• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT11| $400 of Support and Passion

JC Sera

got the skywrath & rare DK drop from the sculpture's pillar

feels good man
luna-sparkle.gif

M.D

i uninstalled dota tonight friends.

time to just enjoy some pro dota.
i uninstalled this piece od filth from my computer and was about to sell all my items on the steam market only to find out that you need to have the client installed

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
About time I predicted something correctly. WTG MVP GG WP

JC Sera

But Sera, there's at least two objectively better DK sets. I don't know why you want that one.
Its not what the drop is, its the positive feeling I get when I buy one chest and get a rare drop
who needs pokies

I also like how the DK set looks like it could be outs of a souls game

I hope you're not talking about Dragon's Ascension, that shit is not even in the same league.
Talking about this

kionedrik

I think I've found my white whale...

l59b92k.png

Granted I could have played a lot better on all these games I can't seem to understand her role. Do I splitpush or teamfight? Get blink or aghs first? She also seems to have a strange power curve which is counter intuitive for a snowball hero.

Or I just suck

l59b92k.png

Granted I could have played a lot better on all these games I can't seem to understand her role. Do I splitpush or teamfight? Get blink or aghs first? She also seems to have a strange power curve which is counter intuitive for a snowball hero.

Or I just suck

I play her a lot lately and honestly, she can be quite hard to win with but once you snowball, you got like the highest DPS in the game (maybe second to CK or Sven, I don't know) and you kill anybody at an instant.

Some things I do:

1. Don't max Power Shot 1st. That skill is not that good and you are better off getting points in your stun as 1 point in Shackle doesn't suffice. I usually go 4-2-1-1 (1-2-1 by level 3) by level 8. There are some match ups where maxing it is beneficial though like against SF. You drain like 40% of his health pool with a level 4 PS but I'm not sure if it's worth. I don't like the skill at all after playing her quite intensely.

2. Agh's first is the correct choice.

3. Get a bottle regardless of which lane you are in since she has sustain problems

4. Blink is good. Shadowblade as well.

5. Go safe lane or mid because she needs a lot of farm and a lot of levels (Level 16 is very helpful)

6. My item build (slahser does it as well):

Basi - Phase - Agh's - Crystalis - Shadowblade - Daedalus - MKB - Skull Basher - Abyssal

BKB or Linken's if necessarry. BKB will be necessary more often than not honestly but I found playing without it quite helpful in learning to play around spells and disables. But that's up to you. You are a 4k god as well if I'm not mistaken so you should be fine.

Once I get to the point where I have SB, I roam the jungle and kill anyone I find. Preferably their carry. Split pushing works really well too as your ult is on low CD and melts towers. Her team fighting is mediocre and I honestly prefer avoiding them. Rather pick someone off and make space for another core (your mid or your safe laner, depending on which lane you farmed) or force a Rosh or an advantageous 4v5 push etc.

But yeah, the fact that she's so ressource hungry and not that useful early game makes her not easy to win with. I think she's good but I regard her as a mid to late, if not late game core. She scales insanely well with farm and levels so don't underestimate farming.

kionedrik

I've been playing her mid and I do almost everything you pointed out except the maxing shackle 1st and getting a shadow blade, I prefer blink tbh but I'll consider it next time.

I guess my problem with her is that she is really powerful early game, max PS and FF (even lv1) can wreak almost anyone, but during the mid-game she seems to hit a significant power low which is strange when you have such a dominant laning and early game, but in accordance to the item hungry nature of the hero. Later she can get another power peak but it can be too late and she seems like a liability during the mid-game which seems to be where and why I lose these matches.

Well, I'm going to keep on trying. At the very least I got some ideas from your post, ty for that.

Yeah, I feel that ~15-25 min weakness on her as well everytime I pick her. Maxing PS can be useful in some cases as I mentioned but I feel that a long shackle accomplishes a lot more post the laning phase.

I tend to farm fairly fast and usually get a 13-16 min Agh's at which point a maxed shackle is the significantly better choice. I think miracle or some other high MMR streamer I spectated went my 4-2-1-1 build as well.

I have tried fighting the good fight of getting windrangers to stop building maelstrom. I mean I'll even all chat the enemy if need be. It just doesn't fit with the hero since the ult change and the aghs buff.

patapuf

I have tried fighting the good fight of getting windrangers to stop building maelstrom. I mean I'll even all chat the enemy if need be. It just doesn't fit with the hero since the ult change and the aghs buff.

i used to think it was good for farming and some AOE damage but i've found it delays important items more than anything and i'm not a good enough farmer that i'd get it in a timeframe where it's worth it.

Maelstrom ain't super shit but her HP pool is really low (which Agh's compensates for) plus Anti Mage is very popular at the moment against whom magical damage is not that effective. I haven't build it in quite a while. I also really like picking her vs AM and Void. She just kills both in the mid to late game provided somewhat equal farm. I think a 6 slotted WR with Agh's, Daedalus, MKB, Abyssal and BKB deals like 3000-4000 damage during shackle alone depending on the hero.

Yeah the last thing she needs is extra attack speed, and the procs don't even hit again until the bolts fade from the last one. It's basically my version of the people that rage out at when battlefury was suggested as core on bounty.

Glad I wasn't missing anything in my blind rage toward this item.

kionedrik

Maelstrom ain't super shit but her HP pool is really low (which Agh's compensates for) plus Anti Mage is very popular at the moment against whom magical damage is not that effective. I haven't build it in quite a while. I also really like picking her vs AM and Void. She just kills both in the mid to late game provided somewhat equal farm. I think a 6 slotted WR with Agh's, Daedalus, MKB, Abyssal and BKB deals like 3000-4000 damage during shackle alone depending on the hero.

Abyssal gives you an extra lockdown which can mean life or death but for pure DPS wouldn't you rather have a Deso or even a Skadi?

Abyssal gives you an extra lockdown which can mean life or death but for pure DPS wouldn't you rather have a Deso or even a Skadi?

Skadi is less DPS (not sure why it would be even close?). Not sure about Deso but I doubt it's better DPS as you need to factor in the almost guaranteed stun you get from the bash chance an AB has (10% on ranged but with max attack speed, however it goes on a 2.5 sec cooldown unlike the MKB stun). Abyssal is definitely the way to go.

Finally won my game as Night Stalker, had one of those pity games where it seems like the entire enemy team is just 3 brackets lower :|.

l59b92k.png

Or I just suck

When I last played her I was just offlane support, I used force staff and blink and it seemed sufficient. A lot of clever uses of force staff (on both WR and enemies) + shackle shot is so good. She's not the greatest support though, not so reliable and power shot falls off quickly.

9IvaR3y.png

I imagine this will continue

goddammit I can't win with this hero, even though I'm 100x better at him than when I started this quest

I don't think I've played him since flame break change. The game's momentum has changed so much since 6.80 & onwards that I still have a hard time adapting.

I miss when Lone Druid was an awesome pusher carry :(.

kionedrik

Skadi is less DPS (not sure why it would be even close?). Not sure about Deso but I doubt it's better DPS as you need to factor in the almost guaranteed stun you get from the bash chance an AB has (10% on ranged but with max attack speed, however it goes on a 2.5 sec cooldown unlike the MKB stun). Abyssal is definitely the way to go.

For some stupid reason my brain read Abyssal but thought of Basher which you can compare with Skadi.

I understood your build is Troll v2.0 on a 16s cd

For some stupid reason my brain read Abyssal but thought of Basher which you can compare with Skadi.

I understood your build is Troll v2.0

Oh I see. And yes, Abyssal/Basher (bash chance remains the same, but Abyssal is such a good dmg boost so definitely upgrade it) makes her a permabash hero. You can literally permabash Rosh to death before he even manages to touch you. It's really fucking good and not gimmicky at all.

t0rment

Power shot is insanely good, especially if you're mid. harassing, pushing creep wave for the bottle or just getting cs, i'm never maxing shackle first, especially since you don't have the damage to make it worth it at lvl 8 or something.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
My heart wants C9 to win.

My brain knows it's not gonna happen.

I'll settle for another top 6 finish. I think both EG and Secret totally have their number though, and VG is very likely to win vs C9 too. And thats not accounting for any dark horses.

Top Bottom