• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DmC |OT| No, F*ck You!

V_Arnold

I do not agree with Dahbomb on the boss rankings.
Mundus was nothing special, but it is not the worst. the worst is the Succubus, imho. Fightin in the TV and Bob also felt better to me. Mostly because of the Rez-vibe, and the great mechanics of avoiding his 3-4 attacks, based on seeing the color and the color only, at first.

Also, needless to say, Vergil was not designed for us. We know all of his attacks already without even seeing them first. I am looking forward to how he gets harder in new difficulties, cause the Vergil fight was still the most badass part of the game, imho. Another great fight was the Mundus Spawn. Am I missing one more somewhere? Oh, the first boss. Nothing special, but mechanically great, and has very few interruptions.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
How about the Savior?

Damn, I had to look up a video to remember what went on in that fight. lol

I just remember thinking it could have and should have been so much more epic than it was. Skyscraper sized bosses are tough to do right. It's the one thing God of War does so much better than more combat focused action games.

Damn, I had to look up a video to remember what went on in that fight. lol

I just remember thinking it could have and should have been so much more epic than it was. Skyscraper sized bosses are tough to do right. It's the one thing God of War does so much better than more combat focused action games.

And DMC1 Mundus 2nd form :)

Raxus

Ninja Gaiden had some epic large boss fights and Shadow of the Colossus built a whole game on them. I wish more games would model large boss fights like those.
And the dice board game rooms. :(
Terrible, yes. Exploitable? HELL yes. There was a trick to know what you were going to roll.

Dahbomb

Honestly to me the real ranking of the bosses in terms of difference in quality is this:

Vergil >>>>> Hunter >>>>>> Poison >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Mundus + Mundus' Spawn + Bob

LTWheels

The Vergil DLC is suppose to come out in early Feburary. I reckon that the Bloody Palace title update will be released when the PC version comes out.

Dahbomb

How many of those are DMC2 bad.
None because while they are mechanically not that great, they at least all look impressive. Most of DMC2 bosses sucked at both and you can beat them by shooting at them from a far.

I am not including Bolverk and Despair Embodied as the average DMC2 boss though... those were exceptions in the game. I am talking stuff like that giant building boss, Helicopter shit, Orangatuan boss and that fish boss. Absolutely shit.

Honestly to me the real ranking of the bosses in terms of difference in quality is this:

Vergil >>>>> Hunter >>>>>> Poison >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Mundus + Mundus' Spawn + Bob

wow that much of differences huh? lol

Dahbomb

This is all my opinion of course and this is only on Nephilim. Opinion might change but that's what I feel about them right now. I had fun with the first 3 bosses on my list but the other 3 I was just wanted them to be over quick.

Anyone wants to see the
Mundus boss fight in DMD mode
it's being streamed right now:

http://www.own3d.tv/Azuretest

Seeing as how this seems like the way the franchise is going, it would have been nice to have gotten another Nero game where he had more than a single set of weapons.

Ghazi

Backtracking is one thing.. literally going back through the entire game... That's a bit much.
While I do agree that DMC4's was a little unnecessary, backtracking has always been in Devil May Cry, even 3 (as far as I can remember) took you back all the back to the bottom of temen ni gru.
even fighting all the bosses again at the end of DMC3 is the same as what DMC4 did, they just made you actually go through the environments to get to them again.

chrono01

Bayo went overkill on the giant bosses. Not to say they were bad but I wish it had more human sized bosses.

The larger bosses helped Bayonetta emphasize her power [especially her summons]. After all, seeing a giant massive crab-creature swallow a smaller boss whole wouldn't be nearly as impressive if they were the same size as Bayonetta].

They did have quite a few normal-sized bosses, though, such as Jeanne's fights as well as
Father Balder
. I enjoyed those fights too, of course, but I really...really liked the bosses of the "larger scale", especially in regards to her nonchalant way of eliminating them. ^_^

This is all my opinion of course and this is only on Nephilim. Opinion might change but that's what I feel about them right now. I had fun with the first 3 bosses on my list but the other 3 I was just wanted them to be over quick.

Anyone wants to see the
Mundus boss fight in DMD mode
it's being streamed right now:

http://www.own3d.tv/Azuretest

SSSensational's for everyone!

Edit: THAT WAS IT? ARE YOU SERIOUS?

None because while they are mechanically not that great, they at least all look impressive. Most of DMC2 bosses sucked at both and you can beat them by shooting at them from a far.

I am not including Bolverk and Despair Embodied as the average DMC2 boss though... those were exceptions in the game. I am talking stuff like that giant building boss, Helicopter shit, Orangatuan boss and that fish boss. Absolutely shit.
Helicopters
Orangatuan
Blob thing
Squid thing
Human guy(Twice)
Building boss were all crap so that is nice to hear
Didn't DMC2 have multiple helicopter fights?
Yes and it sucked

That Mundas fight was so ass
KuGsj.gif

Dahbomb

Ok I just saw that DMD fight...

It's almost identical to the Nephilim fight. About the only thing different was that you take more damage but most of your attacks still do a shit ton of damage to bosses.

SkylineRKR

Ya, it was always bad, but DMC 4 took it to the illogical extreme.

Its as if that whole section, plus Dante, was added as an afterthought. Perhaps Capcom was afraid to ship the game without Dante. The whole pace and fighting engine of the game felt as if it was based on Nero anyway.

Another thing I hated about 4 was that stupid statue sliding shit in the castle. But its been over 3 years I think, I want to play the game again.

Raxus

Yeah they do but not every enemy DTs. Draks for example don't DT which is a bummer but I guess they didn't want the casuals to cry over DMD being too hard...

Watching the stream I don't know why they would. The game HANDS you S rankings like no other.

Dahbomb

I beat the game and got mostly S ranks but I soon realized that in this game S ranks are equivalent to getting B ranks in previous games. SSS rank is the new S rank and SS rank is the new A rank etc.

This way casuals are happy that they are S ranking missions but the more hardcore players can strive for those SSS.

wat?

the top of the list looked decent at best imo.

yikes :/

Top Bottom