• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT13| 6.86, our Pit Lord and savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

shira

rekt

btw which waifus are these

CV4tvyL.png

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
None of them do.

Inaba, Taiga, Nagisa, Yui (SNAFU)

kionedrik

Such as? I mean, if you take a joke tweet seriously, I can't wait to hear your opinion on the other players.

It might have been a joke tweet but the message is there. Granted it wasn't as salty as Sumail's tweet about the game but it was pretty rude and shows bad sportsmanship (just like the fact that he didn't "gg" out in both games - unless I missed that, in which case I'm sorry) and sore losing. Even if you are better and believe in that, congratulate the winners and save the bashing for yourself or at least don't bring it to public places.

Sumail also behaves like that but he's 16 or 17 so that's to be expected. Not saying every teen is like that but they tend to be jerks, god knows I was.

Peter also seems like an arrogant prick most of the times he talks. There's a line that separates confidence from arrogance and he is constantly crossing it.

Honestly, I'm surprised the grown-ups managing the team never stepped up and get someone to manage PR.

inkls

It might have been a joke tweet but the message is there. Granted it wasn't as salty as Sumail's tweet about the game but it was pretty rude and shows bad sportsmanship (just like the fact that he didn't "gg" out in both games - unless I missed that, in which case I'm sorry) and sore losing.

https://twitter.com/AdmiralBulldog/status/688705586574282752

/s

the message is only there if you want to see it

Sumail also behaves like that but he's 16 or 17 so that's to be expected. Not saying every teen is like that but they tend to be jerks, god knows I was.

true

Peter also seems like an arrogant prick most of the times he talks. There's a line that separates confidence from arrogance and he is constantly crossing it.

theres no examples here? He just "seems like an arrogant prick"?

kionedrik

sure, but even considering that. Still 2/5

What do you mean? I have no problems with Universe or Fear. They both seem like cool guys and I never saw them being dicks. I'd like to be able to root for their team but I can't because of their other teammates, so fuck EG. I root for them individually and like to see them do big plays.

Same thing with Envy. Can't stand the guy so fuck whatever team he's in. Good luck for the other guys in the team, individually. And if you want proof why I don't like him, just watch his stream and his lovely interactions with whoever has the misfortune to be placed in his team.

I just can't be bothered having really strong feelings about any given player. All the players I dislike I just don't like the way they play. Xboct, for example.

That said, there are some pretty crazy fuckers like that ritsu dude

inkls

What do you mean? I have no problems with Universe or Fear. They both seem like cool guys and I never saw them being dicks. I'd like to be able to root for their team but I can't because of their other teammates, so fuck EG. I root for them individually and like to see them do big plays.

Same thing with Envy. Can't stand the guy so fuck whatever team he's in. Good luck for the other guys in the team, individually. And if you want proof why I don't like him, just watch his stream and his lovely interactions with whoever has the misfortune to be placed in his team.

I meant ppd+sumail, still means 3/5 of it is fine, unless you really want that tweet to be taken as more than a joke. A bit unfair to them, you cheer for them individually, but enjoy when their team loses?

kionedrik

I meant ppd+sumail, still means 3/5 of it is fine, unless you really want that tweet to be taken as more than a joke. A bit unfair to them, you cheer for them individually, but enjoy when their team loses?

It's hard to explain but I can differentiate the individual from the team and root for one while berating the other.
Example: My club signed a coach that I hated so while he was there I was a little bit happy when my club lost simply because that put him a little closer to being sacked. At the same time I wanted the guys to win some cups and do well in games, so they could sign better contracts with bigger teams. Now that he's gone I no longer have to worry about it :)

Dota has no likeable personalities.Who is DOta's Mike Ross?
Merlini
Synderen
Akke
Dendi
Winter
Sheever
Yames
Bruno(sadly won't see much of him anymore)
Draskyl
Fly
Probably forgot a ton of people.

These are all personalities that most Dota fans like, there's also other like Bulldog, RTZ, Sing, etc. who people are more divided on but still have a huge fanbase of their own.
how the f did bulldog get such a fast radi in g2
Farm the offlane camp + ancients all day, rotate to lane whenever it pushes. He keeps up and then somehow spirals out of control after the 10 minute mark.

inkls

It's hard to explain but I can differentiate the individual from the team and root for one while berating the other.
Example: My club signed a coach that I hated so while he was there I was a little bit happy when my club lost simply because that put him a little closer to being sacked. At the same time I wanted the guys to win some cups and do well in games, so they could sign better contracts with bigger teams. Now that he's gone I no longer have to worry about it :)

fair enough

U
I like u
Fuck envy and rtz and by extent any team they're on

Mike ross is ass, trihex is the real shit

Wok

I concur. Sumail has already fulfilled the dream of being the child prodigy of Dota2 and helping out his family financially. Fear already has a new desk. PPD got far too much recognition for his drafting skills, since the draft was asymmetrical during TI5 (people had to ban all of Aui's signature heroes, and PPD had no such constraint when dealing with other teams). Arteezy wants to win a TI, but instead of focusing on himself, he changes teams as if others were to blame for his major tilts. Universe is the good guy, funny, making big plays, making bad plays sometimes but not taking it seriously so it is okay, but he has already won a TI, and the best story for Dota as an esport would be the return of the TI3 kings.

Edit: Envy winning a TI with Puppey would be a nice story too. He would change his name to EternalPride.

Deltoid

Banned
eg will be fine

artour took too many baths so he went into the games too relaxed which constricted his ability to play aggressively

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Wish Mike Ross streamed more. There was like 2 weeks last year where he was streaming almost daily and it was magical. Actually probably the saltiest stream in all of Twitch.

Wok

I have watched game 1 in the perspective of Alliance players and it seems S4 is playing Puck with keyboard for camera panning while other players (Akke, Bulldog) use the mouse (edge panning). EGM seemed very OCD when I checked his view. I did not check Loda.

Would you say keyboard for camera panning is superior when playing Puck?

Edit: Or maybe he is using the drag method?

Edit: Seems like it. I have to try that. https://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/1l03km/s4_moves_camera_different_than_other_players/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom