• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DJ Hero | Official Thread

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Game is crazy fun, great songs too. I was angry I couldn't get one free at Best Buy too (bought Forza 3 as well and wanted Rachet & Clank), but oh well, great game.

1up

I'm still playing...since 1pm today. Almost got all the setlists unlocked playing through hard.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
robot said:
My Renegade case came bent out of shape and doesnt stay shut. Glad I only paid $45 for it, at $200 it's total crap. Hopefully I can get it replaced without having to send the entire set back to Amazon.

Game is ridiculous fun. My initial complaint was the small margin for error (especially when you need to go crossfading crazy) but I'm getting better. And scratching w/ the blue button was tough too but I developed a good technique for it. Set list is out of control too. Not sure what the complaints about the crossfaders center were, mine clicks in pretty well.
Just picked up my RE, my crossfader surprisingly has a decent click as well. Maybe it's specific to the RE?

kaskade

SHOTEH FOCK OP said:
There's a code on the back of the instruction manual that gets you a free stickersheet.
I would have probably never noticed that. I really want to mod this controller with some LEDs and stuff, I think it would be pretty cool if you could get it working to the beat of the music.

mjc

So I'm stumped with something. Is there any way to use your XBL headset with the turntable? I noticed the headphone jack next to the sync button...

Gave in and picked the standard edition up after work, and man, this game is fun! I do wish it had more modes, but the tutorial is solid and definitely helps in getting the grasp of things. I also would like more trance/techno, but the mixes that are in the game are really good. Overall, this game is absolute fun.

TheGreatDave said:
So what's the deal with Quickplay, can I choose to just play one song or not?

You can choose to play a 1 song "set list". You have to pick the song as part of the Quick Set List and then press start to play. I guess it isn't really "Quickplay", but you can just play 1 song using that method.

Been playing this almost straight since getting home from work at 4:00PM, it's really addicting. It took me a while to get the grasp of it but I'm rolling through medium fairly easily, I think I'm ready to move on to hard. My ring finger really hurts from scratching the blue button though, gotta start doing finger exercises or something.

kaskade

I'm liking the permanent no fail mode. It's almost more encouraging and seems to help me get better at the game. If it was Guitar Hero I would've just been like, fuck moving up I'm going to fail the song. This lets you play through the song, even if you don't do well so you can get a feel for it.

Wow, the Gamestop song codes are actually new DLC songs. I redeemed mine for PS3, and I got:

-Radio Ga Ga by Queen vs. All of Me by Mary J. Blige
-Can't Truss Us by Public Enemy vs. Dare by Gorillaz

So, I guess the promise of day 1 DLC hold true? Pretty, pretty cool.

DrAndonuts said:
Wow, the Gamestop song codes are actually new DLC songs. I redeemed mine for PS3, and I got:

Pretty, pretty cool.
Whoa, that is pretty cool. How are the two songs?

DrAndonuts said:

Pretty, pretty cool.

Wow, I hope those aren't exclusive to Gamestop. I'd like to play those in my copy of the game.

Has anybody noticed that sometimes you'll pick a venue for a setlist, but then you don't actually end up playing in that venue. I know I've picked the Mansion a couple times but ended up on the Main Stage instead.

Magik said:
So how's the build quality for the instrument?
I've got the standard edition and it feels great. The entire unit feels solid and is built well. The xbox buttons feel the same as the RB drum kit, and the buttons on the turntable have a nice click to them. I do wish the effects nob was a bit more stiff though, as it feels like I am going to break it off if I spin too hard. Overall though, I think that is made pretty well.

The game is awesome, I am surprised how quickly I took to Expert haven't gotten anything below 3 stars (yet, haven't played the Scratch Perverts set yet :D )

The Queen/Mary J Blige mix is great. Haven't tried the other yet. If the other DLC coming out is like this, we're in for some high quality tracks.

outsidah

I was surprised to see a whole bunch of folks picking this up today at BB... RE's and all. Where do you all find the space to store all these controllers? Drives me crazy.

