• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT11| $400 of Support and Passion

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
CM is a decent rampage hero tbh

Sure, in theory, but when I play Dota I'm more focused on winning. A lot of times when I play Maiden I don't even level my ultimate until 10, or sometimes not even until I'm already 4-4-4. I have had some CM games where I've gotten a lot of kills, but it still takes the stars aligning to get a rampage on any hero, much less a support.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
2 rampages on kunkka, one on pre-nerf LC, one on pre-nerf ember

Pratfall

Sure, in theory, but when I play Dota I'm more focused on winning. A lot of times when I play Maiden I don't even level my ultimate until 10, or sometimes not even until I'm already 4-4-4. I have had some CM games where I've gotten a lot of kills, but it still takes the stars aligning to get a rampage on any hero, much less a support.

i know you may not be looking for critique but that is a pretty big mistake with her new ulti. Her level 1 ulti is really really good early game.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
i know you may not be looking for critique but that is a pretty big mistake with her new ulti. Her level 1 ulti is really really good early game.

I know. I typically get it earlier now. Even tho she's my most played hero, most of my games with her were before her INT nerf a few patches ago. I have played her very little since she got buffed again.

Artanisix

4Head.png
TI5 #HYPE

I'LL HAVE TO START PLAYING AGAIN AFTER THESE QUALIFIERS

Most of the casting combos have a good combination of knowledge and hype going, OD+Draskyl being my favorite, Tobi+Waga is also very balanced. LD+Godz and Zyori+Purge are by far the worst combos, thankfully the latter didn't get many games to cast.

Most of the casting combos have a good combination of knowledge and hype going, OD+Draskyl being my favorite, Tobi+Waga is also very balanced. LD+Godz and Zyori+Purge are by far the worst combos, thankfully the latter didn't get many games to cast.

LD godz is bearable only if it's really big games but zyori can go sniff himself
good thing he's with purge lol

LiQuid!

Zyori/Purge might be the all time worst casting duo.

Will there be no noob stream this year? I loved the noob stream last year.

For lazy:

GdoCxpq.png

I think A is a bit stronger at the first glance but doesn't seem too lopsided at all.
Hell no.

Group B has the #1, #2 and #3 TI4 teams, if I recall correctly. For sure the #1 and #2 DAC teams.

Gonna say Group B is clearly the stronger group, though Team Secret may be better than anyone in either group.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Hell no.

Group B has the #1, #2 and #3 TI4 teams, if I recall correctly. For sure the #1 and #2 DAC teams.

Gonna say Group B is clearly the stronger group, though Team Secret may be better than anyone in either group.

What does the #1 TI4 team have to do with anything

Zyori/Purge might be the all time worst casting duo.

Will there be no noob stream this year? I loved the noob stream last year.
There will be but apparently they'll be casting less games this year, probably has to do with casters getting tired of explaining every game mechanic 10 times a day.

gai_shain

Hell no.

well it doesnt really matter how teams finished at TI4 because they werent frozen after TI4

manfestival

Hell no.

in rtz we trust but really in all seriousness

group b has EG and VG group a only needs secret

KingKong

at least the groups dont matter that much beyond getting top 4 this year. I'm still salty about Liquid having the same record as C9 and Navi but having to play in an elimination match

I'm curious, is there anyone here that played healer roles in MMORPGS/FPS before they started playing MOBAs, and got into support, or went fuck this role and chose something different to main?

This is probably more of a relevant question for the hots crew

I played a lot of medic in TF2, and a lot of voltar (essentially the medic) in awesomenauts. I played more direct characters as well though, like the demoman and lonestar. Now I usually play support in dota.

EDIT: I don't like the 100% healing heroes in dota though. I can play dazzle, but I hate playing omni and abaddon. Instead, give me witchdoctor and winter wyvern.

A lot of people that think they play a good support do not play a good support, there's a lot of things to take into account and it's impossible for the game to figure out whether you played a good support or not.

What if your mid got ganked and you didn't have a tp to save him?
What if you decided to buy 50 sentries instead of one gem to deal with an invis hero?
What if you place wards in places where they're not needed at that point in the game?

Also I'm not a good support, I'm just saying.

Don't worry, under my lead you'll get there someday
lina1.gif

LiQuid!

There will be but apparently they'll be casting less games this year, probably has to do with casters getting tired of explaining every game mechanic 10 times a day.

Not sure how the casts themselves were received generally, but the best thing about the noob stream IMO was the extremely civil and helpful Twitch chat.

Thank you.

This user's Solo MMR is: 2433
This user's Rampage Count: 0

I'd strongly recommend going through some of sixghosts posts here on meepo'ing. More recent and still really good.

because skadis

Not sure how the casts themselves were received generally, but the best thing about the noob stream IMO was the extremely civil and helpful Twitch chat.
yeah that was crazy

I've never seen anything like that before and since. Don't know how that happened.

damn I don't think I ever played such a good game before
http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1655834337

was like 6-0-2 at 10 minutes, and we were mostly playing 4v5 cause alch was farming 4 aghs for the team before getting any actual items
sleeping.gif

and that's playing position 5 support buying wards, courier and shit, not farming one bit in the laning phase

ES is ridiculously based

340 MB patch being dl'd what's that

kionedrik

Does anyone else have a weird feeling about the attack and moving animations in reborn? They feel so slow and have no real feedback, almost like you're floating around...

There also seems to be a very noticeable delay between inputs that wasn't there before...

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Does anyone else have a weird feeling about the attack and moving animations in reborn? They feel so slow and have no real feedback, almost like you're floating around...

There also seems to be a very noticeable delay between inputs that wasn't there before...
Yes, the mouse input feels like vsync is on or something. Definitely weird.

Top Bottom