• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT13| 6.86, our Pit Lord and savior

Status
Not open for further replies.
you actually need to control the birds with visage at all levels, while meepo from 2k to 5k MMR is just Q -> W -> tab repeated until either they're dead or you're dead

i guess? most of the time you can just attack move them, stun occasionally, and otherwise ignore them. It's not that bad.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Controlling the birds is a lot easier than controlling meepos, even with just 1 extra control group.

Quesa

I think it's the differing move speeds that make me feel uneasy. And having every unit I control keep the same toolkit makes tab+W a little more mindless with Meepo. Also, I feel like you need two different senses of awareness for Visage and the familiars; the former has to constantly spam W from afar, and the latter have to get into the thick of it and find a good spot to land and stun. I dunno, I always feel super off while playing him, like my MMR dropped a ton. I don't get this feeling with Meepo (although I used to).

Low Tier
nhRD3j8.png

bbd23

Yea I get that now too

its freakin annoying and windows keeps trying to install an update everytime I load up my PC and it just blue screens once a day at this point

sleeping.gif

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I've played a lot of Visage and Meepo and Visage is harder to micro IMO, but Meepo is harder to play, if that makes any sense. Mapo's poof combo is easy to pull off, but it's a lot harder to keep him alive than Visage. Visage tends to get a love of activated items too, which adds to the amount of crap you need to keep track of. That said, I'm pretty shit at micro in general and I'm pretty damn good on Visage. I think most of the time I'm getting by on just how powerful soul assumption is.

I've played a lot of Visage and Meepo and Visage is harder to micro IMO, but Meepo is harder to play, if that makes any sense. Mapo's poof combo is easy to pull off, but it's a lot harder to keep him alive than Visage. Visage tends to get a love of activated items too, which adds to the amount of crap you need to keep track of. That said, I'm pretty shit at micro in general and I'm pretty damn good on Visage. I think most of the time I'm getting by on just how powerful soul assumption is.

even if you only use birds to stun or push, visage still has a pretty solid kit. With meepo you pretty much have to do real micro to be effective.

I don't know about everyone else, but somehow I have a super tough time accurately clicking on units in DOTA, and it isn't a problem I've had with any other game, really. It's actually easier to micro things from across the map like stacking ancients with dominator creeps, because I sure as hell am not ever going to select the correct unit if they're all bunched together.

Even simple non-urgent stuff like lycan wolf/enigma eidolon jungle micro is somehow impossible for me to do without clicking on the unit portrait as opposed to trying to click on the actual unit I want to select. I wonder if it's some mechanical thing with DOTA I'm just not understanding, because I don't have this same issue with RTS games at all.

I don't know about everyone else, but somehow I have a super tough time accurately clicking on units in DOTA, and it isn't a problem I've had with any other game, really. It's actually easier to micro things from across the map like stacking ancients with dominator creeps, because I sure as hell am not ever going to select the correct unit if they're all bunched together.

Even simple non-urgent stuff like lycan wolf/enigma eidolon jungle micro is somehow impossible for me to do without clicking on the unit portrait as opposed to trying to click on the actual unit I want to select. I wonder if it's some mechanical thing with DOTA I'm just not understanding, because I don't have this same issue with RTS games at all.

I have that problem too, I always thought it was just me being noob
happytears.gif
happytears.gif
Something that fucks me up all the time is trying to select the right tree to cut down for stuff like chokepoint jungling: I just find it impossible to do. I've experimented with it a bunch and I think it's better if I click the base of the tree as opposed to the center or the top. I wonder if that's the same for when trying to select units too.

Hylian7

Yes! I've had this problem in Reborn so often! I've missed last hits/denies because of it.

I've always had trouble dropping items. Every time I try to do it someone or something moves there and I can't drop it. I've missed chances to pick up rapiers/gems because of that.

I have that problem too, I always thought it was just me being noob
happytears.gif
happytears.gif
Something that fucks me up all the time is trying to select the right tree to cut down for stuff like chokepoint jungling: I just find it impossible to do. I've experimented with it a bunch and I think it's better if I click the base of the tree as opposed to the center or the top. I wonder if that's the same for when trying to select units too.

Didn't they tighten up the hitboxes recently? I know there was a period of time where I had difficulty clicking on units.

Wok

I won a Earth Spirit gamegasm.

Helped that it was all random lol.

Earth Spirit is pleasant to play, but it is hard to win with him because you rely on your teammates to do the physical damage in late game fights. A bit like with Puck. Congratulations!

Chris R

Earth Spirit is pleasant to play, but it is hard to win with him because you rely on your teammates to do the physical damage in late game fights. A bit like with Puck. Congratulations!

Only 14 heroes I've yet to win on.

Need to pick a category and stick to it.

yarden24

I mean for me it isnt as bad as that, but certainly i feel i still miss last hits sometimes because i don't click correctly, or i click a skill on a creep in team fights, I don't remember it happening before the change to reborn

So I had to evacuate from a bushfire for the second time in two years. Fun. At least nothing burnt down.

Also why is Sumail complaining? Is he having trouble playing against playmaker mids or something?

So I had to evacuate from a bushfire for the second time in two years. Fun. At least nothing burnt down.

Also why is Sumail complaining? Is he having trouble playing against playmaker mids or something?
Wouldn't take his comments too seriously, keep in mind he's only like 16. Must not feel good to get completely destroyed mid.

Acinixys

Is anyone in here play Dragons Dogma on PC? Is it any good coming off of Witcher 3?

I asked for opinions in the DD thread but everyone in there is a rabid fanboy and had nothing bad to say
dac15_sad.gif

Kade

Is anyone in here play Dragons Dogma on PC? Is it any good coming off of Witcher 3?

I asked for opinions in the DD thread but everyone in there is a rabid fanboy and had nothing bad to say
dac15_sad.gif

If you're looking for something like the Witcher 3 then you're probably going to hate it. It's way less story driven and focuses more on gameplay. The combat is better than the Witcher 3 in my opinion as it focuses more on flashiness, combos and ability/item interactions. Think of it as Monster Hunter with an open world structure and D&D backdrop. Game is absolutely TERRIBLE if you want an experience like Witcher 3, Dragon Age, Baldur's Gate or even JRPGs. I really like it. Enough to have bought it three times since the original release.

Acinixys

If you're looking for something like the Witcher 3 then you're probably going to hate it. It's way less story driven and focuses more on gameplay. The combat is better than the Witcher 3 in my opinion as it focuses more on flashiness, combos and ability/item interactions. Think of it as Monster Hunter with an open world structure and D&D backdrop. Game is absolutely TERRIBLE if you want an experience like Witcher 3, Dragon Age, Baldur's Gate or even JRPGs. I really like it. Enough to have bought it three times since the original release.

So, its an action RPG with all action and very little RPGing

Ive never played Monster Hunter so I have to ask, Is it more like Shadow of Mordor where you are going from area to area killing dudes 24/7?

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
I have just started playing DD but I have no idea what class to play, is Assassin any good? I hear the best class is Mystic Knight.

Kade

So, its an action RPG with all action and very little RPGing

Ive never played Monster Hunter so I have to ask, Is it more like Shadow of Mordor where you are going from area to area killing dudes 24/7?

You mostly fight less enemies than your typical Shadows of Mordor encounter throws at you.

If you haven't played Monster Hunter, the gist of it is that enemies have a variety of weak spots you can target, sometimes leading to weak spot breaking off of becoming permanently damaged, as well as elemental/damage type affinities and weaknesses that you can and should exploit or some encounters actually take fucking forever and you'll just want to quit. You can climb, pick up and hold down enemies too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom