• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DmC |OT| No, F*ck You!

How in the world do you beat
vergil? I get him down to no life, then he just sends out the copy and he regenerates all his health as he sits there

cat9e5d14ir3wutsn.png

yay

congrats

A little more than 30 hours.

Wow!

Without Bloody Palace to pad it out, it shouldn't be too surprising, but still

ezekial45

Banned
Spoilers about the ending;
Why does Dante's hair turn permanently white after he defeats Vergil

DT phase turned his hair white.

How in the world do you beat
vergil? I get him down to no life, then he just sends out the copy and he regenerates all his health as he sits there

Use Devil Trigger. The doppelganger gives off purple orbs which fill the DT gauge.

ezekial45

Banned
I did that,
and hes still invincible, the copy just protects him.
Is my timing just wrong? Am I supposed to be finishing the battle off before that happens?

Vergil only has a little health left, yes? When you activate DT, it should lift the doppelganger off the ground so you can attack Vergil.

Vergil only has a little health left, yes? When you activate DT, it should lift the doppelganger off the ground so you can attack Vergil.

Thanks ezekial, I guess the first time I went into devil trigger I must have let it fall to the ground, because I could have sworn I tried that the first time and I was still getting blocked.

anddo0

Did I buy Outland or DMC? I'm confused.

The game is alright. I'm up to mission 14. But you can definitely tell this is a Ninja Theory game , both the good and the bad.

This isn't true. Both DMC3 and DMC4 have not only fixed cameras, but awkward camera changes as well. You can move the camera around a bit(more often and with better range in DMC4), but it's pretty much a pain still. The camera in DmC is an unmitigated improvement over previous games.

I just replayed DMC3 while waiting on the PC version of DmC and I can confirm that the camera is profoundly bad at almost all times and is often fixed angle or very limited. I paid extra close attention because I was constantly asking myself how I ever put up with having to rely purely on sound cues to know what was happening.

Dahbomb

Thanks ezekial, I guess the first time I went into devil trigger I must have let it fall to the ground, because I could have sworn I tried that the first time and I was still getting blocked.
You ran into the same glitch I did too. When I did DT the clone didn't go up and just kept attacking me and I couldn't attack the boss. Had to DT a 2nd time to get it correct.

Dahbomb

That is a good video.

Definitely did not know about cancelling the recovery animation of Stomp with Fireworks. That is some tech right there.

I wish he went to explain perfect releases. I know he talked about it at the end but I think people need to see it an action and see what it looks like.

Dahbomb

Only thing wrong about the DMC3 costume is that his jeans are way too skinny. DMC3 Dante wore baggy Jeans. Plus the coat was longer and the collar didn't stick up like that. Personally I would've been happy with DT Dante as an alt costume.

Nemesis_

I'm playing through SoS with white haired Dante at the moment.

But FUCK if he doesn't remind me of Nero from the back. Sometimes I forget I'm playing as Dante ;_; It's crazy.

Also, I've noticed that enemies have different attacks on higher difficulties. Succubus/Poison had this kind of attack where she raised small pillars out of the ground (similar to the witch) but they were yellow. That doesn't happen below SoS mode, does it?

Anteater

Furnace of souls is pretty lame, the boss prior to this was crappy too, so far bosses are the worse I've fought in the series, they feel a bit methodical and not very dynamic and their reaction and feedbacks are lacking.

So far I found the normal enemies kind of unimaginative like the robo fat dudes and color coded rats without that many variety of attacks (also limiting your moveset too), but the dual sword guy is really cool. Don't like fighting the color coded mobs at all and man the platforming is dull as heck, I hope they speed it up if they make a sequel.

Pacing is just kind of all over the place since slurm factory, maybe because I just don't like fighting the bosses, and to add to that a bunch of cutscenes and platforming inbetween each small arenas.

While I find the angel whip platforming dull, I find
that car scene kind of cool to watch

Mechazawa

So, is it just me or does DMC3 have really bland "normal" fights.

I'm running through it on lead up to DmC and I just wrapped up Mission 10 and anytime I'm not fighting a boss or watching a cutscene, I'm having a pretty mediocre time. I remember enemies like DMC4's knights being way more fun to fight.

Dahbomb

So, is it just me or does DMC3 have really bland "normal" fights.

I'm running through it on lead up to DmC and I just wrapped up Mission 10 and anytime I'm not fighting a boss or watching a cutscene, I'm having a pretty mediocre time. I remember enemies like DMC4's knights being way more fun to fight.
Yea enemies in DMC3 were the weakest point of the game play (relatively speaking of course). They are mostly there to serve as combo fodders. DMC4 has way better enemies. Some of the later enemies are better though like Abyss, Arachne and Fallen so is Hell Vanguard among other enemies.

Also your current style also dictates how much fun you are having against enemies as do your weapons. Some enemies are really boring to fight against with Swordmaster but are fun with Gunslinger.

One thing I noticed about the dual katana wielding enemies is that if you strike them when they're defending and then use Revenant, they tend to attack right after. Then you can basically parry right at that moment every time. Makes them die pretty quick.

Cheska

So for those that have beat it; what next? Are you keeping it? Replaying it or have you sold it and already moved on?

As soon as the DLC costumes hit and the Vergil pack I'll be back. I had a great time with the game, but I'm likely going to move onto Anarchy Reigns and Ni No Kuni before I replay DmC on the higher difficulties. It's most definitely staying in my keep pile though.

Nemesis_

This might seem strange, but I think that Lilith's Club was the best scenario for me. Playing with surround headphones, it was just such a stimulating experience *.* The colour, the sound, and Lilith is an okayish sub villain too.

Top Bottom