• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT11| $400 of Support and Passion

fear won games supporting with worthless robert "bdiz" tinnes, pve simulator Rave.Jeyo, mercenary Jimmy "Demon" Ho, and thrower Alan "SExyBambOE" FaraJ. aui is replaceable you cannot find 4 games where aui won them the game and not Sumail or universe. AUI2K NAGA SLEEP WAOW NO ONE ELSE CAN DO THAT GAME WINNER DISENGAGE

Yea pretty much this. FEAR on support was like LeBron trying to carry the '07 Cavs to the Championship. Scrubs up and down the roster. He was clearly the best player on the team at that time.

Zai may still be with the team regularly or he may just be on break and still on the roster as he does his school thing. S4 is continually being linked with Alliance. They could certainly use his services.

The bit about Zai says nothing, he could easily leave to a different team after he comes back. Also RTZ could also just be talking about S4's new teammates at Secret, no confirmation on him leaving just yet, though it's obvious S4 is still very good friends with Bulldog, Akke and Loda and it would be no surprise if he went back. It's either stay at Secret or go to Alliance, I don't see him going in a completely different direction.
But with the roster lock on majors, Zai should have a team before the cutoff no?

Even as a 6th man, valve allows it.
That would depend on how much time Zai will have to play Dota, it's risky for Secret to get him as a backup as he will probably not be available most of the time.

Radec

The bit about Zai says nothing, he could easily leave to a different team after he comes back. Also RTZ could also just be talking about S4's new teammates at Secret, no confirmation on him leaving just yet.

But with the roster lock on majors, Zai should have a team before the cutoff no?

Even as a 6th man, valve allows it.

Anuxinamoon

Shaper Divine
I knew the pos Ti resuffle would be crazy, but not like this.
aaaah.gif

JustinBB7

This whole shuffle.. damn.

EE on a team with a real leader like Puppey would work very well I think

I honestly think this might work too. EE wants to do it all, play carry and be captain, while most captains are supports normally. If Puppey is full captain again EE can focus on carrying better.
not feeding

He was on support in 2013 for several months before TI3. Team as a whole was inconsistent and they didn't make TI3 as a result, but FEAR was solid. That was when they had Sexy Bamboe, Jeyo and I think they still had DemoN at the time.

Will watch vids for sure.

Not saying he can't play there. PPD is full of plop.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
At least EG can finally start to move their 2EZ4RTZ T-shirt overstock again.

Just caught up with the changes. Aui literally gave them a free ban for the TI finals and now they're kicking him for a roster that seems dubious at best seeing as there's a player with a fucked up arm who's 40 years old, 2 hard carry mid players, a captain, and Universe.

Sincerely hoping that EG shows 0 results since that is so stupid and I hate watching both sumail and rtz.

Randdalf

Just caught up with the changes. Aui literally gave them a free ban for the TI finals and now they're kicking him for a roster that seems dubious at best seeing as there's a player with a fucked up arm who's 40 years old, 2 hard carry mid players, a captain, and Universe.

Sincerely hoping that EG shows 0 results since that is so stupid and I hate watching both sumail and rtz.

They were banning the hero not the player though. I could understand if it was something like Bulldog, but if Aui wasn't there I'm pretty sure they'd have someone else playing Techies and Naga.

They were banning the hero not the player though. I could understand if it was something like Bulldog, but if Aui wasn't there I'm pretty sure they'd have someone else playing Techies and Naga.

aui's techies gave them ptsd. who on this current roster even plays it?

Deadly

Really gotta wonder why s4 would rejoin Alliance. Sure the comfort is there but I just don't see them getting good again considering their performance ever since TI3

Pratfall

holy shit, its almost as if dota teams are a collection of talented players run by organizations that want to make the most money and not a group of best friends?????????????????????????

Alliance are a group of best friends

KappaPride
Really gotta wonder why s4 would rejoin Alliance. Sure the comfort is there but I just don't see them getting good again considering their performance ever since TI3

A lot has changed since then, Bulldog and EGM weren't motivated after TI3 and Loda was at his worst form. Bulldog is playing much better now and EGM isn't in the picture anymore(and he probably won't come back, I've seen no evidence of him ever regaining his motivation), I don't see why they wouldn't want to try it again. Worst case scenario they're at least comfortable and don't hate playing Dota with each other.

