• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

Audioboxer

Grimløck;133562897 said:
the grift bosses dropped 2 pieces and i've spent all my shards the last two days gambling for 'em. got 5/6 pieces. the hardest were the gloves for me. even got a TnT before the roland grips dropped.

Guess I should run some grifts!

Still getting to grips with some T6 rift runs with my char above. Need to get working on a hellfire amulet as well. Want one with the Lord Commander passive I think.

if i keep playing normal nephalem rifts, will i get access to one of those new rifts? i played a couple of hours last night and havent seen one yet.

Number45

if i keep playing normal nephalem rifts, will i get access to one of those new rifts? i played a couple of hours last night and havent seen one yet.
You should do yeah, it's as random as Whimsyshire and TLoU though. It could be tens of hours before you see it! D:

I've had Whimsyshire once, and no TLoU yet.

You should do yeah, it's as random as Whimsyshire and TLoU though. It could be tens of hours before you see it! D:

I've had Whimsyshire once, and no TLoU yet.

ah ok. I've had Whimsy 3x, no TLoU as im on XB1.

I would really like a fate of fell, RoRg and then a full akkhan set :$

S7S06_The_Soup_Nazi.jpg

No TLoU for you!

ZenaxPure

Grimløck;133561853 said:
and my first experience with the roland set was not good. not tanky, less damage, and spends way too much resource.

Well the version posted earlier in the thread doesn't really come together until you have full roland, eternal union, the phalanx shield, and a leveled up pain enhancer gem. Honestly resource shouldn't be too much of a problem as you're really only trying to maintain your attack speed buff so you don't absolutely have to spam sweep. But yeah, like I mentioned originally it's not really a build that is going to take you through higher GR ranks, but it can wreck T6 pretty hard once you get all the needed stuff and get accustomed to the play style. I started messing with it when I got bored of Stampede and just haven't had a desire to go back.

Audioboxer

Well the version posted earlier in the thread doesn't really come together until you have full roland, eternal union, the phalanx shield, and a leveled up pain enhancer gem. Honestly resource shouldn't be too much of a problem as you're really only trying to maintain your attack speed buff so you don't absolutely have to spam sweep. But yeah, like I mentioned originally it's not really a build that is going to take you through higher GR ranks, but it can wreck T6 pretty hard once you get all the needed stuff and get accustomed to the play style. I started messing with it when I got bored of Stampede and just haven't had a desire to go back.

Sounds good!

I just ran a level 28 Grift on T6, easy peasy. Should I just be taking the next level Grift stone and keep going, or is upgrading gems a priority?

ZenaxPure

Sounds good!

I just ran a level 28 Grift on T6, easy peasy. Should I just be taking the next level Grift stone and keep going, or is upgrading gems a priority?

Up to you really. I'd probably work on upgrading some of them myself as they give pretty big damage boosts, but, nothing is stopping you from going higher if you want to see how far you can get.

Ogawa-san

I only just now realized MM/conflag was nerfed in 2.1... That explains why I'm killing stuff slightly slower now.

I'm glad I'll get to use a build that actually uses arcane power now.

HORRORSHØW

i see. yeah, the new eternal union seems like one of the core components to the build. and i should use that instead of the rorg so i'm going to need the full set. gotcha. now i gotta wait until rng drops the eternal union.

Should I just be taking the next level Grift stone and keep going, or is upgrading gems a priority?

there's no need to go higher unless you want a challenge or you can't level up your gems at your current grift.

Right I've ran like 256 bounties now trying to get a royal ring of grandeur for my wizard. I've got 5/6 of the Firebird set and just need the ring for the set bonus.

Has anyone got one they would be willing to trade with me?

Raptor

Havent seen Whimsy but I have seen a few times the TLoU one.

I really want the damn FoTF too lols.

Edit:

Looking at my playstyle I need the Rolan's not the Akkhan right?

I mean looks at this shit:

Increases Sweep Attack Damage by 100% (Crusader Only)
Increases Shield Bash Damage by 100% (Crusader Only)
(6) Set:
Every use of Shield Bash or Sweep Attack that hits an enemy grants 20% increased Attack Speed for 3 seconds. This effect stacks up to 5 times.

