• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Divinity: Original Sin |OT| Sandbox RPG. Co-Op friendly. Bread.

Did I miss a big section of the game? I followed the murder mystery through to its end, entered
Lucella Woods
and
talked to the mushroom outside the witch's cabin.
. The next two areas I discovered was the
Immaculate initiation area with level 14 spiders and goblins
, and
the area with the female Orc miniboss that are all level 12. I'm almost level 10, and these fights are difficult as hell
. I'm making slow progress through the orc area, but it seems weird that the enemies immediately jumped up 3 levels.

In the forest, I wanna say slightly northeast of the white witch hut(but might be somewhere else not 100% sure), there's a small path going up with a bunch of mines and traps and at the end a chest with a scroll to remove the barrier around the witch hut and a note from Maradino. Think it was next to the group of drunken goblins and the large plant. Use that scroll and go that way, the white witch quest is 10-12, rest of the zone is 13-14 or so then higher as you progress.

Torraz

Do we have any information regarding at what level certain stats start appearing on items?

For example, I think I saw +1 intelligence sarongs at around level 9, and that staffs starting having +2 (instead of +1) intelligence around level 11.

--

Also just had my first small disappointment: (Hiberheim spoilers)
So before the fight of the conduit, I used invisibility and stole the blood stone. The fight still progressed as normal, and the stone disappeared from my inventory

I can't sneak past the DKs in the mines to save my life

wtf

You can use invisibility instead. Otherwise make sure to give some sneak gear to whoever's sneaking and only use one character to do it, it's much easier to solo sneak past stuff than to have your whole team lagging behind you when you need to change direction quickly because a patrol is coming.

Most difficult thing for me right now is figuring out who to turn into my craftsmen! I've remade my team about 4x now lol, always seem to do that in these types of games.

And even after my 4th restart, still finding things in the first area surround the town I did not find the times before. Somehow totally skipped the old church in my last playthrough of the opening area.

I think my next team will consist of 2 people hell bent on killing everyone, just for kicks.

I couldn't help myself a killed the guards down in the legion prison my first time through. I saw the chest and the potential for magic items inside so yeah, greed took over

Dezzy

If I only want to use the two companions and no henchmen, what should I make my own two characters focus on for a good team? I love these kind of games, but I'm bad at character building.

If I only want to use the two companions and no henchmen, what should I make my own two characters focus on for a good team? I love these kind of games, but I'm bad at character building.

Get Lone Wolf as a trait on starting skill. It prevents you from having henchmen, but gives hefty boosts to compensate. Do it on char creation, don't pick it later, since you get additional skill points on level up so the earliest the better. One of the 2 chars should preferably be a mage, and you'll want to get EVERYTHING. But really just put 1pt in every magic school, disregard almost everything else.

I wrote a very long post a couple of pages back(well depends on how many posts per page you have I guess but just look for a large text heavy post) on basic tips to play a double lone wolf.

Decado

Most difficult thing for me right now is figuring out who to turn into my craftsmen! I've remade my team about 4x now lol, always seem to do that in these types of games.

Don't see the big deal. Craftsmen and Blacksmith should largely be based on skills you get on equipment, with only one or two points actually placed into it.

Well, unless you want to roleplay in a particular way, which is perfectly understandable.

So I'm near the end in the
Source Temple and I can't get through the stupid test where I'm supposed to destroy the correct statue behind the doors. I've managed to destroy two of them correctly, but no matter which one I choose behind the earth door I get sent back to the beginning. Am I missing something or is my game glitched?

EDIT: I figured it out.

BPoole

Only read spoiler if you have finished all of Cyseal and moved onto the second town:

The "Defeat bosses before you should be able to" thread got me thinking; can you kill Evelyn when she is working in the clinic and not have to fight her later on?

Realyn

Some early game questions.

My guys are level 7 and so far I've "only" finished(killed pirate and the big beast) the pirate cave. However I wasn't able to find the head. Did I miss something or do I just have to come back?

For the love of god I can't find Evelyn's hideout. I've searched all around the beach next to Cyseal and up to the beach in the northwest. Also around the abandoned house in the east. Will I run into it at some point or did I miss a major clue? Not looking for the exact position please.

Some early game questions.

My guys are level 7 and so far I've "only" finished(killed pirate and the big beast) the pirate cave. However I wasn't able to find the head. Did I miss something or do I just have to come back?

For the love of god I can't find Evelyn's hideout. I've searched all around the beach next to Cyseal and up to the beach in the northwest. Also around the abandoned house in the east. Will I run into it at some point or did I miss a major clue? Not looking for the exact position please.

