• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 Beta: INHOUSE LEAGUE Season 1!! FREE HATS

Dina

I'd like to join as well. Steamname is DinaDani. Already joined the Steam group.

Also, are these games setup ingame or through an IRC-chat channel?

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
People need to just play with their GAF name, rather than complicating things.

Artanisix

Everything has been updated up to this post.

We will be keeping things at single ladder for now to see how things work out but will be adding quality-of-life "changes."
1. Your team may now concede at 20 minutes if all people on the team agree to forfeit.
2. RD and SD modes may be played if both CAPTAINS agree to it. Else, default to CM.

OP updated with this information.

~

The below game needs to be reposted slightly larger with the correct gaf names, I can't be bothered to figure out the majority of dire team:
2012-07-23_00003.jpg

Wes

venison crêpe
Those are not always the same. My Steam nickname is Dina, but my account was from a time when it was still DinaDani.

Just make sure the name you play under (the one that appears on screen to other players, what it appears as in the lobby and NEoGAF channel, and on the end screen) is your GAF name. In your case simply "Dira". For me "Wes". Changing my name to TeamGB_95_YOLO_WES_YUROPCLEAVE isn't helpful at all.

Some thoughts:

- People should play under their GAF name to save time and avoid any misunderstandings. This is such a simple thing to do and is a courtesy to the guys organising the database.

- Posting bans and win screen. These shouldn't be seperate posts in this thread. It's hard to keep track off. Also, to make sure the same game isn't posted twice I would also type who the captains were. I know it says in the screenshot but two words are easier for the eye to pick up on than checking dozens of screenshots.

(Just use F12 in steam to take the picture, open up the location they are stored on disk after the game ends, upload them both to imgur and then post them inside quote tags so that they don't take up half of the thread page).

- I would discourage splitting up the userbase. The problem we have now is the same problem every ranked system has when it starts out - everyone starts out at the same level. The accuracy of this rating only improves by playing more games. So there are going to be stomps, but there are stomps in matchmaking too. At least this way we know we're helping out the system and it'll get better over time.

F!ReW!Re

We will be keeping things at single ladder for now to see how things work out but will be adding quality-of-life "changes."
1. Your team may now concede at 20 minutes if all people on the team agree to forfeit.
2. RD and SD modes may be played if both CAPTAINS agree to it. Else, default to CM.

Good, I think the single ladder will be better in the end, we just need everyone to get some games in so that everybody's skill level can be determined..

RD and SD? I dunno, it's fun but doesn't this allow people to play with Lycan, Nature's Prophet, etc. and maybe facilitate more stomping?
I mean don't get me wrong I love playing NP, but it seems that these kind of characters do have a huge impact on every game they're in (even if they're picked up by low level players, like myself)

demidar

Those are not always the same. My Steam nickname is Dina, but my account was from a time when it was still DinaDani.

Does it matter? I thought Steam interacts with your nickname anyway.

Also I want in, although I live in Australia so I have weird times.
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198030770017

I don't actually know which group I fall under, as I have knowledge and have played most heroes before, but I don't know of advanced techniques like ancient stacking and can be a bit dumb as to which items I get.

Artanisix

Good, I think the single ladder will be better in the end, we just need everyone to get some games in so that everybody's skill level can be determined..

RD and SD? I dunno, it's fun but doesn't this allow people to play with Lycan, Nature's Prophet, etc. and maybe facilitate more stomping?
I mean don't get me wrong I love playing NP, but it seems that these kind of characters do have a huge impact on every game they're in (even if they're picked up by low level players, like myself)

It requires approval of both captains, so we figure it's OK. Might change it to require more people later. Most people will end up doing CM anyway strictly because they DON'T want to deal with Lycans and Prophets, so it should work out fine.

F!ReW!Re

It requires approval of both captains, so we figure it's OK. Might change it to require more people later. Most people will end up doing CM anyway strictly because they DON'T want to deal with Lycans and Prophets, so it should work out fine.

Let's see how it works out in the next couple of games...
Thanks for the hard work so far! I think apart from these startup issues/discussions everyone is having a lot of fun with the IHL games!
Even if they/we get stomped, it's always nice playing with/against good players, because it is THE way to improve your own game...

Guesong

Idea: Get 10 people who want to play, make a RNG choice the teams. Have them random rather then drafted.

Eeeeeeeeh no. Then teams may be stacked by total luck. At least we can do something about it right now providing captains have it in mind to balance.

To be quite honest if you ask me, player drafting is just impossible to work with properly. While it is beneficiary to do it this way for the sake of having an easier time doing IHLs, let's not be fooled into thinking they don't have any problem.

Going back to premades teams might be best, all depending on what you guys really want ; games being played, or a better balance as a whole with the added bonus of rivalries.

Also, splitting in newbGAF and notnewbGAF wouldn't work out well, cause we'd need another mid-tier in between at least, and then it really gets fractured. Put me in newbGAF and I will make Invoker a living hell for them. Put me in notnewbGAF, and suddendly my Invoker is a helpless kitten. There's a fair share of people that are put in this dilemna I would think. Also why I'm generally frustrated in the IHL as a whole #YOLO

Dina

Just make sure the name you play under (the one that appears on screen to other players, what it appears as in the lobby and NEoGAF channel, and on the end screen) is your GAF name. In your case simply "Dira". For me "Wes". Changing my name to TeamGB_95_YOLO_WES_YUROPCLEAVE isn't helpful at all.

Yeah I know, which is why I play under Dina. My old profile was an artefact of older times, that's all.

Detox

I have no clue if this is possible but maybe someone can make an app where we enter all the players names in a lobby and it pulls their data from the spreadsheet and tries to balance as best as it can in terms of overall rating for each team. As more games are played it will be easier to set up balanced teams as people settle into the rating appropriate for them. The highest rated player on either side can be suggested as captain if nobody steps up.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Looking at the numbers, there is most likely some things wrong with the stats. When you add all the wins/looses up, you end up with 218, while it says there was 24 games. So something is off. Also, if you add up all the picks, you are only at 192. I think we are going to need to set up a website with a database sooner rather then later. Maybe have it so the fields can automatically guess the rest of what you are going to type, to save time.

Onto the numbers. In two days, 91 people have played at least 1 game, and 56 have played 2 or more. The highest number of games played so far is Pillowknight, at 9. The average amount of games per player is 2.4.

The current lowest ELO is Sarcastic Response with 1,458 being 0/3. The highest is Neki at 1,553.44 being 5/1. If you add up all the players who have played, the average ELO is 1500.354197.

61 out of the 87 heroes have been picked at least once. The top 3 picks are Tide at 15, Vennomancer at 14, and Windrunner at 12. The average number of times a hero is picked is 3.15 times.

The most common bans are Lycan, NP, and Dark Seer.

The highest win rate for a hero who has lost is Lich, being 5/1. Then Venno at 10/4, and a bunch of heroes tied at 66%.

The highest wins for a hero who hasn't lost is Bounty Hunter at 4, then Night Stalker at 3, and a bunch of heroes with 1 or 2 wins.

37 of the 87 heroes have been recorded as being banned at least once.

So far, there have been 23 heroes that haven't been picked or banned.

Alchemist, Bane, Batrider, Clockwork, Doombringer, Drow Ranger, Enchantress, Gyrocopter, Jakiro, Luna, Obsidian Destroyer, Puck, Pugna, Razor, Shadow Fiend, Silencer, Sniper, Spectre, Sven, Treant, Warlock,
Weaver, Wisp.

Only 3 heroes have been banned but never picked. Nature's Prophet at 16 bans, and Axe
and Skeleton King at 1 ban each.

loki_demi

Neo Member
hi my name is loki_demi. I have posted a rare reply about recent events.

I feel i am getting a** raped about the uzu game and sad to say i was last picked.

lets do everything in our powers to scorn uzu for picking me last guys. :)

#kthxbye

Neki

hi my name is loki_demi. I have posted a rare reply about recent events.

I feel i am getting a** raped about the uzu game and sad to say i was last picked.

lets do everything in our powers to scorn uzu for picking me last guys. :)

#kthxbye

loki swindling in hon, and now swindling now in dota

typical loki bro play

loki_demi

Neo Member
tbh honest though. kag bro was in it and he decided to go to sleep. so i stayed wanting to watch other gaffers how they played. and as rumors pointed out. i was picked... last. lame

Airan

Alchemist, Bane, Batrider, Clockwork, Doombringer, Drow Ranger, Enchantress, Gyrocopter, Jakiro, Luna, Obsidian Destroyer, Puck, Pugna, Razor, Shadow Fiend, Silencer, Sniper, Spectre, Sven, Treant, Warlock,
Weaver, Wisp.

Gyro and Luna have been picked in one game I've played. I think you're missing out some details (or someone didn't fill them in?)

This is my experience from last night.

I played 4 games. 2 we won and 2 we got curbstomped. I'm not salty about the loses, we knew that we were going to lose and we forfeited the match. All in good terms I believe.

As for the 2 other games. I have to say that I learned a lot and had great fun, same with watching the other matches.

I believe there shouldn't be any need to break up the community. The 1 pro + 2 mid + 2 noobs seems to work as long as we have willing and knowledgeable captains. I know I know that not everyone knows the skill set of everyone. But I think this will be rectified with time and more matches. The games that seem to adhere to that format are usually very contested and not one sided.

Gritesh

I think we should keep it as is and let the community balance itself out.

Also I like cm it allows inexperienced players like myself who want to get more familiar with the game in a very competitive fashion.

If there are high tier players, I will no captain, if it's a bunch of randoms I have no issue with going captain, I'm familiar enough with the game to lead some new players, and while my team might not always win, I won't shit on people and will always try to help people learn.

Detox

Gyro and Luna have been picked in one game I've played. I think you're missing out some details (or someone didn't fill them in?)

Yeah I played Gyro in my second game. The screenshots are in this thread so he probably missed it.

nilbog21

Banned

~

The below game needs to be reposted slightly larger with the correct gaf names, I can't be bothered to figure out the majority of dire team:

Here it is
I dont know who evilpig and Grandgalactic are tho

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!

