• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DJ Hero | Official Thread

Smokey

dskillzhtown said:
Craziness at the Gamestop midnight launch. I get there at around 11:35 to pick up Forza 3 and the regular edition of DJ Hero. I had been there earlier in the day to trade in some games towards DJ Hero. So I walk in and the manager up there is already selling Forza, Tekken and DJ Hero, not waiting until midnight. I get in line, he gives me my Forza then gives me a Renegade edition of DJ Hero instead of the Regular one I paid for!!!!

Moral dilema for sure. Should I tell him his mistake? Should I just take it? Well, I look at it and it is the PS3 version, so I tell him I reserved the 360 version. I thought he would figure out his mistake when he checked it on his computer, but he didn't. So....

4048552551_9b1fb2c2e9.jpg

shit i dunno what i'd do in this situation.

if it was pre-ordered then that's probably somebody elses copy that you have. what if they come to pick it up tomorrow and realize their $200 game they pre-ordered is gone? And then what? Especially if they have been waiting for this game for a long time or w/e?

...i'd probably take it back.

can't wait to get my Renegade tomorrow though!

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Smokey said:
shit i dunno what i'd do in this situation.

if it was pre-ordered then that's probably somebody elses copy that you have. what if they come to pick it up tomorrow and realize their $200 game they pre-ordered is gone? And then what? Especially if they have been waiting for this game for a long time or w/e?

...i'd probably take it back.

can't wait to get my Renegade tomorrow though!

I am not taking it back. I will take it as a blessing. The manager looked at his computer 3 times and still gave me the wrong edition. I'll just take it as Gamestop actually screwing up in my favor for once.

Smokey

dskillzhtown said:
I am not taking it back. I will take it as a blessing. The manager looked at his computer 3 times and still gave me the wrong edition. I'll just take it as Gamestop actually screwing up in my favor for once.

:lol :lol

internet high 5 as a fellow Texans brother!

since ur keeping it, can you tell me if the jay z/eminem cd is censored?

dskillzhtown

TheGreatDave said:
Don't take it back unless you're a big stinkin' idiot. You're not an idiot, are you?

Just to be clear, I was never thinking about taking it back. Why in the hell should I? If he gave me the Renegade Edition after checking the computer 3 times, it is on him.

Nelo Ice

Banned
nice pick up dskillz

yeah its the managers fault u gave him a chance and he still gave u renegade plus u came home it with why in the world would u drive back to downgrade :lol

dskillzhtown

Smokey said:
:lol :lol

internet high 5 as a fellow Texans brother!

since ur keeping it, can you tell me if the jay z/eminem cd is censored?

The CD is uncensored for sure.

edit- Here are some pics of the Renegade edition for those getting it. The case is actually pretty sturdy and looks to be useful, but still not sure it is worth an extra $80.

4049353500_15e17d8733_b.jpg

4049353900_82e1d66458_b.jpg

4048606703_07fac16d54_b.jpg

dskillzhtown said:
The CD is uncensored for sure.
I don't know why it wouldn't be really, I guess I could see why but when your dealing with jay z and eminem you expect profanity. Congrats though I'm jealous. I got the regular from amazon for 70 after trading some shit in though so I'm happy enough about that. I actually got 42 bucks for batman a couple weeks ago, pretty much the best trade in price ever.

burst

Would be nice if they tailored the PAL version with electro, house, dirty house, trance. the track list features only a handful of tracks in these genres, didn't realise America was so big on their rap/hip hop and not dance music.

burst said:
Would be nice if they tailored the PAL version with electro, house, dirty house, trance. the track list features only a handful of tracks in these genres, didn't realise America was so big on their rap/hip hop and not dance music.

Might come on DLC if there's enough support, maybe try Emailing Freestyle and let them know what you'd like.

jmoe316

So the pre-order bonus at Gamestop/EB Games (at least in Canada) is 2 free DLC songs.

Is the DLC live Day 1 like they said? What's available, the 3 Guetta tracks?

EDIT: Also, are all songs mashups or do you have the option to play many/most/all as their individual songs?

Chairhome

Hey guys, I just came back from my store in texas and the manager gave away my renegade edition....

just kidding.

Jealous of you guys. If I sell off a few more of my games, I might join the party, but too many AAA games coming out = poor me.

ThePeacemaker02 said:
How is the RE in stand mode, I should be going to pick up one of the editions in a little bit.

