• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Donald Trump wasn't even in Situation Room for 'botched' Yemen raid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
vlcsnap-2012-12-29-14x3psq.jpg

I've been seriously considering this ever since I saw this video.

Surprise, surprise. Donald Trump wants to run the government like he runs his businesses: By slapping his name on it and checking out for the day.

Let's just go over this again:

Fuck you BernieOrBusters
Fuck you third-party voters
Fuck you Mickey Mouse voters in Florida
Fuck you Rust Belt
Fuck you Baby Boomers
Fuck you racist shitbags
Fuck you Tea Party nuts
Fuck you Putin
Fuck you members of the press who enabled him
Fuck you Breitbart
Fuck you white people

Fuck alllllll of you for this shameful turn of events.

All right. I'm good now. Let's be constructive.
Alright, I don't know if this was intentional but it made me laugh.

We all thought Trump was the dangerous aspect. He isn't. He signs anything put in front of him so he can go back to eating, sleeping, or Tweeting.

We don't even have a commander-in-chief.

Remember how Howard Stern was surprised at Trump's conversion to full-stop white nationalism? Trump doesn't have a single independent thought inside his head: it's a vacuum.

This is the real reason to purge Bannon and Miller, while boosting the cachets of adults like Kelly and Mattis and -- I guess -- even Reince.

rjinaz

That's no more of a generalization than attacking the Rust Belt or Baby Boomers. I'm a white dude who voted for Clinton, but I'm not going to sit here and pretend that white insecurity didn't lead to this, cause it absolutely did.

He could have been a bit more specific, I absolutely agree, however.

Yup. Considering I'm White and say fuck White people too, I get the sentiment. We're a pretty awful majority.

Yup. Considering I'm White and say fuck White people too, I get the sentiment. We're a pretty awful majority.

Agreed 100%. If anything, it gives more reason to be vocal and call the shit out.

As Audre Lorde once said, "My silences had not protected me. Your silence will not protect you."

We all thought Trump was the dangerous aspect. He isn't. He signs anything put in front of him so he can go back to eating, sleeping, or Tweeting.

Remember how Howard Stern was surprised at Trump's conversion to full-stop white nationalism? Trump doesn't have a single independent thought inside his head: it's a vacuum.

This is the real reason to purge Bannon and Miller, while boosting the cachets of adults like Kelly and Mattis and -- I guess -- even Reince.

It's absurd. He's not president. He's still a reality TV star who I'm assuming thinks this is all just one long boring joke.

He's a puppet being entirely controlled by monsters while the only bastions of sanity (Mattis, Kelly, et al) are left looking around wondering what the hell is going on and how this unfeeling narcissistic blowhard is now the most powerful man on the planet.

Yet he can't be bothered to get off twitter for fifteen minutes.

This should be a national outrage, people would be calling for Obama to be impeached if he did something like this. He disregarded HUMAN LIVES so he could bitch at the New York fucking Times some more.

That's no more of a generalization than attacking the Rust Belt or Baby Boomers. I'm a white dude who voted for Clinton, but I'm not going to sit here and pretend that white insecurity didn't lead to this, cause it absolutely did.

He could have been a bit more specific, I absolutely agree, however.

oh it's different, it's attacking someone's ethnicity. a 100% despicable action without exceptions.

i can't believe someone on GAF would actually defend a statement that is so clearly racist. i mean there couldn't possibly be a more clear example than "fuck you *insert color/ethnicity* people"... or am i crazy?

and what the fuck is "white insecurity"? sounds like nonsense tbh. any studies? does it apply to all white people, even outside America? something genetical about us whites? what?

That's makes him very dangerous actually. In fact, there's no one more dangerous. He brought this on himself, and he should take all of the blame.

Wasn't hillary in favour of drone strikes. Probably would never have heard of the operation but civilians would have died nonetheless.

Absolutely untrue. This wasn't a covert action, which would require a Presidential finding under Title 50, but it was a DoD-led operation. POTUS doesn't sign off on all DoD operations, but it's been set DoD policy for POTUS to authorize this at his own level.

See: https://www.aclu.org/sites/default/files/field_document/presidential_policy_guidance.pdf.

Trump can change this. Trump probably will change this. If it's delegated down to the SECDEF level, that's probably a good thing.

Then again, the fact that they briefed him and wanted an affirmative decision is not a good thing. But, we're judging the results. So take that with a grain of salt.

It's downright offensive that this orange motherfucker ordered an operation and didn't see it through. Or even ask about it when he woke up. Nope, instead he tweets about petty, vindictive shit.

rjinaz

oh it's different, it's attacking someone's ethnicity. a 100% despicable action without exceptions.

i can't believe someone on GAF would actually defend a statement that is so clearly racist. i mean there couldn't possibly be a more clear example than "fuck you *insert color/ethnicity* people"... or am i crazy?

and what the fuck is "white insecurity"? sounds like nonsense tbh. any studies? does it apply to all white people, even outside America? something genetical about us whites? what?

I agree it should not have been said in this case, at random like that, because it just encites people without context.

But, it's not the same thing as saying fuck "insert other race". It's just not, not in America.

Lowmelody

Well, your feelings about your white identity do seem pretty fragile.

