• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT11| $400 of Support and Passion

Yes, pretty much.

This is why we see stream silence whenever TI is close. Everyone's saving their strats. A part of me wonders if RTZ spamming Radiance Naga games wasn't just misdirection.
We're still in group stage so it's too early to tell, I'd be surprised if they weren't just conditioning opponents into assuming a Naga pick must be a support so they can pull it out when they need a win the most. Also RTZ might have just been spamming Naga because he's godlike at it and it won him easy games, N0tail did the same.

I also heard RTZ say that he thought Huskar was really strong buy we've only seen one pick up until now from I think MVP(though it did okay despite losing), that might have been misdirection.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
is anyone reaching dota-saturation? it's just too much. i might just have to pick a fave team or two and only watch their games.

Sibylus

Banned
is anyone reaching dota-saturation? it's just too much. i might just have to pick a fave team or two and only watch their games.
It happens every year with the group stages. Trying to watch all of it at once is a recipe for burnout
charm_sleeping.gif

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I gave my heart to s4 a long time ago so I only watch games he's in.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
lol why would you try to watch all the games anyway and why do you even have time to make that feasible

of course you'll get tired of it

It's impossible to keep up with, it's literally 12 hours of Dota a day. I only watch 3 series at most then become too tired.
I gave my heart to s4 a long time ago so I only watch games he's in.
This is the best advice, watch Secret games and put it on S4's player perspective and hope he didn't pick Viper for himself.

BeesEight

Catching up on the IHL postmortem, there's some interesting stuff in there.

I'm a little disappointed in requiring a ranked mmr as a sign-up requirement. I get that I'm not as serious about Dota as Hylian is but I don't think that not playing ranked is a sign of someone that wouldn't be good for the league.

Truthfully, I hadn't played Dota 2 for nearly four months before the league started because I don't have any friends to play with regularly and solo unranked is toxic enough to put me off the game. I can't imagine ranked is better where there are players who are more motivated by increasing their rating for the sake of increasing their rating.

Anyway, I get the concern about balancing drafts which makes sense. My scheduling is already typically difficult (since games are predominantly on Sundays, I can typically only show up to half league matches anyway). I'll try and get the ten ranked matches in before sign-ups anyway. It's just a bummer that there's such a barrier--even if it is minor--to entry.

Just giving my two cents. As I've said, the league was fantastic so it's definitely worth putting up with ten games of flaming carries to participate.

TUSR

Banned
Catching up on the IHL postmortem, there's some interesting stuff in there.

I'm a little disappointed in requiring a ranked mmr as a sign-up requirement. I get that I'm not as serious about Dota as Hylian is but I don't think that not playing ranked is a sign of someone that wouldn't be good for the league.

Truthfully, I hadn't played Dota 2 for nearly four months before the league started because I don't have any friends to play with regularly and solo unranked is toxic enough to put me off the game. I can't imagine ranked is better where there are players who are more motivated by increasing their rating for the sake of increasing their rating.

Anyway, I get the concern about balancing drafts which makes sense. My scheduling is already typically difficult (since games are predominantly on Sundays, I can typically only show up to half league matches anyway). I'll try and get the ten ranked matches in before sign-ups anyway. It's just a bummer that there's such a barrier--even if it is minor--to entry.

Just giving my two cents. As I've said, the league was fantastic so it's definitely worth putting up with ten games of flaming carries to participate.

Ill eventually summarize and highlight the video.

And put together a package for future Captains and Admins for IHL3 and beyond.

If you take into account the amount of people that bailed on their team from day 1, having a barrier of entry makes a lot of sense to me. It's not even about that, it's just more fair if everyone has an MMR.

I just wish it was possible to recalibrate MMR, I calibrated mine over a year ago and it may or may not still be accurate(I actually have no idea)and I have no interest in playing ranked for now, but I guess my case is uncommon.

BeesEight

Ill eventually summarize and highlight the video.

And put together a package for future Captains and Admins for IHL3 and beyond.

That's a good idea. And I can't even believe it was ten weeks! You and Anbokr really did a helluva lot of work.

And though you guys said you weren't banning players from the league, can we ban heroes? Teams shouldn't be allowed to draft Vengeful Spirit.

If you take into account the amount of people that bailed on their team from day 1, having a barrier of entry makes a lot of sense to me. It's not even about that, it's just more fair if everyone has an MMR.

I just wish it was possible to recalibrate MMR, I calibrated mine over a year ago and it may or may not still be accurate(I actually have no idea)and I have no interest in playing ranked for now, but I guess my case is uncommon.

Yeah, and me reluctant to be ranked is also probably a fringe case. It does make sense for the draft and it was something I was wondering how they were going to address for the second (third?) season.

TUSR

Banned
That's a good idea. And I can't even believe it was ten weeks! You and Anbokr really did a helluva lot of work.

And though you guys said you weren't banning players from the league, can we ban heroes? Teams shouldn't be allowed to draft Vengeful Spirit.

There is a lot of stuff for next season that Im doing (mostly to automate), and im going to try and have it all ready for IHL3.

At times I thought Anbokr and I had a bit too much on our plates, and alleviating that for next season will be good for whoever is running it.

So many people approached me about banning heroes from the league
yolo.gif
. We will always play on the current game client, when Reborn becomes the official client we'll move to that.

Nymerio

Had a pretty nice game with Shadow Demon recently. Haven't played him in ages so I just sticked to maxing shadow poison asap. With enough mana regen in lane I think that DK on the other team had a disgustingly bad time.

What's generally the accepted build though? After I got 4 points in shadow poison I think I maxed soul catcher next.

Generally only max disru if there's a hero that has really strong illusions, but even then they don't last
I once fucked a TB with an SD counterpick, shit was satisfying

Top Bottom