• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT11| $400 of Support and Passion

Hylian7

I wasn't aware actually. My bad.
sad.gif

Still seems like a stupidly inconvenient shuffle just to fit Arteezy in there. Somewhere they seem to have forgotten that having great players in all your roles is what wins you games, not just reaching for big names like Arteezy.

Still seems like a stupidly inconvenient shuffle just to fit Arteezy in there. Somewhere they seem to have forgotten that having great players in all your roles is what wins you games, not just reaching for big names like Arteezy.

I feel bad for Aui too, but it seems remarkably presumptuous of you to say this. You seem to think that PPD has no idea what wins you games, when the fact is that EG with PPD at the helm has won TI5, and you haven't. I'd say that means PPD likely has a better idea what it takes to win games than you do, and if he thinks it's better for the team to go with Fear as position 4 and Arteezy at position 1 I'm more inclined to trust his judgement than yours.

I feel bad for Aui too, but it seems remarkably presumptuous of you to say this. You seem to think that PPD has no idea what wins you games, when the fact is that EG with PPD at the helm has won TI5, and you haven't. I'd say that means PPD likely has a better idea what it takes to win games than you do, and if he thinks it's better for the team to go with Fear as position 4 and Arteezy at position 1 I'm more inclined to trust his judgement than yours.

Yeah but the fact is that the team who won TI5 was :
Fear
Sumail
Universe
Aui
ppd

In these positions.
And they even won 3-1.
But surely getting rtz is better :^) gotta get those MEMEBOYS

Randdalf

All previous TI winners except Na`Vi have maintained the status quo and slipped into irrelevance. Now its easy to argue that wouldn't have happened with this EG, but if this is what they felt comfortable with as a team then why not? It's not like Aui is going to lose all his DAC and TI winnings. I understand the controversy here, but it's also a smart move to bring back in the best player in the world (IMO), although it hinges on how well Fear can support I suppose.

Dendi loves Xbox too much to do what's best for his career and team. Blind loyalty is why Na'Vi is where they are while the strongest teams at TI continue to remake core parts of their roster in order to find a combination that is really strong. Fuck loyalty; get money. People can be your friends without being on your team.

I believe xbox is meant to be taking a break..
at least I hope he is
..also fuck money! its all about the glory. CDEC and EG have shown that having atleast 3 core players(been around 18 mths pls) will take you to the finals, this all start team guff never pans out NewBee was a one off..

I feel bad for Kurtis. That's some brutal shit.

Fix this shit Matt!
cry.gif

Jezbollah

The next few months are going to be very interesting.

RTZ on EG with Sumail + Fear as a 4
New EE team
New Secret
New German team with Kuro
New team from 1437
Potentially Na'Vi doing a little better with a somewhat stable lineup.
And who knows how Alliance will do......

There's a pool of really good players out there with a deadline approaching to solidify rosters for the first "major"...

Fascinating times to be a fan of pro Dota2.

All previous TI winners except Na`Vi have maintained the status quo and slipped into irrelevance. Now its easy to argue that wouldn't have happened with this EG, but if this is what they felt comfortable with as a team then why not? It's not like Aui is going to lose all his DAC and TI winnings. I understand the controversy here, but it's also a smart move to bring back in the best player in the world (IMO), although it hinges on how well Fear can support I suppose.

1. Even Sumail is a better mid that RTZ

2. Pretty big hinge

yoooooooooooooo espoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooorrrrrrrrtssssssssssssss

edit: no one cares about 1437 at all if he gets on a team.

Hylian7

And I think we will see about that when we see how the new EG performs in tournaments.

I mean, they won a TI with pretty stiff competition with that squad. Given that, it seems absolutely foolish to kick a player. Maybe they had disagreements or something, but the way I took Aui's Tweets it sounds like this was unexpected.

PPD is a great captain and player, but that doesn't make him unable to make dumb decisions.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
And where does he fit on EG exactly? In what world does sacrificing a 4 for another 2 make any sense?

