• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DmC |OT| No, F*ck You!

Alright, question time.

I'm somewhat interested into getting in DMC, I think I can get the HD collection, but is there something I should worry about, like Silent Hill HD-badness?

I think I can get a PS2 and play the originals (not really hard to find) but I'd like them in the commodity of a BR and with HD stuff. :p

They run fine, no Silent Hill or ZOE schenanigans

Alright, question time.

I'm somewhat interested into getting in DMC, I think I can get the HD collection, but is there something I should worry about, like Silent Hill HD-badness?

I think I can get a PS2 and play the originals (not really hard to find) but I'd like them in the commodity of a BR and with HD stuff. :p

My best advice is to play and finish DMC1, check out DMC2 to see how you can do a sequel horribly wrong and then play DMC3 (which is easily mine and many's favorite in the series)

Alright, question time.

No, the HD collection is great. Nothing like the SH trainwreck.

daxter01

8/8/2010 Blackace was here
rcM0R.jpg

:D

S1kkZ

finished it, liked it.

and no, i am not working for capcom or ninja theory, i was hating on the game since they showed it for the first time. that slowly started to change when i played the demo. i would love to hate on dmc, since i cant stand ninja theory's prior games and dislike antoniades.

i'd say its better than 2 and 4, but doesnt hold a candle to 3.

-took me about 7:30h on normal, finished 6 secret rooms. still a lot left to find (keys, rooms).

-game runs great on 360. no slowdown, tearing, framedrops during gameplay (only some in cutscenes). still has a few ugly ue3 moments.

-storytelling is superior to any other dmc (which is not saying much). the story is simple but well told, i even started to like dante in the end. also does a much better job with the characters than the other games. i love the DMC version of vergil.

-the game feels very conservative, its just another dmc. they didnt do anything super crazy with it. on one hand, i would love to see nt go crazy with the ip (and probably fail) on the other hand, i am happy thats its just another dmc and not ninja gaiden 3 situation.

-the game lacks some great standout moments, which is mostly capcoms fault. they decided to show off/spoil a lot of cool stuff before.

-bossfights are good but there are not enough of them (and almost all of them were shown by capcom before...). at least there is no boss recycling or annoying backtracking.

-dante is still dante. they toned his craziness from 3 down a bit, but its still the same loveable asshole. i could maybe understand the hate for his design (which is stupid, he looks like dante, but with short black hair), but for his character? nope.

-really had fun with the combat, only thing that annoyed me were flying enemies. the auto targeting really pissed me off here (or maybe i am just bad at the game).

i really liked it and wouldnt mind ninja thory doing a follow up, as long as capcom keeps a close eye on them. the hate this game gets is not justified, at all.
its not a masterpiece, its not the best dmc, its also not the worst dmc, its just a good game that plays it a bit to safe.

GrizzNKev

Banned
-dante is still dante. they toned his craziness from 3 down a bit, but its still the same loveable asshole. i could maybe understand the hate for his design (which is stupid, he looks like dante, but with short black hair), but for his character? nope.

After all we've seen, how can anyone possibly believe this?

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

Sorry, but no. You can like the game for what it is, and you have good points, but this one is bad.

S1kkZ

Sorry, but no. You can like the game for what it is, and you have good points, but this one is bad.

how can ones opinion be bad? i still dont get the hate for him, at all.
anyway, i liked his character in the game and i never felt he strayed too far from the dante that i knew from the other games. but i am really happy they didnt go with the design from the first teasers.

DMC3's pizza shenanigans ensured that I would never hate him.

The series has always been a COOL AWESOME RADICAL tryhard, but in a tongue in cheek way. I'm worried DMC isn't as tongue in cheek. We'll see!

Dante's characterization DMC3 is done through contrast with Lady and Vergil, and it's actually pretty good now that I've gone back and played it as a cynical adult. People just remember the one-liners and motorcycle nunchucks and missile riding, and there's been a bit of revisionist history about the quality of storytelling in DMC, but DMC3 did legitimately well outside of some of the voice acting, imo.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I'm sorry but this opinion is just wrong and bad :b

You're welcome to that wrong opinion. :)

But seriously, I understand how some people think that DmC Dante is some Western extrapolation of DMC3 Dante. I simply disagree. I think DmC Dante fails in a number of ways that I found DMC3 Dante appealing.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Nope, I just played the games and talked about them with my friends at school. I didn't have any interest in discussing games online until a few years ago.

Facism

Yes, you've got to give it to NT this time, they've pulled off a good thing here regarding ps3 performance. That is, if the demo is a good indicator and that they've fixed the cutscene jitter :)

Good score from Edge.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
Did you support this game from the beginning? And if so do you think it was worth the wait? Also are you happy with the ending?

No, after seeing more and playing the demo i knew i wanted it tho. i did go in not expecting a dmc 1 or 3 or even 4 expierence. i went in with an open mind and REALLY enjoyed the game.

So yes, for me it was worth the wait, and i can see alot of potential in a sequel.

The ending? it isnt really a good ending, it seems there is deffo a plan for a sequel and i hope they get the chance for that.

S1kkZ

I made an oopsie:

Stores breaking streetdates just makes me buy stuff.

the are not really breaking street dates. everytime a game comes out on a tuesday in europe, its widely available on the friday/saturday before. if the publishers would really care, they wouldnt send the games out on thursday.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
http://i.minus.com/i8EgB2zE1fv0B.gif

This .gif is getting some mileage. LETS ROCK.

slaughterking said:
From playing the first mission I take it anything but Niphilim is a complete joke in terms of difficulty.

Yeah, unless the later levels/missons on Sons of Sparda gets harder than "dodge the hot-floor-lava and juggle enemies" the game's a total snooze-fest going by the demo. Maybe having enemies Devil Trigger like DMD in DMC would make it harder? Then again the Devil Trigger here is kinda pointless outside of the blowback.

DmC Demo - Son of Sparda (No Damage) SSS Rank 100% completion

Looks like a Devil May Cry game to me. Can't wait for some more positive reviews/impressions.

D to SSS in :42 seconds.

NOPE.avi Not a Devil May Cry. It's Donte Must Cry.

Big ol' spoilers (really, not a "FUCK YOU" in there, it's actually plot spoilers) but I'm wondering who has all seen video of Mission 15:

The scene where Vergil assassinates lilith by first shooting her in the stomach (she's pregnant) and then in the head. Really? That's Shakespearean? That's Vergil? The whole scene turns into a shoot out. A SHOOT OUT. In a DMC game. I don't even know anymore.

I've seen some people tweeting a video of it, so if you want to avoid spoilers I would start really avoiding the internet (if it wasn't painfully obvious already)

Top Bottom