new

Top Bottom