• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 Beta: INHOUSE LEAGUE Season 1!! FREE HATS

Neki

lmCki.jpg

captains: neki, pro
dire bans: lycan, chaos knight, furion, rubick, qop
radiant bans: dark seer, sand king, venge, bounty, windrunner

ksan

astro, when you close down the stream you might want to let it stay silent after you talk for at least a couple of seconds (or as long as the delay is I guess) as it cut off your good bye :p

goodfella

Too late to get involved? I'd love to play with some gaffers.

I've just started really, but I seem to be doing ok with Tidehunter as per suggestion. It just seemed to click today, my 3rd ever game, and I got 5kills/8deaths/15assists. It was just two of us against all five of them though.

Do that many players usually stop playing in one game? I thought they would replace them with bots.

I'm UK timezone if that makes any difference.

Edit: Unless of course this is serious, lol. Like I said, just started playing. :p

dommynick

Ah, will do ksan, thanks!

Thanks for everyone who's been watching the stream. I've been getting comments about stream resolution and what not. I mentioned it earlier in the thread, I have no control over adding resolution control, this feature is only enabled for streamers who are in the twitch.tv partner program, which I am not in, nor plan to be.

Tenck

Thanks for everyone who's been watching the stream. I've been getting comments about stream resolution and what not. I mentioned it earlier in the thread, I have no control over adding resolution control, this feature is only enabled for streamers who are in the twitch.tv partner program, which I am not in, nor plan to be.

'Because I don't respect my viewers and would not like to let them benefit from better perks.'

Just kidding. Is there a reason why you don't become a partner? Set amount of viewers etc etc?

Edit:
Just make sure to use your gaf name in IHL games so it's easier on the people recording.

Eww, why would I do that?

Nanta

Banned

I'm not very bright in this, but you can use xsplit to change resolution?

dommynick

'Because I don't respect my viewers and would not like to let them benefit from better perks.'

Just kidding. Is there a reason why you don't become a partner? Set amount of viewers etc etc?

Edit:

To become part of the partner program, you have to meet certain requirements for unique visitors and subscribers, which I am not at right now. I am not interesting in monetizing my stream, running ads, or turning my stream into some platform for internet fame. It's just a thing I do for fun, for the community.

If you watch my stream on the desktop version of the site, you will see it looks fine. The reason it looks really shitty on mobiles is because my stream is being downsampled to a miniscule resolution, probably with tons of artifacting. I have no control over this downsampling.

Edit:
Rude, man. There's a difference in being sarcastic and just rude.
He doesn't want to run ads every 20minutes like some broadcasters.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
To become part of the partner program, you have to meet certain requirements for unique visitors and subscribers, which I am not at right now. I am not interesting in monetizing my stream, running ads, or turning my stream into some platform for internet fame. It's just a thing I do for fun, for the community.

Just about everyone I've seen stream live games before they became started playing adds and did partner stuff said this.

WE ALL KNOW YOU WANT MONEY MAN

xero273

But for users to have the ability to change resolution, I think you need to be partners with twitch. For example if someone streams at 720P, even if your connection can't handle it, you can't switch to 360P or something. I think that's how twitch works.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!

Edit:

Because it's a pain in the ass to maintain the spreadsheet when people don't do this.

Please use your GAF name while playing in an IHL game.

Tenck

Rude, man. There's a difference in being sarcastic and just rude.
He doesn't want to run ads every 20minutes like some broadcasters.

Get that broom out your ass kid, he didn't even take offense to it. And I watch his stream to support him. I don't care if he doesn't want to monetize it or not. As long as he and bzm co cast I'm fine with whatever resolution he streams at.

Get that broom out your ass kid, he didn't even take offense to it. And I watch his stream to support him. I don't care if he doesn't want to monetize it or not. As long as he and bzm co cast I'm fine with whatever resolution he streams at.

Okay, make yourself clear.
From what you wrote you sounded like you had one in yours.

I apologize then, I guess you were saying he could easily make quality better by doing that.

bzm

Word I got a fan.
FOLLOW ON TWITTER
LIKE ON FACEBOOK
DONATE TO MY CHIPIN 4 WEBCAM
SUB TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Tenck

Okay, make yourself clear.
From what you wrote you sounded like you had one in yours.

I apologize then, I guess you were saying he could easily make quality better by doing that.

I don't have to make myself anymore clear than I already did.

'Just kidding' was fine enough. If you've followed Dota 2 gaf at all you'd know that a lot of people joke on here.

Edit:
Word I got a fan.
FOLLOW ON TWITTER
LIKE ON FACEBOOK
DONATE TO MY CHIPIN 4 WEBCAM
SUB TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL

I might just do all that bzm.

But seriously though, I like how you and Astro don't try to sugar coat things. And you have the voice of a co caster, so that's an added plus.

I don't have to make myself anymore clear than I already did.

'Just kidding' was fine enough. If you've followed Dota 2 gaf at all you'd know that a lot of people joke on here.
lol, no hard feelings, right?
I've yet to get used to Dota talk...

Top Bottom