• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT11| $400 of Support and Passion

JC Sera

I am waithing for update to download
btw is any of dotagaf on twitter?
I wonder how they will gate access to Ranked now.

EDIT: I'm a Magic Wand, but it doesn't look like Battle Points are taking effect yet.

Also the new high-res item icons for the profiles are super nice.
I can't wait for rips

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I wonder how they will gate access to Ranked now.

EDIT: I'm a Magic Wand, but it doesn't look like Battle Points are taking effect yet.

Also the new high-res item icons for the profiles are super nice.

You must be Mango before you can play ranked
ti4copper.gif

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I know it's mostly innocuous but this dota level shit is so god damned stupid. This game already has so much half baked dumb shit in it and now they add this pseudo-achievement crap too and it's just more half baked dumb shit slathered on top of the old half baked dumb shit. When will it end?

A bottle and proud of it, you can take a sip of me I won't mind
clock-eyebrow.gif

I know it's mostly innocuous but this dota level shit is so god damned stupid. This game already has so much half baked dumb shit in it and now they add this pseudo-achievement crap too and it's just more half baked dumb shit slathered on top of the old half baked dumb shit. When will it end?

You can just ignore it and I assure you it will affect your experience withing the game in literally no way.

Sheesh, some people just gotta go around whining about the littlest thing.

shira

If they start another season of Fantasy League, I'm going to get angry
charm_rage.gif

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I agree with Liquid in this case. It's half-assed experimental junk no one cares about like Trophies and Steam Trading cards.

I thought they outgrew this phase 2 years ago but nope. We're back at useless crap soaking up dev time for features no one ever wanted.

Spinning heroes though, that's the shit.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
lets get mad over nothing

A bottle and proud of it, you can take a sip of me I won't mind
clock-eyebrow.gif

You can just ignore it and I assure you it will affect your experience withing the game in literally no way.

Sheesh, some people just gotta go around whining about the littlest thing.

liquid

what are you on about

If they start another season of Fantasy League, I'm going to get angry
charm_rage.gif
This new client was supposed to be our chance to clean up all this stupid crap and they're adding more of it. It's 100% pointless. Your "dota level" is basically your whale meter and that's fine if you want to show off how much time and money you've invested on the stupid frivolities that surround this game, but it's just another poorly conceived, half baked, half implemented system in a game that doesn't need it. We were so close to just having clean Dota profiles with relevant, useful information we can compare with our friends and now we've got an e-peen meter that shows this one guy paid a dollar to enter some poorly implemented fantasy Dota league that was around for a month that one year that nobody cared about and then was promptly completely forgotten by Valve.

Say I'm making a stink over nothing. That's fine. I mean, my life will go on guys. I don't think I'm going to lose any sleep over it, but all this dumb shit needs to just be fully thought out and realized from a defined starting point or it just needs to go away. Just layering these systems on top of abandoned, forgotten systems makes this already obfuscated piece of shit game uglier and more unnavigable. It provides no positive benefit to the user.

Quesa

Wonder if Dotabuff will ever implement something in the scoreboard to let people know someone bought and used a moonshard.

This new client was supposed to be our chance to clean up all this stupid crap and they're adding more of it. It's 100% pointless. Your "dota level" is basically your whale meter and that's fine if you want to show off how much time and money you've invested on the stupid frivolities that surround this game, but it's just another poorly conceived, half baked, half implemented system in a game that doesn't need it. We were so close to just having clean Dota profiles with relevant, useful information we can compare with our friends and now we've got an e-peen meter that shows this one guy paid a dollar to enter some poorly implemented fantasy Dota league that was around for a month that one year that nobody cared about and then was promptly completely forgotten by Valve.

Say I'm making a stink over nothing. That's fine. I mean, my life will go on guys. I don't think I'm going to lose any sleep over it, but all this dumb shit needs to just be fully thought out and realized from a defined starting point or it just needs to go away. Just layering these systems on top of abandoned, forgotten systems makes this already obfuscated piece of shit game uglier and more unnavigable. It provides no positive benefit to the user.

So what level are you anyways? You are probably a clarity and that's why you be mad
horse.gif

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I mean you know what we really need? Separating Immortal effects from the Immortal items so 5 years down the line no one feels the need to fill Storm's layout with all the immortals he's going to get that'll make him a walking disco. Imagine if hat creators didn't have to worry about their item being outshone by next year's International Immortal Bukkake Orgy.

I should buy a pair of Bloodfeathers...

LiQuid!

Laugh it up all you like guys (I'm a magic wand BTW) but I'm only thinking about the game. It doesn't need these levels of grime on it making it look and sound stupid to new players. The fact that our old profile level still exists even tho it does nothing other than provide points for this new profile level is next level hilarious to me. But I'm the crazy one!

Hylian7

What exactly does this detract from the game? It's just a sense of progression that some people enjoy. If you don't care for it nobody is making you pay attention to it, and it won't get in your way if you just want to play Dota.

Hylian7

I mean it seems fully thought out. I honestly don't understand why you bring up the "whales" every time you complain about something like this.

LiQuid!

Funnily enough, this new system is kind of a celebration of how pointless and stupid most of Dota 2's meta game systems have been since its inception, since trophies exist for so many of them. There's so little consistency to the things you've been able to earn trophies for in the past, or to the things you will be able to earn them for in the future. Your Dota level is a direct reflection of your willingness to put up with Valve dumb shit and I'd wear a lower level with a badge of honor!

shira

Voidguys analysis
https://redd.it/3k6syi
Fall Majors 2015

The client has been updated with some strings for the Fall Majors 2015.

Compendiums

There will be two types of Compendiums sold similar to that of The International.

Default Compendium - Level 1
Level 25 Compendium.

Fall Majors Coins, Points & Charms

Works exactly like Victory Prediction Taunt. Winning gives 750 Fall Major Coins.
Destoyed charms give fragments that can be used in Recycling.
You can use these coins to redeem prizes related to the Fall Majors.
Compendium Points will be used to level the Compendium as per usual.

Compendium Coin Wagers

You will be able to wager your Compendium Coins on participating teams.
| A Majors feature most likely.
Coin Wager: <Player1> has wagered <x> Coins on <Player2>'s victory!

Full gambling elements

1 Clarity
2 Tango
3 Salve
4 Stout Shield
5 Quelling blade
6 Ring of Protection
7 Enchanted Mango
8 Bottle
9 Magic Wand
10 Orb of Venom
11 Blades of attack
12 Poor Man's Shield
13 Ring of Basilus
14 Boots of Speed
15 Cloak
16 Chainmail
17 Null Talisman
19 Bracer
20 Headdress
21 Buckler
22 Urn of Shadows
23 Void Stone
24 Ring of Health
25 Morbid Mask
26 Soul Ring
28 Ring of Acquila
29 Medallion of Courage
30 Ogre Club
31 Blade of Alacrity
32 Staff of Wizardry
33 Tranquil Boots
35 Power Threads
39 Javelin
40 Mithril Hammer
41 Shadow Amulet
42 Drums of Endurance
44 Vlad's Offering
48 Force Staff
99 Divine Rapier

Hylian7

Funnily enough, this new system is kind of a celebration of how pointless and stupid most of Dota 2's meta game systems have been since its inception, since trophies exist for so many of them. There's so little consistency to the things you've been able to earn trophies for in the past, or to the things you will be able to earn them for in the future. Your Dota level is a direct reflection of your willingness to put up with Valve dumb shit and I'd wear a lower level with a badge of honor!

What is this Valve dumb shit you are talking about? I'm still not seeing this.

Top Bottom