NOw imagine that with my Piro Marella?

Will deal DPS into the millions non stop.

God damn

Number45

Right I've ran like 256 bounties now trying to get a royal ring of grandeur for my wizard. I've got 5/6 of the Firebird set and just need the ring for the set bonus.

Has anyone got one they would be willing to trade with me?
What difficulty? Drop rate gets a massive boost in higher torments since 2.1 I believe.

stn

How do I beat Belial on expert? I got a lvl 70 (para. 8) Crusader. He's very easy up until the last 1/4 of his life, at which point all he does is summon the green shit everywhere. Hard to avoid, almost instantly kills me, and gives me no time to walk up and attack.

The hell?

On the Xbox One, the rift cost seems bugged. It's costing us one key for the player who opened the rift and doesn't require keys from the other players. Greater rifts are working as expected, though.

Thread is moving fast, so not sure if this has been covered yet.

Apparently, this isn't a bug. As long as you're not in a public match, rifts cost one shard regardless of the number of players.

Number45

How do I beat Belial on expert? I got a lvl 70 (para. 8) Crusader. He's very easy up until the last 1/4 of his life, at which point all he does is summon the green shit everywhere. Hard to avoid, almost instantly kills me, and gives me no time to walk up and attack.

The hell?
You're struggling on Belial at level 70?

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
Just ordered this on ps4 this morning, letting it download while I'm at work. I loved Diablo 2 but never had a gaming PC that could run 3.

I'm looking forward to seeing what all the hubbub is about. I'm getting just a bit burned out on Destiny, but it did renew my lust for loot.

ZenaxPure

The hell?

That is his enrage mechanic, just about every boss has something like that if you take to long to kill them. You need to drop the difficulty or change your build up or get better gear or something (a lot of ways to solve the problem really).

The hell?
You should not be having any trouble. Go to the blacksmith and upgrade any low level gear and put some good rubies in any gem slots.

Number45

I was a little worried hitting Belial on my HC Barb last night at level 40 (hard). I got the achievement for not getting hit by his fist... because he only got one slam off before he was dead. I also did it on expert as a Crusader with zero fuss - both of these were my first attempts, so no extra gear or paragon levels.

As mentioned, make sure you have a reasonable amount of damage output.

I got burnt out in the last Act. I'm probably halfway through, but I just want to get to Adventure, drop this Witch Doctor guy for a more enjoyable Barb or Crusader.

h3ro

I have some Akkhans parts (2 extra helms and I think pants/shoulders as well, a bunch of other stuff as well) to trade if anyone has these new Crusader parts available.

I'd love to give the Stampede build a shot. Getting tired of having trolls slip away because I got caught up in a mob and don't have the range to get to them in time.

cakely

The hell?

Just avoid the green bombs. They telegraph themselves. If you see a green glowing circle on the ground, just stay out of it.

Also, just asking ... you have a level 70 crusader, but you haven't beaten Belial yet?

Havent seen Whimsy but I have seen a few times the TLoU one.

I really want the damn FoTF too lols.

Edit:

Looking at my playstyle I need the Rolan's not the Akkhan right?

I mean looks at this shit:

Increases Sweep Attack Damage by 100% (Crusader Only)
Increases Shield Bash Damage by 100% (Crusader Only)
(6) Set:
Every use of Shield Bash or Sweep Attack that hits an enemy grants 20% increased Attack Speed for 3 seconds. This effect stacks up to 5 times.

NOw imagine that with my Piro Marella?

Will deal DPS into the millions non stop.

God damn

Ok yes I'll take that as well pls

stn

Just to clear things up: I've beaten Belial before, I beat the whole game. I'm just having trouble doing the bounty on expert. Its kind of odd because my weapon does 2700DMG and I'm level 70. Once he transforms I literally do almost no damage. I'm just hacking away endlessly. Thankfully, he doesn't do damage either. It gets problematic once he summons the green stuff, then I die in 2 hits.

Just ordered this on ps4 this morning, letting it download while I'm at work. I loved Diablo 2 but never had a gaming PC that could run 3.

