• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dissidia 012 [duodecim] Final Fantasy |OT| - better than your fanfiction

I just confirmed it.

Going in to the labyrinth resets all characters abilities who have +CP accessories equipped. Every last one, because they can show up as a potential "party" member.

Edit:

I think I'm done with this. I've beaten 012/013, but I don't have the gear or experience levels to tackle 000 and I don't want to play the story modes over and over until I get to the point where I can handle 000.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Anyone know if there's a database that has all the items/summon stones/trading materials where you can find their locatins or how to obtain them?

... The one thing I dislike about this game is looking into the shop and seeing that you need X material, and wondering "well where the hell do I get that?". I wish they would mention if it was a Battlegen material, or a dunegon treasure or what.

Ezalc

So I'm trying to beat Feral Chaos, but this motherfucker has that shitty accessory that boosts his attack and defense to bullshit levels. How am I supposed to down the motherfucker?

Ezalc said:
So I'm trying to beat Feral Chaos, but this motherfucker has that shitty accessory that boosts his attack and defense to bullshit levels. How am I supposed to down the motherfucker?
Spam Mega Flare with Yuna. Four times out of five, he'll fail to dodge it.

rataven

Adam Prime said:
Anyone know if there's a database that has all the items/summon stones/trading materials where you can find their locatins or how to obtain them?

... The one thing I dislike about this game is looking into the shop and seeing that you need X material, and wondering "well where the hell do I get that?". I wish they would mention if it was a Battlegen material, or a dunegon treasure or what.
I don't know about anywhere online, but the strategy guide I preordered ages ago, and forgot about, arrived yesterday and is full of tables on this sort of thing. So might be worth a purchase?

Otherwise, you'll come across a lot the components in 000, and you can also purchase the upgrade from the PP catalog that causes components to drop more often. This will help rack up things like mythril, crystal, etc. so you can trade for better items in the shop.

If there's something specific you're looking for, let me know and I'll check the guide.

xero273

Adam Prime said:

http://dissidiaforums.com/showthread.php?8210-Where-to-find-treasure-in-Scenario-000

not sure if that helps. but lists where you can find stuff in 000

rataven

RiderKairuu said:
How in depth is the guide? Is it worth picking up?
It's just over 350 pages. The character section includes official art and a look at the alts (minus DLC) and details when you'll learn new HP or Brv abilities. There's a huge section on all three scenarios, and a nice chapter covering the Labryinth that includes a map. Also has detailed tables for just about every item in the game, which is probably the bulk of the value.

But I wouldn't say the guide is necessary. The in-game manual is more than enough, and that will really teach you the mechanics of the game. The guide does makes a nice supplement though. Only $12.50 on amazon.

Ah ok cool. I've already finished 012-013 and gonna start working on 000, I may just end up buying it anyway for collection purposes.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Man its taking me forever to get through the 013 story... trying to stay at the Battle Line and sometimes a few fights take me a while.

Not really going for ALL the treasure that I come across, I figure most of hte good stuff anyways is in 000 dunegon.

rataven

Adam Prime said:
Man its taking me forever to get through the 013 story... trying to stay at the Battle Line and sometimes a few fights take me a while.

Not really going for ALL the treasure that I come across, I figure most of hte good stuff anyways is in 000 dunegon.
You might want to grab that treasure now. I believe that's where you'll pick up everyone's base exclusive weapon. Saves you the backtracking later.

If some of those manikins are too tough, dip into 000 for a bit. You'll earn a ton of gil and components so you can get better equips for 013. Sticking with the bonus line in 013 really takes a hit off your stats, so I had to do this to beat a few of the tougher manikins.

Wazzim

Banned
Just played my first couple of hours and holy shit at the scale, much more content than the original Dissidia. My only gripe is that I couldn't convert my JPN save of the original.

duckroll

The DLC costume for Vaan coming with this month's V-Jump is going to be an original pirate costume designed by Yoshida. There's only a crappy black and white scan so far, but I don't really like how it looks. :/

Actually I'm just bitter because I can't use any of these exclusive PSN code-only costumes, and they're not selling them on PSN yet. Arghhhhhhhh.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
duckroll said:
The DLC costume for Vaan coming with this month's V-Jump is going to be an original pirate costume designed by Yoshida. There's only a crappy black and white scan so far, but I don't really like how it looks. :/

Actually I'm just bitter because I can't use any of these exclusive PSN code-only costumes, and they're not selling them on PSN yet. Arghhhhhhhh.

Link to pics?

Big One said:
Lol @ Vaan's new costume. Was expecting Reks or something, never seen this design before.
From what I understand, Yoshida designed this outfit specifically for Dissidia. Just like Hideo Minaba was brought in to design Zidane's and Kuja's DLC Alts. From what I see (from the crappy scan) I like it. Good old cheesy pirate design.

Aru

I've waited enough to buy the game. 21.85£ is a good enough price :p
I'm ordering and joining you guys in a week, I hope :D

jiggle

28mlft1.png

Ellis Kim

Banned
Gunslinger Yuna? Expected, but disappointing. I was hoping for one of her other dress spheres.

Moogle mascot outfit or bust

Trike

duckroll said:

Is there any chance of the codes being put up for sale? Thinking of getting the game, but I want the pre-order costumes too. Also I didn't finish the first one all the way through, will it really matter if I just skip to this one?

In the first one I beat the game as the heroes and villains, but then a third thing opened up that I never got to finish.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
GoldandBlue said:
Color/Non-scan look at Vaan's DLC.

