• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DmC |OT| No, F*ck You!

Dahbomb

HE HAS FUCKING RETURNED....

I bet when he mans the fuck up he gains gel'd up hair. Or maybe that's his devil trigger.

This deserves a new thread. I will make it.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Maybe hair up = angel mode, hair down = demon mode. It looks a lot like some of the concept art of Dante where in angel mode he would have had a sort of white glow opposed to a red glow in demon mode.

TimeInc

I went back to DMC4 for another playthrough and realised that I never completely upgraded my health. I was missing one blue orb fragment, took me ages to find out which I was missing having completed all the secret missions and and looked through videos to find the one I was missing. I eventually found it, and then it said I was still saying I had only 3/4 of a blue orb. No idea why it's done this.

ezekial45

Banned
The Wisp enemies are pretty cool. They're like these wraiths that phase out, and you have to use the sword illusions to knocked back to their physical state.

Steam download looks like it redownloaded some tutorial videos and a big texture pack. Maybe they stuck some new textures in the pack, but it looks mostly like a maintenance patch like the last big one.

Redhood

So I um ended it! The boss fights were meh! But i kinda like the new dante! The game was a bit short too. My favorite levels were
the carnival and the club
The game became meh as soon as
as i entered mundus's tower. What was that? game dragged on after this part.
and after that ending
The fans should not be pressed about white hair

Korigama

and after that ending
The fans should not be pressed about white hair
No one cares about this. At all. Capcom, Ninja Theory, and gaming journalists were quite successful in making people think so, hence why each and every attempt at critiquing the game gets dismissed using that straw man.

vg260

For some reason Steam patches are often stupidly large. Perhaps they have to re-issue a lot of dupe files. I don't think there's really any size correlation.

iavi

No one cares about this. At all. Capcom, Ninja Theory, and gaming journalists were quite successful in making people think so, hence why each and every attempt at critiquing the game gets dismissed using that straw man.

People cared. As big a segment of the fanbase as it was made to seem, no, but people cared.

Gbraga

I already finished the game 6 times and I'm on my 7th run, but every single time I play it I stop to appreciate the graphics, this game looks so damn good, it's unbelievable.

KePoW

Banned
Rumble is finally fixed with the new patch, finally! Was pissing me off because it actually adds a lot to the gameplay with cues for moves.

Korigama

People cared. As big a segment of the fanbase as it was made to seem, no, but people cared.
This sums up the problem better.
I think that was more shorthand for his entire look (and the art design of the game) being different.
Were there people who had problems with the general aesthetics? Of course. It just gets more than a little bit annoying every single time "white hair" is focused upon as the one thing that detractors don't like about DmC (even if anyone actually were fixated on that and nothing else, it's not a look that suits this Dante anyway). It is indeed used as a quick way to generalize any negative viewpoints instead of addressing them.

The fact that "white hair" was never anywhere near as big of an issue as it's successfully been misrepresented to be is the entire problem (I likely could've avoided this by deciding against the use of "no one cares" in order not to come off as hyperbolic).

Dahbomb

Now I am legit concerned for the franchise. I expected 300k+ on NPD. I am extremely curious to know what direction Capcom takes with DMC. If MGR does under expectation, we might see DMC put on hold. It is almost a certainty at this point that Bayonetta 2 is going to bomba hard although I doubt Capcom is going to factor that in to their direction of the franchise.

antitrop

If you mute the volume and lay real still, you can actually hear the sound of Tameem Antoniades' heart breaking.

The feel of good sales numbers.

BadAss2961

From the January NPD sales thread:

lol

Hold on to your moneyhats, Dahbomb. Might be the last you're getting for awhile.
Good news to me. Personally, i'd rather roll the dice with a proper DMC team + original universe or bust than continue this sham.

That's just me though.

Dahbomb

If you mute the volume and lay real still, you can actually hear the sound of Tameem Antoniades' heart breaking.

The feel of good sales numbers.
Tameem doesn't care about sales numbers and this isn't new territory for NT. It's Capcom that is taking the hit as they are the one who funded this.

It's really a matter of how Capcom interprets this: disinterest in DmC or disinterest in the franchise altogether.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Either DMC will get another chance or Capcom is just content being that company who makes Resident Evil and Monster Hunter. Not really that worried about it.

If MGR:R fails after this DmC, does this mean H&S games are doomed? ://

Thats a good question. There's still the re-release of Ninja Gaiden on the other platforms, along with GOW: Ascension. It'll be interesting if it is a downward trend in the genre, as it does happen believe it or not. Either way, here's to Bloody Palace and Vergil's Downfall coming up!

Dahbomb

If MGR:R fails after this DmC, does this mean H&S games are doomed? ://
This is what I am thinking. I mean MGR has the ingredients to do well if the interest is there: big IP, respected developers and solid game overall. If that game does under expectation then this genre is in big trouble. GoW:A is sure to do less than GoW3, it's just a matter of how low it will go.

Taiser

5HdF7kL.jpg

>tfw BOMBA.

Q3oeeN2.jpg

>tfw never motivated.

Top Bottom