• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT11| $400 of Support and Passion

I always wear a video game shirt when I meet women, just to weed out the judgmental ones. Everyone feel free to take this advice.

258bf345_AlonzoMourningThinks.gif

Hylian7

I made this for another thread but it's applicable here:

Video game shirts in your imagination:

Video game shirts in real life:

If that doesn't convince you, let me present an acute instance of usgamersitis:

Let me post video game shirts in real life:

Guy with shirt: ...
Guy that sees guy with shirt: ...

Interaction over.

And maybe in a few cases

Guy that sees shirt: Nice shirt
Guy with shirt: Thanks

Interaction over

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.

Well yes. Actually commenting on the shirt is just recognizing your shared, secret shame.

Why wear a video game shirt in that case? Why not buy a real legit good shirt people can be impressed with without admitting to being the biggest nerd?

The best, practical outcome from a video game shirt is this:
But the joke here is on Cap, because he's so out of touch.

Let me post video game shirts in real life:

Interaction over.

And maybe in a few cases

Guy that sees shirt: Nice shirt
Guy with shirt: Thanks

Interaction over

One guy said "Kappa" as he passed me in my twitch shirt :\

Hylian7

Well yes. Actually commenting on the shirt is just recognizing your shared, secret shame.

Why wear a video game shirt in that case? Why not buy a real legit good shirt people can be impressed with without admitting to being the biggest nerd?

But it wasn't an interaction at all.

I wear video game shirts because I feel like it?

Vade

Well said

DrPizza

Banned

Why are you so embarrassed to display your liking of and interest in a computer game?

We're not in school any more. We can tell the world "yes, I enjoy this" without having to hide in shame or worry what the "cool kids" think.

im spending a bunch of money to go see people play video games

I'm going to be doing residence shopping in addition to the gamez, so there's that. does anyone here live in Seattle/Tacoma? If so, add me on Steam. I'd like to talk. Looking to relocate from Miami. Hollatchaboi.

Remember when people played video games as a way to escape judgemental people?

Gamers have been some of the most judgmental people on the fucking earth. Though I suppose this wasn't made apparent until the advent of internet forums. Watching the ever-picked-on doing the bullying is some of the saddest shit ever.

I bet you all dress worse than me.

Post your shoes and we'll be able to answer this in short order.

inkls

Gamers have been some of the most judgmental people on the fucking earth. Though I suppose this wasn't made apparent until the advent of internet forums. Watching the ever-picked-on doing the bullying is some of the saddest shit ever.

yeah, that too.

the irony is not lost on me

I made this for another thread but it's applicable here:

Video game shirts in your imagination:

Video game shirts in real life:

If that doesn't convince you, let me present an acute instance of usgamersitis:

haly plz

people wear gaming shirts all the time when I was in college and no one gave a shit

i think i saw more women with nintendo shirts than men

lina3.gif

Low Tier
if u wear gaudy video game apparel its awful

if u wear tasteful video game apparel its ok

just dont wear gaudy

problem is that most video game apparel is gaudy

that is all

Why are you so embarrassed to display your liking of and interest in a computer game?

We're not in school any more. We can tell the world "yes, I enjoy this" without having to hide in shame or worry what the "cool kids" think.

Especially if you've got any sense of aesthetics and can figure out which shirts don't look awful.

if u wear gaudy video game apparel its awful

if u wear tasteful video game apparel its ok

just dont wear gaudy

problem is that most video game apparel is gaudy

that is all

yea, that's the big issue. too many brightass colors and giant, hideous logos and shit.

I don't know why they think gamers can't appreciate subtlety.

But we've already shared not-gaudy options in the thread and you shot them down?

only thing I've seen shot down is polos...because they're polos. in 2015. how about a nice button-down in a modern fit with the same logo on the side, for example?

Haly

But we've already shared not-gaudy options in the thread and you shot them down?

Only the polo one, as far as I can see.

And I dislike polos for personal reasons.

(They're dull.)

There's a point in between "walking meme" and "flat color", like there is between "walking advertisement" and "flat color/plaid" for regular shirts, that you just need to find and I haven't seen it yet.

shira

I recall seeing a fairly attractive person on the bus. Wearing an N7 shirt. I was like wtf is N7. I thought it was a sideways 27 or ZL or some shit.

Fucking gamer.s

only thing I've seen shot down is polos...because they're polos. in 2015. how about a nice button-down in a modern fit with the same logo on the side, for example?

Only the polo one, as far as I can see.

And I dislike polos for personal reasons.

(They're dull.)
Yup, my bad. I thought you had said you disliked one of the other ones which now I can't find. I'm losing my fucking mind.

**I would buy that bastion shirt. Mental for that game.

Haly

Friends don't let friends copypasta memes.

ViviOggi

I recall seeing a fairly attractive person on the bus. Wearing an N7 shirt. I was like wtf is N7. I thought it was a sideways 27 or ZL or some shit.

Fucking gamer.s
Not having burned and thrown away the ashes of anything Mass Effect-related in the year of our lord 2015 envycrumbling.jpg

I'm going to be doing residence shopping in addition to the gamez, so there's that. does anyone here live in Seattle/Tacoma? If so, add me on Steam. I'd like to talk. Looking to relocate from Miami. Hollatchaboi.
I wouldn't live anywhere that could feasibly be called America's Dick so correct decision.
I'll admit some people in da hood can wear their dbz shirts well enough.
dendiFace.PNG
I think ever since Rhonda Rousey wore a fucking Over 9000 shirt to Wrestlemania of all things people have been more comfortable wearing DBZ shirts (on the other hand is anybody going to tell Rhonda Rousey what to wear?)

I wouldn't live anywhere that could feasibly be called America's Dick so correct decision.
I think ever since Rhonda Rousey wore a fucking Over 9000 shirt to Wrestlemania of all things people have been more comfortable wearing DBZ shirts (on the other hand is anybody going to tell Rhonda Rousey what to wear?)

bruh neogaf has some of the biggest dbz fans of course they'd wear that shit

haven't you seen powerlevels, spoilers and pre-dbz super hype threads
dac15_angry.gif

Top Bottom