• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Did the Nintendo bump ruin Platinum Games?

Deerock71

Adam Devine Reaction GIF

Hyet

Neo Member
Bad thread. It's true platinumgames is far from being in good shape and that bayo 3 was the worst one but when it comes to Nintendo produced games it's some of their best stuff. Bayo 2 is better than W101 is also amazing as well as Astral chain, that should totally get a sequel IMO. I also hear Cereza is very good, gotta open that sometime.

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
Bayonetta 3 got 86 on MC, if it wasn't a Nintendo game it would've struggled to get into the 70s.
nah, it got absolute top marks from me and was 2nd place barely losing GOTY. It's shockingly ambitious and well made. Imagine FFXVI, but instead of playing a bunch of scripted QTE trash fights as the giant summons, you have full control to morph into them at will with their own command list and it's all under your control. Imagine how much better FFXVI's combat system would be compared to the trash we got. Bayonetta 3 is easily my favorite of the 3. It's the realization of the scale differences in fights that Kamiya has been experimenting with since Scalebound. The camera always works. It's all seamless. No one else is pulling off an action game with any of that. Just look at how many weapons it has also, compared to the 1 sword in FFXVI. Really feels like all people can even notice at this point is graphics and surface level visuals.

Paulistano

Platinum is highly overrated.

I can't see what people see, I don't think they have that quality people say they have too many games that are garbage, they make little effort.

Sega gave up on them, Microsoft gave up on them and Nintendo don't want to buy the company, the quality isn't there.

Last edited:

Da1337Vinci

No the issue is that the style of games they are strong at is not a big seller. So they try to branch out to have a safety net. This leads to this decline.

In addition to that they are not afraid to make huge changes in their style of games even in the same franchise. This just sometimes leads to quality drops, good idea but bad executed or simply a bad idea being executed.

For example look and compare how bayo and dmc entries progress and change in their gameplay respectively.

Top Bottom