For the head, it's actually in town, it's the talking head in the area to the south with performers, from the legion's headquarters just follow the road south or so and you'll reach that area.

Evelyn's hideout is on a 3rd beach, you get access to it eventually if you complete all your quests, can't really miss it. Can't really skip it either I believe so just keep going.

Realyn

For the head, it's actually in town, it's the talking head in the area to the south with performers, from the legion's headquarters just follow the road south or so and you'll reach that area.

Evelyn's hideout is on a 3rd beach, you get access to it eventually if you complete all your quests, can't really miss it. Can't really skip it either I believe so just keep going.

Well, I just wanted to know if I missed to finish that quest while being in that cave. And not really _where_ the hideout is.

Thanks anyway ... I guess.

Well, I just wanted to know if I missed to finish that quest while being in that cave. And not really _where_ the hideout is.

Thanks anyway ... I guess.

Hmm my bad I thought since the quest mentionned it was on a beach to begin with so didn't feel saying it was another beach, as in you didn't miss it, would be a spoiler.

Realyn

Hmm my bad I thought since the quest mentionned it was on a beach to begin with so didn't feel saying it was another beach, as in you didn't miss it, would be a spoiler.

When did the quest mention that? Quest log and the documents only speak of a hidden lab.

When did the quest mention that? Quest log and the documents only speak of a hidden lab.

Hmm well it's kinda a spoiler and you might have missed that.

In her diary you find in town, it mentions the hideout is on a beach. It updates the Murder Investigation quest to also mention it's on a beach.

Realyn

Hmm well it's kinda a spoiler and you might have missed that.

In her diary you find in town, it mentions the hideout is on a beach. It updates the Murder Investigation quest to also mention it's on a beach.

Damn, must have missed that diary. Guess that's the reason why her house is still marked on my map. Only found the 2 other documents and reveal spell. Thanks!

DBT85

Steve and Laura are are terrifying lvl3 double act. Enjoying it so far!

Just off to the
lighthouse
. Annoyed that I didn't have enough strength to
lift the lid off the crypt

EDIT: No i'm not!!!! RUUUUUNNNN

Finished the game after 77 hours. Great game and definitely my GOTY so far. I can only hope that Wasteland 2 and the other cRPGs that are coming fairly soon are at least this good. Some puzzles were pretty shitty, but overall it was still a solid game. It was mostly fun and finally no hand-holding in a RPG.

Steve and Laura are are terrifying lvl3 double act. Enjoying it so far!

Just off to the
lighthouse
. Annoyed that I didn't have enough strength to
lift the lid off the crypt

EDIT: No i'm not!!!! RUUUUUNNNN

thankfully I had a minor strength potion to swig for that, one thing i despise is backtracking these days. Dunno why since I used to love Super Metroid.

Don't see the big deal. Craftsmen and Blacksmith should largely be based on skills you get on equipment, with only one or two points actually placed into it.

Well, unless you want to roleplay in a particular way, which is perfectly understandable.

I would much rather get Two Handed or some other type of skill from my equipment compared to simple crafting skills. Therein lies the debacle. But yeah, it is " only " 9-10 points, but in this game, it takes quite a long time to build up those points.

Stevey

I wonder how well this has sold?

It's back as the top seller on Steam, and I don't think it's been out the top 3 since it released.

Well deserved IMO.

DBT85

I wonder how well this has sold?

It's back as the top seller on Steam, and I don't think it's been out the top 3 since it released.

Well deserved IMO.

My brother bought it today 2 hours after I did. I hadn't even spoken to him about it, I just posted on FB that I was playing it.

Ourobolus

Banned
IAmRandom31 said:
I would much rather get Two Handed or some other type of skill from my equipment compared to simple crafting skills. Therein lies the debacle. But yeah, it is " only " 9-10 points, but in this game, it takes quite a long time to build up those points.
You know you can just keep an extra set of equipment with crafting buffs. I do the same for pick pocketing/lock picking.

Stevey

Yeah I kept an amulet that boosted loremaster throughout the game, as I didn't want to pay to identify items.

Gazoinks

I'm a little annoyed that there's an AP penalty for casting higher level spells without having enough points in a skill. Unless I'm blind, it's not mentioned anywhere so I only discovered it when I bought and equipped a new spell. :x Ah well, I just took Glass Cannon so I'm rolling in AP anyway!

