• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2: INHOUSE LEAGUE Season 2 |OT|

Artanisix

"Does ticket mean watch?"

We have an official ticket for IHL2. This has to be activated by an admin in the lobby so your games actually show up in the tournament watch tab.

On your dotabuff profile, if you've played in any ticketed games, you'll have what's called an esports profile that shows your stats. The league itself will also have its own page, letting everyone easily reference current wins, picks, bans, and team stats.

Example: link to the dotabuff reddit dota 2 league

It's pretty cool stuff. So make sure you get your official games ticketed.

Taking all silencer tips. When playing in to tide do I ult as we initiate (chaining silence if the tide is CCed) or do I look for some other prompt? General tips also appreciated...

Taking all silencer tips. When playing in to tide do I ult as we initiate (chaining silence if the tide is CCed) or do I look for some other prompt? General tips also appreciated...

so the general rule that i follow is keep track of the bkbs

silencer ult goes through bkb if its already activated, but its also dispelled by it so if they make you use it then they can then pop bkb and it doesnt matter

i dont remember the last time i saw a tide with bkb so youre probably safe to just use it when you jump on someone and start a fight so the tide doesnt counter initiate

Madouu

I did not feel the post explicitly addressed that question, that is why i asked.

Yes it is, hit me up if you need a cocaster.

i dont remember the last time i saw a tide with bkb so youre probably safe to just use it when you jump on someone and start a fight so the tide doesnt counter initiate

I think he is talking about kraken shell since it can dispel it. If for some reason your team is focusing tide during initiation then it can be smart to silence like a second after ravage as counter-intuitive as that may seem. If he is not focused then silence during init is almost always the best, just make sure you use for more than a kill on a venge for example...

The basic tip with silencer ultis is to bait out enemy out of their positions as much as possible before using it. So let's say you see a non blink dagger earthshaker waddling in to ulti your team into oblivion, you wait for him to be just close enough for his perfect ult and then you destroy his dreams with the press of one button.

Yes it is, hit me up if you need a cocaster.

I think he is talking about kraken shell since it can dispel it. If for some reason your team is focusing tide during initiation then it can be smart to silence like a second after ravage as counter-intuitive as that may seem. If he is not focused then silence during init is almost always the best, just make sure you use for more than a kill on a venge for example...

The basic tip with silencer ultis is to bait out enemy out of their positions as much as possible before using it. So let's say you see a non blink dagger earthshaker waddling in to ulti your team into oblivion, you wait for him to be just close enough for his perfect ult and then you destroy his dreams with the press of one button.

eh just ignore him he doesnt do shit when silenced hes a big melee creep

Madouu

eh just ignore him he doesnt do shit when silenced hes a big melee creep

Often your team doesn't think of that, sometimes tide players voluntarily take aoe damage for kraken shell to activate... sometimes your team does ignore tide but wins the fight unconvincingly and gets wrecked in the following push by ravage. The best way to play vs tide in my opinion is to make him waste ravage outside of his base or wreck the rest of his team so that ravage only is not a factor.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
There are no limitations on the number of casters (aside from broadcaster slots).

And as milkman said, ticketing games is an absolute requirement (this is in the rules) unless all admins are offline or unavailable (which should be very rare). So captains please be sure to notify an admin a little bit before your scheduled game time, and have them create the lobby and ticket for both games. Half of the teams already have admins as players, if you're on one of these teams, ez game ez lyfe.

so the general rule that i follow is keep track of the bkbs

silencer ult goes through bkb if its already activated, but its also dispelled by it so if they make you use it then they can then pop bkb and it doesnt matter
This makes sense. I'll keep that in mind

So would you say it's better to save the ult for a certain hero (like an earthshaker/tide/storm/etc.) that is crippled by the ult or do you think it's better to go for a more macro-oriented "trigger" for the ult (at the initiation/etc.)?

**Just realized I posted this in the wrong thread my b

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Since there was no hard/fast rule on game delays, I'm going to go ahead and add a new rule concerning this before the regular season begins:

Rule on delays said:
If both captains agree to delay their scheduled game, for any particular reason, they will have until the end of the scheduled day to play said match. If the game is not played by the end of the day, both teams will go 0-2 for the week. So captains that have 5 players ready to go at match time, be wary of agreeing to a delay--it's at your own risk if the game(s) is not played later. No exceptions.

If a delay is not agreed upon by both captains, these rules apply:
Official matches must be played within 15 minutes of their scheduled time. If a captain/team is late, they will be given a 15 minute grace period. After 15 minutes have passed, the team without 5 players will forfeit the first match. Another 15 minutes of wait time will be granted for the second match.
In the case of a DQ, the captain with 5 players must contact an admin who will then confirm that one team has all 5 players in the lobby and is ready to play, and the other is not. If for whatever reason, an admin is unavailable (this should RARELY occur), the captain with 5 players must send a screenshot of all 5 of his players in the game lobby, with a timestamp, to an admin.

As always, see the actual rule page for more details.

shira

Friday
-Team Hupsel vs Team Jambi @ 4 PM PST

t1428706800z4.png

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
ggs everyone! please ban jambi's phoenix.

no but honestly phoenix is awesome and i want to be more like you

Serianox

Its going to vary depending on the enemy lineup but generally its good to wait for the enemy to commit to a fight before ulting so that they cant back down after its used. If the enemy is relying on a specific hero to win fights (tide ults/storm jumping in) you can just focus using the ult just to disrupt him so that the fight goes your way. Also getting glaives lvl 1 is great to harass the enemy since it doesnt pull creep aggro.

Madouu

Here is the link for the stream: http://www.twitch.tv/tsunami643

The game hasn't started yet, everyone is in the lobby but they're waiting on tsunami to fix a few things. I guess there needs to be a ruling for this too for the next games.

Game has started, watch in game for now.

Literally only my upload speed is botched for some reason, ugh. This must be a sign.

My sincere apologies I couldn't twitch your matches Sharpnel Club and FFOM, but in-game casting should work fine. I'll try to fix my internet before the matches later tonight.

Kard8p3

Literally only my upload speed is botched for some reason, ugh. This must be a sign.

My sincere apologies I couldn't twitch your matches Sharpnel Club and FFOM, but in-game casting should work fine. I'll try to fix my internet before the matches later tonight.

did you fix your in-game audio?

did you fix your in-game audio?

Yeah, Dota never seems to preserve mic settings, so open mic defaults to some stupid threshold every time you launch the game. I read that BTS has like a checklist of things they go through before each cast and I can see why now.

at least it worked out in the end (in the client), the cast was great

the adaptive strike on the stampeding centaur which killed zeus was such a glorious mess

Top Bottom