Alliance's team right now isn't awful, but Pajkatt and Loda on one team does not work, they both kinda play the 1 position and force Bulldog to play a non-greedy 3, which he can do but it limits his options. S4 and Loda compliment each other perfectly as S4 tends to like playmaking heroes over snowballing ones(which is why he's my favorite player).

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
It's too bad that Aui got kicked but i'm not gonna get angry about it like some people, aui was good but there was other considerations that decided his exit, i'm just gonna give PPD the benefit of the doubt since he probably knows what's best for his team unlike me. I wonder if Fear's arm was the culprit for the changes.

I think it can add an element of surprise to EG's drafts since you may not know who is going mid at initial view of the draft.

Didn't they get caught out a few times when hero's didn't lane in the expected places? Maybe this is what they are after. Also there is more than enough map for two people demanding a lot of farm.

I think it can add an element of surprise to EG's drafts since you may not know who is going mid at initial view of the draft.

Didn't they get caught out a few times when hero's didn't lane in the expected places? Maybe this is what they are after. Also there is more than enough map for two people demanding a lot of farm.

Sumail is the best mid in the world so you have no reason to put him safelane honestly

shira

Yeah they ran some QOP safelane, but it's also a guarantee that Sumail wins mid, since RTZ is about the only mid that consistently beat him

megalowho

Feel for Aui, he's a likeable good player and it doesn't sound like he was notified in a professional way, but can't help but be excited for the new EG lineup. S A D B O Y S was the team that got me into watching Dota outside of TI's and Sumail's career is just getting started. Too many stars/egos is a potential issue but people get older and wiser and learn from past mistakes. If they can make it click they're going to be scary.

Tworak

hilarious that they reshuffle a winning team. especially since it's fucking disagree_2000 the only likable guy on eg.

eg cuntiest team 2015/2016.

shira

Feel for Aui, he's a likeable good player and it doesn't sound like he was notified in a professional way, but can't help but be excited for the new EG lineup. S A D B O Y S was the team that got me into watching Dota outside of TI's and Sumail's career is just getting started. Too many stars/egos is a potential issue but people get older and wiser and learn from past mistakes. If they can make it click they're going to be scary.

Well he is Canadian.

I doubt an organization like EG would do it unprofessional, in fact it was oddly unprofessional of Kurt to leak it in a tweet, but understandable.

This was linked few pages ago, and is a better showcase, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlkJb0u6x7U

Oh yeah, I forgot about that one. Still amazing.

To be honest, I'm still confused as to why EG thinks replacing Aui with RTZ and shifting fear to pos 4 will help them succeed more than they already have, but it's up to them.

Doesn't mean it doesn't suck, just like when my boy BigDaddy got kicked off of Team Secret :/

Hopefully Aui finds a team that's successful. At least he has the DAC and TI prize pool money to help him out in the meantime.

Artanisix

lol at people saying aui never won eg a game, what a joke. this guy is probably the strongest 4-position player in dota right now. his influence over wins isn't something obvious like sumail diving in because that's not what his role aims to do. he secures a ridiculous amount of farm and map control for both himself and his team.

Arol

Isn't shifting Fear to position 4 done in order to help alleviate his arm problems?

Honestly, Fear is one of my favorite players so I'm glad he won TI, especially since at such a young age he might be dealing with arm problems to last a lifetime.

And all these guys aren't really making professional sports money to help offset any future injuries they suffer, especially if they mispend their money.

Hopefully as more money comes into the scene, dedicated physical trainers can become a thing for organizations. Or better yet, substitutes are used so players don't have to play every match/tournament.

shira

what happens when fear's arm heals and he wants back on carry

WHAT THEN

It's a repetitive stress injury. I doubt he can stop doing whatever he is doing wrong and too set in his ways to recorrect.

It's just easier overall to have less overall stress and arm movements as a support. I think he's basically retired as a carry except for the occasional pocket strat.

Fuck you EG

Sumail is like a younger, better RTZ

Why would you want that pompous asshole back on the team in place of Aui
rage.gif
rage.gif
rage.gif
so they can sell more meme t-shirts
that's probably about it
next major is going to be so random, no team will have time to really shine by then so people can judge who has the best chances

Top Bottom