I'm looking forward to seeing what all the hubbub is about. I'm getting just a bit burned out on Destiny, but it did renew my lust for loot.

ha you'll love this game, especially if you had a lust for loot in Destiny.

It's just an all-around better game right now.

turnbuckle

Just to clear things up: I've beaten Belial before, I beat the whole game. I'm just having trouble doing the bounty on expert. Its kind of odd because my weapon does 2700DMG and I'm level 70. Once he transforms I literally do almost no damage. I'm just hacking away endlessly. Thankfully, he doesn't do damage either. It gets problematic once he summons the green stuff, then I die in 2 hits.

What kind of gems do you have? What's your crit chance and crit damage? I might have a couple things I can send you next time I hop on the game.

stn

I don't use any gems, not sure what my critical chance and damage is. Usually when I equip items its just for the bonuses to strength, vitality, and armor. I'm a newb to Diablo so I've been doing it this way.

turnbuckle

I don't use any gems, not sure what my critical chance and damage is. Usually when I equip items its just for the bonuses to strength, vitality, and armor. I'm a newb to Diablo so I've been doing it this way.

Primary stats are important, but crit chance and crit damage will make a huge difference. If you have a socket on that weapon you'll want to throw the best emerald you can get in there. If you want, send me a friend request if you're on PS4 (PSN: Turnbuckle47) and I'll hook you up with a few things that might help.

Pons

Neo Member
What difficulty? Drop rate gets a massive boost in higher torments since 2.1 I believe.

I don't think this is true Number45, from what I've researched and gleaned together from people's responses both here and on battle.net (yeah i know), it looks like we basically got the base 2.1 pc patch without the season stuff. None of the post 2.1 hotfixes. On PC, the bounty Horadric Cache legendary drop rate was increased dramatically (based on torment level) in one of the post 2.1 hotfixes.

So I don't think the consoles have that cache drop rate boost as of yet (this coming from someone else who has ran hundreds of act 1 bounties with no ring but multiples of the other legendary types, while his lady has a rorg on each of her characters :l)

Just was doing some more forum surfing, and some are saying that bounty cache drop rate has drastically increased up to 100 pct legendary on torment 6, which would match PC. Dunno, will have to do more testing myself, relying on emperical evidence obviously won't cut it lol. Will have to squeeze in some act 1 bounties in between Iron Banner rep farming :)

ZenaxPure

Just was doing some more forum surfing, and some are saying that bounty cache drop rate has drastically increased up to 100 pct legendary on torment 6, which would match PC. Dunno, will have to do more testing myself, relying on emperical evidence obviously won't cut it lol. Will have to squeeze in some act 1 bounties in between Iron Banner rep farming :)

It wouldn't surprise me if that made it into the console patch to be honest. The hotfix was in the first week the patch was out on PC. Plenty of time to roll it into the console patch surely.

This game man..

I just finished the campaign, did my first rift and all the missions in ACT I.

It's just amazingly fun, addictive and exhillarating to play.

I love the feeling when a legendary drops, the feeling of just going through monsters slaughtering everything in sight.

And am I the only one who thought that the Reaper of Souls OST was way better than the regular game ?

Well nonetheless I can't wait to go 70 and get into the real game now.

rukland

So yeah I have up on my old Demon Hunter, just did not have the drive to try and regear her. So I have been leveling a few other classes trying to find one that clicks for me.

Right now I have a 61 Monk, 61 Witch Doctor, and an almost 60 Wizard. I have not played in so long before the PS4 version that I feel like I have no idea what I am doing.

I keep reading this thread for ideas but I don't understand our know about most of the build our gear topics that come up.

Besides picking a class what are some things I should be doing? I don't want to hit the wall I did with my DH where I have up due to a grear wall.

And I still would like more people on my PSN friends list playing. I seem to see so few still playing and I sent out at least 6 gifts yesterday to people I know I have not seen playing.

PSN Rukland

So yeah I have up on my old Demon Hunter, just did not have the drive to try and regear her. So I have been leveling a few other classes trying to find one that clicks for me.