No sweat, don't worry about it. If I recall correctly, in HoNGAF's IHL a few of the better players ended up with the lowest IHL.

And besides, IHL is supposed to be all in good fun. Gaffers get together and play MMing style "ranked" games. I have to say I don't always care for the tryhard picks and bans though. I think there's more variety in normal matchmaking.

bzm

Looking at the numbers, there is most likely some things wrong with the stats. When you add all the wins/looses up, you end up with 218, while it says there was 24 games. So something is off. Also, if you add up all the picks, you are only at 192. I think we are going to need to set up a website with a database sooner rather then later. Maybe have it so the fields can automatically guess the rest of what you are going to type, to save time.

Onto the numbers. In two days, 91 people have played at least 1 game, and 56 have played 2 or more. The highest number of games played so far is Pillowknight, at 9. The average amount of games per player is 2.4.

The current lowest ELO is Sarcastic Response with 1,458 being 0/3. The highest is Neki at 1,553.44 being 5/1. If you add up all the players who have played, the average ELO is 1500.354197.

61 out of the 87 heroes have been picked at least once. The top 3 picks are Tide at 15, Vennomancer at 14, and Windrunner at 12. The average number of times a hero is picked is 3.15 times.

The most common bans are Lycan, NP, and Dark Seer.

The highest win rate for a hero who has lost is Lich, being 5/1. Then Venno at 10/4, and a bunch of heroes tied at 66%.

The highest wins for a hero who hasn't lost is Bounty Hunter at 4, then Night Stalker at 3, and a bunch of heroes with 1 or 2 wins.

37 of the 87 heroes have been recorded as being banned at least once.

Weaver, Wisp.

Only 3 heroes have been banned but never picked. Nature's Prophet at 16 bans, and Axe
and Skeleton King at 1 ban each.
Time to make my move.
Don't worry too much, neki at the top is a bit of a joke, so I wouldn't put much thought into it.

Neckbeard

~

I am Moustachio - I dont' know anyone else or I'd post their GAF names as well.

Macattk15

I played HoN quite a damn bit, think I'm pretty decent at DotA 2 (all I play is SD pub games really so I have played/understand all heros) , but have never really played with anyone from GAF.

I don't know why I never have.

Maybe I should join this IHL thing .... http://stats.dota2.be/player/46092634

Where would I be placed?

Volodja

I played HoN quite a damn bit, think I'm pretty decent at DotA 2 (all I play is SD pub games really so I have played/understand all heros) , but have never really played with anyone from GAF.

I don't know why I never have.

Maybe I should join this IHL thing .... http://stats.dota2.be/player/46092634

Where would I be placed?
Everybody starts with the same ELO rating, it only changes depending on the results in the IHL games.

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
Need to know who evilpigking is, put him in the sheet under that name for the time being.

Kirby:

The mistake in total count is a left over from early spreadsheet bugs from the first ~4 games. Losses weren't being added properly and revision history bugged necessitating manual rollback. Additional errors came in when we hit over 100 players and I realized my search wasn't sufficient for that number, I hadn't accounted for such fast growth. I'm checking to make sure the proper 10 w/l is added now, and it seems to be working as intended.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Need to know who evilpigking is, put him in the sheet under that name for the time being.

Should just start warning people who don't play under their GAF name, just makes things harder than they need to be for the admins.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
So how does one actually play an IHL game? Is it just formed from people in the regular NeoGAF channel? No-one ever seems to be saying anything when I pop in there.

Artanisix

If you're talking about the hero chart -- there were some games that were put in directly by me or pro without posting in the thread when the league first started, and I couldn't remember all the picks since we had no screenshots of them. That's why we're off by a bit. Because we started tracking picks/bans/wins/losses after the league had started. And yeah, the picks is prob off a bit, but I can figure that out if the wins and losses are there.

I agree though, the sooner Valve releases a webapi for private matches, the better.

Was a screenshot posted? It was probably before we started tracking picks and bans. I'll find it later and add it to the spreadsheet.

EDIT: Added

http://i.imgur.com/z5eyL.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Don't know who Lich or Drow is, can't find them on the sheet. If anyone knows their GAF tags let me know.

EDIT: Solved

Tenck

Can I add you on steam friends LOL. Everyday Uzu comes in mumble brags how good he is at dota and then gets embarrassed every game I play.

We need warriors for the war against Uzu.

Also jet is culex-knight. He taught me all I know about Dota.

Sure, go ahead. Always better to have more people to play with.

Milabrega

URpJt.jpg

Radiant is: Crackerator, The Stranger T, Saprol, Sorijealut, AppleJack's Hat (Sarcastic Response on Gaf)

Dire is: Myself, The Doombass, Captain Fish, Doctor Grakl, NewDuck

Replay Unavailable so no shot of the bans but here they were(orders should be correct):

Radiant Bans: Lycan Furion Invoker Venomancer SD

Dire Bans: Dark seer Chen Lone Druid Enigma Sand King

Picks were:

Radiant: Leshrac, Windrunner Lion, ES, Viper

Dire: Tidehunter, Shadow Shaman, CK, Lich, Naix

Top Bottom