• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT11| $400 of Support and Passion

kvk1

dat Reborn MMR spread

wR82jKR.jpg

image.php

G-Unit

You know what really grinds my gear? when the lowest mmr player on our team randoms... Just had a 2700mmr random sniper... he had 1 deny, thats how trash he was.

ksan

Hey guys, in prep for next IHL season, I have a new idea.
I'd need 3-5 volunteer caps (pref, or otherwise STRATEGISTS from last season) to help me out.
After TI5, I'd like to make a video series leading up to next IHL, where everyone who's up would make a 15 min video from one of your favorite games of TI5 (preferebly not solo, but together with someone else, so theres an unbiased part which could give some discussion). The idea would be to highlight the picks and some key plays, parts where the strategy shows, item choices, etc.

If anyone else is interested, it'd be awesome for introducing the next season, and hopefully we could get some additional players interested by showing the difference between normal play and competitive/arranged/inhouse play (where cm is used, and theres an actual coordinated drafting stage)

iamblades

I'm curious, is there anyone here that played healer roles in MMORPGS/FPS before they started playing MOBAs, and got into support, or went fuck this role and chose something different to main?

This is probably more of a relevant question for the hots crew

I have played every role in mmos(was mostly a tank though, usually an off tank), I play every role in Dota, I don't get these people who 'main' heroes or even roles, and I think you can't have a full understanding of how the game works without being knowledgeable about all roles.

In particular I think everyone needs to play jungle or roaming heroes from time to time. It just gives you a completely different perspective and level of awareness of what is actually happening in the game.

Dr. Buni

I have played every role in mmos(was mostly a tank though, usually an off tank), I play every role in Dota, I don't get these people who 'main' heroes or even roles, and I think you can't have a full understanding of how the game works without being knowledgeable about all roles.

In particular I think everyone needs to play jungle or roaming heroes from time to time. It just gives you a completely different perspective and level of awareness of what is actually happening in the game.
Maining a role and being knowledgeable about all roles aren't mutually exclusive.

Maining a role and being knowledgeable about all roles aren't mutually exclusive.

This.

I understood DPS rotations for basically every class, and I had characters for offtanking back when I played WoW.

I found DPS boring and tanking wasn't my thing, so I mained healing classes.

I played a shaman in wow, i was always a worthless healer in raids i just wanted to be carried by the pure classes and pick up usless loot.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Is it possible to download replays in the Reborn client?? I just got my first ever rampage in a CHEN game. I've played like maybe half dozen Chen games in my life. Just randoming in all pick, decided to give it a shot. My team was FEED for the first 20 minutes against their team of early-game slayers (Axe, Tusk, Ogre, etc) but our Sylla got fat, I got Aghs and Book 3 and we just started assaulted buildings and won! Great game, but I hope the replay isn't lost just cause I was in the beta client.

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1653793707

Is it possible to download replays in the Reborn client?? I just got my first ever rampage in a CHEN game. I've played like maybe half dozen Chen games in my life. Just randoming in all pick, decided to give it a shot. My team was FEED for the first 20 minutes against their team of early-game slayers (Axe, Tusk, Ogre, etc) but our Sylla got fat, I got Aghs and Book 3 and we just started assaulted buildings and won! Great game, but I hope the replay isn't lost just cause I was in the beta client.

you can download replays yes

You got a rampage as chen? Holy shit, dude.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
fluffdota popping all over the dota subreddits past few weeks. nice to see a high mmr support channel gain some traction in the community. hopefully it helps break some stereotypes against impactful supporting in pubs.

Chris R

Shit show in the games tonight. Had one game where ES claimed mid and ES went mid, only problem is we had Earthshaker and Ember Spirit... both mid, shaker fed because ember wouldn't leave lol.

Then the next game is a total crazyfest with our team bitching at each other for the first 20 minutes, feeding the next 20, and then just steamrolling them after we got a damage item each.

Also wished I could reroll my single last hero so I don't have to play brew again, wanna get that done so I can be done with compendium stuff before TI.

Can't wait for TI.

Hylian7

Hey guys, in prep for next IHL season, I have a new idea.
I'd need 3-5 volunteer caps (pref, or otherwise STRATEGISTS from last season) to help me out.
After TI5, I'd like to make a video series leading up to next IHL, where everyone who's up would make a 15 min video from one of your favorite games of TI5 (preferebly not solo, but together with someone else, so theres an unbiased part which could give some discussion). The idea would be to highlight the picks and some key plays, parts where the strategy shows, item choices, etc.

If anyone else is interested, it'd be awesome for introducing the next season, and hopefully we could get some additional players interested by showing the difference between normal play and competitive/arranged/inhouse play (where cm is used, and theres an actual coordinated drafting stage)

I really like the idea. I especially think that highlighting differences between competitive and casual play would be particularly cool. I think heroes that really show this off are Huskar and Bloodseeker, as pros don't like to touch Huskar with a 10 foot pole, yet in pubs it's a completely different story.

I really like the idea. I especially think that highlighting differences between competitive and casual play would be particularly cool. I think heroes that really show this off are Huskar and Bloodseeker, as pros don't like to touch Huskar with a 10 foot pole, yet in pubs it's a completely different story.
I'm not sure about Bloodseeker there. I'm pretty sure he's very popular in both pubs and comp.

Hylian7

Why is alch such a garbage hero

Farms and farms and farms, but still can't do incredibly much with it as compared to almost any other carry.

Aghanims is a cool idea in theory, but only if you're running him in some weird role where he just buys people Aghs, and even then he's living on his own poverty line once he does that as he's not having much of his own.

No idea if this is reasonable or not, but maybe make Alch keep all or half of the stats from each Aghs he gives away?

make aghs half as cheap for alch, tada. or have him gain 2100 gold when using one so it's effectively half as cheap but the first one still takes time to complete

friendly reminder to pick jungle zeus for free mmr

Adnor

Banned
I haven't follow the scene since, basicallly, TI4. I know there are been a few patches that have changed the game and that the professional scene isn't like it was last year.

Is there a video or something that talks a little about every team and the most important changes in the metagame? I want to watch TI5, but I'm really lost.

Hylian7

I haven't follow the scene since, basicallly, TI4. I know there are been a few patches that have changed the game and that the professional scene isn't like it was last year.

Is there a video or something that talks a little about every team and the most important changes in the metagame? I want to watch TI5, but I'm really lost.

Well welcome back first of all.

I don't know of a video that can tell you everything you're asking, but people are working on writeups for each team for the TI5 thread.

I can give you my own two cents on the biggest general mechanical changes of the game, without getting into specific heroes.

I'd say the three biggest changes are as follows:

1. Glpyh refreshes after a T1 drops. This stops what most people called "Deathball" in TI4, or as I like to call it "5 man at 5 minutes".
2. Map changes. The map has had some changes and reworking of some areas, including the Rosh pit being moved to be more in the middle between Radiant and Dire, without giving very much of a Dire advantage as far as vision goes.
3. Damage types and mechanics rework. Basically damage is distilled into 3 types now: Physical, Magical, and Pure. No more "composite", "mixed", or any wacky shenanigans like that. By proxy, this forced changes to BKB too, where it grants a condition called "Spell Immunity" where you have 100% Magic Resistance, and are unaffected by spells that don't say "Pierces Spell Immunity: Yes" on them. For instance, Pudge's Dismember is magic damage, but pierces spell immunity. This means they take no damage from it, but will still be disabled. However Meat Hook is Pure damage and pierces spell immunity, which means you drag and damage BKB units. There's also other mechanics, such as Break, which means that your passives are disabled. Doom requires Aghs to apply this effect with Doom now.

Top Bottom