• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 Beta: INHOUSE LEAGUE Season 1!! FREE HATS

Low Tier
said game.

261E726836A293CC4F0054DE3310DA031F7E5B76

Sanjay

...not that I want to become the official pain in the ass regarding those things but how is this any different than what we accused Loki and Uzu of yesterday?

I mean where's the balance, where's the tryhard on the other team?

We had basically 2 players that were very new, learning on the fly with Lion and Ogre Magi. We lost top lane, lost bot lane and only won mid lane. But they let mid free farm and never ganked.

Drkirby kept leaving his lane to gank the very important top lane killing Lion as many times as possible, leaving Milk to farm.

snack

Do you guys ever get issues with courier not coming to your hero to give you your the items when you click the retrieve button?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Do you guys ever get issues with courier not coming to your hero to give you your the items when you click the retrieve button?
Yes. It helps to make it fly out of the fountain first before hitting "Deliver".

PasteyMF

Shadow walk proving useful at 2 minutes.

Dazzle full health shallow graves on self.

Lich ult, because why not.

Ah yes, good 'ol GAF IHL.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
plz facebook, twitter, instagram, tumblr subscribe espn gaf, we need your support and $$$$. u know we put a lot of heart and passion into our work, we enjoy changing lives; remember TO WANT IT. sry about the resolution i'll see if i can up it in the future but i think it was maxed out.

astroboy, bzm, alumnus, and freakinchair signing out; catch our expert panel another day

edit: big shoutouts to jwongismyhero for having heart and courage. i respect u

Haly

@DrKirby, on warding:
If you are buying sentries to counterward, always buy them in a pair of sentry + observer. Sentry first to sweep, observer if clear. We didn't need four sentry wards when there were four observer wards in the inventory. Vision is more important than detection, the main purpose of counterwarding is to make sure that the coast is clear to ward (you don't want people noticing that you're dropping a ward right after killing their ward).

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
They weren't to counter ward at all, they were to try and catch BH off, and to allow us to safely push/Yuber to safely farm. The idea was that we could place them in lane, and safely push, but everything fell apart when Yuber at the last second decided "Nope, gonna farm", and teleported away from the team fight before we realized he left.

Haly

Okay, that is generally a bad way to handle BH. Again, for one, we needed vision of the lanes/jungle before we could push, since BH was not the only threat, Tide was also a big problem as well. When pushing against invis characters, the warder should slap down detection behind us or on top of us, and only after we commit to pushing, not before. Otherwise it's just a waste.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I was just listening to Yuber, who was also in the mumble. I could have also mistook some of his comments. He wanted Sentry Wards in the lanes to cover us, I made with the Sentry Wards. I wish he would just be clear if he was joining us for team fights (Since SF hits really hard in the early game), or wanted to just farm. I kept getting mixed signals from him, which likely hurt.

bzm

I was just listening to Yuber, who was also in the mumble. I could have also mistook some of his comments. He wanted Sentry Wards in the lanes to cover us, I made with the Sentry Wards. I wish he would just be clear if he was joining us for team fights (Since SF hits really hard in the early game), or wanted to just farm. I kept getting mixed signals from him, which likely hurt.

MISTAKE #1 LOL
I CAN TAKE SHOTS AT YUBES AND HE CANT EVEN RESPOND
CUZ HE DOESNT HAVE A GAF ACCOUNT
GET BANNED NERD
ROFL

Island

That game last night was fun. (Where we conceded after 20 mins, when the score was something like 7-43.) I thought my play was decent, but the other team was SO stacked.

I don't see a scoreboard up for it yet, do we not post concedes? My loss is recorded on the sheet though.

Went and pubstomped 3-0 afterwards before bed. Maybe this is the secret. Lose to the IHL then kill in MM. After being 5 games under .500 I am back over 50% though!

http://stats.dota2.be/player/18114418

kagete

Damn I wish I had more chances to watch IHL, looks like so much fun so far!

Some thoughts:

-Drunk cajun is back!
-Why does Applejack's Hat only play Lion?
-glad to see Yuber is back in the dumpster again. I can't wait for him to first pick Pillow again and watch a team implode in realtime. I would drop everything to get online and cast that game
-Can we do a one-week recap or awarding since there is a ton of games being played? I will gladly donate hats/largesse

FtHTiny

Just saw it in the list.
I´m The Stranger T, hope i remember to change my steam name today if i play another one.
Or you add it to the comments.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Not sure if it's just me but Bokr's stream replays are choppy as hell.

just skip to the post-game interviews with puppetyuber and neki bro. it was a really fun game (close for awhile), yuber completely destroyed pillow mid, but pillow's team responded and did what ppl do to shadowfiend's, they 3 camped him mid lol.

it might be choppy because i upped the resolution near the start of the game? Does the recording auto have a higher resolution, because if that was the one it was broadcasting in, seems fine to me -_-??

edit: yep, looking at a past broadcast it is definitely the resolution difference (the older is lower resolution, but the playback runs smoothly), the newer one is a lot crisper, now I'm wondering if the stream lagged when I changed the res. and no one said anything xD. I'll test it out some more today when all of espn gaf is on and ready to go. need all of our panel of experts otherwise we just won't want it, no heart or passion.

Epix

Is it just me or are we seeing a lot of "stacked" games?

Wonder if we shouldn't just use some kind of automatic MM based on current ELO where teams are organized ahead of time to be as balanced as possible to keep this interesting and the captains send out PMs with a time....

I understand this adds an additional administrative wrinkle but it would go a long way toward the lasting credibility of the IHL.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Automated system wouldn't work at the moment, it could easily generate the exact same teams or even worse.

Damn I wish I had more chances to watch IHL, looks like so much fun so far!

Some thoughts:

-Drunk cajun is back!
-Why does Applejack's Hat only play Lion?
-glad to see Yuber is back in the dumpster again. I can't wait for him to first pick Pillow again and watch a team implode in realtime. I would drop everything to get online and cast that game
-Can we do a one-week recap or awarding since there is a ton of games being played? I will gladly donate hats/largesse

I can answer that. Seeing as how I just started playing recently, the only two heroes I can play well enough are Lion and Lina. I haven't played any of the other heroes yet because well, I don't know who to pick yet. :p

Haly

Is it just me or are we seeing a lot of "stacked" games?

Wonder if we shouldn't just use some kind of automatic MM based on current ELO
We want to automate this but are lacking in ways we can do it because of the absence of a WebAPI and an experienced web coder.
where teams are organized ahead of time to be as balanced as possible to keep this interesting and the captains send out PMs with a time....
We do not want to do this because the first goal of this IHL is simply to get GAF games going. Player drafting has proved to be the best at promoting activity, but it'll take time before people are familiarized with everyone else.

Gritesh

I know when I'm captain I try to pick as follows:

1 person with a higher wins on their card 300+
2 people who are between 150 and 300 wins
2 people who are below 150 wins

I know this isnt exactly indicative of experience, but in the off chance that it directly reflects players experience I think this makes for a balanced team. Providing the other team captain has similar talent to pool from.

Wes

venison crêpe
Wonder if we shouldn't just use some kind of automatic MM based on current ELO where teams are organized ahead of time to be as balanced as possible to keep this interesting and the captains send out PMs with a time....

I think this will happen eventually. People can look at the sheet and check the relative balance of either side but right now there's simply just not enough matches played so far for ELOs to be a true reflection of ability. The more games we play, the better the system gets.

Remember it's only been going three days. Stick with it guys. It is evolving for the better.

Top Bottom