Right now I have a 61 Monk, 61 Witch Doctor, and an almost 60 Wizard. I have not played in so long before the PS4 version that I feel like I have no idea what I am doing.

I keep reading this thread for ideas but I don't understand our know about most of the build our gear topics that come up.

Besides picking a class what are some things I should be doing? I don't want to hit the wall I did with my DH where I have up due to a grear wall.

And I still would like more people on my PSN friends list playing. I seem to see so few still playing and I sent out at least 6 gifts yesterday to people I know I have not seen playing.

PSN Rukland
Just pick a class that you like playing and experiment with different builds. Equip gear with lots of the primary stat and crit bonuses. Add good gems to your stuff.
Also, you get access to much better gear at level 70.

I think something I had was nerfed.

I applied the patch last night and could no longer do crap for damage with my Crusader in a Torment1 Rift. I had to lower the difficulty in order to progress, and then I got just one legendary for the whole thing, and it was garbage.

That's the way the RNG crumbles though.

rukland

Just pick a class that you like playing and experiment with different builds. Equip gear with lots of the primary stat and crit bonuses. Add good gems to your stuff.
Also, you get access to much better gear at level 70.

I really like monk, but is it going to be good for T6?

I didn't realise you get much higher drop chance with higher torments. Ive been doing some on torment 4 but quite a few on torment 1 just to clear faster.

You're saying it's definitely worth doing the highest torment I can for bounties?

Number45

I didn't realise you get much higher drop chance with higher torments. Ive been doing some on torment 4 but quite a few on torment 1 just to clear faster.

You're saying it's definitely worth doing the highest torment I can for bounties?
It's definitely that way on PC, but if you check up a few posts it doesn't look like that made it into the console version. :'(

I'd be mad, but a RoRG is no use to me as I have no meaningful set items anyway. :p

W Hudson

OK I have a fairly specific question for any fellow Demon Hunters:

I have 5 pieces of the Marauders set (plus a RORG) for the complete set bonus. I use multishot as my primary hatred spender, but didn't know if I should add cluster arrow as well. Would my sentries then fire both multishot and cluster arrow and be more efficient?

Imouto

Banned
When you start Rift, each player has to pay with 1 Rift Fragment, does it work the same with Greater Rift? Or you only need 1 key to open the Greater Rift?

I found a rift to "whimsydale" today which was cool. I really wish the gem costs were reduced, I found and amulet and ring set I need to reroll and it requires high level gems to do it.

Krayzie

When you start Rift, each player has to pay with 1 Rift Fragment, does it work the same with Greater Rift? Or you only need 1 key to open the Greater Rift?

You've got it the other way around. 1 rift key is enough for regular rifts.
For GR, EACH person needs their own key.

turnbuckle

Hopped on the game for a second to send out a few gifts and received several too. Thanks to Grim and DeathJr, I think? Oh man...I'm one happy fella. Can't wait to actually play tonight :D

Has anyone confirmed whether or not legendary drop rates for caches at higher torment has been boosted or not? Is it simply a waste of time to do higher torment bounties than torment 1 right now if the object of doing them for a person is getting the exclusive legendaries?

Golgi_Apparati

Neo Member
The only good part about all these hackers is you can use them for a quick power level on your alts. Find a quick match with your main and switch to low lvl char before entering. About 4 t6 rifts will bring you 1 - 70

Krayzie

I got one last night, where do I use it?

Use the key on the nephlalem obelisk m8.
You'r given a choice on which key to use on the obelisk (I.E normal rifts keys, KoT or GR keys)

All keys can only be used on the obelisk (whether it be normal rift keys, GR keys AND also the KoT)

As i said be4, KoT (Key of Trials), are obtained via defeating regular rift guardians.
Put that key on the slot on the obelisk and you'll go through a trial run of various enemy waves to determine what level GR key you get.

Once you've completed the trial, you'll be awarded a GR key of a specific level (as in GR level 10 and so on) which is determined on how well you do on the trial.

Once again, use that GR key on the obelisk and the GR will open for ya.
Hope i was clear enough.

Top Bottom