• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dishonored: The Knife of Dunwall |OT| It's straight up Daud time

Phreaker

Just bought Dishonored (Steam Sale) last night, plus the first DLC. I plan to play it a lot this weekend, in time for the new DLC.

Salsa

Did you listen to Daud's spiel before killing him?
He talks about his regret for killing the Empress, and how the Outsider just manipulates both of them.

It was one of the best parts of the game, in my opinion.

oh yeah that's right, sorta forgot

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
So.

Excited.

I've been saving up my MS points ever since I heard about this. This is the type of DLC I will happily buy - an expansion to the story that meaningfully ties into the base game. Excited to be jumping back into Dunwall.

Overboost

I've been told by my buddies at Arkane that this will be well worth the purchase at $10. I was prepared to pay $15 for new story DLC so the price is right.

R3TRODYCE

I've been told by my buddies at Arkane that this will be well worth the purchase at $10. I was prepared to pay $15 for new story DLC so the price is right.

Just 10 bucks!!? Sign me the hell up!

I did not notice that in the OP until just now, silly me.

Salsa

btw, you can already buy the DLC on GMG, Steam key

and if you use the code GMG20-GGN5D-FC3NA you can get it down to $8

ibmCeWldrq95Kc.PNG

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Anybody know when GMG should send out their keys?

I can't wait. Love Dishonored. I'm hoping we get to see even more DLC in the future.

btw, you can already buy the DLC on GMG, Steam key

and if you use the code GMG20-GGN5D-FC3NA you can get it down to $8

ibmCeWldrq95Kc.PNG

Just picked it up on GMG for $8 too using free credit I've accumulated. Love GMG. Tomorrow is gonna be an awes day in my household.

R3TRODYCE

Dag nabbit, I redeemed my key hoping to launch it and play but it's not available yet. I guess this is how heartbreak feels.

Sorian

Banned
If you try to freeze time on him it doesn't work and he'll say something like "Nice try, Corvo!"

He does something similar if you try to mind warp into him. He actually locks you in his body and prevents you from moving for 10 seconds as well.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
any idea of how long this should take to beat?

The DLC has three levels, so I'd say, depending on how you play, anywhere from around an hour to a few hours... assuming they're comparable to the levels of the main campaign.

For PC users, GMG has a 20% discount code that is valid until the 22nd (GMG20-GGN5D-FC3NA), so if you're interested you can get the DLC for $8.

Salsa

.. apparently it didnt unlock yet, but afaik it's "out", so just a matter of waiting for the download I guess?

Bought and downloading. Was thinking about trying it out tonight, but I'm feeling the faintest tickle in the back of my throat that I feel sometimes when a cold is coming on. So I think I'll just go to sleep and start it after work tomorrow.

I'm excited. I put about 50 hours into Dishonored, and beat it three times. I also really liked Daud as a character.

2GB, that's bigger then I expected too.

Salsa

Bought and downloading. Was thinking about trying it out tonight, but I'm feeling the faintest tickle in the back of my throat that I feel sometimes when a cold is coming on. So I think I'll just go to sleep and start it after work tomorrow.

I'm excited. I put about 50 hours into Dishonored, and beat it three times. I also really liked Daud as a character.

2GB, that's bigger then I expected too.

im not sure what to do, I bought it on GMG and the key activated fine but it's not downloading anything :/

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Downloading it now, also the thread title made me giggle.

Sillverrr

I'm sure this is fantastic but I will wait until the concluding DLC episodes are available, and play it all through at once for a meatier experience. I am in favour of story-driven expansions, but feel this may be a little too short on its own to satisfy.

Enjoy, as Dishonored deserves all the success it gets. However, the ending of the original game left too many questions open for my liking, and I'm hoping this ties up the more supernatural elements of the lore - when it's a complete package.

epmode

Oh god, the pre-mission store is so Thief.

I played for a few minutes and I'm reminded about how much I like this IP. I hope it's doing well for Arkane.

Salsa

Oh god, the pre-mission store is so Thief.

I played for a few minutes and I'm reminded about how much I like this IP. I hope it's doing well for Arkane.

did way better than anyone expected. Dishonored 2 is all but confirmed

Prodigal

Banned
I'm only on level 3 of Dishonored and I'm trying to see if I just read a big spoiler for the story. I was reading on wikipedia about the very beginning just to clear up something and saw that it says that
Daud kills the Empress.
I feel like I just read a giant twist lol.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I'm only on level 3 of Dishonored and I'm trying to see if I just read a big spoiler for the story. I was reading on wikipedia about the very beginning just to clear up something and saw that it says that
Daud kills the Empress.
I feel like I just read a giant twist lol.

Not really. You just meet the guy that did it later on and he's an interesting character himself. That's why I'm looking forward to this DLC.

Well, at least having the Drunken Whaler song looping in my head again will get the Daft Punk snippet out. Hoping to pick this up next couple days, looking forward to more impressions.

Moff

I'll go gome in about 7 hours. I expect to know until then if this is
a) any good
b) at least 2 to 3 hours long

Top Bottom