P1050217.jpg

Very nice, it feels the right way to play the game. With the controller on your lap it would slip a lot. It's a well made, strong stand and it's useful to pack everything inside when not in use.

Expensive, but nice.

ultron87 said:
Would a basic TV Tray approximate the stand pretty well? Or is the height different?

It's much higher than a TV tray even on the lowest setting, If you're sitting and have a sturdy TV tray I guess that would work well. I've not got the stand on maximum hight as I'm not that tall.

Baker

Banned
jmoe316 said:
So the pre-order bonus at Gamestop/EB Games (at least in Canada) is 2 free DLC songs.

Is the DLC live Day 1 like they said? What's available, the 3 Guetta tracks?

EDIT: Also, are all songs mashups or do you have the option to play many/most/all as their individual songs?
Gamestop does the "2 free DLC songs" all the time. It's just a piece of paper with a code to get 320 MS points.

Baker

Banned
Coldsnap said:
my... god...
I'm leaving to get this now.
I had to force myself to relegate this to my xmas list. I'm really worried what will happen if they have the RE at Gamestop when I go pick up Ratchet over lunch though. I am the world's worst impulse buyer.

Coldsnap

Baker said:
I had to force myself to relegate this to my xmas list. I'm really worried what will happen if they have the RE at Gamestop when I go pick up Ratchet over lunch though. I am the world's worst impulse buyer.

You only live once! :D

SuperPac

Soooo... impressions? What difficulty are people starting with? What about that whole "you can't fail" thing?

I'm guessing more reviews will hit today but would be interested to hear from people who have it.

burst said:
I wish the US version had more trance and electro.

dskillzhtown

SuperPac said:
Soooo... impressions? What difficulty are people starting with? What about that whole "you can't fail" thing?

I'm guessing more reviews will hit today but would be interested to hear from people who have it.

I didn't even put the game in this morning. I was so tired, I just took a few pictures and then went to bed, lol. I'll post some impressions this evening.

black_vegeta said:

$50+meal for a 3 hour party

Damn, whoring himself out for 50 bucks?

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
This is the deciding factor for me.

Can you customize controls? When I was playing it at Best Buy, I hated having the buttons on the left side of the vinyl. I wanted to use them on the right. I understand that doing that makes the colors and directions backwards, so I'm hoping there's a way to customize it.

Is there?

Dacvak said:

Can you customize controls? When I was playing it at Best Buy, I hated having the buttons on the left side of the vinyl. I wanted to use them on the right. I understand that doing that makes the colors and directions backwards, so I'm hoping there's a way to customize it.

Is there?

You can detach the wheel and attach it to the other side of the crossfader unit. Seeing as they let you do that I'd assume lefty mode is in, which could let you do what you want?

SuperPac

Dacvak said:

Is there?

They mention in this video at about 1:54 that you can do that and that the highway adjusts.

I think that's how I'll be playing as well.

Baker

Banned
Dacvak said:

Is there?
Someone posted a long time ago in the other thread that it will allow all possible setups (four I think). You can move the buttons to the outside and it will flip the colors on the screen.

*This info is from the internet, I haven't seen it in person.

Edit: Ok yeah, ^

hoos30

dskillzhtown said:
I didn't even put the game in this morning. I was so tired, I just took a few pictures and then went to bed, lol. I'll post some impressions this evening.

Damn, whoring himself out for 50 bucks?

Dude, you're doing it wrong. He's trying to get paid for playing a GAME. More power to him if he succeeds. lol

Baker

Banned
hoos30 said:
Dude, you're doing it wrong. He's trying to get paid for playing a GAME. More power to him if he succeeds. lol
No, he's whoring himself. He only asked for a standard def tv.

Screw that.

1up

About to go pick up my Renegade Edition. :D Will post even more pics when I get back. I guess IGN has the exclusive review rights for 24hours. The rest of the reviews should be out in about an hour. Then we'll see if its moneyhats, or the real deal.

hoos30

Baker said:
No, he's whoring himself. He only asked for a standard def tv.

Screw that.

Yeah, he is whoring himself, but I guess he doesn't want to limit his market. ha,ha.

Back on topic, I've never gotten into the music games because the tracks were not my style, but this set is hot. I think I can hold off until christmas although I have to go pick up Forza today and it will be hard to walk by without picking it up.

Top Bottom