• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT11| $400 of Support and Passion

Holden

Fuck you EG

Sumail is like a younger, better RTZ

Why would you want that pompous asshole back on the team in place of Aui
rage.gif
rage.gif
rage.gif

to make fans salty™
pjsalt.png

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Gyro cracks me up and he turned DP into the Avatar.

liezryou

Wasn't PPD the one who called out Alliance for kicking out Niqua right before TI and calling for team loyalty? LOLWUT?

Seriously though, I'm sure there won't be any ego clashes or any drama now that arteezy is on the team! Bleed blue u motherfockers.

Sanjay

lol at people saying aui never won eg a game, what a joke. this guy is probably the strongest 4-position player in dota right now. his influence over wins isn't something obvious like sumail diving in because that's not what his role aims to do. he secures a ridiculous amount of farm and map control for both himself and his team.

Its hard for Aui to win games when the other team bans his heroes. I'm pretty sure all the bans were directed towards Sumail and Aui in the grand finals. Now it will be Sumail and Art which are really the same bans.

Their current dynamic is great and when you got that type of balance, why change it.

When Aui switches to farm and gets the space and the other team smoke ganks and are like should we gank Aui the number 4? space made.

Fear was a carry that battles a lot too and gives up his farm space to Aui. I don't see Art doing the same.

Its going to be interesting how EG play now, different or will they try to play the same stlye, I look forward to seeing it but it fucking sucks what they did to Aui.

I like all the brown guys on EG except one of the white guys, PPD, fear is cool, so its hard not to support them. Theres always one cunt in a team, right.

Haly

Its hard for Aui to win games when the other team bans his heroes. I'm pretty sure all the bans were directed towards Sumail and Aui in the grand finals. Now it will be Sumail and Art which are really the same bans.

Eating two bans is a win, Sanjay. It means two more options for Sumail and Universe.

Aui was creating strategical space just by being there.

liezryou

Eating two bans is a win, Sanjay. It means two more options for Sumail and Universe.

Aui was creating strategical space just by being there.

Forget literally everything else. Have they forgotten what happened last time arteezy was on EG?

A few months later and a TI win later they want him back? Lol calling it now, there will be major drama in the majors XD.

Their current dynamic is great and when you got that type of balance, why change it.

When Aui switches to farm and gets the space and the other team smoke ganks and are like should we gank Aui the number 4? space made.

Fear was a carry that battles a lot too and gives up his farm space to Aui. I don't see Art doing the same.

Its going to be interesting how EG play now, different or will they try to play the same stlye, I look forward to seeing it but it fucking sucks what they did to Aui.

I like all the brown guys on EG except one of the white guys, PPD, fear is cool, so its hard not to support them. Theres always one cunt in a team, right.

Agreed. But again, we don't know what their chemistry and dynamic was like on the inside or how they felt about individual contributions after they watched their many replays in real matches and scrims. Clearly after looking at everything, they did not feel like Aui's style or personality were good for the team long-term. Cut out the problem before it actually becomes a problem is usually a good thing. People can't get emo over business decisions.

If people want friendship love stories, go get on the Na'Vi bandwagon. Everyone else understands there are millions at stake and that putting themselves in the best position to win it is the #1 objective. Nobody was "done wrong". They made an executive decision -- seemingly with the rest of the team in agreement -- and cut ties. Doing him "wrong" would have been waiting until the week before the cut-off date for the next major to ensure that he also couldn't get on another team. Would people have felt better about it if this came 2 or 3 weeks from now and really fucked Aui over? Keep your perspective, people. You can like him and his style all you want, but apparently the rest of the team had concerns about him and/or his style and felt it would not go well into the future for them. That's what matters in situations like these. It will never "look good" from the outside and there is no timing that would satisfy those who like him.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Wasn't PPD the one who called out Alliance for kicking out Niqua right before TI and calling for team loyalty? LOLWUT?

Seriously though, I'm sure there won't be any ego clashes or any drama now that arteezy is on the team! Bleed blue u motherfockers.