I'm tempted to try this out, sounds fun. I'll wait till I see a store display.

outsidah said:
I was surprised to see a whole bunch of folks picking this up today at BB... RE's and all. Where do you all find the space to store all these controllers? Drives me crazy.

I'm tempted to try this out, sounds fun. I'll wait till I see a store display.
Actually the controller isn't really that big, it could easily fit on a shelf or something.

XiaNaphryz

dallow_bg

nods at old men
DrAndonuts said:

So, I guess the promise of day 1 DLC hold true? Pretty, pretty cool.
Wow! Great stuff!
I need to find a code.

XiaNaphryz

projectkuro said:
Ah snap, couldn't find any Renegade Editions here, settled for some regular edition.

Some retail codes, which seem to be universal (got them with my box):
"5rTG" DJ Z-Trip
"D1G?" Unlocks all Daft Punk items
I've put these in and they work on the PS3 version. Any other cheat codes floating out there yet?

Also, GiantBomb review up, 4/5 stars.

Qaz Kwaz

Banned
This game is FUN. The mixes are really great, for the most part. Anything with Jackson 5 is tops. Expert is going to be extremely difficult...

Smokey

Was messing around with a friend on the game for like 4 hours.

My hands are killing me!

Went up to hard for a few songs, wasn't too bad. I've decided I'm just gonna go through the songs on Medium first, and do a Hard play through later though.

XiaNaphryz

Finally started playing after a little Forza. Breezed through the tutorials and decided to take on the first setlist on Hard, managed to 5* them all.

At first I also had some issues scratching with the innermost button, but if you use your thumb to hold on to the edge of the turntable you can get some good leverage. Once I got comfortable with that hold, I haven't missed a blue scratch. Of course, I'm sure the harder setlists or the all-directional scratches on Expert will kick my ass at first. :lol

XiaNaphryz

TheGreatDave said:
So apparently an achievement in the game is worth 1 achievement point?

Fuck you, Freestyle. That shit is ugly and will drive me mad.
There's a 4 point achievement to balance it all out, don't worry. ;P

Just 4* something on hard, which isn't bad at all considering how easy I 5*'ed the first set.

Though I'm on PS3 so it doesn't apply over here.

XiaNaphryz

Okay, I just got my ass kicked on Hard finally, the Feel Good Inc/Atomic mix at the end of the 2nd playlist. Passed with 2 stars. :lol

Earlier in the set I went 5*, 4* (just missed 5* on this one), and 4* before that debacle.

SuperPac

TheGreatDave said:
Oh. Well, that's OK then. Assuming that achievement is simple.

Yeah when I got the 1 pt achievement I had the same reaction. But getting a 4 on a hard song to even it back out isn't difficult at all. :)

eniamor

Neo Member
Got the game after work and it's been great. Got the Renegade edition and it's pretty cool. Other then the gameplay I have 1 problem. One of the legs is stuck and so I can't extend it. So I have been playing it sitting down. I don't mind. But sometimes I want to play standing. Anyone got this problem as well? I'll figure something in the morning. I'm too tired to think. But the leg stand is just two metal pipes and seems it was pushed all the way in and so it is stuck. Just need to pull it out and I'm set. It's in pretty good though.

XiaNaphryz

eniamor said:
Got the game after work and it's been great. Got the Renegade edition and it's pretty cool. Other then the gameplay I have 1 problem. One of the legs is stuck and so I can't extend it. So I have been playing it sitting down. I don't mind. But sometimes I want to play standing. Anyone got this problem as well? I'll figure something in the morning. I'm too tired to think. But the leg stand is just two metal pipes and seems it was pushed all the way in and so it is stuck. Just need to pull it out and I'm set. It's in pretty good though.
Maybe some WD40 will loosen it up?

eniamor said:
I had the same problem. I was able to get it out using pliers. There's some ever so small marks from the pliers but I'll live. Good luck.

bistromathics

facing a bright new dawn
er...anyone else have a problem with the game freezing on them? It's not the xbox - I can play hours of sf4 without a hitch. But DJ hero just locked up on me for the second time.

Top Bottom