Bahaha I love it! I find myself using only characters with sweet Alts.

So far: Yuna Alt2, WoL Alt2, Cloud Alt1, Kain Alt1&2 ... are my favorites. I would be down for DLC Zidane, Vann, and Yuna!

... right now I'm trying to work on getting better with Yuna. She has great attacks, but she seems like a very up close attacker to get most of her good stuff to hit: Air Shiva Brave and HP. I don't know, maybe because she's a summon magic user in the game, it seems "wrong" that I would use her as an upclose fighter in this game. Her ranged stuff is only so so, I've found.

... also really like Kain and WoL. Anyone who are 'good' with these characters, have any recommended setups?

Do you guys roll with Auto Chase and Auto Recover as a skill?

frogg609

So last night I was in Sage's Path Gateway, and I kept getting killed near the end of it. Is there a way to restore life or do I just need to redo it and try to get better?

xion4360

frogg609 said:
So last night I was in Sage's Path Gateway, and I kept getting killed near the end of it. Is there a way to restore life or do I just need to redo it and try to get better?

well there are cure's you can take with you. They will restore your HP. Buy one off a moogle with KP

Any word on more US DLC? I know there's a way to get the JPN DLC to work with the US version but I'd rather wait. I really want Sephiroths KH alt.

Oyashiro

I just beat the 012 story last night. Kinda confused on what exactly happened, guess I'll read that plot analysis when I have some time.

I started the 013 story (WoL's, actually) and I don't really get why I start off dungeons with like -23KP. Am I supposed to lower my level to the one suggested before you enter the dungeon? What exactly does that change?

xero273

Oyashiro said:
I just beat the 012 story last night. Kinda confused on what exactly happened, guess I'll read that plot analysis when I have some time.

I started the 013 story (WoL's, actually) and I don't really get why I start off dungeons with like -23KP. Am I supposed to lower my level to the one suggested before you enter the dungeon? What exactly does that change?

overleveled. Basically the dunegon has a bonus line or whatever it is called. So if the lvl is
13 and you are at lvl 36. Then you are overleveled by 23. So 36 - 13 = 23. That is why you are -23kp. Lower your lvl to the suggested lvl and you won't have negative kp

Oyashiro

xero273 said:
overleveled. Basically the dunegon has a bonus line or whatever it is called. So if the lvl is
13 and you are at lvl 36. Then you are overleveled by 23. So 36 - 13 = 23. That is why you are -23kp. Lower your lvl to the suggested lvl and you won't have negative kp
Gotcha, thanks. That makes sense.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
I'm on the last three characters on 013 and I'm just over leveling all the dungeons to win in 1-hit. I'm ready to get on the 000 storyline.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
The other DLCs dates for Europe.
13th April: Zidane costume (€0.79 / £0.59)
13th April: Kuja costume (€0.79 / £0.59)
20th April: Three song pack from Final Fantasy IX (€0.99 / £0.79)
20th April: Five song pack from Final Fantasy I (€0.99 / £0.79)
27th April: Sepiroth costume (€0.79 / £0.59)
27th April: Three song pack from Final Fantasy VII (€0.99 / £0.79)
4th May: Laguna costume (€0.79 / £0.59)
4th May: Three song pack from Final Fantasy VIII (€0.99 / £0.79)
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-04-13-dissidia-012-dlc-detailed

duckroll

Yuna's Gunner costume is hitting JP PSN next week:

ddff02.jpg

ddff03.jpg

Vaan's original pirate outfit will also be available if you buy the issue of V Jump coming out next week and use the DL Code:

ddff05.jpg
ddff06.jpg

ddff07.jpg

Music Packs for FFX and FFXII will also be available.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
That's all some good shit, hope it makes it state side.

... I just started 000 Story Mode. I can tell this is going to be tough! Are there any ways to tell what are the "conditions" that unlock the good treasure chests in dungeons? I just tried the very first red one that you come across, and I defeated everyone but didn't unlock the chest.

jorgeton

This game is a huge time sink. 60 hours of my life have disappeared into it. And as some have said before in this thread, labyrinth mode is amazing. It takes the Battle Colisseum from pt 1 (which was my favorite part), and adds a bunch more complexity to it.

Does anyone ever play the VS modes through ad hoc party? I dipped my feet in that pool last weekend and got decimated. Will try again this coming weekend, hopefully all the time I've spent mastering my character's abilities will pay off...

jorgeton said:
This game is a huge time sink. 60 hours of my life have disappeared into it. And as some have said before in this thread, labyrinth mode is amazing. It takes the Battle Colisseum from pt 1 (which was my favorite part), and adds a bunch more complexity to it.

Does anyone ever play the VS modes through ad hoc party? I dipped my feet in that pool last weekend and got decimated. Will try again this coming weekend, hopefully all the time I've spent mastering my character's abilities will pay off...

I haven't played on ad hoc yet but I'd like to! I usually play with friends in person (no equips/accs/summons) just straight brawl. I'd like to play different folks and improve my game. There's seems to be only a hand full of us here at the moment but it would be cool to play against everyone.

fernoca

Well, after playing the hell out of the first one and got a friend into it..then ignoring everything about it since I knew it would be good anyway; I just got 012 (mostly thanks to that same friend). :)

Don't know if I'll main Cloud again like in the first one, but wow! I'm really liking it so far..plus the one song I wanted in the first one (Force your Way from VIII) made it to this one.; so that automatically makes it better! XD

As with The 3rd Birthday, no digital booklet for Go-version; oh well.

Top Bottom