Realyn

I'm a little annoyed that there's an AP penalty for casting higher level spells without having enough points in a skill. Unless I'm blind, it's not mentioned anywhere so I only discovered it when I bought and equipped a new spell. :x Ah well, I just took Glass Cannon so I'm rolling in AP anyway!

It says so when you mouse over that magic class. "dDetermines how many AP points ..." something. But I agree, sometimes the game tries to be too clever. See the non existing crafting tutorial.

Gazoinks

It says so when you mouse over that magic class. "dDetermines how many AP points ..." something. But I agree, sometimes the game tries to be too clever. See the non existing crafting tutorial.

Okay, so I am actually blind. :D

Anyways, really loving the game so far. It kind of came out of nowhere for me, but I heard positive word of mouth recently and yeah! Would be very surprised if this isn't my GOTY at this point.

Sentenza

I'm pretty sure there's a point in the tutorial dungeon that suggests you try crafting an arrow or something.

Even if it doesn't, the game's manual certainly talks about it. Page 34.
Beside, crafting in this game isn't a matter to understand some obscure subsystem, just to know the right recipes... And the "tutorial" for these recipes exists in the form of... Pretty much every single book in the game with very few exceptions.

Realyn

I'm pretty sure there's a point in the tutorial dungeon that suggests you try crafting an arrow or something.

Even if it doesn't, the game's manual certainly talks about it. Page 34.

Yes, but the game simply doesn't tell you to drag items on top of each other. Which in itself isn't quite crystal clear. You might have the right idea just to try 5 different combinations without anything happening.

DBT85

Bah,

I cant beat the
fire skeleton dude heading toward the church, or the dudes at the lighthouse or even the wolves to the southeast.

Still lvl 3

You know you can just keep an extra set of equipment with crafting buffs. I do the same for pick pocketing/lock picking.

Yes .... yes I could

well-i-feel-sheepish_4566753_GIFSoup.com-z7gv1p.gif

gschmidl

Only read spoiler if you have finished all of Cyseal and moved onto the second town:

The "Defeat bosses before you should be able to" thread got me thinking; can you kill Evelyn when she is working in the clinic and not have to fight her later on?

You
can kill her, but she's a necromancer and you fight her in zombie form

Finalow

You
can kill her, but she's a necromancer and you fight her in zombie form
so good. I'm assuming that something also happens if you kill the other guy.

anyway, during the final battles of the game, if
Astarte
dies, you get a pretty funny game over sequence. I'm not sure if it's the same even if your party dies but I guess so.

xenist

If your party dies it's the regular "Your party has been defeated" window.

Keeping Astarte alive was the biggest problem I had in the fight. By far.

Keeping Astarte alive was the biggest problem I had in the fight. By far.

Put Absorb the Elements on her then spam Boulder Bash on her every turn to stun crap around her AND heal her for obscene amounts. Easy. At first I was trying to kill the things but since they all seem to go for her I've found the boulder bash spam was a lot easier, while I killed the big guy.

DBT85

Well, I've managed to reach somewhat of an impasse at the moment, I guess I'll hae to bu some scrolls. I'm lvl 4, and can't beat any of the remaining battles that I can get to in Cyseal.

The Lighthouse, the fire dude on the bridge to the church, the other fire dudes near the cemetery, the wolves, the bone guys on the far east.
Clearly I need something extra so the next change I get to play I'll have to try something!

Probably doesn't help that I have a bag full of crap and no scrolls or fancy arrows.

Well, I've managed to reach somewhat of an impasse at the moment, I guess I'll hae to bu some scrolls. I'm lvl 4, and can't beat any of the remaining battles that I can get to in Cyseal.

The Lighthouse, the fire dude on the bridge to the church, the other fire dudes near the cemetery, the wolves, the bone guys on the far east.
Clearly I need something extra so the next change I get to play I'll have to try something!

Probably doesn't help that I have a bag full of crap and no scrolls or fancy arrows.

At 4 you should be able to take on the
lighthouse. Everything to the east is kinda lvl 6ish so not really expected to do well there
. Have you done the quests in town? They might get you to level 5 I forgot exactly what level you get before the
lighthouse
. There's also
a well you can enter that connects to Cyseal via the graveyard
, has a few monsters in there for some easy xp they're like lvl 4. Do you have a full party? Did you steal a bunch of stuff in town to afford some skill books for your characters? Don't need everything but do want a decent amount of skills. Can always turn difficulty down to easy(or normal if you're on hard) to kill the boss or a pack of mobs if that gets you a level, might not though.

Top Bottom