• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT11| $400 of Support and Passion

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
This first day has been a bit of a mess. Started super late and now a seriously extended technical issue.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
I can only imagine they're gonna have to reschedule some games at this point. We're nearly eight hours into the day and only 4 of 10 games have been completed.

iamblades

Well this has turned into a total shit show.

Fitting for a cloud 9 game i guess.
Keepo.png
Kappa.png

Why are they not even saying anything about what is going on or an ETA?

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Well this has turned into a total shit show.

Fitting for a cloud 9 game i guess.
Keepo.png
Kappa.png

Why are they not even saying anything about what is going on or an ETA?

Valve lol

We were just working really hard on fixing it we couldn't take a minute to have our broadcasters explain it to the benefit of 15,000 live viewers or however many online.

bounchfx

well damn, that went fast. Sorry if I missed anyone! I definitely got to see Drkirby and Hylian, I think Steve stopped by but I was in conversation. Feel free to yell at me next time Steve. I will be without beard going forward (shaving now).

I ran out of my prints and buttons way faster than I expected, I kinda feel bad for not getting more but that shit is expensive. I also got interviewed by Kaci so who knows if we will see that later, I was pretty nervous but it was fun, she's really cool. It will mark the last public appearance of my beard hahah.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
well damn, that went fast. Sorry if I missed anyone! I definitely got to see Drkirby and Hylian, I think Steve stopped by but I was in conversation. Feel free to yell at me next time Steve. I will be without beard going forward (shaving now).

I ran out of my prints and buttons way faster than I expected, I kinda feel bad for not getting more but that shit is expensive. I also got interviewed by Kaci so who knows if we will see that later, I was pretty nervous but it was fun, she's really cool. It will mark the last public appearance of my beard hahah.
Oh. Shit.

I invited cyborgmatt to the gaf meetup

yeah I gave you the head nod

I'll see you later I'm sure nbd

TUSR

Banned
H7:
FYI, I talked to the HTC Vive people today. They said the demo is invite only and you get an invite by randomly getting a golden ticket when you buy something from Secret Shop

DrPizza

Banned
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif
oexTA6a.gif
oexTA6a.gif
oexTA6a.gif
oexTA6a.gif
oexTA6a.gif
oexTA6a.gif
oexTA6a.gif
oexTA6a.gif
oexTA6a.gif
oexTA6a.gif
oexTA6a.gif
oexTA6a.gif
oexTA6a.gif

Another year, another call to dump Xbox. And ArtStyle's drafting in that money match...breh. Nope.
idk, the only real mistake he made was not TPing out top sooner, so he could have saved his 10 second BKB. That had a knock-on consequence at the Roshan pit. I'm not really sure why he hesitated.

The Tusk didn't pay off (especially as he kept getting caught out even though the gem had been revealed). The wrong Shallow Grave himself was deeply unfortunate, but in reality it wasn't what cost them the match. Losing Shallow Grave to Rubick was probably worse.

Honestly, I think Lina spent too much time in the trees trying to catch out the Shadow Fiend. They did, eventually, pull it off in the south of the map. But Lina scales well with farm; can't farm while hiding in the trees.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Great game. And God damn is it getting late. Stadium is starting to get pretty sparse, and all the over priced food shops shut down.

Azusa

This patch is probably the most noob friendly ever. Well, besides techies and bloodseeker. Dota 2 has been becoming more casual since 6.80.

It's not near the SMITE noob friendly level. I'm 20 hours in and I haven't played with every hero from limited pool. And I'm still playing with bots. But it's OK, at least I have more fun here.

The ushers like kicked us out of our seats so my friend and I just kind of left. This last game going anywhere?

Also city hostel is Dota central right now.

eh, not too surprised, just disappointed
looks like they could have taken it too, lineup wasn't the best to deal with SF + luna though

newbee has to be feeling down too
dac15_nosewipe.gif

As for C9 well.. not surprised either
horse.gif

Little disappointed in C9. They have been underperforming the whole tournament. In fact, they seemed clearly stronger last year. I can't see them beating any upper bracket team.

abunai

was so surprised to wake up this morning to see the games still going, bananas
shame about hot6, that draft was pretty bad

C9 continue to be either amazing or terrible, they're the new hon-fnatic

To me cdec is kinda slapping teams in the face who played all year going into tournaments to get better and play at ti. Now here we are seeing a wildcard team having a shot at winning ti.

kionedrik

To me cdec is kinda slapping teams in the face who played all year going into tournaments to get better and play at ti. Now here we are seeing a wildcard team having a shot at winning ti.

Winning TI is stretching it a bit too far but at the very least they will finish in the top 6, which for a wild card team is as good as you can hope for.

They are very good mechanically but seem to lack the ability to adapt during the match if things aren't going their way. Fortunately they draft in a way that minimizes the opponent's ability to do that.

Winning TI is stretching it a bit too far but at the very least they will finish in the top 6, which for a wild card team is as good as you can hope for.

Their group was kinda weak so it's not surprising they have done this well. They 2-0'd 2 teams that have already gone home, 1 that barely made it out of LB1, and Empire who are inconsistent as all hell. They lost to EG and VP, and faced probably the worst team in the Winners Bracket right away. I don't see them beating anyone other than C9 out of those top 8 teams. Don't get me wrong, they are doing great, but they are probably tier 1.5 at best, and LGD--with the way they have been playing--is most likely going to stomp them.

Top Bottom