• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT11| $400 of Support and Passion

So um, what is the point of buying these autographs? Like, do they do anything at all?

They're as pointless as real life autographs if that's what you wanna know
smile.gif

have for trade :
plain AM bashers
invoker hair
zeus bolt
gyro ray thrusters
sven shield

looking for : golden stuff (luna, gyro, golden trove carafe items)

I'm so fucking tempted to buy a zyori autograph for shits and giggles

iamblades

This Centaur build is... weird

pzPXgfo.jpg

We won though

The great thing about centaur is that all he needs to fill his role is a blink, anything else is luxury.

Sure, aghs ulti is super nice now vs team comps that rely on some heavy team fight burst, but vs teams with a lot of chasing and diving ability, it is not as useful, and a build like this might be more useful.

Octarine gives you a 400 damage nuke on a 6 second cooldown and a 2.75 second stun on less than a 10 second cooldown.

You also get a 45 second ult cooldown and like a 11 second dagon 5.

Which combined with stomp and double edge, that is basically a dead hero every ~11 seconds.

It's all about what the situation requires.

Okay I lied, I just bought 5 more of the Lockless Luckvessel. No Venoling. Recycled all of them, got 2 free chests, recycled those and got nothing

I literally just threw away $20 lmao valve you monsters

Okay I lied, I just bought 5 more of the Lockless Luckvessel. No Venoling. Recycled all of them, got 2 free chests, recycled those and got nothing

Don't do it man. I spent way more than I should have on a Faceless Rex...

well I do have a venoling that i'll probably never equip anyway so if you've got something that might interest me...

When will compendium predictions be open?

You guys spend a lot on hats. I like items but not enough to really buy in bulk like I'm seeing....I really don't get this autograph stuff that's going on.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I feel sort of burned that the Midas Knuckles that comes with the Alchemist hat is also included in the Luckbox as a normal item. I guess its fine, I did sort of buy the hat to put on a kirby plush.

I guess to many hats got scrapped due to the community bitching (Void MoM, Lion hat, Viper Hat) that they had to put the Midas Knuckle in the luckbox. 5 items feel low.

Trickster

Man, I am definitely not the audience for this round of immortals, don't get the point of any of it, the autographs and merging of gems, the pricepoint, and the nonsensical recycle mechanic

Anyway, honest question, if you have that kind of money to throw around, why not just buy more treasures, rather than use what is obviously a very unrewarding gamble mechanic? Those 5 immortals would most likely have been able to get you something worth more than the 2 you got from recycling the first 5 no?

Man, I am definitely not the audience for this round of immortals, don't get the point of any of it, the autographs and merging of gems, the pricepoint, and the nonsensical recycle mechanic

Anyway, honest question, if you have that kind of money to throw around, why not just buy more treasures, rather than use what is obviously a very unrewarding gamble mechanic? Those 5 immortals would most likely have been able to get you something worth more than the 2 you got from recycling the first 5 no?

1. We have too much money and Valve is doing us a favour of unburdening us of it.

2. We get to support the item creators and the game when we purchase it directly

3. The autograph is mainly about supporting the people whom you like.

4. The immortals are generally just 1 item per hero, granted, but the massive changes they bring to the abilities are arguably better than most sets.

5. I still agree with you that the gamble mechanic is pretty shitty.

Dota is basically my only hobby. It's what I spend 90% of my disposable income on. I don't mind taking weird chances to try things out. There's not much of an opportunity cost in it for me. i rarely regret money I've spent on this game. Even the 57 Collector's Caches I've opened were worth it to me in the end because it got me tons of compendium levels which led to more Immortal Treasure I, II, and III.

Kade

Things I can trade for the couriers:

-Rising Thunder keys
-Bioshock (Steam)
-Meepo Immortal
-Tinker Immortals
-Huskar Immortal
-Magnus Immortal
-Anti-Mage Immortal
-Gyrocopter Immortal

I WANT THE DAMN COURIERS

iamblades

I like how they did the autograph rune this time(or did they do that last time as well)

Nice to be able to pick the item to get the autograph

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Why are there cute 3d chinese grills in my dota?

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
I feel sort of burned that the Midas Knuckles that comes with the Alchemist hat is also included in the Luckbox as a normal item. I guess its fine, I did sort of buy the hat to put on a kirby plush.

I guess to many hats got scrapped due to the community bitching (Void MoM, Lion hat, Viper Hat) that they had to put the Midas Knuckle in the luckbox. 5 items feel low.

The luckbox has always been five I think but the other one was more last year. Some of those in progress items really sucked though.

bounchfx

Got my stuff, didn't get a golden BH but I did get the rare mount plush and a jakiro. I guess I gotta buy one more now since I want invoker

Quesa

I think some people probably have this, but I have custom icons for every ability on tide?

nvm I guess they were updated

Top Bottom