• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT11| $400 of Support and Passion

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Rank Restricted to Badge Level 50 and up?

Welp boys, we are all scrubs now I guess. Time to pack it up and go over to League.

I really hope Valve doesn't go to overboard with the Compendium.

Also, I can't wait for the new Challenges to fuck up some games. "Why did you steal the Regen Rune, I needed that!" "My compendium Challenge is to get 1 regen rune this game"

Ranked Matchmaking restriction now changed from Level 13 (Source 1) to badge Level 50 in Reborn.

Wait WTF are they for real???
laugh.gif

Saprol

are we supposed to level up faster in reborn? did they press the number 0 when they didn't mean to? nvm you start out at 13

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
What is this Valve dumb shit you are talking about? I'm still not seeing this.

When I say "dumb shit" I mean nearly everything that is associated with an in-game trophy.

For one thing, you guys all say I'm complaining and being mad, and I dunno how to impress upon you guys that I think this is hilarious. I guess I'm just using a lot of swear words and that's coming off as anger? Thus is my way.

Secondly, you guys are saying "just ignore it if you don't care" and for the most part, aside from dropping some coin on like the TI compendium because I believe in and support the event, I've done very little in the way of patronizing the superfluous meta-aspects of Dota 2 over the last year. But I ask, what if they do something stupid again, like another Phantom Assassin event that made the game nearly unplayable for a month? What do we do if a trophy comes out to land X number of Pudge hooks in a single game, or get X number of suicide bombing kills in a game that makes pubs unplayable? These things have a way of creeping into the game in ways that I'm not comfortable with.

I'm not "complaining" about this as much as just trying to provide a little counterpoint to the blind acceptance that tends to go along with these types of things.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I really dislike the fact that "Armory" is under "Heroes". How does that make any kind of semantic sense?

It's like if your Bags in WoW had to be accessed from your Spellbook.

Quesa

So I wonder if they are going to reset MMR, then up the reqs for ranked. Don't worry guys, you'll be secretly grinding your unranked and ranked mmrs till you get to fifty
horse.gif

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Universal MMR reset would be pretty fucking funny I hope they do it.

I want to see RTZ playing calibration matches.

I really dislike the fact that "Armory" is under "Heroes". How does that make any kind of semantic sense?

It's like if your Bags in WoW had to be accessed from your Spellbook.

I spent some good minutes figuring out where the fuck were my items lol

This client is a clusterfuck.

manfestival

nothing quite like playing a 75 minute losing game of dota 2 where your huskar buys 2 solar crests and takes 45 minutes before he buys a bkb vs a stormspirit
aaaah.gif

Reckoner

Just found out I have a Pipe of Dezun which is marketed at over 200 euros. It was suspecting how I went Dazzle and suddenly had a guy offering me Arcanas for my item.

New hero and balance update coming this week, I can feel it

It is really strange that they said in the coming weeks for Reborn and now it is here. I almost think this is to tide us over so to say, especially with the Axe comic that everyone is convinced is gonna bring Pit Lord.

Zoon

There's a trophy that levels up based on your games that is not yet added.If it will count s1 games we will be fine.
EXPERIENCE TROPHYThe new Experience Trophy rewards you just for playing Dota.
Every match you play contributes toward this trophy, and unlike other trophies it will provide additional Trophy Points each time it gains a level.

There is no limit to how many points you can earn from this trophy.

JC Sera

tbf its specifically the experience trophy, and we don't know how it scales yet. If its a 1:1 then thats only 50 games. Wasn't it at some point before 40?

ZeroX03

Banned
Worth selling Immortal Treasure chests now? Or will they accrue in value? I want to buy the Final Fantasy items and have excess chests.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
The items that go up in value will be for what ever heroes end up becoming FOTM next patch. So its hard to guess which will be worth something.

Idk why but my badge just upgraded into level 25 after playing a custom game, I don't even know what happened. This thing needs some work, way too confusing as it is right now.
jugg-dizzy.gif

How are you supposed to level up the experience trophy? The in-game description says you level it up by playing competitive games, but you need to level it up to play competitive games?
crazy.gif

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Reading up on Zet, I think he is going to be another Oracle, a strong hero to hard for pubs to actually play, unless spamming Spark Wraith turns out to be really effective.

Maybe you could do some cheeky plays to try and get first blood with Spark Wraith by lobbing them into fog of war before the rune, or near mid.

Top Bottom