• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT11| $400 of Support and Passion

as long as OP megagarbage cancer hero Elder Titan (now available on Google Play and Spotify) gets nerfed I'll be fine with it.

I'm here for a return to the void/silencer/necro meta, the complaints in here should be a joy to read (bike)

no i mean

how plausible is it that we wont see nerfs to storm, bh, etc.

I don't even remember the last hero that everyone (justifiably) wanted a nerf for that didn't get one. The most dominating heroes almost always get nerfed.

You could argue that QoP should've gotten nerfed in 6.84 but she ended up being reasonably balanced, definitely not dominating the meta.

What he's less consistent in is buffs for weak characters, some get big buffs, some only get minor tweaks. I can understand this though, as very minor changes can mean a lot for a hero.

rac

Banned
misc-frog.gif

http://abload.de/img/cfgbgpgn.png

shira please help

shira

Pro Doto
ESL - New York (Oct 3 - Oct 4)
$250k: CDEC, EG, Fire, Fnatic, Secret, Vega, VP, +China Q
t1443884400z1.png

MLG Worlds - New Orleans (Oct 16 - Oct 18)
$250k: CDEC, EG, LGD, MVP.P, Monkey B, Secret, VP + China Q
t1445032800z2.png

NanYang - Singapore (Oct 26 - Nov 1)
$200k: CDEC, C9, Fnatic, LGD, Secret, VG, VP, +3
t1445853600z4.png

Frankfurt Major - Germany (Nov 16 - Nov 21)
$3.0m: +16
t1447052400z1.png

Dreamleague 4 - Jonkoping (Nov 26 -Nov 28)
$150k: [A], Emp, MonkeyB, MonkeyFF, NiP, Vega, VP, +Online Q
t1448521200z1.png

GameShow Cup 1 Moscow (Nov 30 - Dec 6)
$322k: +8
t1448892000z1.png

Summit 4 - LA (Dec 9 - Dec 13)
$100k: +8
t1449680400z4.png

December: WCA - $650k
January: MarsTV
February: DAC

DotoHAT-GAF dates of interest
TI5 Chest Immortal sell date IE Alch Midas, Necro Sullen Hollow
t1446336000z4.png

Hylian7

no i mean

how plausible is it that we wont see nerfs to storm, bh, etc.

I'd say 0.00000000005% chance those heroes won't get nerfed.

If I understand what he said correctly, basically this patch is going to be mainly number and maybe some changes on effects of certain spells, but nothing crazy. In other words we won't see things that require a lot of work on their end to implement, such as something like Alch Aghs, or Tree Aghs, or something of that nature. This patch will nerf Storm, BH, Lina, WW, Earthshaker, etc. Maybe throw out some buffs, change stuff on some items. There won't be new items or heroes, or anything crazy.

6.86 will probably be Pit Lord and Arc Warden and maybe even Sun Wukong if we're lucky, along with stuff like new items, new Aghs, abilities, things like that. I would say 6.85 is more like 6.83, and 6.86 is more like 6.84.

If I understand what he said correctly, basically this patch is going to be mainly number and maybe some changes on effects of certain spells, but nothing crazy. In other words we won't see things that require a lot of work on their end to implement, such as something like Alch Aghs, or Tree Aghs, or something of that nature. This patch will nerf Storm, BH, Lina, WW, Earthshaker, etc. Maybe throw out some buffs, change stuff on some items. There won't be new items or heroes, or anything crazy.

6.86 will probably be Pit Lord and Arc Warden and maybe even Sun Wukong if we're lucky, along with stuff like new items, new Aghs, abilities, things like that. I would say 6.85 is more like 6.83, and 6.86 is more like 6.84.

6.85? so like 6 months from now.

Hylian7

6.85? so like 6 months from now.

Well this time *should* be different, but I would expect based on what IceFrog said in that post that 6.85 should be a shorter patch with 6.86 after the first Major.

extremely popular pub heroes will always get nerfed, even if they don't excel in pro play

see: sb, ursa

I think Ursa will get a buff somewhere, I can't even remember the last time I saw him in a pub game since the original 6.84 (not the letter incarnations).

SB has been picked in pro games a good number of times. I expect he will get some kind of nerf, and not just a "lol this hero wrecks pubs" nerf either.

Artanisix

i didn't mean that sb and ursa are getting nerfed in 6.85

i was just saying they were very popular pub heroes in the past and they were nerfed solely off of pub exploitation

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
i don't think storm will ever be out of pro play unless they change something drastic about him like not making him invulnerable during zip

Storm isn't inherently broken, increase mana cost on a spell or two and it'll become way harder to make him work, he's extremely reliant on mana to be any kind of a threat.

Hylian7

Storm isn't inherently broken, increase mana cost on a spell or two and it'll become way harder to make him work, he's extremely reliant on mana to be any kind of a threat.

I think that's likely, but I also think they're going to do something with stacking which will be an inadvertent nerf to him.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
That would completely deflate the purpose of the hero. IceFrog isn't about that nerfing life.

it just means that he could be captured by extremely clutch bkb-piercing ults

why should storm be the only one who scales with hero skill?

meepo was nerfed something fierce and he's never played in pro games :(

buff meepo :(

and no storm is not inherently broken lol, neither is ember or PL or puck

a few tweaks and he will be abandoned the way every hero (even bat) was

the cycle continues

Emerson

May contain jokes =>

I doubt Sun Wukong even exists anymore. Also I would be shocked if we ever get more than one hero in a patch again. Seems extremely unlikely to me.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I'd personally like to see Storm vulnerable during his ult. Make it so he can't just zap away from Pugna Ward, Rupture, and AoE spells unscathed.

Who needs Sun Wukong when you have Phantom Lancer.

Also with the engine switch you can pretty much see that Reborn's client has super high priority (daily bug fixes etc), got to get the client in a decent shape before the majors so I wouldn't expect to see multiple new heroes/events etc in the near future.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
He would just revert one of the turn speed changes and then Storm will go back down to the dumpster.

shira

Also with the engine switch you can pretty much see that Reborn's client has super high priority (daily bug fixes etc), got to get the client in a decent shape before the majors so I wouldn't expect to see multiple new heroes

grRFYCH.png

Damn I was hoping it would be Axe introducing Pitlord in the Immortal comic thing like they've been doing lately with WW and Urkel.

events etc in the near future.

misc-give.gif
diretide
misc-give.gif

Honestly I just played a shitload of custom games in AoM, that community was so great. I also used cheat codes for the story mode, I used to be really bad at RTS games.

Top Bottom