Yeah except they decided to part with Aui after TI and a few weeks before the major season began so he can find a new team. PPD wasn't calling out Alliance for changing their roster, he was calling them out for kicking a player right before TI; so 1) they get booted down to qualis and 2) that player doesn't have any time to find a new team. Not the case here.

Arteezy is pretty much one of the best carries in the world, he'll do fine. The question really is, can Fear have a lot of impact from the 4 and play it well? If he can, great; team might have gotten better. If he can't, well then you got problems.

manfestival

I dont know if I agree with those saying that sumail is better individually than rtz but he definitely is a better team player than rtz

liezryou

Yeah except they decided to part with Aui after TI and a few weeks before the major season began so he can find a new team. PPD wasn't calling out Alliance for changing their roster, he was calling them out for kicking a player right before TI; so 1) they get booted down to qualis and 2) that player doesn't have any time to find a new team. Not the case here.

https://twitter.com/ppdDota/status/593210604955049985

Can u read minds? Are you a Jedi? Cause that is clearly not what PPD said.

I don't doubt the fact that RTZ will do well but just recently he was talking about how he wanted to play mid, this move makes no sense in that case. Unless Sumail goes safelane but that makes even less sense.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
https://twitter.com/ppdDota/status/593210604955049985

Can u read minds? Are you a Jedi? Cause that is clearly not what PPD said.

No, but I can read into the context. It's pretty shitty to get kicked right before TI and left w/o a team for the biggest dota event of the year, especially a team that you probably helped secure an invite to the main event (that was later revoked because of this). The entire Aui situation isn't comparable at all. This is when dota rosters reshuffle post-TI, pre major season--it is the off-season for dota. Yeah, it's shocking that the team who just won it all would reshuffle, but hey, the players felt like they still wanted a change; they informed the player early and gave him plenty of time to find a new team for the season.

I don't doubt the fact that RTZ will do well but just recently he was talking about how he wanted to play mid, this move makes no sense in that case. Unless Sumail goes safelane but that makes even less sense.

He was saying that he enjoyed controlling the game from mid, and that he wants to go back, but then immediately clarified to his twitch chat horde that this doesn't necessarily mean he's actually going back to mid--only that he wanted to, but can't necessarily if the team doesn't allow for it (which is the case with EG).

No, but I can read into the context. It's pretty shitty to get kicked right before TI and left w/o a team for the biggest dota event of the year, especially a team that you probably helped secure an invite to the main event (that was later revoked because of this). The entire Aui situation isn't comparable at all. This is when dota rosters reshuffle post-TI, pre major season--it is the off-season for dota. Yeah, it's shocking that the team who just won it all would reshuffle, but hey, the players felt like they still wanted a change; they informed the player early and gave him plenty of time to find a new team for the season.
I have no idea where you're getting this from, do you have a source? Common consensus at the time was that Alliance wouldn't have gotten a direct invite anyway and the player switch just solidified that. They definitely weren't playing better than any other EU teams that got directly invited.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
he doesn't go full tilt babyrage mode either, unlike artour.

Does arteezy do this in competitive games? Or does his team just lose? I don't think I've ever seen rtz "tilt" in a competitive game, sure, he's made a couple mistakes, but he doesn't really go full tilt mode like envy. Both rtz and sumail are the two most talented dota players right now in my book, back in June I would have said rtz > sumail in a second; rtz embarassed sumail in the midlane multiple times (the only player to really do so 1 on 1), but sumail has clearly stepped his game up since then.

I have no idea where you're getting this from, do you have a source? Common consensus at the time was that Alliance wouldn't have gotten a direct invite anyway and the player switch just solidified that. They definitely weren't playing better than any other EU teams that got directly invited.

I was just speculating, hence the probably. We will never know in actuality, but I think alliance with niqua would have gotten invited. Who knows though, but it's not really relevant to my main point anyhow; he got kicked just before TI and didn't have any time to find a new team. The circumstances were very different.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Alliance kicked Niqua as they knew they weren't going to get an invite so they just brought Bulldog back.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut

That's what lord gaben grants for major offseasons; if you wanna shuffle your roster, now is the best time to do it--for the player and for the team
smile.gif
. Also plenty of time for a player with Aui's cred, and especially with pretty much every western team outside of EG in a state of mystery. Everyone's looking to shuffle.

terrible decision

where will he even play?