You do raise a fair point though, perhaps white Americans would be more fitting description.

yeah how about no?

it's just SO FUCKING STUPID to generalize so flippantly. saddens me every time i see racist shit like that.

Surprise: I am white.

When a white person calls out other white people for their shittiness, is it racist?

It's not like Black or Muslim or Hispanic people came out in droves to support Trump.

Yes, yes, there's plenty of white people who are cool and not racist and have empathy and voted for Hillary. I get that. I'm just saying, let's not pretend that white people didn't put Trump in office, because they did.

Anyway, I'm not meaning to distract the thread by venting. So, y'know, on topic: Trump really sucks as a leader, who knew?

Paskil

People in this thread are overreacting. It's obvious that his tweets were meant to be a smoke screen to distract the terrorists. If he was in the situation room, they would have known there was an op and would have foiled our Patriots on their mission.

So, y'know, on topic: Trump really sucks a leader, who knew?

Literally anyone who bothered to pay attention.

I just noticed the most appalling thing, by the way.

You do not make decisions on strike packages without having legal personnel there to assess our obligations under international humanitarian law (i.e., the law of armed conflict, as enshrined in the Geneva Conventions and other applicable treaties or norms).

Source? I was a fucking JAG at NORTHCOM and maybe-sorta advised on this stuff for 2 years.

The fact that this orange motherfucker tapped STEVE FUCKING BANNON and not a DoD lawyer to provide counsel on this is blisteringly outrageous.

This is the real story. You'll probably read pieces about it on Lawfare or Just Security tomorrow.

You do not make decisions on strike packages without having legal personnel there to assess our obligations under international humanitarian law (i.e., the law of armed conflict, as enshrined in the Geneva Conventions and other applicable treaties or norms).

Source? I was a fucking JAG at NORTHCOM and maybe-sorta advised on this stuff for 2 years.

The fact that this orange motherfucker tapped STEVE FUCKING BANNON and not a DoD lawyer to provide counsel on this is blisteringly outrageous.

This is the real story. You'll probably read pieces about it on Lawfare or Just Security tomorrow.

This post really puts things into perspective.

Yes there have been studies done...by white people that tell you white insecurity is a thing. And seeing as we're talking about American politics, why would you think he's talking about white people outside of the US exactly?

It's absurd. He's not president. He's still a reality TV star who I'm assuming thinks this is all just one long boring joke.

He's a puppet being entirely controlled by monsters while the only bastions of sanity (Mattis, Kelly, et al) are left looking around wondering what the hell is going on and how this unfeeling narcissistic blowhard is now the most powerful man on the planet.

This should be a national outrage, people would be calling for Obama to be impeached if he did something like this. He disregarded HUMAN LIVES so he could bitch at the New York fucking Times some more.

Shit remember when people bugged the fuck out cause Obama didn't salute that one Marine as he boarded Air Force One.

This.

Hell they were calling for it for trivial shit.

What could go wrong from hiring someone for a high-level government position whose main experience with government has been cheating taxes and donating to campaigns?

Really, I'm sorry for the civilians who died. They didn't deserve this. That's why I'm angry at all the people I listed. They bought into a sham and it cost innocent people their lives. But they'll just go on with their lives and probably learn nothing, feel nothing.

rjinaz

Yes, of course it is. If you're judging anyone by the color of their skin, it's racist.

I see it a judging more on their social position as a majority and not having to do with anything because of the way they look. But yes, people can be racist towards their own race.

Thanks for sharing. Trump scares me dammit.

Boylamite

As a white dude, the idiots that put Trump into power give us a bad name. White people are primarily to blame for this nightmare.

We are all gonna fucking die aren't we.

I really want to know who briefed him at dinner. If it was Mattis (and it should've been Mattis), then I'm less worried.

Ugh. The Independent article doesn't have enough information.

Damn. Terrifying. Absolutely fuckery if this man is not impeached with shit like this.
Totally not surprised he bypassed massively important international humanitarian law too, shit like this is yet another example of why he was completely unfit to run.

Zaph

Un-fucking-real. Trump continues to sink lower, even when actual lives are at immediate risk.

The Situation Room doesn't matter, guys. It's a complete non-starter. It's basically receiving updates. Nothing tactical is decided there. Any operational or tactical decision would be delegated down.

No one should blast Trump solely because he wasn't in the Situation Room.

It's the fact that he approved a raid over dinner, and we're not sure how he was briefed, in what capacity, and whether or not there was legal counsel present, that's far more worrisome.

Alucrid

Banned
The Situation Room doesn't matter, guys. It's a complete non-starter. It's basically receiving updates. Nothing tactical is decided there. Any operational or tactical decision would be delegated down.

No one should blast Trump solely because he wasn't in the Situation Room.

It's the fact that he approved a raid over dinner, and we're not sure how he was briefed, in what capacity, and whether or not there was legal counsel present, that's far more worrisome.

maybe he had colonel sanders there

maybe he had colonel sanders there

Colonel Sanders outranks Commander Spicer and Steve Bannon, and he's managed to avoid leaking the original recipe, which means he's more trustworthy with classified intel, like attacking Yemen.

Also, despite being old white guy from the south, Colonel Sanders would by far be the least racist member of Trump's cabinet, Ben Carson included.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom