• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Divinity: Original Sin |OT| Sandbox RPG. Co-Op friendly. Bread.

Santiako

For anyone with the Beta installed, can you check and see if the inventory backpacks are working? The last update seems to have introduced a bug into my game at least.

They didn't work yesterday, today's small update seems to have fixed that, at least on my game.

Quixzlizx

I voted for the RPG group in the Community Vote for all of you guys who missed the daily, even though I own all four games in that group already :p

MayMay

Banned
So, if it wins the Community Vote I might buy it - since I wasnt sure at the daily. Since it's a Coop RPG, is it fun in SP? I don't have anyone to play it with, so Id only get it if it's 100% satisfying to play alone.

Corpekata

Banned
So, if it wins the Community Vote I might buy it - since I wasnt sure at the daily. Since it's a Coop RPG, is it fun in SP? I don't have anyone to play it with, so Id only get it if it's 100% satisfying to play alone.

Perfectly playable in SP. Haven't co-oped at all and I'm really amped to get my hands on the full release.

Anyone offering a key for this for cheaper than the Steam discount? (Russian trading?) I keep debating whether I should get this or just buy BG2 since it's on sale.

Sentenza

For anyone who has played through the beta, is there any reason to install this on an SSD?
Excluding the initial load (which is roughly 30 seconds, anyway) in the rest of the game loading times are virtually non-existent, so I would say it's a bit of waste, unless you have a lot of unused SSD to spare.

Arulan

Beta's initial load times are pretty long still. Was a lot worse earlier but I'll probably be installing the full game on mine.

Excluding the initial load (which is roughly 30 seconds, anyway) in the rest of the game loading times are virtually non-existent, so I would say it's a bit of waste, unless you have a lot of unused SSD to spare.

Thanks. If it's just the initial load then I won't bother with the SSD.

Zakalwe

Banned
Yeh, TF2 key prices might drop a bit if this goes on sale, worth waiting to see.

Also, Shadowrun Returns in 75% off atm. Just put a couple of hours or so into Xcom, and while I love the combat the lack of story doesn't keep me engaged for longer than a few rounds at a time. Shadowrun seems to have a really cool story so far, and the turn based combat is very similar to Xcom.

Recommend it to anyone who needs a turn based scratch over the weekend.

Dragonfall is only £4 or so too, worth getting both.

It's really good in SP, controlling both main characters feels quite novel, you can decide on how you're going to develop their personalities and role play their relationships quite well. I think I had more fun playing in SP than co-op (Even though co-op is very well done) simply because I could invest myself more in the characters and world.

If you like turn based rpgs, get it. If you don't, get it anyway. :p

MayMay

Banned
It's really good in SP, controlling both main characters feels quite novel, you can decide on how you're going to develop their personalities and role play their relationships quite well. I think I had more fun playing in SP than co-op (Even though co-op is very well done) simply because I could invest myself more in the characters and world.

If you like turn based rpgs, get it. If you don't, get it anyway. :p

Alright sweet, just bought it using some spare keys. Cheaper that way anyways.

So, the game releases Monday - right? OP says saves don't transfer over so I guess I'll just wait. Or is the release version already up and I can start playing without risking my save?

Ntsouls

Banned
Mmm. Crap. So close. I was hooked until you said tactical turn based. Maybe one day I'll be into this style or game. But for now...

I need to pass.

Zakalwe

Banned
Alright sweet, just bought it using some spare keys. Cheaper that way anyways.

So, the game releases Monday - right? OP says saves don't transfer over so I guess I'll just wait. Or is the release version already up and I can start playing without risking my save?

It doesn't release officially till Monday.

Saves won't carry, so it's probably best to wait. Only one more day!

Terra_Ex

If they're planning on revoking/disabling the EA keys that backers got, shouldn't they have put the new keys on larianvault by now? Hoping we're not going to have to endure another "Valve & the magic button" saga come Monday.

I've never bought anything with keys before, but is it cheaper to buy the game via trading keys than it is to buy it straight from the steam store? If so, why? Isn't the person trading the game to get keys just losing money they could've spent buying keys? I'm really baffled by the whole idea.