Carry. Fear to pos. 4.

Haly

I figured it out.

Earth Spirit will get added to CM in 6.85. Then it's:

Sumail: Storm Spirit
RTZ: Ember Spirit
Universe: Earth Spirit
Fear: Spirit Breaker
ppd: Vengeful Spirit

Sanjay

I dont know if I agree with those saying that sumail is better individually than rtz but he definitely is a better team player than rtz

Arteezy and Sumail are the Ronaldo and Messi of football and now they both play for the same team.

I figured it out.

Earth Spirit will get added to CM in 6.85. Then it's:

Sumail: Storm Spirit
RTZ: Ember Spirit
Universe: Earth Spirit
Fear: Spirit Breaker
ppd: Vengeful Spirit

Thats a team winning draft Haly, I approve.

liezryou

Yeah i'm sure he will be able to find a team that is capable of winning a TI in 2 weeks before the major roster lock.

Nice logic.

Haly

RTZ gonna play 4.

I would love to see this.

Position 4 naga that rushes radiance and farms the enemy jungle remotely.

Secret needs a 1, a 3 and a 4. They can tag in Aui to replace Kuro.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Yeah i'm sure he will be able to find a team that is capable of winning a TI in 2 weeks before the major roster lock.

Nice logic.

TI is in one year? I kind of think there is a big difference between changing players as invites to TI5 start to go out and the qualis are announced, and literally 1 year away from TI6. There are going to be two to three week reshuffle periods after every major, he's got plenty of time to figure out the right fit for and I hope he does.

I understand people upset for aui and fans upset their favorite player is leaving EG. But this whole "WE DEMAND AN EXPLANATION" "BAD TIMING" outrage on various sites is just so...reddit? This is pretty much the best 2 week period to change rosters in dota for the team(s) and the player(s) in question. It is as much of an offseason that this game is going to get.

Sanjay

Whats happening in two weeks time? more tournaments? I will get to see all news teams in action already. Damn nothing stops the Dota 2 TRAIN. Is there a website detailing things?

abunai

Whats happening in two weeks time? more tournaments? I will get to see all news teams in action already. Damn nothing stops the Dota 2 TRAIN. Is there a website detailing things?

Roster lock before the new 'season' starts is rumoured to be september 1st. So no changes if you want to be invited to the qualifiers for major #1

trade deadline....if you want to be eligible for the next major, you need to lock in your team by then...presumably the same applies for the other majors too...

domstah

I don't think this about kicking Aui2000 to make room for RTZ, I think it's more about making room for Fear - especially if he needs to get surgery for his arm.

EG clearly does not want Fear in the Carry position, so they get the best carry in the game at the moment - meanwhile they have a core roster problem, by having 6 members. EG chose Fear over Mason, and they chose Fear over Aui2000.

TL;DR The issue here isn't RTZ, it's Fear.

Haly

TL;DR The issue here isn't RTZ, it's Fear.

I really hope this is the case. Unless Fear publicizes what his arm situation is we can't say for sure, though. And if it isn't really about his arm, then this reflects poorly on everyone involved.

(Even if it was, PPD still should've had the presence of mind to confront Aui about it and make a public statement. But he's a manchild hopped up on his own success so...)

trade deadline....if you want to be eligible for the next major, you need to lock in your team by then...presumably the same applies for the other majors too...

There'll probably be (open) qualifiers too, so even if a team's roster gets switched after they can still qualify just aren't eligible to get invited

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
I really hope this is the case. Unless Fear publicizes what his arm situation is we can't say for sure, though. And if it isn't really about his arm, then this reflects poorly on everyone involved.

(Even if it was, PPD still should've had the presence of mind to confront Aui about it and make a public statement. But he's a manchild hopped up on his own success so...)

I think that was the plan; however, seems like after the internal team vote to part ways with Aui, someone spilled the beans to him early.

Top Bottom