• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dishonored |OT| The belle of the ball

Too many games in my back log to buy now. I was still partially on the fence in terms of wait and see if it lives up to the hype before buying anyways but now that I've got Borderlands 2/torchlight 2 and Sleeping dogs to play, I don't feel guilty about waiting on this one.

I really hope this game turns out to be as amazing as I think it will be. The game industry needs another successful game that isn't the typical FPS.

Salsa

I expect this game to be a lot better than Deus Ex HR. At least in regards to what I enjoy about these type of games

And I really liked HR despite the flaws

aasoncott

The thing that has me on the fence is the writing. I've seen very, very few impressions of the dialog and plot... As fantastic as the game looks, I don't know if I can pull the trigger before I know whether or not it's a story worth investing my time in.

Are there any substantial gameplay videos out there? I feel like we've only seen a few bits and pieces for a game out so soon.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Seriously why are Dishonored, XCOM, and RE6 coming out at the same time? I'll probably get this later in the year on sale, but it definitely looks great.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Seriously why are Dishonored, XCOM, and RE6 coming out at the same time? I'll probably get this later in the year on sale, but it definitely looks great.

Smaller IPs seem to sell shitty any other time of the year, I suppose(like Darksiders 2 and Sleeping Dogs) though I think the latter did better than people expected

I was somewhat ambivalent towards this game until I decided to replay Dark Messiah of Might and Magic on a whim this past week.

That was enough to convince me to get Dishonored.

Salsa

welp apparently it's out there somewhere

pX8ozh.jpg

guy wont be able to play due to Steamworks tho

smr00

Banned
I was on the fence about getting it because of the name "Bethesda" and their shitty track of releasing completely broken games on PS3 but people informed me it's not a Bethesda game and it's not running on their engine so i pre-ordered it today.

Really excited, i loved the 2 walkthrough videos and the fish posses just made me giddy.

Does anyone when some reviews will be out ?

thanks.
My guess is some will come/leak out sunday night/monday and then all the major sites will roll them out tuesday (assuming there is an embargo which i assume there is)

smr00

Banned
Wow really never knew that should have gotten the ps3 or 360 version.
They might of only put out the PC version.

Odd that he was able to purchase it because our local BB will not sale any game before street date, their computers won't let them. They had Skyrim 4 days before release and it kept denying the sale.

They might of only put out the PC version.

Odd that he was able to purchase it because our local BB will not sale any game before street date, their computers won't let them. They had Skyrim 4 days before release and it kept denying the sale.

Yeah they usually do that. For those worried about the PS3 version Harvey Smith co creative developer keeps answering people on twitter that it is good and there are no major differences between ps3 and 360.

steven28

I was on the fence about getting it because of the name "Bethesda" and their shitty track of releasing completely broken games on PS3 but people informed me it's not a Bethesda game and it's not running on their engine so i pre-ordered it today.

Really excited, i loved the 2 walkthrough videos and the fish posses just made me giddy.

My guess is some will come/leak out sunday night/monday and then all the major sites will roll them out tuesday (assuming there is an embargo which i assume there is)

Alright thanks man

foxdvd

got this on preorder, but I have to say while the stealth play looks amazing, the lethal play does not look as fun....the enemies seem to ignore all the explosions and noises happening 20 feet away...many times during that lethal run I kept thinking enemies would be coming to all the noise you were making, only to see that if they were not within 20 feet they did not know what was going on..

NBtoaster

I expect this game to be a lot better than Deus Ex HR. At least in regards to what I enjoy about these type of games

I didn't like how HR basically forced you into a stealthy approach and made you feel like a dirtbag for taking the direct path.

I hope this is different.

First playthrough will be violent and direct. Second playthrough, I'll use the info gleaned from the first to take a subtler approach.

Atomski

The thing that has me on the fence is the writing. I've seen very, very few impressions of the dialog and plot... As fantastic as the game looks, I don't know if I can pull the trigger before I know whether or not it's a story worth investing my time in.

Man if I bought games based on it having a good story.. I'd never buy a single game.

Luckly I play for fun.

GorillaJu

got this on preorder, but I have to say while the stealth play looks amazing, the lethal play does not look as fun....the enemies seem to ignore all the explosions and noises happening 20 feet away...many times during that lethal run I kept thinking enemies would be coming to all the noise you were making, only to see that if they were not within 20 feet they did not know what was going on..

Sounds like its hard mode for me.

Wow, that stealth playthrough looked terrific. I'm sure it's been said thousands of times, but Bioshock + Deus Ex = Day 1 purchase. Can't wait.

branny

Yeah they usually do that. For those worried about the PS3 version Harvey Smith co creative developer keeps answering people on twitter that it is good and there are no major differences between ps3 and 360.
That's great to hear. I have faith in Arkane, but, to be fair to the worried people, practically the same thing was said about the PS3 version of Skyrim prior to launch. Not related, sure, but sometimes it's best to see for ourselves. =\

I didn't like how HR basically forced you into a stealthy approach and made you feel like a dirtbag for taking the direct path.

I hope this is different.
The stuff about world chaos and story repercussions lead me to believe that aggressive play will somehow have negative narrative consequences in addition to things like more guards patrolling noble areas. I don't mind that sort of thing altering enemy layouts, but I do hate when games make me feel like trash for just trying to enjoy myself. I rarely play as evil when given a choice. If I'm doing immoral (or amoral) actions in a game, I don't want those things held against me, lol.

Kajiba

God I have to stop watching these videos, spoiling myself and forcing feverish excitement >_<

Yeah, had to stop myself when the newer videos had way to much new stuff in them. The only things I can remember are the golden cat level and one or two outside ones. Trying to keep everything fresh as possible when the game comes out next week.

First play will be a sloppy killing spree, just to have fun and tear the place up.

Second run will be non-leathal, minimal contact.

Sooooo hyped, can't wait for it to unlock.

graywolf323

IMO, just don't use the pre-order stuff. I'm chucking the code that comes with my Amazon order. Not interested; the base game will be balanced well enough.

(but if I was to get one, I'm with you - sneaky!)

if you really don't want the code from Amazon I'd gladly take it off your hands ^_^

Nome

Game looks great except for the story.
I loved HR's story, even if it was pretty predictable.

Can anyone confirm if they've seen more than the one animation for taking down guards from behind, i.e. something other than the monotonous chokehold? That shit irks me to no end; NO END!

I noticed that too. Though I believe they were playing on normal, which really doesn't seem like much of a challenge.

I think I will go hard difficulty and reduced HUD/ no tips. This game seems to really cultivate creativity and I want to immerse myself in that.

Badgerst3

Preordered.

My gameplay will be like every other stealth game I try. All quiet and subtle and shit at first, then when first detected- balls to the wall.

As a rat.

Top Bottom