• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dishonored |OT| The belle of the ball

Eideka

Banned
I've looked at some in-game screenshots and God be damned the game looks splendid. O_O

And it was just the PS3 version, can't wait to see it running maxed out on a PC.

At times like these it sucks not to be at home, come quickly Thursday.....

IMACOMPUTA

turning off the hud also turns off dialogue selection
and increasing the fov to 110 makes you unable to zoom with your lens.

IMACOMPUTA

Looks pretty good on PC
dishonored2012-10-091bwu34.png

Is there any way to holster your weapons? Just started and as weird as it sounds I don't like the idea of constantly having a sword and flintlock pistol out for no reason.

Is there any way to holster your weapons? Just started and as weird as it sounds I don't like the idea of constantly having a sword and flintlock pistol out for no reason.

Are you playing on PC or Console? I believe it's X (maybe square on PS3?) on 360 (or 360 controller) and HOLD F when not in combat on PC.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!

Look at your keyconfig.

Faster than alt tabbing into neogaf and asking a question. ;)

Its hold down F btw

ironcreed

Banned
A lot of people may look at the textures and be put off, but keep in mind that Harvey Smith said the intention is for it to look like a moving water color painting and it looks fantastic when viewed from this perspective. Can't wait to jump into the world and take it in for myself.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
UE3, why you so balls awesome 60 fps? Damn this game kicks ass.
Aye, gotta say it's a seriously bonkers perf/opt job on this one. Not that UE3 nor the texture resolution demands much of a modern card, but it's just a rock-solid, VSYNC-locked, smooth-as-silk 60 fps regardless of what is happening on screen and I can't get enough.

Damn, I'm gonna have to run two copies simultaneously to take advantage of my new card when it comes
KuGsj.gif

Thanks for uploading your configs. I have a question, is there anything in game that I need to change? Like the AA setting or what have you. Sorry for the nub question, have not really done any injector stuff before.
You can use MLAA in-game so that both are applied- that's what I'm doing and it looks awfully good. Don't use FXAA.

Ashodin

Aye, gotta say it's a seriously bonkers perf/opt job on this one. Not that UE3 nor the texture resolution demands much of a modern card, but it's just a rock-solid, VSYNC-locked, smooth-as-silk 60 fps regardless of what is happening on screen and I can't get enough.

Damn, I'm gonna have to run two copies simultaneously to take advantage of my new card when it comes
KuGsj.gif

You can use MLAA in-game so that both are applied- that's what I'm doing and it looks awfully good. Don't use FXAA.

If somehow you can run two monitors and one with sweetfx and one without, glorious.

Anyone know if there's a secret achievement for beating the game on Very Hard? It doesn't seem to be listed in the regular ones. I'll be playing that mode regardless, but it'd be nice to get recognition for it.

Someone further than me: is there a non-lethal melee weapon like a club you can find later on, or am I missing a non-lethal way to defend myself? The combat is too fun to simply reload every time I get spotted.

Ashodin

Anyone know if there's a secret achievement for beating the game on Very Hard? It doesn't seem to be listed in the regular ones. I'll be playing that mode regardless, but it'd be nice to get recognition for it.

This. I'm gonna be mad at Hawkian if he made me play on Very Hard and there's no light at the end of the tunnel.

Someone further than me: is there a non-lethal melee weapon like a club you can find later on, or am I missing a non-lethal way to defend myself? The combat is too fun to simply reload every time I get spotted.

There are Tranq Darts man.

Leunam

I watched the first developer diary but otherwise don't know much about this game. How open world is it? Is there a large city to explore between missions like in Deus Ex: HR with sidequests and secrets to find?

Kard8p3

Ughh I'm still beating myself over changing the shipping thing last night, I should've left it alone and I would've gotten it tomorrow, now I have to wait an extra day! blah.. oh well, this will just make my hype level rise even more.

Dishonoured

Starring Morgan and Custis Pendleton

Scored by Daniel Licht

Who also scored Silent Hill Downpour

Which starred Murphy Pendleton

billtedwhoa.gif

Chairman Yang

if he talks about books, you better damn well listen
If I knock someone out, will that count as alerting them? Are there any other consequences for non-lethal takedowns, as opposed to going through the level completely undetected?

stupei

If I knock someone out, will that count as alerting them? Are there any other consequences for non-lethal takedowns, as opposed to going through the level completely undetected?

Other than the risk of other people discovering the body, there doesn't seem to be.

zkylon

zkylewd
what about XCOM, siiiir?
Ashamed to say I haven't preordered it. I mean, with over a 100 hours in Dark Souls and no sight of that game boring me anytime soon, and now Dishonored taking my time I wouldn't be able to give X-COM the time it deserves. Right?

Right?

:(

So what's the consensus on the story (and characters)? EDGE seemed pretty happy about it, but I remember Patrick Klepeck not liking it that much.

I will say it's definitely on my radar now. I've always had a hard time with stealth but this seems sort of different.

Mr. Sam

So what's the consensus on the story (and characters)? EDGE seemed pretty happy about it, but I remember Patrick Klepeck not liking it that much.

Much as I like Giant Bomb, it's rare that I find their views align with my own. As for Edge, I've found them somewhat more trustworthy.

mxgt

Banned
Just finished the first real mission. I fucking love this game, so much fun to play.

5 hours recorded on Steam and 1 'tutorial' and 1 real mission done. Should say it all about length, but I definitely took my time.

Zeliard

Anyone who beats a game like this in 6 hours and isn't - a) under some sort of deadline, or b) purposefully doing a speed run - can safely be described as an asshole.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Just like real life.
Now every time you post I think about how badly I want a JF!2 remake and it is making me sad.

Although, all kidding aside, despite a radically different tone this game really does have the "fuck yeah we DID just do that" sort of self-assurance that made JF! so charming.

So it seems that when you pick up reading material, if will add to you mission clues section if it contains anything useful? I love that, as I really like collecting all the material but don't particularly feel like reading it.

I'm spending much to long in each environment, but still having fun so who cares. This will take me a long time to finish. I love games with environments like this, it all feels so well crafted and thoughtful.

When you carry unconcious ennemies if you drop them from too high they will die.
I dropped an enemy into a shallow pool of water and when I picked up the body it no longer said "unconscious" so I figure that kills em too.

Does it count as a kill if I let the rats handle it though?

Top Bottom