Fear has played a terrific 4 in the past, and so it appears that they felt comfortable shifting him back over to support and slotting in rtz as carry. Despite secret's struggle at TI, rtz (over the last 6 months) has pretty much earned a reputation as one of the best dota players in the world (if not the best). Sumail pretty much outplayed and destroyed every mid he went up against at TI, and arteezy has outplayed and destroyed sumail on multiple occasions. I think even sumail himself said that he considers arteezy to be the only player better than him.

On top of that, by picking up arteezy you also thin out the competition. Eliminates another potential team secret that hammered EG at 2-3 LANs leading up to TI.

Now having said all that, I think aui is an amazing 4 and it's still shocking that they kicked him, but it is what it is. I really don't understand reddit going nuts over this; dota has so much money in it that it's getting pretty damn close to real sports. Teams and players wlll play with who they are comfortable with and who they think has the best chance of winning, it is what is is. Just to put into perspective how fcking silly some of the outrage is, imagine if people blamed Tom Brady for letting Dany Woodhead go to another football team for some bizarre reason--it's just absurd, all kinds of wut? in that statement.

I'm sympathetic for aui and hope he finds a good team, but this whole faux-outrage, "THEY CAN'T DO THIS FUCKING ASSHOLES WTF SO DISHONORABLE FUCK PPD BACKSTABERS" nonsense is hysterical. PPD's final tweet on this whole shebang is right on:
PPD tweet said:
I know most of you are upset, but what goes on in our team is our business and our's alone. We are doing what we think is best for us.

Razzer

Feel bad for Aui. Luckily he's a great player in a position with not much competition. He'll land on his feet. As for EG, it's hard to say whether they are better now or not. I think their laning phase is better now, Sumail and RTZ will both win 95% of their match ups no matter the opponent or hero. That kind of power puts you at a huge strategic advantage. I do wonder if they might consider putting RTZ mid against teams that have a history of ganking mid a lot as he tends to die less to ganks than Sumail. Fear is pretty much the most versatile player in the world, he'll do fine as 4.

Deadman

Wow EG are idiots.

Hope sing and aui end up on a team together again.

If v1lat is right that puppey and kuro are free agents then I'd love to see the 4 of them together.

Comparisons to actual sports doesn't work.

Esports will always be an over-subsidised joke. Some will exploit it by pretending you're help support it, when really you're not.

Sick players union lads. Complete PR rubbish.

I'm surprised nobody remembers FEAR playing support. He was a fucking monster.

I'd rather have FEAR as my support than Aui. I think Aui's skillset is better suited at the 1 or 3 positions and I hope he gets whatever position he wants to play now that he has a championship ring on his resume.

Wow EG are idiots.
No, they most certainly are not. We'll see, but they probably got a bit stronger.

If v1lat is right that puppey and kuro are free agents then I'd love to see the 4 of them together.
They mine as well hook up with Dendi and Sonneiko. Find a 5th and go make money. Funn1k if he can get himself together.

I'm surprised nobody remembers FEAR playing support. He was a fucking monster.

I'd rather have FEAR as my support than Aui. I think Aui's skillset is better suited at the 1 or 3 positions and I hope he gets whatever position he wants to play now that he has a championship ring on his resume.

Time will tell I guess, I just remember KKY. Akke, EGM and fy being standouts in TI3

When was Fear a good support? What time period? Genuine question, wanting to find videos.

He was on support in 2013 for several months before TI3. Team as a whole was inconsistent and they didn't make TI3 as a result, but FEAR was solid. That was when they had Sexy Bamboe, Jeyo and I think they still had DemoN at the time.

jew

Banned
And where does he fit on EG exactly? In what world does sacrificing a 4 for another 2 make any sense?

fear won games supporting with worthless robert "bdiz" tinnes, pve simulator Rave.Jeyo, mercenary Jimmy "Demon" Ho, and thrower Alan "SExyBambOE" FaraJ. aui is replaceable you cannot find 4 games where aui won them the game and not Sumail or universe. AUI2K NAGA SLEEP WAOW NO ONE ELSE CAN DO THAT GAME WINNER DISENGAGE

Top Bottom