• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT11| $400 of Support and Passion

4.1k MMR here and I find it way harder to win as a support than as a position 1 carry. I'm very confident in last hitting and farming but I honestly have trouble not feeding on supports or finding farm for that matter. Mechanically, supps are probably easier to execute but the decision making, space creating, zoning, positioning and the attempt to not feed is something that is tougher for me than anything involving carrying.

I just stick with Windrunner, AM and Bloodseeker this patch.

In the end, a good carry with poor space will do better than a shit carry with good space
When you're at 50 minutes and your carry has bkb treads mjollnir despite your team often taking good kills/fights, of course it's hard to win

Happens a lot tbh, sometimes it's just unbelievable how shit people are at using space to farm/split push

I haven't follow the scene since, basicallly, TI4. I know there are been a few patches that have changed the game and that the professional scene isn't like it was last year.

Is there a video or something that talks a little about every team and the most important changes in the metagame? I want to watch TI5, but I'm really lost.

1- This patch is all about fighting because it now gives alot more gold and then just farming.
2 - there are brand new items in game.
You can watch this video about the latest patch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65DoC64MvJI

About the teams, there have been big reshuffles and changes to every team. Biggest shuffles are imo:
- Puppey and kuroky leave NAVI and form a new team with S4 who left Alliance. They are called Team Secret
- Later, RTZ and Zai leave EG and join Team Secret
- Aui2000 and pieliedie kicked from C9
fEEd.png
, Aui joins EG
- Burning retires then un-retires and joins IG
- Iceiceice from DK and Hao from newbee go to VG
- Fnatic disbanded then picked up Team Malaysia aka Team Titan (ti4) aka Team Orange (ti3) vets a couple of months ago.

Teams that were at ti4 and not ti5:
DK: old team disbanded
Team Liquid: disbanded
Alliance didn't qualify
mousesports disbanded
Arrow Gaming disbanded after matchfixing stuff
CIS Game disbanded
Na'Vi North America disbanded

Videos about ti5 teams by a silly guy
Navi https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Kn5YeKKrXI
Archon https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3f7Fb48slA
Newbee https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2l3L6xWnfj8
Team Secret https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m58MUa6dvbU
Complexity https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhgE3ePtqtI

oh and Newbee sucks aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaass
I should get back to work

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Hey I'm on the front page of /r/dota2/ thanks for believing in me, GAF!
tears.gif

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
I love all the big dick boys in that Reddit thread bragging about how many rampages per hour they get in Dota.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
the team every esports hipster hates

Team Secret fans are the kind of people that spam OP, FotM heroes to raise their MMR, or that cheered for the Heat during the Lebron, Wade, Bosh years.

shira

shira I wrote some words about secret

I'll PM after work
Who are you? Na'vi.TUSR??? Announcement of an announcement?

goE8xaw.png

Words are wind and
Your words are windranger
facepalm.gif

jk, whenever you have time before Monday, and thanks

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
TUSR is keeping 10 communities alive singlehandedly, give him a break.

Pratfall

lotta die hard organization fans in here. I can understand, you probably went down to the esports center in your hometown with your dad when you were little and watched cloud 9 play.

shira

Notail's Team: Sumail, Arteezy, IceIceIce, Burning, xiao8

Chuan's Team: Mushi, Puppey, Fear, Ferrari, Hao

grave.gif
Dendi

bounchfx

Well welcome back first of all.

I don't know of a video that can tell you everything you're asking, but people are working on writeups for each team for the TI5 thread.

I can give you my own two cents on the biggest general mechanical changes of the game, without getting into specific heroes.

I'd say the three biggest changes are as follows:

guys, don't forget about the ability to hide/go invis in the Tall Grass they added to the map. That was a pretty significant change.

Tobi and Synd to cast the finals should be good
1437669111-sogood.gif

so is gonna be the salt following this announcement
Wrong. They added the qualifier teams once they were decided. I have old DK which includes Lanm from EHOME on my all stars.
I checked after qualis were over and teams weren't included yet, they must have done it yet hence the results

edit
gross tobi finals, thank god for synd.

1437669172-tumblr-nrpuzuw8os1t52mf4o3-400.gif

guys, don't forget about the ability to hide/go invis in the Tall Grass they added to the map. That was a pretty significant change.

Icefrog please.

On the support vs carry debate:

I've decided carry is way more consistent to get MMR, but all of my gnarly losses or stomps are due to supports, I find. It's an odd result since when I play support I don't feel like I have the biggest impact ever, but I can usually tell which games I'm going to stomp before 3 minutes or so depending on what my supports are doing. And unfortunately, the same is true for nasty losses. Support is deliberately making it hard for me to maintain creep equilibrium? Probably not gonna go so well.

LiQuid!

LMAO at one of LiQuid's thread top posts

"2700 hours is way to much for a first rampage, how many games do you have? u must afk in the menu"

Crystal Maiden is my most played hero, how can I not have MLG 420 MAYDEN RAMPAGES tho???

KingKong

hating sumail is one thing, but you have to know he's popular enough to be an all-star. all these people living in the past, get over Navi already

Top Bottom