• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT11| $400 of Support and Passion

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
0iViumY.png

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1714655408

techies.

Pratfall

Super sad for aui. I understand wanting RTZ back, he's a great replacement for Fear, but why stick Fear on support? If he's up in the air about his elbow, sit him out and keep aui. This seems premature.

i dunno, probably has something to do with bandwagons

Hylian7

When I was watching the all star match at TI5, at one point it looked like the range on Gyro's Rocket Barrage was too long in Reborn. I checked in Reborn vs Source 1 and it is in fact correct: 400 range. I think if something gets nerfed on Rocket Barrage, I think the range will be the first to go. 400 Range for a skill like that with zero cast point is ridiculous.

What the fuck happened while I was asleep? Didn't PPD make a tweet to Niqua after he got kicked from Alliance about how it's unfair they kicked him after all he's done for them? FUCK YOU PPD. Who treats people like this? Apparently nobody even told Aui to his face that he was getting kicked wtf.

RTZ said on his stream that he definitely wanted to play mid, so how the fuck is this supposed to work? Was Fear support, RTZ safelane worth breaking up a TI winning team?

Aui deserved better than this, cursed with 2 awful human beings kicking him back to back.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Okay okay.

1 ???
2 s4
3 ???
4/5 Aui, Puppey

Let's go Secret!

Shengar

What the fuck happened while I was asleep? Didn't PPD make a tweet to Niqua after he got kicked from Alliance about how it's unfair they kicked him after all he's done for them? FUCK YOU PPD. Who treats people like this? Apparently nobody even told Aui to his face that he was getting kicked wtf.

RTZ said on his stream that he definitely wanted to play mid, so how the fuck is this supposed to work? Was Fear support, RTZ safelane worth breaking up a TI winning team?

Aui deserved better than this, cursed with 2 awful human beings kicking him back to back.

lshUo9F.gif

Seriously, wtf man. This far worse than I thought.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
So 1437 said secret will not disband.
Puppey and s4 will reform secret while zai is going to school but also a sub.
Kinda supports this
YYe8qH1.png-

Kuro will make a german team. I have a feeling what PPD said about kuro is true.
Nice guy outside which everybody likes but have an ego.

Reddit is telling me it isn't S4 + EE + IceIceIce + Puppy ;-;

Boys, we really don't know what was going on in their locker room. If they didn't feel like he was gelling with the team, it's time for him to go no matter how much you like him. If the rest of them felt the same way there was definitely something up. You can love a guy without wanting to be in a foxhole with him.

Aui will land on his feet somewhere as usual. EG will have to figure out where to put Artour again since I don't see any reason why SumaiL would stop playing mid for them. I guess he'll be on carry with FEAR back to playing support. That probably works a bit better for them than Aui did, but we'll see.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
How does Theeban know so much? That guy gets around.

Theeban said its not those 4, it can mean anything like s4 going to alliance is real.....in which case Dondo! please reunite with Puppey

Dendi loves Xbox too much to do what's best for his career and team. Blind loyalty is why Na'Vi is where they are while the strongest teams at TI continue to remake core parts of their roster in order to find a combination that is really strong. Fuck loyalty; get money. People can be your friends without being on your team.

Wok

I believe ppd expect massive nerfs to Aui's signature heroes, so he kicks Aui before the meta change occurs.

This is the last time PPD wins a TI. EG becomes a team of egos, which will just be able to sustain thanks to individual talents like Secret, but the team is bound to explode due to the "I'am right, you're wrong" mindset. RTZ is a more mechanically skilled version of mason.

It is as if ppd got a massive ego boost due to his stupid game-winning ice vortex and ice blast. He only remembers the performance of Aui during the last TI game, forgets about all the massive previous performances of Aui. He also disregards the Techies/Naga bans which made the draft easier for the captain, because he believes the meta will change and make Aui useless.

Reckoner

I got so angry on the last two matches that I went at them so hard. Sometimes you just gotta carry and support the miserable team you get. Shakerino shake that booty ass

well there goes my love for EG

Kicking such a lovable/good player so that you can take back that obnoxious trashbag, please.

i did more tower damage than all of my teammates combined

lmao
Well that's very common with certains carries honestly. Luna, AM, TB, lycan, tiny, etc.

JC Sera

There is a very cynical nasty part of me that translates the PPD tweet "letting him go early as possible so he has the best chance to find a new team" to "letting him go early as possible so he can't leak our post TI strats"

Like I know this isn't the case but ughhghghghghhghghghghghghghhghhghghgh this is so fucking unfair
Universe where the fuck are you durign this, hes your fuckign friend

Valygar

Seems to me there was conflict with ppd drafts. I'm not saying he drafts bad but it seems anyone who might disagree with him gets out of EG. Maybe he's the person who does not know how to lead... In all teams there are discussion of the drafts but not this drama.
With arteezy back I expect this issue will happen again.
Maybe if we see again TI5 cameras while drafting this could make sense. When they won they did not seem very happy, I thought it was because they were tired but maybe they expected this.

When they won they did not seem very happy, I thought it was because they were tired but maybe they expected this.
There are so many emotions going through their heads at that time plus the drain of playing the most important match in Dota's history.

They were very happy it's just hard for some people to express that.

jew

Banned
Arteezy is the best player in the world. Any team would jump at the chance to land him. He's a marketable name.

It really sucks. He's one of the most interesting players imo along with Zai, able to play so many damn heroes really well and combine it with a great understanding of the game's mechanics.

Ultimately teams have to gel to perform optimally and if Aui has a tendency to step on his captains' toes - and he might - then it's not really surprising. It just sucks because he's such a nice dude and apparently got dumped in a really shitty way multiple times.

It would be sweet if he were the first player to win TI twice....

Top Bottom