• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 BETA 2 |OT10| Reborn

Status
Not open for further replies.

W1SSY

OK dudes who wants to make a team of 2K scrubs to clinch the open qualifier spot at TI5 and then blow everyone away with our unique pub meta strategies.

I have some legit strats the pros would never expect.
double jungle ursa & lifestealer op

DrPizza

Banned
I have some legit strats the pros would never expect.
double jungle ursa & lifestealer op

Gonna follow that up with the classic
five carry mid and feed
. They'll never see it coming.

I also have a surefire way to avoid courier snipes; don't buy the courier until 15 minutes. Unbeatable.

Quesa

this is not my patch. Good thing, too, since I probably should stop playing before my hands quit working completely

W1SSY

Gonna follow that up with the classic
five carry mid and feed
. They'll never see it coming.

I also have a surefire way to avoid courier snipes; don't buy the courier until 15 minutes. Unbeatable.
Or the ever popular purchase multiple couriers. Use them as bait and travel in a pack making it hard to find the real courier.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
this is not my patch. Good thing, too, since I probably should stop playing before my hands quit working completely

it's just a really bad patch. no skill involved, just throw yourselves into their towers and whoever gets the highest score wins. very close to giving up on dota.

Big Dog

http://www.dota2.com/international/announcement

Vici Gaming is the first invited team

A countdown will end at 9:30 pm EST to announce the second team

gjPLqYe.png

Also really interesting to see Valve jump on the FaceIt bandwagon and hold their Open Qualifier through FaceIt's organization.

It's sort of cool that theoretically anybody can play in the International, even if it's in a qualifier for a qualifier.

We EVO now

JC Sera

honestly you could build anything and win as undying rn. 6.84 is truly a joke.
thats hyperbole
divine has an 80% winrate on him Recipe: Wraith Band has a 100%
Recipe: Wraith Band better than divine confirmed

jeez what another surprise
Secret, IG, C9 or Newbie next?

Haunted

OPEN SPOT

THAT'S HUGE

Should be fun if it's actually completely unknown teams that make it to the regional qualifiers... where they will get crushed.

Sianos

Feels like it's tower dive meta right now, heroes who can both dive deep for kills or defend against dives like Undying, Venomancer, Bristleback, etc. seem to be very effective.

I feel like Huskar might be good for this patch, I'm going to start practicing him and Slark.

Big Dog

Ok so I didn't even have to refresh the page for EG to be shown. I'm sure someone with some working website knowledge could dig around on the page and find the list of all 8 invites. The teams are already in the page.

Okay I have to literally wait out the entire thing to find out whether my predictions were right, the first 6/7 teams are super obvious.

ALTHOUGH, Wouldn't the current champ be the first one to be revealed?

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Feels like it's tower dive meta right now, heroes who can both dive deep for kills or defend against dives like Undying, Venomancer, Bristleback, etc. seem to be very effective.

I feel like Huskar might be good for this patch, I'm going to start practicing him and Slark.

i feel like 'tower dive' implies a level of skill that's missing in the 'press A, click enemy fountain' play that is 6.84's current bread and butter strategy.

JC Sera

Played a game with Undying, Huskar, WD, Enigma with Guardian Greaves
the sustain was so stupidly good
regeneration.gif

Kalnos

Banned
Ok so I didn't even have to refresh the page for EG to be shown. I'm sure someone with some working website knowledge could dig around on the page and find the list of all 8 invites. The teams are already in the page.

You can easily have a page connected to a database that informs the page that it was updated, the page then asks for the new data. If they want to hide it, they can.

TheCrow

Okay I have to literally wait out the entire thing to find out whether my predictions were right, the first 6/7 teams are super obvious.

ALTHOUGH, Wouldn't the current champ be the first one to be revealed?

Thats what I was thinking. Maybe Newbee won't get invited after all?

Sianos

i feel like 'tower dive' implies a level of skill that's missing in the 'press A, click enemy fountain' play that is 6.84's current bread and butter strategy.

I use tower dive as more of a pejorative, not a ton of critical thinking in hurling your spells in the general direction of the enemy until they either leave or die.

Played a game with Undying, Huskar, WD, Enigma with Guardian Greaves
the sustain was so stupidly good
regeneration.gif

Ooh, I really like this idea. Maybe run Juggernaut too for the healing ward, but build him more like the old early fighting Juggernaut?

It's just Javascript throwing a new div in the list from some function I can't find, the names aren't there yet.

The order matters? I thought that automatically appeared in the order they were added to the game.

Do they?

Do the invited teams already know whether they're invited or not? It'd be pretty cruel if they have to stare at that page to find out. They probably know but have been told to keep it quiet.

Haunted

Do the invited teams already know whether they're invited or not? It'd be pretty cruel if they have to stare at that page to find out. They probably know but have been told to keep it quiet.
I'm sure the managers have gotten the invites already along with a note that they're voided if they break NDA asking nicely to keep it under wraps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom