• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dissidia 012 [duodecim] Final Fantasy |OT| - better than your fanfiction

duckroll

My Dissidia012 has started talking to me. This is really weird. I booted it up and the Square Enix logo had a "Square Enix" voice over, and the title screen had a "Dissidia Duodecim" voice over. Wut.

duckroll said:
My Dissidia012 has started talking to me. This is really weird. I booted it up and the Square Enix logo had a "Square Enix" voice over, and the title screen had a "Dissidia Duodecim" voice over. Wut.
That started happening to me too. I think it's because today's my bonus day, though.

duckroll

Lucky Number Seven Force said:
That started happening to me too. I think it's because today's my bonus day, though.

No, I think it might be an April 1st thing. Today's definitely not my bonus day.

Just checked around a bit. Apparently, different characters from the game will do a little voice over for the SE logo and title screens seemingly at random.

rataven

Just checked around a bit. Apparently, different characters from the game will do a little voice over for the SE logo and title screens seemingly at random.
Yea, I read about this somewhere too. Hasn't happened to me yet, but kind of a fun easter egg. I need to hear Kain say this.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
WTF you guys actually boot out of the game to the XMB?

I've had this game in Sleep Mode since turning it on the first time! You guys act like you have something else to do on the PSP lol

duckroll

Adam Prime said:
WTF you guys actually boot out of the game to the XMB?

I've had this game in Sleep Mode since turning it on the first time! You guys act like you have something else to do on the PSP lol

I do. It's called copying recorded videos to my PC!

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
duckroll said:
I do. It's called copying recorded videos to my PC!

Oh man I totally forgot about that feature! I haven't had any epic wins just yet though that warrant recording. :(

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Still hooked on freaking Labyrinth mode! Shit is great. I haven't done a serious run yet where I wanted to keep all my equipment. I usually just do small runs to reach branching points, then go for broke and fight tough enemies.

... I think at some point though I need to start at the beginning and massively build up medals and buy equipment for cash. It seems that the only way you're ever able to afford Cave Items at the shops is to have a lot of Battlegen items... which means you gotta fight a lot of battles. As well as have some cash to spend.

Anyone know if the 'deeper' you progress through the Labyrinth, will you pick up more Cave items or be able to obtain them 'easier'? I'm at 22%, and like I said the only time I've ever been able to come across the necessary materials and funds to afford anything is when I start at the very front of the Labyrinth and grind through lots of enemies and get lots of items. Normally though, it seems that you'll never be able to obtain any cave items in short runs. Maybe, it was designed that way?

deim0s

15 hours in and it seems I'm enjoying this game than the first one - which after 2 hours, I ditched into the trash due to dudes beating the shit outta me in adhoc.

Is there a way to find things like Mythril or any of the pickups for combinting/trading items in the shop or should I just replay the shit out of the first 7 story chapters?

@Adam Prime
Labyrinth mode?

xero273

deim0s said:
15 hours in and it seems I'm enjoying this game than the first one - which after 2 hours, I ditched into the trash due to dudes beating the shit outta me in adhoc.

Is there a way to find things like Mythril or any of the pickups for combinting/trading items in the shop or should I just replay the shit out of the first 7 story chapters?

@Adam Prime
Labyrinth mode?

You can find them in Scenario 000

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/605802-dissidia-012-duodecim-final-fantasy/58609637

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
deim0s said:

@Adam Prime
Labyrinth mode?

Labyrinth mode is unlocked after finishing the 012 story. There's a great post outlining what it is a few posts up by Duckroll. All in all, it's a fun way to play the game. It gives the game real tension, a fear of what will happen if you lose a battle, and true combat skill... which lacks a bit for the most part in the story mode.

duckroll

Hmmm... the overpriced FFIV music pack DLC vanished from the Asian PSN Store. I wonder if it's going to be reissued later at the "regular" low price instead.

I can't get into this at all :( I'm not sure whether it's slight burnout after finishing a few games recently but I loved the first Dissidia (and I mean loved. It was up there on my GOTY list and remains one of my PSP favourites) and this just feels frustrating by comparison. Maybe it's just that the two characters I've used so far in the story mode (Lightning and Vaan) aren't suited to the way I usually play the game, but I'm constantly frustrated by the boss battles. I could level up a bit, but I don't feel much desire to :/
Any other fans of the first game feeling the same way?

xion4360

jaja yea started happening to me too I was like WTF? hehe

also annoyed at the IGN ppl calling it DUODEKUM... no clue where they got that from, especially when it's pronounced out loud in the trailers

xion4360 said:
jaja yea started happening to me too I was like WTF? hehe

also annoyed at the IGN ppl calling it DUODEKUM... no clue where they got that from, especially when it's pronounced out loud in the trailers
As far as I know, Duodecim is supposed to be pronounced with a hard "C" sound, rather than a hard "S", which makes actually makes IGN's pronunciation the correct one and Square Enix's the incorrect one.

Of course, if SE had named the game something more practical, we probably wouldn't be having this conversation.

Edvardelis said:
Go into the options and switch the CPU to Moderate.

I think you just saved this game for me! :O

Granted, it's now more or less ridiculously easy, but until I re-familiarise myself with the mechanics it'll do nicely :)

duckroll

Haha, the FFIV BGM Pack is back on the Asia PSN Stores! Now it's at the same low price as all the other DLC! Woohoo! Lol.

Skilletor

frogg609 said:
Really? I didn't know that. Rad!

Dissidia 012 is a prequel to the first Dissidia. After you finish Dissidia 012, the campaign for the first dissidia becomes available.

Or so I hear. I haven't done it yet.

rataven

frogg609 said:
Also, I usually pick up guides for fighting games (movelists, etc). Is the guide for this worthwhile or trash?
Argh, the guide. It's had numerous delays, and still doesn't seem to be out. Though Amazon lists it's release for this Friday.

I will say the guide for the first game was great. Lots of detailed lists and useful gameplay explanation. Though the in-game manual is also excellent and probably covers all you really need to know. Plus, it features some amusing cameos from non-playable characters.

xion4360

As far as I know, Duodecim is supposed to be pronounced with a hard "C" sound, rather than a hard "S", which makes actually makes IGN's pronunciation the correct one and Square Enix's the incorrect one.

Of course, if SE had named the game something more practical, we probably wouldn't be having this conversation.

well that doesnt really matter

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Skilletor said:
Dissidia 012 is a prequel to the first Dissidia. After you finish Dissidia 012, the campaign for the first dissidia becomes available.

Or so I hear. I haven't done it yet.

True that. And then there's an additional story mode after you finish 013 as well as another stand alone "Arcade Mode" that you unlock after finishing 012 story.

Has anyone else had their DLC just up and stop working?

I've lost the following at one point or another:
Aerith the assist character.
Tifa's DLC costume.
Lightning's DLC costume.

Lost as in I can't choose them where appropriate.

The fix is to redownload and reimport the things.

Haven't seen Warrior of Light's DLC die yet, but at this rate I expect it to happen. :-/

duckroll

Edvardelis said:
Has anyone else had their DLC just up and stop working?

I've lost the following at one point or another:
Aerith the assist character.
Tifa's DLC costume.
Lightning's DLC costume.

Lost as in I can't choose them where appropriate.

The fix is to redownload and reimport the things.

Haven't seen Warrior of Light's DLC die yet, but at this rate I expect it to happen. :-/

Did you copy something from another account over to your PSP hence changing the activation?

duckroll said:
Did you copy something from another account over to your PSP hence changing the activation?

Nope.

One account and only one account.

Sometimes I log in from the PC, usually from the PS3, almost never from the PSP, but it's one account.

duckroll

I grabbed all the available DLC this week again. Got the FFIV, FFVII, and FFVIII music packs, and both Sephiroth and Laguna's costumes. Can't... resist... one... buck... DLCs. :(

Videos:

Laguna (w/Liberi Fatali): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvePEQalmQA

Sephiroth (w/Electric de Chocobo): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WI3koyNVkzQ

Screens:

JcJED.jpg
XZmoT.jpg

NDBZK.jpg
CyCfI.jpg

Ju3q7.jpg

I'm gonna be sad if NA prices are closer to the Japanese pricing. :(

If that becomes the case, all I'll be getting is the Zidane DLC and FFIX tracks.

xero273

yea, the japanese pricing makes me :( should've bought the asian version like duckroll.

Looks like I'll probably only get FFVIII music pack and Sephiroth kh costume

rataven

So they didn't release KH Cloud with the VII stuff? Bummer. I was hoping he'd come out with it.

Otherwise, I like that alt for Sephy; it's pretty sleek when he's not in EX mode. Laguna's, not so much. Will probably grab both music packs though.

duckroll

Surprisingly, there's no announcement for next week's DLC though. So maybe, just MAYBE, next week they'll be releasing the pre-order bonus costumes as pay-DLC instead! I hope. :(

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Man I REALLY hope we get some BGM and Costume DLC. Maybe they're just waiting to release it as one pack... with the amount of time that I've put into this game, I have no problem putting more money into the game for some more content. I think I've hit 35+ hours and see no signs of slowing down on this game...

Right now just grinding through the 013 Story Modes. Want to finish them all and unlock the 000 Dungeon and start getting some crazy loot. And I make some fun Labyrinth runs every now and then to test my skills!

Started the game up this morning and every single one of my characters had their abilities reset.

Every last one.

Not the assist, not the equipment, not the accessories, not even which costume I picked, but every last ability ... back to the defaults.

Only thing I can think of is the game complaining that I had a +CP accessory equipped when I went into the Labyrinth yesterday, but I only tried that with one or two characters, not all of them.

duckroll

Edvardelis said:
Started the game up this morning and every single one of my characters had their abilities reset.

Every last one.

Not the assist, not the equipment, not the accessories, not even which costume I picked, but every last ability ... back to the defaults.

Only thing I can think of is the game complaining that I had a +CP accessory equipped when I went into the Labyrinth yesterday, but I only tried that with one or two characters, not all of them.

Are you using custom firmware or something? Sounds like either your save got totally glitched out, or there's some sort of weird anti-cheat thing going on.

duckroll said:
Are you using custom firmware or something? Sounds like either your save got totally glitched out, or there's some sort of weird anti-cheat thing going on.

It's a PSP-3000, I couldn't load custom firmware on it even if I wanted to.

Heck the game is the UMD version using the max data install.

It's really odd. The original Dissidia never gave me a single problem.

Edit:
Seems like you can install custom firmware, but I haven't done that. I'm at 6.37.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Edvardelis said:

Every last one.

Woah, that is a nutty glitch. And that sucks! You should scour the internet to see if anyone else had that issue.

... it seems impossible that there would be any equipment or item that would reset the AP in all the abilities.

Aru

I assume importing saves is region locked and I can't import my PAL Dissidia save in Asia English (found on the HK store) version of Duodecim ?

Top Bottom