• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dishonored |OT| The belle of the ball

mxgt

Banned
jesus christ blink is so much fun to use

I want it in every game

I was going to do a non lethal run but I decided to just mix it up. I certainly do more non kills but killing is too much fun to ignore. The traps are glorious.

Is there any need to move bodies? I've seen guards walk over them without noticing.

But usually they notice. Must have been a glitched spot.

ironcreed

Banned
Yeah that happened to me restarted it but in the first mission said I killed someone oh well its hard to go through it without killing anyone.

LOL, damn right it is. I found that out straight away in the
prison
I am going to go stealth as much a possible, but am using this first play through to learn the ins and outs and to map out the environment.

Sorry if this has been asked, but has anyone else not gotten their key from GMG? The game doesn't even show up in my account and I never got a preorder confirmation via email.

zkylon

zkylewd
sitting at the menu

hard or very hard?
I went hard, so I'd have an extra bit of motivation to play it again. These kind of games can feel restrictive if you're not allowed to get away with a bit of dumb shit, so I'd rather it be loose than tight on the first run.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
lol...

A69AD842C3457BCCD71DCD1F22278B59E3961557

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/gaffer

george_us

Finished the
High Overseer Mission
and got all the runes. I apparently missed a Bone Charm though. Great stuff so far. It's Deus Ex: Human Revolution without the jank.

jgminto

One thing this game made me realise is that I'm a real dick. Don't know how many times I've strangled, stabbed, shot, tranquillized and thrown glasses at the residents of the Hound Pits Pub.

mxgt

Banned
Finished the
High Overseer Mission
and got all the runes. I apparently missed a Bone Charm though. Great stuff so far. It's Deus Ex: Human Revolution without the jank.

I missed the last rune even though I saw it and planned on taking it and then completely forgot about it.

;_;

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
very hard, health/mana contextual, objective markers off, crosshair off :D

Crosshairs off would only be cool if they allowed for iron sights with the crossbow. Since without that, you have no real way of aiming which personally Id find stupid.

The zoom key doesnt seem to do anything, so unless the mask upgrade allows for some sort of zoomed aimed mode, trying to use the ranged weapons with no sort of actual real aiming point reference just does not seem like what Id call fun.

So conflicted on this. On the one hand, it sounds really good, sounds like they really hit the story right. On the other, I see the occasional comparison to Deus Ex... and I just couldn't get into Human Revolution...

I was actually at the store today reading the faceoff. To me, it's a question of tradeoffs and they're pretty clear about it: some slight image quality issues versus some slightly worse tearing. I hate tearing, so I might lean a little 360 on this one. Also have more HDD space available on 360 these days (thanks a lot, PS+)

They mention the tearing is like for like during gameplay though, the most important part. The higher tearing in the ps3 version is a trade off for much higher framerates. They says the cutscenes in the 360 version are locked at 20fps, where as ps3 is more around 30fps, and never goes below 26fps. Regardless cutscene performance is not that big of an issue to me.

Parakeetman

oh that would be cool. I really like how powerful ranged weapons feel in this game - so I would imagine money is useful for that element.

is there a limit to how much ammo you can carry?

Yes there is a limit. Which you can increase by paying coin to the machinist in the safe house area.

Money is also used to upgrade all of your gear.

Runes are used to upgrade certain abilities / learn new spells.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
So is there any reason to do a No kill run?

Reason I ask is a lot of these games make No Kill runs pretty much the same as killing except you just press a different button (non lethal take down), or use a different ammo. Which doesn't really change the gameplay. Hell do enemies even recover from being knocked out? If not then it's a silly bullshit label, and I might as well just be killing them.

Just asking, because it's a real big pet peeve for "No kill" games.

More rats and more weepers appear depending on the body count. Also I think you get different random events and quests.

Parakeetman

I noticed something interesting about the AI on normal. They will "notice you" as turn their head in your direction, but they will not become alerted / spot you. Had thought I was seeing things, but managed to confirm it after several tested incidents.

That must mean the do have some sort of 2 part sensory AI. One that causes the character model to look at a target and the other to actually detect and do something about it. If that makes sense to folks.

4 hours and I haven't even beat the first mission yet. Actually makes me mad at the speedrun guy. What a dumb ass.

I was at around 4 hours - then I got completely side-tracked exploring and gathering backstory. The first main mission ended up taking me 5 hours, with 2 for side-quests and the introduction. Shit is giving me my money's worth.

Guri

The (chapter 2 spoiler)
sidequest to contaminate the gang's elixir with the plague is a bad thing? I'm going for a good Corvo, at least on sidequests.

Parakeetman

I love how the order guards their ugly as sin masks deflect bolt shots from the front. The back of the head though makes for a nice pin cushion though :D

Didnt try to shoot em in the face yet with the pistol though just to see if its "bulletproof".

Time for SCIENCE!

TheExodu5

Banned
Steam couldn't sync my files so it launches the game with defaults settings for everything, including resetting the difficulty to Normal. -_-

so what is "adrenaline"? bone charm gives adrenaline on rat kills but thats not health or mana right? I dont see anything happen...

edit - oh I see, there is a rune power that uses adrenaline for special moves

mxgt

Banned
Steam couldn't sync my files so it launches the game with defaults settings for everything, including resetting the difficulty to Normal. -_-

Same. I just assumed it's because I'm playing in offline mode.

It's really annoying having to change everything back when starting the game again

Currently debating on how to handle this situation to grab this Bone Charm.

There are couple of guys in front of the door and an old man behind it. I can't put one to sleep without the other becoming aware.

ekim

Playing on very hard I finished the golden Kat mission. I kill 3 people and knocked some out but quietly and I think the game is too easy with the blink ability and the crossbow. Ghosting though seems nearly impossible to me.

Nonetheless, it's a great game.

Top Bottom