Terra_Ex

I've never bought anything with keys before, but is it cheaper to buy the game via trading keys than it is to buy it straight from the steam store? If so, why? Isn't the person trading the game to get keys just losing money they could've spent buying keys? I'm really baffled by the whole idea.
It will typically be cheaper, the prices in other regions (Russia, Brazil, etc) are lower, so people in those regions can buy the game and sell it on to you at a small profit and it'll still be far cheaper than you'd end up paying elsewhere in the world. Some pubs/devs don't like this (less money for them) and will impose some type of regional gifting lock on occasion.

ICKE

Banned
So can anyone say what one can expect from the story? I would assume they will continue their witty sort of dialogue from the first game, or is it more serious now?

If I'm going to buy this game, should I expect just a good combat RPG with extensive loot and multiplayer or a compelling story as in Baldurs Gate and what have you?

How is the co-op? Is it co-op through the entire campaign or is it just scenarios built specifically for co-op? Is progress through the story, items, etc saved for both parties or is it just the hosts game that is preserved?

Thanks!

Zakalwe

Banned
How is the co-op? Is it co-op through the entire campaign or is it just scenarios built specifically for co-op? Is progress through the story, items, etc saved for both parties or is it just the hosts game that is preserved?

Thanks!

The game is played with two main characters. You either control both in SP and get dialogue options between the two so you can build their relationship yourself, or play with a friend and control one each.

MP is drop in/out. You can either start together at the character creation screen so you each get a customised character, or just drop into someone else's open game (taking control of their second character). Whoever hosted the game to begin with keeps the save files on their PC, you won't be able to access that game or your MP character unless you can join the host's game You can't take your own SP character into another person's game.

In any of the scenarios, you play through the same content. SP or MP.

So can anyone say what one can expect from the story? I would assume they will continue their witty sort of dialogue from the first game, or is it more serious now?

If I'm going to buy this game, should I expect just a good combat RPG with extensive loot and multiplayer or a compelling story as in Baldurs Gate and what have you?

I'm not sure how compelling the overall story will be, but the dialogue and story elements so far have kept me interested. It doesn't take itself too seriously, everything seems to have a witty slant to it, but while the writing is of a good quality I don't think it's going to draw me in as much as the interactivity of the world and the combat.

It might surprise me of course, it would be great if it did have an amazing story too!

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Working for me, did you download the most recent patch (within the last few hours)?
They didn't work yesterday, today's small update seems to have fixed that, at least on my game.

Yes! The patch solved the issue. Now I just have to deal with Armors reverting back to the default skin tone. If my character had a light tone it would be bearable, but as of now it looks like they are running around in black face. Is there a fix for this? I have a few sets that work correctly, but the specific model below doesn't, and that current armor is my best.

Link

:/

You guys think it's worth getting the Source Hunter DLC? http://store.steampowered.com/app/306320/?l=english

The Divinity 2 soundtrack (also composed by Kirill Pokrovsky) was fantastic, so I'd say it's worth it for the soundtrack alone.

Also, I'm a fan of Larian's humour, so the trunks should - at the very least - be intruiging.

Those are the two big features of it, and, if you're a fan of them both, I'd definitely go for it.

It will typically be cheaper, the prices in other regions (Russia, Brazil, etc) are lower, so people in those regions can buy the game and sell it on to you at a small profit and it'll still be far cheaper than you'd end up paying elsewhere in the world. Some pubs/devs don't like this (less money for them) and will impose some type of regional gifting lock on occasion.

Ah thanks, I didn't think about regional pricing. That makes more sense now.

Santiako

Yes! The patch solved the issue. Now I just have to deal with Armors reverting back to the default skin tone. If my character had a light tone it would be bearable, but as of now it looks like they are running around in black face. Is there a fix for this? I have a few sets that work correctly, but the specific model below doesn't, and that current armor is my best.

Link

:/

I hadn't heard of that issue, but it looks hilarious haha

Wark

Anyone think there's a chance that it'll pop up during the encore day? If not, then I'll probably just pick it up at full price once the sales are over.

loganclaws

Plane Escape Torment
If I buy the game now, will I have access to the full game or just the first chapter? Is this the full version right now without the editor??

Eusis

Steam community has been horrible with the votes this sale.
This sale? They've always been completely awful, just that maybe their awfulness will at least get us some games we want depending on how they're paired up. And this might have been one of the better ones, just that FTL got more traction with the internet.

Well, there's still the Flash sale at least.

Top Bottom